RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Lie Ren = Hunter, Lie = arrangement, Ren = man. Well, if Ren holds his guns with the slides together (the grips facing outward) the blades and barrel can slightly resemble a crossbow... I don't know. Then again, daggers with guns attached..? Is there anyone in China's history known for using daggers?

Wu Zhao was an empress, actually the only female in China to hold the title of Emperor.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm

That's what I mean. The huntsman could be a prominent figure in a Chinese myth or legend that we do not know about. Or some other part of his character could reference some other Chinese story. It is still to early to say.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:25 am

Mu Guiying was a famous strategist whose father had passed on the secret to defeating the Seventy-Two Moves formation to her before his death.
Shi Jianqiao though only famous for a single assassination is still a renowned historical figure garnering enough of a legacy to base a movie on her story. She assassinated Sun Chuanfang with a Browning pistol.

Wondering again on her Crimson is, some have pointed out her outfit seems oriental. There is a tale of Three Knights: a curly-bearded man, a scarlet lady, and her husband Li Jing, a sophisticated tactician. If we are introduced to a bearded man, then Roman could represent Li Jing in Crimson's life.

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 pm

http://roosterteeth.com/home.php
New episode, so much fun. The ACHIEVeMENt hunter poster had me in stitches. I really want one. Now we see that school uniforms were just one anime trope Monty could not pass up. I predicted Wiess waking up with Ruby being slightly different. It is nice to see that none of them are serious all the time. What else to talk about? The painting Wiess hung on the wall looked like concept art from the Black trailer with a filter over it. Ryan as Prof Poop. And it looks like Ozpin's weapon is some kind of sword wand.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Watch the creature be so freaking adorable.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Weiss's painting is of the "Red Forest" (unofficial name). Blake apparently has a naughty book (she quickly hides her "Ninjas of Love").

Blunder AXE!!!!
Skree

Postby Biostar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:04 pm

The animation in this episode made me cringe. Especially the professor.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 pm

The time and animation budget in not very large so they need to be clever about using it. Basically fight scenes and dramatic scenes get priority and everything else is of lower quality. Once the series rakes it in, they will have a bigger budget and hire more animators. I personally think voice acting and animation will peek around season three.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Watch the creature be so freaking adorable.
Then Wiess says Awwww and it tries to claw her eyes out. I predict Wiess and Blake will have little to no interaction until the story line about there pasts and Wiess family.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 pm

RANDOM CHARACTER in Ruby's class... he's not wearing a uniform.
Skree

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 pm

The way the teacher's arms seem so stiff, reminds me of the sheriff in the movie: young Frankenstein. Is his arms stuck like that from pointing to the board behind that so many years made him stiff?
Not Space Jesus

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 pm

He's utilizing muscular enunciation. To enunciate is to place emphasis on your words by seeming to shout or spit at each syllable. Port does this with his arms. Also known as emphatic or exaggerative gesturing.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Mercen-X wrote:RANDOM CHARACTER in Ruby's class... he's not wearing a uniform.
He is not really a student. He just snuck in.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Or Prof PP doesn't reprimand students for removing their jackets in class. Or he's Prof Port's lovable yet sadly retarded nephew.
Skree

Postby Slendy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:28 am

Mercen-X wrote:Or he's Prof Port's lovable yet sadly retarded nephew.

Please don't make jokes about that. I work with mentally handicapped individuals.

Oddly enough, I'm glad to see Weiss still being very annoyed by Ruby. Eventually I want them to become an unstoppable duo and best friends, but that has to take time for it to feel real. It felt rushed when they settled their differences back in the forest. I'll just chalk that up to a heat of the moment event since survival was more important at the time. They need to go through more before they finally understand and appreciate each other, and I'll be looking forward to that. Unless Monty decides to keep the love/hate relationship between them for the entirety of the series, but I'm hoping he won't do that. I imagine things will settle down for a bit now and then something big will happen just before the season ends, leaving us on a cliffhanger.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby rac7d » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Yay the first dub has been made
http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av760306/
cute

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:27 am

You know, I find that Blake is gonna be that "Mr Spock" type character, prefering logic over emotion. Then again, it might be me watching too much star trek again.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:06 pm

2 hours!

10 minutes!

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:18 pm

ZERO! http://roosterteeth.com/home.php

I was honestly expecting the character development in this episode to take longer and contain more angst. I do have so much respect for professor Port after this episode though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Weiss sucks comparing to the trailer. And once again, the solution in Ruby-Weiss relationship feels too abrupt.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 pm

How does she suck compared to her trailer? The only trailers that even showed forward personality were Blake and Yang.

As for the Ruby/Weiss thing, they patched things up in the forest. They did it again here. Who's to say they aren't just going to argue again in the future? They're 15 and 17, they should be mature enough to not go at each others necks 24/7.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I mean her combat ability. In the trailer, she dodges a lot better.

I just feel the that Weiss changes too quickly.

Port: Try to improve your attitude. And since Ozpin is never wrong, you should give up on the idea of being a leader and focus on being a good team member.
Weiss: Okay. *improves attitude and forgets about being a leader*

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Well, in her trailer she didn't have people telling her what to do. I'm like that, you try to tell me to do something as I'm doing it, it fucks me up. REALLY badly too, say in a FPS, ik the enemy is to the right, if someone tells me 'TO THE RIGHT' as I move up, I'll swing to the left.

Port was mainly saying that she was spoiled. Which she realizes. Port also mentioned, that instead of dwelling on something, improve yourself, be happy with yourself. I personally saw it a bit as, 'well then go fucking earn it.'
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Same here, except I intentionally fuck up.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Grieffon wrote:I mean her combat ability. In the trailer, she dodges a lot better.

I just feel the that Weiss changes too quickly.

Port: Try to improve your attitude. And since Ozpin is never wrong, you should give up on the idea of being a leader and focus on being a good team member.
Weiss: Okay. *improves attitude and forgets about being a leader*

Have you ever seen a chracter trailer for a movie or game and notice how awesome they are. Then when you get to the real thing that chracter doesnt achieve that greatness untill the climax. It be no fun if Weiss and Ruby were as strong as they were in the trailers so early.

There are 16 dude, I thought weiss got over this pretty quick but there not enough time for angst.
I hope that since this was kind f a weiss focus episode that we get Blake focus episode next week. Which should lead then lead into Yang, that girl she was looking for, and then finally the plot.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 am

Actually the reason why, in their trailers Wiess and Ruby showed skills that they have yet to show in the series is because Monty himself said that he had not really decided on their characters yet and that the trailers were more to show you what the weapons could do. That being said, Wiess still has a scar so the fight with the black night definitely happened.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)