Grim-Tales: War-Machine (06.09.2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grim-Tales: War-Machine (06.09.2013)

Postby Kihmiitehra » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:07 am

Part of me wonders if it's that sexy lavender outfit that Minnie was wearing on the chapter title cover >_<;; It looks like a clothes box, so it's just a wild guess...

You know, if it is, maybe Mandy is encouraging Minnie to wear it when she approaches her brother for sex when she sleeps in his bed with him (as I'm certain it hasn't happened yet, with Mimi being under the bed), so the poor little deeply in denial Junior can freak the fuck out and run away from his sister forever.

I noticed as I've been reading the comics, maybe Mandy is tormented by the fact that her two 10 and 9-year-old children want to have sex with each other, so she could be setting up to break them apart for good.

Just sharing my thoughts. Please don't attack me.
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

If you can't tell by my avi, I'm actually female. :3

Please be gentle, I am thin-skinned >_<

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 am

Pretty sure Junior is the most against the idea.

Anyways, I wonder how Chi's doing. I miss the obsessive spawn of Aku.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Comic Kitten » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:14 am

Kihmiitehra wrote:Part of me wonders if it's that sexy lavender outfit that Minnie was wearing on the chapter title cover >_<;; It looks like a clothes box, so it's just a wild guess...

You know, if it is, maybe Mandy is encouraging Minnie to wear it when she approaches her brother for sex when she sleeps in his bed with him (as I'm certain it hasn't happened yet, with Mimi being under the bed), so the poor little deeply in denial Junior can freak the fuck out and run away from his sister forever.

I noticed as I've been reading the comics, maybe Mandy is tormented by the fact that her two 10 and 9-year-old children want to have sex with each other, so she could be setting up to break them apart for good.

Just sharing my thoughts. Please don't attack me.

I totally forgot about the chapter title cover! Linked here, that outfit is so similar to Mandy's except it has a little Minnie flair to it. I bet you're right.

As for Mandy being tormented, I honestly think she doesn't care... She doesn't seem to have motherly love for her kids in the way most moms would... I think it's more along the lines of "I have spawned you to carry on my evil reign when I die." So whatever her kids do, she just wants them to be like her; I don't think she cares what they do.
Meow.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Kihmiitehra wrote:maybe Mandy is encouraging Minnie to wear it when she approaches her brother for sex when she sleeps in his bed with him (as I'm certain it hasn't happened yet, with Mimi being under the bed)

This is the most fucked up thing I have ever read in all my time on Snafu.

Just no.

Kihmiitehra wrote:Just sharing my thoughts. Please don't attack me.

You are going to have people disagree with your thoughts while on here and your ideas will be challenged. That's how it is whenever ideas are bought out to be discussed. Just remember that the focus of the rebuttals you'll be getting are against your ideas and not you as a person.

Havoc wrote:So it's possible that Mandy and Him (and possibly the other underworld lords), worked together to take down Megaville. If this is true, than this would make Mandy and Him like the USSR and America during/after World War II. Like how they were allies, but when the common enemy was dealt with, they turned on each other in a cold war.

That is what I am currently thinking.

Havoc wrote:But for whatever reason, I sorta hate this idea. Mandy having involvement in the fall of heroes, just seem too- Idk, predictable.

I don't know if she would be a traitor in it or not. It is easy to predict, but I'm wondering if that was the case now especially with what Mandy has stated right now. But Mandy is also very expressionless except when it comes to anger. So her reaction to the flashback could have been her typical reaction to everything.

The one thing I think dismisses the immediate idea that she was the traitor would be that she was probably already married to Grim and living away from the heroes. The traitor was "within their mists". The traitor was a hero already, Mandy was... well, the Punisher for a bit and then Queen bitch of the Underworld.

Now she might of had a problem with one of the heroes and Him could have offered her to come with Him and level Megaville. Plus she has that room full of hero artifacts. How did those fall into her possession?

Who are these "nations and families" that Mandy has destroyed? Were they the nations of Earth and the families of Megaville or different ones within the Underworld.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Made me remember a post I made somewhere else, yesterday.
Tenshi Nova wrote:I think Mandy's pretty sane considering they live in Hell, she's married to Death, and being childhood friends with Billy.

The reason why I don't think Mandy was the traitor is because I recall Grim saying she could've helped. Kind of hard for a traitor to help afterwards. My opinion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby gamefan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm

comic_kitten wrote:I just want to see what the present is already...

Probably we wont see it in the next page. Maybe the next page the story will return with Jr and Mimi.
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:13 pm

They should troll us all and transition elsewhere as Minnie opens the present, not showing us what it is.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm expecting it actually.

Postby Nell-X » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:They should troll us all and transition elsewhere as Minnie opens the present, not showing us what it is.

Probably Demongo reaching Him's Domain or reporting to Chi what he discovered.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Or hopefully Walker. War may include him, I bet he'd love a prisoner of war.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Early April fools page.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote: Plus she has that room full of hero artifacts. How did those fall into her possession?
Her husband is the grim reaper. It is a little morbid but she may have asked her husband to pick some things up for her while he was out.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Seems... unlike Mandy. I would think that she would rather fight and take trophies than accept gifts.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Why not both?
Takes them because she wants them, and other give them before she takes them.

She's destroyed for little reasons. A fun one could be that someone gave her an artifact fearing her power. Then Mandy thought, "He looked at me incorrectly." And that was the end of that.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:58 pm

As a tribute, I could see that. Which would imply more than just Him would be attacking Megaville.

But not really able to see it as a gift from Grim.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Not a gift. I was implying that she would feel so little for them that she would think nothing of the dead owner and just see a useful item within her reach.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Wedding gifts?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kihmiitehra » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:22 pm

comic_kitten wrote:As for Mandy being tormented, I honestly think she doesn't care... She doesn't seem to have motherly love for her kids in the way most moms would... I think it's more along the lines of "I have spawned you to carry on my evil reign when I die." So whatever her kids do, she just wants them to be like her; I don't think she cares what they do.

It could be a thick shell of her personality... I think I just want to see more in Mandy's character than just an uncaring bitch. Give her character more depth I mean.

Blood Lord wrote: Kihmiitehra wrote:Just sharing my thoughts. Please don't attack me.

You are going to have people disagree with your thoughts while on here and your ideas will be challenged. That's how it is whenever ideas are bought out to be discussed. Just remember that the focus of the rebuttals you'll be getting are against your ideas and not you as a person.

I know. I'm just trying to divert people from being cutting and harsh on me, as I have been treated that way in the past. It seemed to work before.

Blood Lord wrote:
Kihmiitehra wrote:maybe Mandy is encouraging Minnie to wear it when she approaches her brother for sex when she sleeps in his bed with him (as I'm certain it hasn't happened yet, with Mimi being under the bed)

This is the most fucked up thing I have ever read in all my time on Snafu.

Just no.

You gotta admit, that's where the comic is going... Remember that scene where Minnie's lying on the floor in the middle of her room and a record is playing some music singing "You're gonna have all of me". That's romantic talk for sex. When Minnie goes to sleep with Junior, I think she's going to try to take him! 8)
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remember not to double post. Just edit the post instead, wait for a responce, or use the quoting feature more.
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

Postby Kihmiitehra » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I don't know... Bleedman implies that Mimi and Chi are screwing around... Why not Junior and Minnie?
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Sorry, I deleted and then edited the post.

Before:
That's not where the comic is going, and I don't have to admit that. You have nothing other than circumstantial evidence and that's only indicating that Minnie has strong feelings of love for her brother WHICH doesn't invlove having sex with each other.

She isn't going to sleep with him.Yes, there are incestual feelings Minnie has for her brother, that's obvious and a total comedy effect. But there is no way in hell you are ever going to see Minnie crawl into Jr's bed and have sex with him. There is no way that is going to be implied either. They are kids for God's sake.

EDITED:
Let's take a look at that song. It's by Matt Hammitt, a Christian singer/song writter, and the song is called "all of me". It was written for his son during his surgery who had a congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic left heart syndrome. At least I believe that is who wrote the song when I googled the lyrics you posted.

NEW POST:
I don't know... Bleedman implies that Mimi and Chi are screwing around... Why not Junior and Minnie?

1: The relationship to each other.
2: Jr not liking it.
3: The feelings are very recent.

What do you have that says they were fooling around? (I mean this in a calm way, not a aggressive or forceful way. Just wondering where you are coming from and how you got there.)

Postby Misery Chord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Why not use Horror's Hand on Him instead? Is he "too strong" for it to work?[/quite]

That Him may either have no fear or is magically immune is one possibility, even if he happened vulnerable to its effect there are other factors.

The sunglasses Him wears may grant protection from such an attack.
    The Hand is one of Mandy's prized possessions that was just targeted, so I don't see her keeping it out in the open.
    Him not only knows about the hand and how it works but it is in his recent memory so he probably has countermeasures in the forefront of his mind.

Horror's Hand worked on Mimi because she was actively seeking it and she was not aware of how it worked. It's a one-trick pony that can be used on those who are caught sleeping, but Him is too savvy for that.

Kihmiitehra wrote:Part of me wonders if it's that sexy lavender outfit that Minnie was wearing on the chapter title cover >_<;; It looks like a clothes box, so it's just a wild guess....

You've got a good ideas. I'm thinking it's the clothes and the sword.

Kihmiitehra wrote:You know, if it is, maybe Mandy is encouraging Minnie to wear it when she approaches her brother for sex when she sleeps in his bed with him (as I'm certain it hasn't happened yet, with Mimi being under the bed), so the poor little deeply in denial Junior can freak the fuck out and run away from his sister forever.

I won't go that far. Mandy would encourage Minnie to wear it not only out the the (wrong) idea of attracting Junior, but also that so Minnie could start falling under her mother's footsteps some more. Minnie has to be more than dutiful in obeying Mandy; she has to become as corrupt as Mandy herself for Minnie to be any use (or to not become a threat as the Reaping/Pumpkinator incident implied), and Mandy knows that Junior is Minnie's weakness.

That being said, Minnie wouldn't go that far in a seduction attempt, and it's been shown they two siblings have separate rooms so they sleep separately.

Kihmiitehra wrote:I noticed as I've been reading the comics, maybe Mandy is tormented by the fact that her two 10 and 9-year-old children want to have sex with each other, so she could be setting up to break them apart for good.

Mandy is not tormented, but other than that I agree. Mandy is setting Minnie up to not just fail to win Junior's romantic love (which is a given), but to drive a wedge between them and to isolate Minnie even further. An isolated Minnie is easier to manipulate, and now that her Reaper son has Nergal powers and growing a backbone, the last thing she needs is for the two of them to unite against her...at least not until both children have been properly trained in the ways of being the future rulers that they'd be.

Postby Kihmiitehra » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:NEW POST:

1: The relationship to each other.
2: Jr not liking it.
3: The feelings are very recent.

What do you have that says they were fooling around? (I mean this in a calm way, not a aggressive or forceful way. Just wondering where you are coming from and how you got there.)

Well... when Chi went out to greet Mimi, she was wearing nothing but an armor-bra-thing and a flap-skirt-thing (sorry I don't know what they're called), very skimpy. She texts Mimi and says she has tons of swimsuits and night gowns she wants her to try on, and at one point says that she thinks Mimi is sexy, and when Mimi comes she tackles her and Chi has a grin that looked kind of lewd to me... and after she tackled her she said she was going to "show her around", translated to "show her her private room" by Demo... If it turns out they aren't doing anything screwy I will be surprised (but relieved :P).

As for Junior and Minnie, it said a long time ago that Minnie was a sinner of Lust, so she probably wants her brother, twisted as it is, unless you can explain that too. And it appears Junior doesn't like Minnie's feelings for him, but he may be in denial.
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Kihmiitehra wrote:armor-bra-thing and a flap-skirt-thing

Its the slave bikini Princess Leia wore in the sixth Star Wars movie.

Do people not watch these movies anymore? This isn't the first time I had to explain a star was shout out to someone.

Now look at all the evidence you have of Chi and Mimi. That is very obvious.

Jr and Minnie only have it being shown as a one sided thing and it isn't constant.

Kihmiitehra wrote:And it appears Junior doesn't like Minnie's feelings for him, but he may be in denial.

Does the comic tell you that or do you hope for that?

This is very important that when approaching theory craft, you let the facts form the theories and not suit the facts to the theories. There is this really awesome quote I have from the First Robert Downy Jr Sherlock movie, when they are investigating Lord Blackwood's empty coffin, but I can't find it.

We are seeing much of the opposite forming, even when Minnie was under the control of the Sin of Lust. Jr was extremely hesitant and wanted nothing to do with it, but then she entered into the Sin of Wraith. The only option he had was to "shock" her out of it, which she was very disgusted by it at the end. this brings a question to if Minnie's feels are genuine or if they were artificially created. Now when I say artificially created, I do not mean that Mimi or Him put those feelings in her, but probably pulled them out from deep within. Inside every person is the desire to reproduce. Our higher functions and social norms suppress these deep animalistic feelings.

Sigmund Freud, renowned for being on of the "Fathers" of psychology, argued that much of the human development follows sexual patterns and physically gratifying experiences. This work would come to be known as the Psychosexual Development. Currently, there are a few more paths to understanding the psychological development of the human being, and I've just brushed the tip of the iceberg.

So are the feelings hers, consciously developed which is shown to happen, or did the experience while under the influence of Mimi and Him cause a disruption in the balance of mental attitudes and cause theses suppressed feelings, which everyone has to a degree, to be more noticeable?

There is no dispute that Minnie is attracted to her brother, but I believe you will never find the two in bed with each other.

EDIT: And I reject that statement that the page was long ago... never-mind, that was from before I joined. I've been here too long. And I don't think it was displaying her as the embodiment of the Sin of Lust, but as a example of the Sin of Lust.

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 am

"Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." This saying actually has a name I think. Something "edge". I wish I could remember.

Also Freud? Were not most of his theories discredited?

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 am

Psychoanalysis: we come to these forums to discuss the motivations of characters within a comic and hopefully shed light onto what will come in future pages. But we mustn't relegate ourselves to theory strictly from a "logical" point of view. Honestly, I don't think Bleedman wants to assume or imply anything regarding psychosis. Behaviors within the Underworld can be explained very simply. Him's realm is basically hell and it is in fact 90% lust. If you look at each individual sin, you'll find a hint of lust for this or that at its core (or to be blunt, the corporeal and the material). The only sins I can think of which don't are Sloth and Pride (and pride is questionable). So obviously Mimi would behave sexually erratic. Aku and Chi are shapeshifter and as such are not relegated to a single gender nor an attraction to such a gender. It could be said that Chi is merely experimenting, but given that she could just as easily assume the form of a male (a horny teenager no less), she could have genuine feelings toward seductress Mimi.
As for Junior and Minnie, the stark divide again falls to their parents. Junior takes more after Grim (due to being "dead") who is more conventional while Minnie takes after Mandy (and Nergal Jr) whose chaotic whimsy makes her unpredictable at best. Minnie's air of prim is merely training.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)