RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Such as?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby KingofInsanity » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Such as?

like, help making a she-no, I got a sheet idea
maybe help with a plot?
(ya, I didn't have much)
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Postby Belwicket » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:54 pm

This is the RP I asked to borrow from someone on the other forum. Credit goes to RedxXxDawn and AntarcticTermite.
-----
This is not a normal RP.
It does not take place in a normal RP world.
It takes place here.
Inside the man-made abyss called the Internet.
And the main character is you.
Not some character you made up. You.

You saw this thread like any other. It was and is just a thread. For now. You read through this, the intro, calculating whether to join, perhaps reading the application skeleton too. Maybe if you're a through sort of person you read the rules, too. You made your decision whether or not to join. Most who see this won't. You are one who did.

You copy-pasted the app, read through my own, checked how long yours should be, and skimmed through the rules impatiently to check what the password is. You saw that this was an avatar/username/profilepic RP, so you wrote the app to fit your own, or maybe even changed yours. You reread it for spelling errors and typed up that strange password.

Then you made the biggest mistake of your life.

You clicked 'Submit'.

The computer seemed to distort fuzzily, but at first you thought it was just your imagination. The glowing screen twisted slightly, seemed to change in ways you couldn't quite put your finger on, like those paradox dice. Suddenly, it shone white, and you tumbled through a widening portal, into a world of whizzing data. The very soul of your computer. All your files, all your apps, even your wallpaper image, swirled around you as you fell through pitch blackness. Soon more started to appear, more data and code. More. You realize as you fall that these are the files of every single internet-capable computer in the world, spinning in a giant hurricane of light in a world of darkness. You wonder why you aren't screaming. Perhaps you are. This is probably the most terrifying experience you'e ever had, because it looks, and feels, and sounds so real. A speck of shining white light blinks to life below you as you fall, brighter than all the rest. You fall one more fateful second thrugh the abyss, then into the portal.

You open your eyes-if you still have them-groggily. You feel different. You look around at this new location, then at yourself.

You are your avatar.

FAQ:

Q: My avatar doesn't work for this.
A: Use your profilepic, or even your signature. Your username can be helpful too. If none of those works, then just insert a pic and we'll pretend it's your avvie. K?

Q: Where does this take place? You didn't explain much...
A: This is a multiverse RP. It will take place in many worlds and places

Q: I don't want to be taken into a strange place in a strange form!
A: Haha, in case you feel creeped out now, no, this won't actually suck you into an RPing world. You will just RP as if it had.

Q: My question isn't on here.
A: Put it on the 00C thread, I'll probably update this with it.

Application—

Username:
Character nickname: This is what your character will be called. Can be your username or an adaptation of it.
Appearance: What they look like. It doesn't have to be an exact copy of your avatar/profilepic.
Personality: Either your own personality, the personality of your character, etc.
Skills: What abilities does their new form give them? What were they able to do before going to cyberspace?
Other: Anything else we should know?

As far as plot goes, our objective is to find the Crucible of Worlds. This is an artifact that was recently created by scientists that was meant to help them access and explore extraplanar worlds. But upon its creation it could not be contained propery, and then there was a terrible reaction.

It disappeared. The scientists thought it had simply vanished, or had gone to another plane of existence. In part they were correct. The Crucible of Worlds could not be contained in the airy space of reality, so it was sent through cyberspace, a hidden world that humankind unknowingly created ever since the internet was invented.

Soon enough, the artifact miraculously found its way to AntarticTermit's account. At that time, he decided to create a new rp, which was exactly like this one, but he had no idea that it really would suck innocent people out of their worlds into cyberspace. And through this process, the Crucible had been shattered. Each of its pieces were scattered among the realms of cyberspace.

Once a person touches a piece of the artifact, they will see within it a vision of reality, a reflection of the world of its origin. But those that were sucked into the rp have a special connection with the object since they were there when it had been shattered. When one of those participants comes into contact with a piece of the artifact, a portal will be opened, a fabric torn between cyber realms. That will lead to the realm where the next artifact piece is. We will be hopping realm to realm in search of the pieces, and once we make the Crucible of Worlds whole again… well you will see what happens then. I don't want to spoil too much of our plot..
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:58 pm

This is not a normal RP.

Yes it is
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Yea...I've seen this a few times before. Gets boring unless people know how to...'satisfy' others.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Isn't this like the last one you tried but with our avatars instead of people we choose?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 pm

I think she just likes the open space idea. She seems attracted to thing with multiple 'areas'. SAO, Code Lyoko, her RP and this. Just my opinion, don't think too much of it.
Rocks

Postby Belwicket » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm

This RP idea isn't mine. The last idea I posted was based off my dream. SAO and CL... let's just say they entertain me.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, I've seen you post that disclaimer. But the two ideas seem remarkably similar.

Take a character of your choice, merge them all into a world. This one though seems like you want us to use our avatars and merge them all into a world.

Am I wrong on something? This seems like the same idea in my observations of this. If it isn't, then please help me understand.
Mercypostle

Postby Zako » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Why are you posting other people's idea in the first place?

Just saying.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Zelosse » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Because they're too unoriginal to think of something themselves.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Teeeechnically, there are no original ideas...

I cant fault Bel for taking someone else's idea. I mean, if I were to ever find an RP somewhere else that makes me go "Oh wow, this idea is great! I need to share this!" then I'll do so.
Granted, this idea lacks the "Ow wow!" factor.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah, given that some half the RPs on here is "fanfiction" it's not THAT odd.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am

You know, I had an idea for a Soul Eater RP, then I saw that Quinny beat me to it. Quite a while ago, too.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm up for a Soul Eater RP, the only problem I see is the pairing. One would either have to take care of 2, two would have to work well enough together. Not to mention the y need to keep the whole interesting.
Rocks

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Eh? I never did a Soul Eater RP.

I was part of 1, maybe 2, never made one though.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Well, yes. I planned on having it where one player controls a Weapon-Meister team. Though if you guys want to try pairing up somehow, I'll try to think of a way to do that. I'd have it take place maybe fifteen or twenty years after the show, whenthe first Weapon Arachne ever created has awoken, and threatens to consume every soul in the world if not stopped. Maka, Blackstar, etc. would be teachers now, and their weapons would be among the Deathscythes. Kid would now lead the DWMA, now known as Lord Death the Second. That just the base idea, I need to work on it more.

@Quinny
My bad.
Last edited by Sigment on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Resident Smartass

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

If you do that, be careful with spoilers and all.    Like the fact that for some reason Death the Kid is now in charge, considering, to my own knowledge that Death can't die of old age and hasn't been killed.    Also, Black Star...can't see him as teacher material, can you?

And who did you mean instead of me, out of curiousity?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm

imo. Death or Maka leading DWMA. Or together they could. If one doesn't, then that one freelances.
BlackStar, has to be a freelancer, a well known one if anything. The manga is something I've been putting off reading, I got to get on that soon.

The 2 players playing a team would work well imo, as for a single player controlling 2. I personally think many would be pushed away from that. It'd be a lot of work.
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm

@Quinny
No one, really. I made a dumb assumption. Searched "soul eater" and thought I saw you suggest one.

As for the story, I'd probably think of as a Coming of Age type situation for Kid. And yes, Blackstar's not teaching material at the time of the show, but he was just a kid, and has matured (a little) since then. I wouldn't haven't called Spirit a teacher, but he did teach for an episode before Stein took over. Though, I suppose if you guys wanna start Pming about this we can work it out to make it better. This is my first try. And I still need to finish the story, actually.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Can we Skype?
Group chats work better through it imo :p
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:10 pm

PM your Skype name then.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Ooh, Soul Eater! I have 2 great chars already made!
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm

You'll have to excuse me if I take your idea of "great" with a hefty amount of salt.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Making characters for the possibility of an idea. From what I've discussed with Sig, there won't be one; if there is, then it'd take some time. So don't go putting too much thought into it.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing