A Case Plead With Death

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A Case Plead With Death

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Otto going to the past?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Well, he went somewhere.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Or...sometime.
Damn Sig, you knew I couldn't resist that xD

It'd make more sense for Otto to go to the future tho.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Havoc wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Well for new people, it has to be said again, since there's no way for the to know. Unless they've been randomly lurking around long enough to see others point it out. Then there's those annoying people that implies a connection in the same thread that has stated the fact.

I wonder. Do you think PMing said people, would help with this problem in anyway?

I've already tried it. Got a "thank you for telling me I'm a complete dumbass" reply back, but its pretty useless to do so.

Tenshi Nova wrote:It'd make more sense for Otto to go to the future tho.

Did it state where he was going?

It seemed more to me that it was a involuntary jump to when ever he went.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Firehazard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

There just needs to be a big sign that states that they're alternate universes, maybe as part of the stickies . . if they actually read those, of course.
"It's nice, Kryts, really nice." "It's really great." "In fact, it's better than nice, it's fantastic." "Isn't it great?" "It's really great." "Really, really great."
". . . Are we eating the same stuff?"

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:22 pm

the best course of action would be to put a big sign in the comic stating that they are two separate universes.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Asinerta » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Maybe Otto went to some sort of Time Squad HQ? You know, maybe to get some info or… something?
I like sleeping

Postby The Creator » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 pm

I apologise everyone.

I believe it was me that started the whole GT and PPGD crossover thing the previous day.
It was because of my comment on an older Mandy calling Grim to get back home.
I thought of Grim and Mandy getting married in this universe too and that was her calling from the underworld since it exists at all times. I did not even think about the younger Mandy.

Also now that I think about it what if Billy and Many are with Grim right now because he was forced to drag them along, ruining the closest thing he had to a badass moment.

Seriously though, my bad.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:27 am

No. Trust me. The misguided thought that PpGD and GT are related, has been going on LONG before you or me arrived. I think it started around 2010-2011, somewhere in there.

Asinerta wrote:Maybe Otto went to some sort of Time Squad HQ? You know, maybe to get some info or… something?

That's what I was thinking. Especially if he was "forced" to make the jump. I assume that would be the default place he would be sent. I'm wondering if the Time Squad will have some sort of influence over Jack's quest to save the future. I think it's a very strong possibility, given the nature of there work.

Blood Lord wrote:the best course of action would be to put a big sign in the comic stating that they are two separate universes.

Maybe have a page update, stating the fact that the two comics are NOT related. I fear that even if Jack's story transpires, some people still won't get it. there are those out there who are thicker than a molasses milkshake
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:39 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Or...sometime.
Damn Sig, you knew I couldn't resist that xD

It'd make more sense for Otto to go to the future tho.

I believe that the Time Squad only can go to the past, and back to the Time Squad HQ (or other places in the present). At least they never went to the future in the show.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 am

Asinerta wrote:Maybe Otto went to some sort of Time Squad HQ? You know, maybe to get some info or… something?

I was thinking along those lines as well. I thought that he was being forced back to HQ for the time being since the tachyon count was too high. Although looking back at the page I guess he could have been sent anywhere.
Darkingdomhearts wrote:I believe that the Time Squad only can go to the past, and back to the Time Squad HQ (or other places in the present). At least they never went to the future in the show.

If you're observing the timeline as a member of the Time Squad, then yes they are traveling to the past. However while present in what we believe to be the present (time), we're observing it as Otto going to the Future (even if technically all Otto is doing is returning to his present timeline). I don't recall them traveling to the future in the show, but I do have a quote about the premise of the show:
According to Larry 3000, an android time cop, "time is like a rope", and, as it is woven at one end, ages and gradually unravels and frays at the other...The Time Squad organization was set up to ensure that history was maintained, and the future protected.

So if time were truly like a rope as Larry suggested, then they're simply fixing the ends (in the past). I guess that if something different had occurred in the future that we see in Time Squad, then it is possible that a different Time Squad (from sometime further in the future) would attempt to fix it.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 am

So we now have definite linking of Naga and the Dragon to PPGD. And wouldn't it be cool if Dee Dee (if that is indeed her, since she's not acting at all like her) has somehow earned the posting of the Dragon through the merit of her actions? That would make Naga her subordinate, even if the office itself forbid her from meddling too much in Dexter's affairs.

It has been a long time since we've seen a pantyshot, this much is true. It's also happening while Blossom and Buttercup have completely turned the tables on Sam and Bell. Unless there's a fast recovery in the future, this could turn into a curbstomb battle, which would in turn lead to the whole reason Grim has arrived.

Also notice that the Dragon / Dee Dee still counts Sam as a girl despite her mechanic mutations.
A Page Flipper

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 am

Strange, it seemed like you both read and ignored the other posts.
Not sure how to follow up.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 am

Perhaps the reason Grim is here is because someone is going to die.

someone with either such a complex vastly mutated soul that they do not know what to do with her or someone that will either do something really bad in the future or something really good.And they are debating whether to just kill her now to save future stress.

Or a soul that has done both good and bad and they need Grim's help to decides whether she is going up or down.
let me think about it

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:50 am

The Creator wrote:Perhaps the reason Grim is here is because someone is going to die.

Yeah he is brought along here because Sam is more than likely gonna die. The one that's controversy is over wether she's alive or not. But is it any different than putting your brain in a robot's body like metallo?
Last edited by MERASMUS! on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 am

Doc, find a smaller pic, and be nice to the newer members.
At least he's trying to contribute.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 am

Is dede an official guardian angel
she is so divine and majestic now
rockin thoses hevenly robes

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Can we assume that Blossom is the one that makes the mistake since Dede is the one that points it out?

TheMadDoctor wrote:
The Creator wrote:Perhaps the reason Grim is here is because someone is going to die.

Yeah he is brought along here because Sam is more than likely gonna die. The one that's controversy is over wether she's alive or not. But is it any different than putting your brain in a robot's body like metallo?

I agree that grim's there for Sam since he didn't even know why he was drug there in the first place, then Dede points out the fourth to which gives him clarity to whom of which will... Well.. Ya know.

However! The fact that Naga is the one whom dragged him along may have him prevent/extend someones life at this point by Naga's will/authority since he kinda is a/ and or representative of a god to which the individual that is kept alive can fulfill an action ( alter the bomb maybe? ).

I'd like to see grim go and whip out one of their hourglasses to add sand to it.... But i'm rambling for the first in a while and i got class in 14 min.

Good day.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Guardian » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Well... Grim did ask what he was there for.

Semper Vigilans

Postby The Creator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 pm

In different story lines Metallo had his brainwaves transferred to a robot not his brain, though I see what you are saying, I guess it comes down to what the soul actually is.
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:34 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and assume you're referring about Samantha. Yes?
Unless told otherwise, I'm going to go with Sam still being part human, and her having a soul. Even if she became full-metal, I'm wondering if her soul could be inside that robot body. Maybe Dr.X (or whoever) somehow transferred Sam's soul into that robot body. Kinda like Ghost in the Shell.

The Creator wrote:Or a soul that has done both good and bad and they need Grim's help to decides whether she is going up or down.

I say chances are Sam's going straight to Hell. Unless there's a very, very, good reason behind her motives.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Death the Kid? hm...
I don't see it, Naga seems more, stable shall I say.

Well, guess you're sorta right. Actually, I more meant the guy who voices Death the Kid (Todd Haberkorn). I could see Naga sounding more like Ling, from FMA:B. I guess I just should have said the name of the voice actor instead.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sahtori-Kamaya » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 am

I love how this was draw, someone said: 'Panty? from the anime' but I think it's indeed DeeDee, but I just love how the texture is on her - such angelic design and drawn - that's the drop that made me join, since I love those kind of drawings - I feel kind of a bee and now 'show me more...' feeling.

I don't understand much of some cartoons, I only can watch the Grim Reaper with Mandy and Billy in Spanish on YouTube and that wont get me for to be honest... Dutch/English.

I fallowed the comic years ago via dA and then here of course... I love it a lot, since I'm looking for a place myself... Getting off the subject - I really love this page so much...
Dare to dream... Dare to believe
It is Fluffy Time

Postby Havoc » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forums. Glad you decided to join us.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Blood Lord wrote:It seemed more to me that it was a involuntary jump to when ever he went.
I can not really remember if I just guessed this but I thought he was being brought back to base to prevent him from doing anything to stop the bomb exploding.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Welcome to the party Sahtori-Kamaya! Have fun reading and joining in on discussions or theories for anything we can possibly come up with. If you haven't already, go check out the rules for the forums, that way the Mods don't get mad for something that you didn't know about. Hope you enjoy your stay with us! Love your avatar by the way! Super cute!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!