Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 21, 2013 1:02 am

They are alternate timelines.

Postby Havoc » Tue May 21, 2013 1:09 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I guess I'll be the one to point this out. PpGD and GT do not have the same author. Bleedman is the artist. BeeAre is the one who actually writes for PpGD, and someone else (I forget who) writes for GT.

Grids (a.k.a GridsNaranek) was the writer/editor for GT until recently. There's some new guy named David/NeoEdensKing, who's now the editor for GT, but I don't know if he does any of the writing or not.

But anyways, while I'm here, there is something I would like to suggest.

Since Jack's story will revolve around the separation of the two timelines (GT and PPGD), in order to make a future devoid of ruin, I thought it would be a great idea to involve Clockwork. I mean this is kinda Clockwork's whole thing, making sure the future is headed in the right direction.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue May 21, 2013 1:15 am

Havoc751 wrote:But anyways, while I'm here, there is something I would like to suggest.

Since Jack's story will revolve around the separation of the two timelines (GT and PPGD), in order to make a future devoid of ruin, I thought it would be a great idea to involve Clockwork. I mean this is kinda Clockwork's whole thing, making sure the future is headed in the right direction.
A suggestion so heavy that if it's actually taken you might as well be Co. Writer.

That's some heavy stuff.
Blood Lord wrote:They are alternate timelines.
I think we all kind of know this to some extent, I've always just been interested in what the 'original' timeline was and when the timelines do alternate, WHEN does the alternating happen?

Beeare ended up saying something about Jack, but I think that was just to shut me up. If the alternate timelines exist, there had to have been a time where they were both 100% the same, then one of them started becoming different. That point when things started changing is what I'm interested in, you know?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Tue May 21, 2013 2:15 am

Birdofterror wrote:A suggestion so heavy that if it's actually taken you might as well be Co. Writer.

That's some heavy stuff.

Um..thank you, but I think you're exaggerating just a little bit here.
I don't think it's that heavy. Maybe around 30-50 lb.

I also have to wonder if BeeAre has already thought of this.

Birdofterror wrote:Beeare ended up saying something about Jack, but I think that was just to shut me up. If the alternate timelines exist, there had to have been a time where they were both 100% the same, then one of them started becoming different. That point when things started changing is what I'm interested in, you know?

The crucial pivoting point, where one timeline, becomes two. This is an interesting topic, however I don't think this is the right place to discuss this. I think this matter would be more at home in the prediction thread.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:26 am

I'm still stuck on Toy Man being in the PPG comic. I'm always gonna push this. Not as epic as Joker, but that's exactly why he's perfect. Joker's too good. Toy Man's just right. And come on. TOYS! KIDS! Lots to work with.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Who's Toy Man? Also the Joker was already added to the disapproved list, do to the fact that he was "too epic".

I'm going to pray that if I post in this thread, my name won't remain in on the last post notice for another 3 months.   
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Toy man is a villain in dc comics that creates weapons disguised as toys. I've only know him from the superman animated series.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 pm

That sounds like kind of a dick power.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, it was enough to get on TV. Hopefully this might jog your memories.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Birdofterror wrote:That sounds like kind of a dick power.

Still agreeing with this.

Granted, if BR/Bleedman were more into that humor and/or could get away with it, then I could see "weaponized toys" popping up.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Ironically, superman wasn't a comedy series. There are a few versions of this guy that I can think of. One is this japanese boy that helps out superman in the comics occasionally. And a batman TAS version that used toys during Bruce's childhood to rob banks.

I know its a silly idea, but once you kinda think about it, there are quite a few villains like this. The joker is an obvious example as he looks playful but is a psychopathic killer.

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 am

A blonde anthropomorphic rabbit designed to look like Cloud Strife (I've seen versions of this drawn by multiple people online... or at least twice).

Loonatics Unleashed

Squirtnardo, Pikalangelo, Bulbatelo, and Charphael (TMNT as Pokemon; being both, it is also neither)

Bling-Bling Boy (Johnny Test)

Super Moose (JCA)

Mysterion from South Park

I think Johnny 2x4 should be included as a closet hero. His ability is telekinesis shown in the fact that he can make Plank appear anywhere and cause seemingly random havoc.

By the way, I feel I need to ask before my brain melts: when did this whole alternate timeline/time divide plot point first appear in discussion?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Havoc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:22 am

Did you read the list on the first page? Because a few of your suggestions were already listed. Also try to give more of a reason as to why you think these characters should be in this comic.

Mercen-X wrote:random havoc.

I'm not random, you cow uterus popsicle stick snow-globe.

Mercen-X wrote:By the way, I feel I need to ask before my brain melts: when did this whole alternate timeline/time divide plot point first appear in discussion?

Can you be a bit more specific? Did you mean when did everyone started talking about it? That was long before I joined, I can tell you that much.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 am

By the way, I feel I need to ask before my brain melts: when did this whole alternate timeline/time divide plot point first appear in discussion?

It could have been as early as the page that shows Bubbles on Mandy's fridge, or Bell and her dad at the Nasty Burger. But I think those were regarded as nods to the other comic. You didn't really see intense discussion on the matter until this page:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=170

Then everyone thought that the two universes were connected as GT being the future of PpGD, which just isn't the case. We have yet to see in comic the actual division point that creates the two separate universe. BR has told us many things, but the primary plot thing was that it occurs with Jack's back story.

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Havoc wrote:Did you read the list on the first page? Because a few of your suggestions were already listed. Also try to give more of a reason as to why you think these characters should be in this comic.

Actually, I did, as annoying as that was (it would surely help if the list were alphabetized since running a search for a suggestion doesn't highlight the phrase in the search, I had to read through the whole freaking annoyingly long list in the annoyingly long quote of a quote of a quote just to find what might or might not be there)

And no, I don't think my suggestions are on the list (either for YES, NO, or Uncertain) but then again I'm looking at it from an out-of-box perspective.
TMNT was denied. Pokemon was denied. But the two combined was not.
Loonatics Unleashed was not mentioned on the list.
A few characters from Jackie Chan Adventures were mentioned on the list, but that did not guarantee the appearance of Super Moose who is probably the most likely candidate for a comic like PPGD.
Johnny Test was mentioned but I couldn't be sure if it was referring to the show or the kid and I've wanted to see Bling-Bling Boy go up against Dexter ever since the battle versus Mandark.
Butters from South Park was also mentioned, but Mysterion is Kenny McCormick. A cameo of Mysterion battling Professor Chaos would be sweet.
Plank was also mentioned as a suggestion but not with Johnny 2x4.

Lastly, while Final Fantasy characters have been eliminated as possibilities, characters who look like FFs were not especially anthropomorphs. I don't expect the character to act like a Final Fantasy character or to have much role in the story, he could be a stuffed animal for all I care.
If any of my ideas prove to be problematic or simply dumb, the list-maker can feel free to add them to the NO list.

BR has told us many things

So BeeAre is the trigger of this whole Jack-thing, eh?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Pretty much.

Postby dexterblossom<3 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:27 am

Awww, i was just about to suggest Bessie from Mighty Bee till i saw the master list :(
ummm... what about Hey Arnold? Is that anywhere on the list?
Geeky and proud

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 am

Considering GT already has Helga, I would imagine that Hey Arnold and people from the show itself aren't banned from the list.

However, one doesn't simply suggest people, one needs to present their suggestions in a way that benefits the story as a whole. Not just call out names of shows because you like them. 8)

Bird oft Error

Postby dexterblossom<3 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Considering GT already has Helga, I would imagine that Hey Arnold and people from the show itself aren't banned from the list.

However, one doesn't simply suggest people, one needs to present their suggestions in a way that benefits the story as a whole. Not just call out names of shows because you like them. 8)

Oh ok. Im sorry im new here, so i didn't know how the rules work. Um... i guess should suggest someone else since i cant think of anything Arnold or Gerald or anyone can do..
what about Tracy McBean? Does anyone remember that show? It was of a child genious, like Jimmy and Dexter. And maybe Tracy could be close buddies with Jimmy and when the time comes for Jimmy Netron to come in, she could be in it like his assistant or his partner? :)
Geeky and proud

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Haha, it's okay. Everyone has to learn somewhere.

I find it funny that you mentioned Jimmy Neutron, mostly because he's only been hinted at in the story. Should another character be mentioned with him, he has to make his debut appearance as well.

Eh, it could be interesting to debut several characters at once.

Bird oft Error

Postby dexterblossom<3 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Haha, it's okay. Everyone has to learn somewhere.

I find it funny that you mentioned Jimmy Neutron, mostly because he's only been hinted at in the story. Should another character be mentioned with him, he has to make his debut appearance as well.

Eh, it could be interesting to debut several characters at once.

Oh yeah :) i also came up with a funny little idea that when Otto goes back in time, he accidentally meets up with the Time Warp Trio while they're warping with the Book lol
Geeky and proud

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I SECOND THIS IDEA!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I'LL FUCKING FUND IT!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEASE!

K, I got that out of my system.
I wish to see the Time Warp Trio as well.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dexterblossom<3 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I SECOND THIS IDEA!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I'LL FUCKING FUND IT!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEASE!

K, I got that out of my system.
I wish to see the Time Warp Trio as well.

:)
anyone up for the idea too? :D
Geeky and proud

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Uhh, no.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Why? The Time Warp Trio were awesome. If not them, then their granddaughters.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)