New PPGD 9/4/13 - Once More Unto The Breach

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD 9/4/13 - Once More Unto The Breach

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 am

Misery Chord wrote:Except Samantha is wielding a sword that cannot harm the innocent, and presumably Blossom fits that category.

The topic of who this sword could/couldn't hurt, is like Bells head in this page. It's been driven into the ground.
We have yet to see this sword's blade make contact with anyone since Sam picked it up.
All we've got to go on is that one episode of Samurai Jack, where Aku stole Jack's sword. I'm not even sure if that concept is canon in this comic. For all we know, that sword could go straight through Blossom, like a hot knife through butter. If moral discrimination isn't a factor here, then I think that blade could cut down anyone of them (More specifically, Blossom, Buttercup, or Bell), despite their super strength.

Misery Chord wrote:Can I start calling Buttercup "The Green Cyclone?" Not only do I like the use of the move, that final panel is a great homage to the original official art of Zangief's signature move.

I don't know if Buttercup put the spin in it, like Zangief.

strider0075 wrote:Got to agree with firebird there. Isn't there sayings that go along with that idea. Like "a cande always burns the brightest before dying" or "never fight a cornered tiger". I may be off on these sayings, but they basically mean the same thing. Someone on the losing side of a fight is that much more dangerous.

I sorta agree. Although I think Blossom has the advantage here with Samantha losing her cool; it's possible that Samantha could do something completely irrational in her blind rage, that would catch Blossom off guard. But what?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:46 am

Suicide.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:54 am

I'm thinking that's a strong possibility. We talked about the idea of Sam herself reconnecting the circuit to the tower, either voluntarly or involuntarly, killing her in the process. Also one word posts are against the rules, Tenshi.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:03 am

I wanted someone else to repeat it for me <3
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 am

lol You've been spending too much time in Spam, my freind.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 am

A bit, it's bringing out more of me. :D
Much like war brings out the shine in Mandy's eyes.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 am

Havoc wrote:
Misery Chord wrote:Except Samantha is wielding a sword that cannot harm the innocent, and presumably Blossom fits that category.

The topic of who this sword could/couldn't hurt, is like Bells head in this page. It's been driven into the ground.
We have yet to see this sword's blade make contact with anyone since Sam picked it up.

Maybe the sword is deliberately missing.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 am

Mercen-X wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Maybe the sword is deliberately missing.

That would mean that the sword is sentient being and a character all one it's own...It would be really fucking cool if the sword would start speaking to Sam to perhaps get her to change sides.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 pm

idk where that idea came from, bcuz I don't recall an instance ever where the sword could do such a thing.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Other than Aku, how many villains have wielded the sword? As far as I know Elysium and Souledge don't literally speak, but they are still considered sentient weapons in Soulcalibur. But I don't think the blade would talk to Sam. If it could talk, it would likely need a spiritual connection to its wielder like Jack... or perhaps even Buttercup if she could've gotten her hands on it. Then I would expect it to be a kind of telepathic thing.

Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:33 pm

You also said the sword could be deliberately missing.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Maybe she just sucks at using a sword...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 pm

See how much simpler that is?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Not as mind screwy though...
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm

There needs to be something that helps that theory though. I don't recall Jack's sword ever 'behaving' a certain way.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:18 pm

You never answered though how many villains have held the sword other than Aku. Maybe the sword won't let Sam use it correctly against heroes.

Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't see how the number of villain that have touched to sword would affects its 'behavior' towards Sam using it.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm getting that vibe too. But the only other character to use it was the King of the Spartans.

It's an object, a tailsman. There was nothing in the show, from what I can recall or find on the wiki about this, that indicated that the sword was a sentient creation. In fact you get just the opposite.

What was the reaction of the sword on Jack when Aku used it on him?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Apparently, it bounced off of him or something? My question was to eliminate the possibility that other villains besides Aku have been successful in landing a strike with the sword. Maybe it's only due to Aku's immense influence that he did manage to hit Jack. Of course, I've never seen the episode, so I don't even know if Aku hit Jack.

Skree

Postby strider0075 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 am

Misery Chord wrote: Blossom could probably outmaneuver any of Samantha's barehanded assaults, so Blossom doesn't have much to worry about from Sam.

Omitting that part about the sword because i'm not stepping into that bandsaw, however Blossom has a lot to worry about. The further you back an opponent to the wall the more desperate they become, as well as becoming unpredictable. That unpredictability is the biggest problem for Blossom. Blossom's a fast thinker, but she's a strategic fighter. If Sam becomes more unpredictable and wild as the desperation rises, you'll need a more instinctive fighter, because you can't plan for desperation and blind rage. That's why Buttercup was doing so well, as she's more of an instinctive fighter.

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 am

No. I feel that unpredictability is a fallacious excuse. I think a cornered rat's "desperation" maneuvers would be even more predictable. While you would generally have to play chess with someone (or at least have fought them before) to figure out how strategic they are, pretty much every creature shares the same instincts when they backed against a wall. There are really very few options at that point. This only changes if Sam's mechanical body has more unseen twists to its functionality.
Skree

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 am

Mercen-X wrote:Apparently, it bounced off of him or something? My question was to eliminate the possibility that other villains besides Aku have been successful in landing a strike with the sword. Maybe it's only due to Aku's immense influence that he did manage to hit Jack. Of course, I've never seen the episode, so I don't even know if Aku hit Jack.

Same. I have no idea what the episode is. I remember there was one where the two fought each other, no weapons or powers. Aku thought he had Jack's sword but it was a fake.

I have no idea if anyone other villain held the sword. Jack's evil version might have, no idea on that though.

Just wondering because if it did hit Jack, then I would expect its results to be the same here if it hit Buttercup or Blossom.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 am

Found it, it was in episode 30 (Jack and the Zombies). Here's a quote from funtrivia.com

At the end, when Aku is about to stab Jack in the heart, Aku's eyes become expressive as if he is desperate to get rid of Jack. Jack closes his eyes and says, "Forgive me father, I have failed you." Then Aku tries stabbing Jack, but the sword would not go through Jack's skin. Aku is stupified and Jack then breaks free from Aku's grasp and retrieves his sword to defeat Aku.

Here's the youtube clip if you guys want to see it.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm

This episode should be a game.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Yeah, so if it had that effect on Jack, it would have to have the same effect on the frickin' nigh-invulnerable PPG.
Skree

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)