Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote: I don't dislike things I don't know about.
...I get the feeling you are taking pot shots at me. It is over 600 chapter's. That is a lot of time to someone like me.
Tenshi Nova wrote: If it were to somehow become the best manga/anime of all time, I wouldn't even give it half a fuck.
If it were to become the best manga of all time it would dethrone Onepiece. That really would not bother you? Also, we all know how much you hate bleach but I do not think you have ever explained why you respect it?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Pot shots? Wasn't directed at you, just talking about myself.

One Piece isn't the best imo, first off, it hasn't ended. Second, if it was the best, people wouldn't complain about it. Not taking shots at you, there's plenty of things that people dislike about. Not many of them are well informed reasons, but there are some. I do believe tho, it's the best out of The Big 3.

As for why I respect Bleach...
Character creation. I enjoy the variety, personal opinion. I understand why many hate the abundance, but I like it.
Everything has an explanation. A stupid explanation. But an explanation that fits the logic it tries to get across.
IE: Why is this guy so OP? He's lived for thousands of years. Stupid, but it's something.
Artwork. It's one of its big selling points, if not then the biggest. Realizing this, it's abused time and time again, tastefully.

That's why I'm willing to see this thing to the end. Even after Aizen...which was a huge let down.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:One Piece isn't the best imo,
I was referring to One Piece being the most sold manga. Volume 64 (I think). I was not calling it the best for any other reason. What happens in volume 64 to merit those sales?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm

hm...61 was the timeskip.
64 should be around the time the crew fought the army of 10,000. It was 10 vs 10,000. Damn that was a good arc. No wonder it holds the record. OH, and the references...damn, that arc was all over. Tits, wine, feels, action, racism...damn, I feel like rereading it now.
I won't go into detail tho, but damn. Badass anime/manga moments of history right there.
I can honestly say, that if there were a list of 'in context' badass fight sequences, One Piece could take a few in the top 20.

Anyways, G'night guys.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:22 pm

So what can you guys tell me about the Index/Railgun/Accelerator series?
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:28 am

FUCKING LOVE IT!
I'll go into more detail if someone else hasn't already later today. I hate typing on my phone :p
But the series is awesome, in my opinion
Accelerator > Railgun > Index
In levels of interest. Which character would you like to hear more about specifically?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 am

Beat ya to it Tenshi! Railgun/Index =awesome=go read/watch. Has the Accelerator manga started yet?

Wait, now that I have said that, where do I start? I guess I could start with Railgun as it is where I started reading and it is a prequel. So it is about a city of people with super powers, All of the people come to that Academy city to learn how to control their powers and are given ranks. From "0: No powers", to "5: Highest rank". The main character of Railgun is the 3rd ranked level 5 in the city, Mikoto Misaka the "Railgun". It is basically about her and her three friends (Lv4 Kuroko, her room mate and lesbian stalker. Lv1 Uiharu, the girly girl. And Lv0 Saten the token normal) solving various conspiracy's and mysteries around the city. It is a prequel to Index and basically tells the story of what Mikoto does between her appearances in the main series.

I do not know as much about the Index series, but it is about Toma, a Lv0 with bad luck. Actually he has the power to block out other peoples powers with his right hand, unfortunately no scan can detect his power so he has no rank and it also blocks out his luck. He runs into a girl called Index and vows to protect her from the various Magic users who are trying to recapture her for the information in her head.

Accelerator started out as the main antagonist of the sisters ark of Index and Railgun (For more impact I suggest reading/watching Railgun first). He is the most powerful Lv5. Not to mention a complete asshole who you have every reason to hate but still think is pretty awesome. He gets a redeeming storyline later on where he has to save and protect a little girl and becomes her guardian. I guess the story of the "A certain OP Accelerator" manga would be about him and the little girl.

So that is everything I can say without giving to much away. It is a really fun story but can also be really dark at times. I personally would recommend reading/watching the Railgun first. I would recommend watching the sub instead of the dub but this is mainly because of personal preference and because one particular character sounds terrible in the dub compared to the sub. Accelerator sounds pretty cool in the dub though so that is something.
Last edited by ari-6 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:38 am

Poor Ari, don't scare ppl.
Keep it simple when giving a summary.

Railgun is actually taking place the time as Index.
Railgun stays on the sci-fi aspect of the world.
Index goes towards the magic.

Both dark depending on your ethical views.

Damn you Ari, making type on my phone!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Accelerator I know somethings about given his popularity I know that he's generally a borderline psychopath, Is the strongest in the city of people with superpowers, Only wears 2 things throughout the series, & is a lolicon.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Not a lolicon, she clung to him. Like Kenpachi with his tiny one.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 pm

There was even an official 4 panel comic making a joke about him being a Lolicon.

Accelerator- "This is not a negotiation, a suggestion, a deal, an entreaty, an agreement, a compromise, or a capitulation. THIS IS MY VICTORY MARCH, YOU FUCKS!."

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 pm

And that's our Anime Quote of the day.
Last edited by Hallow Nova on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Funfact about Railgun. The coffee joint Misaka & friends go to is supposedly a reference to Joseph Joestar the protaganist of JoJo's Bizarre adventure part 2.

One thing I'll say about Misaka she's probably the smartest anime girl for wearing shorts under her skirt.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:19 am

Random AMVs are best AMVs.

Found this a little earlier in the week

I was addicted to this song for quite some time.. >.>

One of the first high quality AMV's I remember watching

This was a good movie, I suggest watching >.>

From the favorites c:
Not really an AMV, but still good >.>
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 pm

So, excuse the double post. But anyone read the new Naruto?
To me it seems more like Ino is the one that brings everyone together, since it is technically her jutsu allowing the minds to talk to each other. Ofc, Naruto's and the 1st Hokage's memories play their part, but Ino is the one connecting it all, with Naruto's help.
AAAAAHHHHHH, W/E. I think Ino is important here! Nuff Said!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Did read it. Feelings for it? Meh...I miss the Hashidara tease...
Sasuke looked badass though, despite him getting Second-hand Curse Marked. For some reason it makes me nervous.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 am

I haven't read it yet, will do so tomorrow (or tonight maybe). And I just read it. Hmmmm, it was a nice transition chapter. More foreshadowing of the inevitable Naruto vs Sasuke match. I was hoping for an update on Shikamaru's condition...

@Tenshi True, she is pretty much serving as the glue. Even if she does need a little (or a lot of) help to get there from Naruto and co. she is still a valuable member of the team at the moment. Although, I do suspect that even if she weren't there, then they'd probably motivate them through actions or something. Ino's presence does save on time though.

@Tiki Sasuke is pretty much always badass. I'm only shocked that I didn't see him being able to use senjutsu as well. The final fight (Sasuke vs Naruto) is going to be a sight to be seen whenever it comes up.

Not that I'd want to see him in the middle of this fight, but I do wonder when we'll be made aware of Yamato's situation. I completely forgot about the poor guy. I read somewhere that it has been nearly three years since his last appearance....yikes
Also, is anyone else sort of getting the vibe that something similar to what happened at the end of the Pein arc will happen here (Ending with (almost) everyone being alive)? It's a nagging feeling, and it's small, but it is there (for me at least).

@Tenshi That haruhi ending was one of the few endings I didn't skip after finishing an episode. I like that Courage to Tell a Lie AMV, it's catchy~

Here are more amvs c:

Hmm, Girl who leapt through time, I feel like rewatching the movie now

Some sports

some action

and finally <.<something spooky>.>
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:28 am

Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :D
Shameless advertisement! WOO!
I must watch these later tho, I have no time atm T.T

The reason why I mentioned Ino is bcuz, Naruto's goal(sorta) is to get everyone to understand each other, so that they can live in peace. That's the one reason I like the series, that single concept has affected the way I carry myself as a person. Past that, Ino just helped accomplish that, all the people connected can view each other's memories. They can all sympathize with each other now...this can easily lead them to that happy ending they've been striving to achieve.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Totally shameless c:
I saw it pop up on the side while I was watching a few other AMVs, and I couldn't pass it up :p

It's starting to vaguely sound as if you'd like for her to be a Hokage candidate too? That would totally catch me off guard. Although I wouldn't be able to get behind it that decision. True she is helping transmit everyone's feelings and memories, however, that can also backfire in a heartbeat. Right now they have to think positively because of the situation at hand (they can't afford the opportunity to fight amongst themselves because they need all the manpower they can get). The real test will come when the war ends (when everyone doesn't have to worry about being wiped off the face of the earth (or about Madara)). When they aren't in this situation anymore, will everyone still feel the same about their fellow ninja from different villages?

If I remember correctly, the previous Hokage chooses the next right? I remember the Third being picked over Danzo by the Second Hokage, and I'm pretty sure that the Third picked the Fourth. The higher ups in the village are the ones who picked Tsunade (after Jiraiya & Kakashi refused). So, if it is a matter of the previous Hokage hand picking their descendant, then it seems stacked for Naruto to win. Unless they decide to have a Hokage competition or something. With so many people vying for the position now, I wonder how exactly they're going to do that. Completely biased, but I'd love to see Hinata as Hokage. I'd love to see her evolve (more) into a more confident person (while still maintaining her kindness) while in the position (and I'd love for her to be the one to change the Hyuuga customs). Realistically it'd probably end up being between Shikamaru, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura though. That's if, you know, Naruto and Sasuke don't die in their final fight.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I agree with all that...at this point I feel like a creep agreeing with everything you say... T.T
I got delayed again T.T I shall return in a couple more hours but for now, I leave you all with a sorry for not being here AMV

For all the Sakurasou fans <3 Even tho Nanami is best girl c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I don't read Naruto. I don't think the series is bad mind you. I'm just not really all that drawn to it.

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:38 pm

I feel that Sakura or Shikamaru are the only ones who could run the village without running into bankruptcy. Imagine paying for weapons, food and medical supplies for, how many thousand ninja? Oh, and then there's the damages that would need to be dealt with after the war. And the last thing to get through all the bureaucratic red-tape...Paper-fucking-work...
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:58 am

Don't forget that Tsunade is a gambler (and one with horrible luck at that). Shizune helped curb some of that and made sure that Tsunade completed the necessary paperwork. Now I'm starting to wonder who the next Hokage's assistant will be. The assistant could end up making/breaking someone's chances of someone becoming the next Hokage.

@Tenshi Well if it makes you feel any better, we still disagree about who the best girl in Clannad is :p (2 seasons and a movie c: )

Oooh I've been wanting to watch Sakurasou for a while. So much anime/manga, so little time @.@
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:16 am

:o
Everyone knows Kyou no contest c:
Forgot about that...the details! xD

Shikamaru - Hokage
Ino and Choji - Assistant

Now that you brought it up, I find it hard imagining anyone else becoming Hokage and having someone 'forced' into that assistant position.

Edit:
Love this so much, another picture that just takes the breathe outta me
http://i24.mangapanda.com/girls-of-the- ... 479699.jpg
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:17 am

Found a link to this on Youtube; thought it was adorable!

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)