Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Brax4 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Order, and I hope that you're doing okay as well.

From what I just read in your post, your uncle seemed like a great person.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Maru » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Here's something to lighten your mood.

Yesterday, I got facebooked by a chick. She looked pretty good and she had a few people from school on her friend list. She dropped her number and I got seriously confused. I didn't really know her, only really heard her name.. SoiI asked around at school, no one had heard of her. But just to chance it, I texted the number. What's the worst that could happen?

Turns out it was a spam bot for Flare.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Exodis » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Sucks to hear Maru! Hope that didn't harm you in any bit!
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Valmer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 pm

That's one thing everyone learns at some point in there life; anything that seems too good to be true is, in fact, a lie.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:14 am

That's unfortunately a pretty corrupting attitude, and it makes people less willing to do nice things for others because they're afraid they'll be judged for it.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:06 am

Lost my phone last week. And because of it I missed that my grandmother had an emergency trip to the hospital. Is stuck there having to get heart surgery and I missed hearing about it because of a stupid mistake. Also, that phone's the second one I've lost this year. Just got back so many contacts and more, and losing them all again is like losing a bunch of friends I won't be able to talk to again for who knows how long if I don't get it back. The worst thing is that I actually know it was found by someone responsible, the bus driver of the bus I lost it on. Sadly, for some god forsaken reason it wasn't at the lost and found building ALL THE WAY 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES AWAY! So it's like losing hope, getting that hope back, and then it being taken away again. Why is a little piece of plastic pulling my heart strings so hard and stressing me out? Seriously, just getting up there and back cost me almost as much as it did buying the phone.

Just feeling stressed...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:10 am

Did you try calling it numerous times? Or leaving texts in your phone to the person who has it?
Hell, even tried tracking it? It's possible, y'know.
I'm saying this because it sounds like you already gave up on your search.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:17 am

I have, and that's why I was able to find out the bus driver picked it up. It's dead now after a week. It's a cheap 30 dollar phone, so it doesn't have any sort of tracking technology to my knowledge inside it. And I haven't, just waiting for them to contact back after I left a report with the help center since I told them I did in-fact get conformation from their staff about being in possession of my property. Because of that, I think they'll want to find it to make sure that someone isn't stealing lost items under their noses or something since they don't know where it went.

Haven't lost hope, just feeling all "guh" inside about having to deal with all of this for a simple little phone.
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:34 am

Ahh I see. Well, I hope it all gets sorted out. It does suck losing your phone. All that date inside, gone.
As for your grandmother, I wish her a great recovery. Don't blame yourself for not knowing of her surgery, shit happens. "Always expect the unexpected."

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Valmer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:28 am

EagleMan wrote:That's unfortunately a pretty corrupting attitude, and it makes people less willing to do nice things for others because they're afraid they'll be judged for it.

True, maybe that was a bit of an extreme statement to make. But at the same time, blame should be placed on the pieces of shit who do things like that just for a few bucks. I've seen entirely too many news stories about people getting tricked. I know there are plenty of good people out there, I can just be a bit jaded at times.

Sefrol: Hope your grandmother has a good recovery. Sucks about the phone too, hope that gets sorted out soon.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:38 pm

It is surprising how much importance a phone holds for people nowadays. Even just a mere generation ago, if you called and someone wasn't home, they weren't home, and that was it. Even if they were home they could easily pretend to not be around. Either way maybe you should start writing phone numbers down, or have a file online you can update. Even if you don't lose your next phone, you might accidentally take a dunk in water and lose everything.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:00 pm

I did have a list of phone numbers from my last phone, but forgot about adding the ones on this phone to it.

Sadly, that list I just spoke of became corrupted for some stupid reason when I tried to open it... Does the universe not like me? Or is it just my friends and family it hates?
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 am

I always write phone numbers on a little notebook designed for holding numbers of phones. When did people stop doing this?

Depending on the easily corruptible, mobile and fragile internal memory of a cellphone to keep important data without having a printed or written backup seems kind of a bad move. I also never keep pictures or videos in there. A phone can always get lost or stolen.

Sucks about your phone, but can't help thinking it's just a phone in the end. Just replace it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:33 am

I really don't have the money at the moment to replace it, since I don't know if there are any on sale, and then an extra 20 dollars for activating it and just payed a bill. It's an excuse to get a new phone, but I'm waiting for them to contact back about getting a hold of the bus driver who picked it up. After maybe my next paycheck I'll go and get a new one... But fuck, it's still very upsetting.

And I was actually joking about that to myself after I lost it how people don't even write phone numbers down anymore, only type them in their phones and that's it. Used to have the habit of writing a lot of stuff down on little sticky notes about numbers, web sites and phone numbers about two years ago, but stopped for some reason. Gotta get back to doing that.
An Optimist

Postby Fummoffu » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:22 am

My family is falling apart and I have no where to go to get some peace.
I might go insane from the anxiety.
My parents are fighting over old issues with my mom either crying or my dad saying some of the worst things I have ever heard.

One night I had to physically hold myself down in my room in order to not barge in the lounge and let my anger out.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I remember that feeling. At least it's happening at your age now instead of when you were young. Still, it's not a very easy thing to deal with. I hope for the best and that you're able to stay strong through it.
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

I want to say right now, I'm just venting some of my thoughts out and I'm not being cynical here. But I want to know if what I'm doing is right.

Today I've decided to close my old deviantArt account for good. There is no point on doing something that I'm not into anymore, but later on, it got me thinking that I might as well just cut ties from my past. I see it more as a negative experience than a positive experience, despite events in my life that have shaped my moral conscious and outward character.

I tinkered with the idea in my head a few minutes ago about starting over. Being 18 years old and out of high school, I found nothing else that I could consider valuable out of it. For starters, I procrastinated, and so do a lot of people, and yet we graduated just like that, but it's not just about school. Aside from sleeping in class, I don't believe that the friends I've had were friends, but tools to succeed in high school to use. Additionally, life after the 90's continued to escalate down hill very quickly. I'm positive that better things will happen tomorrow, but assessing the current state of things now, the world isn't a nice place to me, at least not anymore.

But gone are the days where I used to play outside. Gone are the days where society had opportunities, and gone are the days in which a higher number of men inherited the characteristics of chivalry from their old forefathers. I reflect back and I realize that my life had grown to be more terrible up to the way it is now, with me stuck here in my house and unable to go outside just because I'm not a responsible grown man. The truth is, I just want to have a nice walk around the neighborhood and nothing more, and of course I know I'm not grown up yet, I don't want to go outside unprepared for the so called "real world" of eating, work, eating again and sleep. While it is possible to break the cycle as Art of Manliness blogger Brett Mckay writes, some of us are still blindly believing that we could do whatever we want, and they make it sound so simple when clearly, it's not.

When I grew up, I used to want to be a game developer, artist or writer. Now I just want to be somebody. Anyways, the reason why I'm putting my whole past aside for good is because like I said, my life had grown to be more terrible. Classmates of mine started cussing out in the blue by middle school, video games got worse just to "appeal to a wider audience", irresponsible Generation Y parents are letting their own children play Mature games at an early age, most especially Call of Duty, and now we've got people in the fucking news undoing the rights given to them by the founders of the Red, White and Blue United States of America we all know and love to hate. But that's totally off subject.

What I'm saying is, the world's going to get shittier everyday, and the only way I'm going to do this is to literally put the last 18 years of my past aside and act as if I was just born today. And there's nothing more in life I want to be than to be alone. I surrounded myself with lots of men in life because of how much I am afraid of women, and to embody the selfish aspect of human nature would bring me more benefit than being the kind and thoughtful person teachers and parents want the children they teach to be.

Am I doing the right thing to forget everything that's happen in my life before today? History is history you know and I'm not worried or anything, but life's going to suck later (and my English if I don't starting reading books), and it always will. I just want to do whatever it takes to survive. Or, give me a reason to not forget all of this.

But no matter what happens I'm just going to move on; it's over everyone. I find no pleasure left in my life now and once I start working there will be no pleasure left.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:58 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with re-inventing yourself, and casting aside non beneficial things from your past. Right after highschool is a good time to do that, in fact. Keeps whatever good aspects you think have been developed and move on from the negative ones, especially if you think this is something you have to do.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:13 pm

If your old save file is fucked up, erase it and start a new game.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Don't confuse that with reincarnation...
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

lol
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Mir@k wrote:If your old save file is fucked up, erase it and start a new game.

You need to copy and paste that into my Principle thread, that's a fantastic quote.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Feel free.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Maru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh god I'm freaking out.

Bed bugs. Fucking bed bugs. Literally blood sucking little parasitic pricks and I think they're trying to eat my back right now.

Also I'm trying not to be so apatethic about a chorus I joined but it's not working lately. I might have some incentive in the form of someone drawing my avatar for it though.

Fucking bugs. Ugh I can't right now. Fuck summer fuck my itchy back fuck sleep fuck my cat fuck everything and fuck bed bugs hard.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Tuor » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 am

My sister was visiting from the hospital this weekend. She visited one time before for the weekend. This time she somehow managed to get herself away from my mom while they were here at home and she cut herself. I'm feeling pretty dismayed, to say the least.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens