snapped

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 pm

NEK: Noooooooooo Why Chi WHY!?! YOY She was so young, so vibrant, so full of Life ;3; I always knew her obsessive tendencies would eventually get the better of her I just never thought she’d…she’d WHY!?!?!?!?! YOY.
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: snapped

Postby silvercover » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:33 pm

looks like I get first post.

now things are gonna start moving, as chi will find out what happened.
I really like how chi calmed down thanks to that mimi replica on her hand :redface:
Romance Expert

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Kids. Cutting yourself will never solve your problems. Even if you're a immortal deity.
Not Space Jesus

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:03 am

But what if the essence that spills from your cut wounds form little adorable mini mimis? Would it then?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Zen » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:29 am

Maybe she's cutting off the Mimi growth. just a thought. Seems like too much of an overreaction to simply end it all. That and being the spawn of an alien demon chi should be able to live through something like that.

Postby silvercover » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:36 am

I wonder if people are actually looking at the comic or just reading the description from OP. seems to me either she's sending a form of herself through the phone to HIM's lair or she herself is gonna go there in fluid form via the phone.
Romance Expert

Postby Havoc » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 am

silvercover wrote:I wonder if people are actually looking at the comic or just reading the description from OP.

I always assumed it was the other way around.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:37 am

I would say it's obvious that she plans to make a little Mimi figure out of her blood, but I suppose there's always a chance that I'm wrong.

As for all of these errors that we see, I'm just gonna say it. Isn't it the editor's job to help avoid mistakes like this? I'm sorry, but this NEK guy kinda annoys me. His update comments feel so... stupid. With PpGD, BR's are always hinting in the slightest to future events, yet are cryptic enough to keep you guessing.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 am

I kinda agree with you. Since you're sticking your neck out here, I would also like to get something off my chest. I'm not very fond of Chi's character at this point. She just seem kinda "one dimensional". Granted she hasn't been around long enough to really be established, but I'm just not seeing it. Then again, I've never really been fond of the spoiled, over-privileged type.

I wonder if anyone on Bleed's team gets payed, like NEK, or BR?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 am

Well that escalated quickly. I don't really like Chi either, all she's done so far is eat and be a spoiled brat. I could forgive that if that was all she had done but then she tried to pick a fight with HIM. I hate it when characters can't tell the obvious difference in skill/power and try to pick a fight.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:24 am

I agree, NEK only comments on the page itself, stating the obvious while BR actually gives some hints of what is going to happen next.

In the beginning I liked Chi very much because of the idea that she was a lesbian Yandere. But the Yandere part disappointed me a bit, she should be more creepy instead of very spoiled and cutting herself. She should take Yuno Gasai as an example.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Asinerta » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 am

silvercover wrote:seems to me either she's sending a form of herself through the phone to HIM's lair or she herself is gonna go there in fluid form via the phone.

That would make sense, but I wonder how she got the knowledge of being able to do that. My guess is that she saw Aku doing it at some point and now decided to try it.

Other than that, I don't see a reason for her to slit her wrist, unless she's even more insane than I thought…
I like sleeping

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:10 am

Option 1, she has a knife at hand because she made the sushi herself. Option 2, she is just plain crazy. I do not think anyone really believes she simply cut her wrist. I thought she was cutting off the creepy Mimi growth and then it would become a mini sidekick. But I really like Silvercover's idea about her transporting her self through phones but as she can not even control her shapeshifting, her most basic power, I do not feel that is what will happen.

As for people saying they do not like NEK I feel it is too early to say things like that. We are not even really sure if the spelling mistakes are his fault. I do not feel the story has really dragged or been uninteresting in this new chapter. And as for the differences between him and BR, he has not been at this for long, maybe the reason he is not giving hints is because nothing to really hint at right now without telling us what is going to happen on the next page. I actually prefer this to PPGD but that is mainly because of the characters or because I liked GA over PPG. but another reason I like it is because you do not need wikipedia to fully understand what is happening, if you don't mind my saying, I really did not mean that as an insult.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 am

Asinerta wrote:
silvercover wrote:seems to me either she's sending a form of herself through the phone to HIM's lair or she herself is gonna go there in fluid form via the phone.

That would make sense, but I wonder how she got the knowledge of being able to do that. My guess is that she saw Aku doing it at some point and now decided to try it.

Other than that, I don't see a reason for her to slit her wrist, unless she's even more insane than I thought…

Considering that Chi only just discovered her shapeshifting powers like a dozen pages ago, I seriously doubt she would know enough to pull off some sort of complex technique like that. Unless there was a time-skip somewhere in here that I didn't know about, we should still be within the same DAY. Point being, there is no reason she should be able to take a knife to her wrist with 100% confidence that everything will be fine, because she still has no clue how to control her powers or what her abilities are.

Also, I'm going to echo that Chi is far less interesting than I had hoped. I expected the rich brat, but I kinda hoped there would be more to her than eating, screaming, and being sexually depraved. Which, y'know, these things could all be funny in moderation. But when that is literally all there is to the character it gets irritating really fast.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 am

Tenshi is that you? Stop repeating me. :] Also we have hardly seen much of Chi, opinions could change.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:27 am

Chi probably can't travel across cellular signals like she's the Atom.
Not Space Jesus

Postby silvercover » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:38 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I agree, NEK only comments on the page itself, stating the obvious while BR actually gives some hints of what is going to happen next.

In the beginning I liked Chi very much because of the idea that she was a lesbian Yandere. But the Yandere part disappointed me a bit, she should be more creepy instead of very spoiled and cutting herself. She should take Yuno Gasai as an example.

thats because she's not really a yandere as I said previously. sure she's got the obsessive part and murderous part on, but she lacks the composure, knowledge, skill, awareness, and the "cheerful" look.
what I see in chi is a tsundere.

^btw I suggested its only a part of her and not all of her that can transport. where it either forms into a mini mimi, or mini version of herself, on the other end of the phone.

otherwise why is she doing it on the phone and not on the counter?
Romance Expert

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 am

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:
Asinerta wrote:

Considering that Chi only just discovered her shapeshifting powers like a dozen pages ago, I seriously doubt she would know enough to pull off some sort of complex technique like that. Unless there was a time-skip somewhere in here that I didn't know about, we should still be within the same DAY. Point being, there is no reason she should be able to take a knife to her wrist with 100% confidence that everything will be fine, because she still has no clue how to control her powers or what her abilities are.

That's what I thought as well, however it is safe to conclude that whatever she's doing that it involves her phone. I'd doubt anyone would blatantly get there magic black fluids all over their phone without proper reasoning, right? (She is super privileged and shiz so I'd assume she has about 20 back ups laying around, so I guess that thought is out the window in Chi's cas)

Then again, I noticed that she has her text messaging screen pulled up on her phone. I don't know how advanced phones are there, buuutt it would be pretty cool if Chi could send her essence to demo via sending a text w/ an attachment ( her essence ) file on her phone.

rambling again, so, yeah... done.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:52 am

You have a good point, she did purposefully bleed all over the phone. Plus I do not think she fits tsundere either. Though after a while and maybe more interactions with other characters maybe it will become definitely clear which she falls under.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 am

ari-6 wrote:You have a good point, she did purposefully bleed all over the phone. Plus I do not think she fits tsundere either. Though after a while and maybe more interactions with other characters maybe it will become definitely clear which she falls under.

tsundere and yandere sometimes overlap that they end up being almost the same.
difference is, yandere is like completely in control of the situation, or at least of what she will do. a tsundere is often just all bark and no bite.

to make an example, I believe chi never really was gonna try and shoot him, she was in over her head and thought him would comply.
the thing is, if chi was really a yandere, even HIM would have paused(only idiots would attempt to push chi in that situation, considering this is him he knows chi wouldnt) as a yandere would almost never back out or hold back in that situation, only if the interest would say otherwise would the yandere not go through with it.

that's why she's closer to tsundere. she sounds like she means all the bad stuff she says, but isnt really. another would be her rantings towards mimi, a real yandere would never if ever blame the love interest until she sees it for herself. a yandere wouldnt be able to pick up the "hints" of their love interest not liking them, at best they just assume they're misunderstanding them.
while a tsundere you know, would easily say those nasty things regarding their love interest but never means it.
Romance Expert

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 am

Alright for now she is definitely closer to tsundere. I feel she could still become a likable character and I really want to see more of her in this story so I really hope she tries to break into the castle soon.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:19 am

I don't think she cut of her hand if she did she can regrow it back.

Postby Sahtori-Kamaya » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:46 am

*points* ... T-Rex...
Dare to dream... Dare to believe
It is Fluffy Time

Postby Yamitora1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 am

she's doing it all wrong, don't cut across, cut down and up.
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby Firehazard » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Chi may have known about the transferring of essence prior to all this - I imagine it's a separate ability, one that she may have actually known of from her mother. Who knows.

She could be trying to send a little Mimi to scope the place so she can see for herself. I'm sure she can heal from it, so she may just be trying a hunch that she can do it.

And most typical brat kids will act exactly how she does, with no patience and no respect for others. They end up having to learn the hard way.
"It's nice, Kryts, really nice." "It's really great." "In fact, it's better than nice, it's fantastic." "Isn't it great?" "It's really great." "Really, really great."
". . . Are we eating the same stuff?"

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!