Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update:Something other than fanart)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Sigment » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I haven't played FE:A, but a friend of mine has. Is she an official character, or your character's child?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:44 pm

@Sigment Kurosai:

Slight spoilers here.

Lucina ended up being both when I played the game actually.
She's an official character (and is arguably the most important character in the game) and she ended up being my character's kid as well.
In the create a character I made a female protagonist (as you may have noticed I have an affinity for female characters). She ended up marrying Chrom (who is always Lucina's dad regardless) because it just kind of worked out that way cause I always paired them up in the battles. So Lucina ended up being my character's daughter.   
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm

PPG: A Nightmare in Pokey Oaks
--
Something I did a while ago, but forgot to post here until now. This is a little thing based off an idea a guy I know on DA had. The basics of it is that Abracadaver finds a way to go Freddy Kruger on Blossom's dreams and she has to deal with a night of nightmares and dreamscapes. Its starting to show its age compared to some other stuff I've done recently and there are somethings that I would do differently if I did it now, but its still an okay little drawing. Not sure if anything else will come of it. Things have gotten kind of hectic for me lately.
Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Hmm, it interests me.

Postby Exodis » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Oooo a "Nightmare on Elm Street" mixed with Powerpuff Girls theme.
Interesting...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm

I was always looking at this picture and wondering what the story was or who the bad guy was in the back ground. Now that I know it seems like a really good idea.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

PPG: Princess Morebucks and the Yellow Jacket Armor
--
I've been trying to come up with something cool looking for Princess Morebucks' armor that she wears to fight with the PPG. I've done some designs in the past, but I did find anything all that interesting.
This idea came from when I noticed that Princess' colors were usually yellow and black like a wasps. Wasp is also a term used for rich people sometimes so the idea to do some armor that looked like this just popped into my head.
The design is meant to look a little insect like, but also not so much. I wanted the armor to look like the body of an apex predator, which is probably something this slightly older and more ruthless Princess Morebucks views herself as.
Her armor has a blade on one arm for close encounters and a gun on the other with two barrels along with some wings on her back to help her fly, you can't see it in this, but she also has jet pack to help with lift off. The flaps around her waist carry stuff like grenades, flash bombs, and whatever other kind of gadget she might have.
Princess rarely relies on the armor, viewing her wealth as her more greater power, but if the time ever comes when she has to go toe to toe with three certain super mutant girls, she has something special laying around the mansion.
--
Bark

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 am

Looks like she's over the "I wanna be a Powerpuff Girl" phase of her bitchiness. I like the suit. Both arms have their own sort of "stinger".

The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Awesome work Mad-Mutt, as always. I think you're getting better at hands which I very appreciated as I badly hated how doughy and podgy those things were before, they looked like they belonged to a balloon man. Probably harsh, but wanted to stress how badly I hated your hands before. They still need improvement, but they've come a long way to what they were before.

Anyways, you really are improving that's for sure and I love it as I am noticing that. You're art is more ambitious and becoming more eloquent. By that, you're coming a long way with the form of your characters and adding in all this detail that's all just impressive.

As for the Powerpuff girls in Nightmare in Pokey Oaks, I want to feckin' read fan fiction/comic on that now! If Mad-Mutt's not going to do anything about that! Then I'm going to flippin' dare/push/challenge or simply threaten someone to make a fan fiction related to this. Freddy Kruger vs the Powerpuff girls!
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

I just remembered that someone asked me a question that I forgot to answer the last time, my bad.
Thy_Obsessive_Freak wrote: I also need to know how you did that feckin' aura, because I can't do a flaming aura in my art!

The way I usually do it with my digital art is by using an air brush tool and constantly changing the color values while layering them on top of each other while trying to be careful not to overshadow the character who's giving off the aura until I get that tone I'm looking for. Hope that helps.

The Powerpunk Girls: Age 13
--
Its been a loooong time since I last drew the Punks so I felt like drawing them. I tried a few things with Berserk's outfit and Brute and Brat are how I usually draw them. I guess I should explain a few things. For one, that blood on Berserk's mouth is there because she bit her lip so hard she drew her own blood, she has a few rage issues. Brat's eye liner is leaking and she's wearing a big brown coat mainly because I want her to cover up more than her usual attire does. I decided to use some really dark shading for the background for this one and I wanted the Punks colors to be dark, but not too dark.
--
Bark

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Looks like she's over the "I wanna be a Powerpuff Girl" phase of her bitchiness. I like the suit. Both arms have their own sort of "stinger".

Kinda makes me think of Medabee................?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Twilight and Spike: Guardians of Equestria
--
--
A sort of companion drawing to this one: http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/Twil ... -390321505
Spike is obviously a lot smaller in this picture than he was in the last one, but the show has established that his size can change rather quickly and Twilight does have the power to make him bigger (even if the one time she did it, it was done by accident). So you can either take it that way, or this being a younger Spike. Whatever you prefer.
Once again I played around with Spike appearance, I wanted him to look fierce, but not to fierce. He's still Spike after all.
This is a scene of a battle with an off screen enemy like the last one. Whoever they're battling, I'll leave to your imagination.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:12 am

Its been awhile since the last page of this, but I figured I should start making new ones:

PPG: A Major Loser - Page 13
--
--
Years of death threats, attempts on the lives of her family and friends as well as herself has all made Bubbles a bit... cautious.
If you threaten her or her family (and have superpowers that make you an actual threat and in MM's case has a history of drunken and disorderly behavior), she takes it seriously.
That being said, I don't know how I feel about the punch. I don't know if it would have been better if she took the high rode and didn't hit him. Then again we've seen the holier than thou hero thing a lot. I don't know, if someone came off as threatening to you would you hit him? Maybe I should have made MM's dialogue more aggressive and mean (he was about to call her a bitch though), but then I'd run the risk of having him too unlikable.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:17 am

PPG: A Major Loser - Page 14
--
I like the title picture for the second part of this. It looks cool to me. MM is doing the intense shading thing that makes him look all mysterious and cool and Bubbles is just plain cool looking. So yeah, things are moving on from here and some story stuff is going to happen and we'll soon find out how Bubbles found out who MM really is.
--
Bark

Postby Sigment » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:46 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:That being said, I don't know how I feel about the punch. I don't know if it would have been better if she took the high rode and didn't hit him. Then again we've seen the holier than thou hero thing a lot. I don't know, if someone came off as threatening to you would you hit him? Maybe I should have made MM's dialogue more aggressive and mean (he was about to call her a bitch though), but then I'd run the risk of having him too unlikable.
Don't worry about your plot, Mutt. You're doing great. Given the nature of your story, I saw the punch as a wake-up call of sorts. And MM's dialogue is also not a problem in terms of aggressiveness or being unlikable.

This flashback should be interesting as well, and I look forward to seeing it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 am

Coming Soon (Maybe): Old version
--
I drew this a long time ago, but never uploaded it. For a much better and more interesting version of it please scroll down past this one. I decided to upload it now just for the sake of it.
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 am

Coming Soon (Maybe): New Version
--
Ever since I did the first CN POE versus battle (a comic series based off of a game of a similar name) between Blossom and Aku I've been planning on doing another one of those comics and this is the fight I wanted to do next. Due to some troubles I haven't been able to make much progress with it. I still do hope to get it out here eventually.

This one will be Bubbles vs Mandy vs Him. A triple-threat match.

Bubbles and Mandy are both thirteen in this (Mandy doesn't age like a human anymore) and Bubbles, despite being the same physical age seems to be taller than Mandy. I did intend for that to be the case, but its just kind of interesting to me that Bubbles is taller. Bubbles is a superhuman and she does have a great workout routine of catching falling plans out of the sky and fighting giant monsters, so she's in really good shape.
As you can see Mandy has recently gotten a job. Guess which one. As for how Grim convinced her to take up the scythe, who knows, he probably just tricked her into it. Or maybe I just don't want to tell yet.
And yes that is Him in the background and if he looks like a girl... that was the idea. He's showing off a new look just for this.
--
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 am

Hey-ho, just noticed you had a comic recently Mad-Mutt and read through it now. Have to say I do like your portrayal of the powerpuff girls, even Bubbles as a teenager as it makes so much sense in a Behavioural fashion, growing up with lotz of violence that solves problems, all three of them would very likely become Buttercups. Though I still see Bubble's cuteness and tenderness, but only similar to that of a teenage girl which I think was a brilliant move. So I'm having fun with that, though... I have no idea who the dudes are, I haven't read any other information besides the comic itself. So far he's been fine as a grouchy male character where I'm getting the hint he's going to be the hero without superpowers, as in we're getting a Superman/Batman thing going on, Frank Miller style, the argument where one thinks he's superior because he doesn't need Superpowers and has that insecurity that he maybe does to avoid being overshadowed by those with Superpower who also remind how fragile he is and in a way it's them whose protecting him. That's my guess anyways, I like to make such random guesses. I'm also going to sit here and guess, just like if this was in the big screen and I was sitting next to you, eating your popcorn, spurting what I think's going to happen, where we're going to have more fun with Buttercup as a violent teenager and believes it's no problem the way she does things that even Townsville believes it's perfectly okay, but we're going to have some sort of ride that disagrees on this, hence creating a conflict.

So yes, well impressed Mad-Mutt, as for art, continuing on working on the hands. You have gradually improved, if not made leaps at progressing, as I've noticed the shade more blending well, more detailed clothes which is appreciative (Kind of inspires me really) as well as the hair really being something.

Also want to see this Mandy vs Bubbles vs Him fight now. Bubbles is after all the more carefree, emmotional and least ambitious of the girls, while Mandy is of course is a psychopath, these two have probably an entirely different mindset of values and beliefs that it's going to be fun. As well as the old fashion Superpowered girl who resolves things with violence as well as kindness (Occasionally) against someone resourceful and with a will fueled by pure desire for power that makes her almost overcome any odds, all while being puppeteered by Him, where I can already imagine Mandy not taking it too well and of course Bubbles has demonstrated to be the most annoying of the three towards him.

But yes, I love what's going on here, all three are holding the scythe, well Bubbles is kind of and does seem to be more trying to stop them from holding it, Mandy is giving a threatening glee and Him just looks... nightmarish, sorry but that face is something like foul minded creature would give off, absolutely revolting... I love it. And he's got his finger tips on the end of the scythe that just tells yionk. But love where this is going.

Hope this outburst was appreciated anyways Madd-Mutt.

An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 am

@Thy_Obsessive_Freak:

Thanks for the comment Freak and I have no problem with lengthy ones at all. I'm glad you're interesed in my work and I appreciate the enthusiasm more than you know.
The first CN versus battle (Blossom vs Aku) was... mostly an experiment to see if I can do something like this.

I guessing you don't know much about Major-Man because he actually does have super powers. He just isn't that good at being super. He was a one shot character form the PPG episode "Major Competition" and he was a fake hero who would set up fake crimes and do things like mess up rail road track so he could fly in a fix them at the last second and save everyone from a possible disaster to make him look good. In the end he was of course exposed as the fake he was and that was the last we saw of him in the show. This story is basically a shot at redemption for him that may or may not end happily for him.

--

Some stuff that I need to share real quick.

Art may be a little slow for a while, but for good reason.

I'm working one of my comics and I won't be posting any pages until I make some real progress with it. I may post some other little single drawing here and there just so things keep going on in my gallery.

Projects I have planned (the one's I've shown you all anyways):

PPG: A Major Loser
--
(In Progress)

CN Punch Out Explosion:
Bubbles vs Mandy vs Him
--
(In Development)

PPG: A Nightmare in Pokey Oaks
--
???

The Utonium Triplets
--
Just a far off dream... for now.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:43 am

Aaah, I think I remember Major man, just can't remember that episode well enough and you certainly don't share the same style if you don't mind me saying. Doesn't look enough like Major man, but I'm probably just being to fussy here. So it's an old fashion morality take then, fair enough. I can't really write a lot about that anyways like I did previously as that can just go anywhere. But I'm guessing Major man feels he blew it at the superhero gig, hence guilty and ashamed. He could've had it all if he had just played by the rules, but could be arguing that about the violence involved, being a superhero involves a lot of violence and beating people up and that's probably how Major man trys to feel better. Again assuming here, but while he just pretended to be a hero at least it didn't turn him into a violent superthug. Again I'm probably just imagining this circling around how Bubbles has growing up into a violent teenage girl.

And awesome list of projects Mad_mutt, look forward to them.

An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 am

PPG: Bubbles on her side of the room
--
--
At some point the PPG decided that they'd rather have their own beds in their own parts of the room. This is Bubbles' bed.
This is also a picture that's going to be one of the panels for the up coming comic I'm now working on. And before you ask this is the only time I'm doing this for this comic and I'm mainly doing it now because I just like a simple little picture of Bubbles laying on her bed and listening to some music and it might be a while before any other art comes along so this is something to keep things form seeming too quite in my gallery.
We have Octi here (whose gotten a little worn out over the years, but Bubbles still loves him) and Punisher plush toy and one movie poster.
The movie poster was originally going to be the most ridiculous name for a movie I could come up with, which WAS Predator 6: Back to the Hood, but then I found out there was a Leprechaun movie of a similar name so I went with the second most ridiculous thing I could come up with so now we have Predator Six: He'll Cut Your Shit, but with shit bleeped out.

I kind of wanted to throw in more stuff here because I can kind of sort of see Bubbles turning into one of those people who have some interest in pop culture stuff as well as art and music, but I decided to stop with what I had here because the other panels need some attention as well and there wasn't a whole lot of room left.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 am

Again Mad-Mutt you impress me with your take on the powerpuff girls. Although I much prefer three girls in the same bed together :twisted: (Hope that doesn't get my comment deleted), it makes perfectly logical sense that they would want their own bed.

Your also putting more detail into the hands, keep it up. They arms though could be a lot more formed and shaped. But I do like how you've made her lay there, she looks so alive. As well as the details and perspectives going on here.

An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 am

First batch of pages incoming:

CN: POE - Bubbles vs Mandy vs Him - Cover
--
The cover page of the next CN versus battle.
This is basically me trying to make an interesting cover. I'm sure something involving them fighting would have been a better fit, but I wanted to try something different. The blind fold thing was something that kind of popped into my head.
And yes, I do plan on Him's new "look" being explained in the comic.
The last versus battle was a bit of an experiment, but this time there will be more of a story to how these characters meet up and end up fighting with each other so we'll be spending a bit of time with the contenders before the fists start flying.
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:50 am

CN: POE - Bubbles vs Mandy vs Him - Page 1
--
Ghost girl is one spiteful chick. Then again, screw that guy for running her over.
--
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Art