Korikou'S Art try out

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Korikou'S Art try out

Postby noxux » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Your drawings are pretty good korikou and make good shading. A lot better than what you had four years ago. Great work.
P.S You should check Hiroko's art thread to see her drawings.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Hiroko » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Hello there. o3o I was informed that your drawing apparently looks like my avatar? x'D

I can certainly see why. Both feature a cute feminine boy in a blue hoodie with cat ears. ouo
In any case, cute art. :3
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Randori wrote:I THOUGHT IT WAS A GIRL!
>.>
<.<
Shit

So glad I wasn't the only one.

Normally though, people have the opposite problem.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 am

I agree with Blood lord, if no one minds me being an echo (What? I really wanted to say what he was going to say...)

Anyways. The shading an the shining here is just brilliant Koriku (Like look at how you've used shadow to assist with the perspective of pillow fallen off the bed). I don't care for the way you do folds, but I must admit it does work (I prefer folds with lines).

But anyways, I'm not sure if you intentionally make your characters femine or something. But you certainly do. For one that sleepwear the character's wearing is very skimpy as we can see his legs. Yes guys wear stuff like that to, but it's more associated with women. Plus the hood with ears is more associated with girls, as well as the headband. You also have him blushing as he's folding his leg up, again more asssociated with women. I'm probably being sexiest here, but I'll only stop at that part. You could thicken the eyebrows more and the eye lashes less as well as a longer mouth to make him more manly. That's my suggestion anyways.
As for anything else, those cords of his hood could use some shade to make them look more 3D, unless they're those flat cords. Also I appreciate the way you do hands, but the one with folded fingers also don't look 3D enough, the upper tips look so flat. For example I can only see one shape. This could be nitpicking as the art does look fine, but I'm just hoping to come up with ways that do help you improve Koriku.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby korikou » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 am

Hiroko wrote:Hello there. o3o I was informed that your drawing apparently looks like my avatar? x'D

I can certainly see why. Both feature a cute feminine boy in a blue hoodie with cat ears. ouo

Kitsune's hoody is fox ears, his name means fox so I usually give him fox ears

noxux wrote:Your drawings are pretty good Korikou and make good shading. A lot better than what you had four years ago.

You mean a million times better I have no idea what I was drawing back then.

Thy_Obsessive_Freak wrote:I agree with Blood lord, if no one minds me being an echo (What? I really wanted to say what he was going to say...)

Anyways. The shading an the shining here is just brilliant Koriku (Like look at how you've used shadow to assist with the perspective of pillow fallen off the bed). I don't care for the way you do folds, but I must admit it does work (I prefer folds with lines).

But anyways, I'm not sure if you intentionally make your characters femine or something. But you certainly do. For one that sleepwear the character's wearing is very skimpy as we can see his legs. Yes guys wear stuff like that to, but it's more associated with women. Plus the hood with ears is more associated with girls, as well as the headband. You also have him blushing as he's folding his leg up, again more asssociated with women. I'm probably being sexiest here, but I'll only stop at that part. You could thicken the eyebrows more and the eye lashes less as well as a longer mouth to make him more manly. That's my suggestion anyways.
As for anything else, those cords of his hood could use some shade to make them look more 3D, unless they're those flat cords. Also I appreciate the way you do hands, but the one with folded fingers also don't look 3D enough, the upper tips look so flat. For example I can only see one shape. This could be nitpicking as the art does look fine, but I'm just hoping to come up with ways that do help you improve Koriku.

Okay, first off!
Kitsune is supposed to look like a girl, he's like Hideyoshi from Baka and Test
Second!!
He has a fever in this picture, he's tossing and turnin' and has that blush; you can see he's not having a good sleep at all, that's why the blanket is all thrown off and one of the pillows is on the floor
Third!!!
I agree about the folded fingers, my sketch wasn't very clear so it made the linearting difficult for that hand, in the end I decided the old "didn't know what to do so just make the back parts black and call it unique shading even though you're just being lazy" style would work the best
Fourth!!!!
Don't ever stop being nitpicky!!! The world needs people who know what's wrong with something otherwise art would stand still!....also you spelled my name wrong but this is the internet so who cares.

All in all, thanks for the reviews my artistic people!
Pie Master

Postby Hiroko » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 pm

korikou wrote:
Hiroko wrote:Hello there. o3o I was informed that your drawing apparently looks like my avatar? x'D

Kitsune's hoody is fox ears, his name means fox so I usually give him fox ears

I suppose I should have said "animal ears," then. XD; My character himself is actually supposed to be a wolf. I only mean "cat ears" in the generic sense of the shape of the ears, not that they actually are cat ears in specific. xD
The Sentimental One

Postby korikou » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Chapter four cover!
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3068406/4/Shinbai-s-Board
Leave a good anonymous review for me so I can get more views on the story please!
Pie Master

Postby korikou » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:22 am

Anyone feel like doing a collab with me? I can't draw backgrounds or buildings but I'm kind of good at drawing people so I'll try really hard not to disappoint you if we work together!
Pie Master

Postby Sigment » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:24 am

Well, Blood's drawing the main character of my story, but if you want to try one of the other main characters, it would be fun to try.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby korikou » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm

I drew an assassin!

You think you got what it takes to take him down before he kills you?
Pie Master

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Assassin*
Got a colored version? Looks pretty good without, but I'm curious to see your color choices.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brax4 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Reminds me a lot of Kakashi from Naruto. Just the mood, hair, and the fact that the eye is colored.

Great work on posing and shading, looks pretty awesome.

My one gripe is those abs, wow, those are some toned abs. Personally, I think they should be toned down just a tad, but that's just my personal opinion. Looks great regardless.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Morpheus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 am

I would recommend you research facial features and how they are in proportion to one another.
That way you'll have a base set in each part of the face as to how to place everything else.
For example if you know that the corners of the eyes stop at the same point the nose ends it'll help you place the features more correctly.
Someone I suggest for this is Bridgman and Hogarth.
Loomis is is also good for finding those kinda guidelines and his books are free for download in PDF.

Postby korikou » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Pie Master

Postby korikou » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:28 pm

I colored the picture, I know that this isn't my normal super happy fun time cute stuff with super bright colors but sometimes we do stuff we wish we hadn't, this picture symbolizes friendship and how sometimes the stupid options we make in life can be put behind us if a friend is there to carry us home
Pie Master

Postby korikou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:59 pm

My salute to summer! The leaves will be changing soon over here so I have to say goodbye to my summer days with bright bang full of memories
Pie Master

Postby korikou » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Pie Master

Postby korikou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 pm

HEY EVERYONE I FINALLY HAVE AN UPDATE THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY ACTUAL STORY LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPTER FIVE OF SHINBAI'S BOARD IS NOW UP!!

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3068406/5/Shinbai-s-Board

AND OF COURSE I HAVE THE CHAPTER COVER ART
MAKE SURE TO READ AND REVIEW SO I CAN IMPROVE PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!
Pie Master

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm

So weird, I just went to look at one of your pics and thought how you haven't updated in a while.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby korikou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:48 pm

I've been posting a few pictures lately but they kinda got over shadowed by the new up and coming artists that have appeared lately!
Doesn't really matter though

"Art is a life lived not a life studied"

That's a philosophy I take to heart
Pie Master

Postby korikou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Anyway, I colored the picture!
Pie Master

Postby korikou » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Yesterday I finished a drawing for my friends on FictionPress, they're total pervs and actually made an online gentlemen's club; I don't plan on joining but I wanted to show them my support so I made them something nice

And as a bonus! I finally made a completed version of the chapter five cover!!

So if you think Akane is sexy or Kitsune is cute go and read Shinbai's Board.......AND LEAVE A REVIEW!!

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3068406/1/Shinbai-s-Board
Pie Master

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Randori wrote:Image

Aw man, not again...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Brother Orin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I like the hair styles on the recent images, very nice.
At your service.

Postby korikou » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks!
While I was drawing it, I wasn't sure how it would turn out but after it was finished, it looked pretty satisfactory so I felt kind of happy about it!
Pie Master

PreviousNext

Return to Art