War machine

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: War machine

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Randori wrote:spoiler

Honestly, man, you couldn't block that out?
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:01 pm

@Zen
We've talked about sides before, I think the sides we discussed were. Ghost Zone/Grim vs Him/Aku, Undead vs Demons :D

@Cyber
I think Mandy's pretty sane considering they live in Hell, she's married to Death, and being child friends with Billy

@Shadow
What are your other thoughts?

@Everyone else
Transformers! Get something non Japanese up in there references.

@Ari
I mentioned the idea of having large scale war, while showcasing some battles, here and there. Personally, I agree with Blood, I'm starting to think the reason Bleed is so interested in GT, is because he wants to show off the war.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Randori wrote:
MissTikilicious wrote:Is it possible to combine Quincy and Hollow powers? Cause that's what I'm seeing here.

Well it did happen with a Ichigo, since he gained Hollow powers after regaining his soul reaper powers, not to mention the fact that he was born half-soul reaper (from Dad) and half-quincy (from Mom).

Wait-What? His Mom was a Quincy? When the hell did this happen? I only got up the Fullbringer Arc then stopped reading when Kugo showed up. Don't know why but something about that guy just pissed me off. I liked Aizen more than that guy and that says something.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Please keep all anime based topics and possible spoilers in any of our anime/manga threads. Such as...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55054
Shameless Advertisement.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:@Everyone else
Transformers! Get something non Japanese up in there references.

Wasn't Hasbro a Japanese company?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 pm

SHHHHHHHHH, Most people don't know that!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Wasn't Hasbro a Japanese company?

Oh~ Sigment! You're SO funny~! I'm sure he's kidding...heheh...heheh...

*mind starts shattering*

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 pm

No. No. It can't be. Transformers is ours. No! Noooooo! *gasp* Whaaaaaaaaa!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby DarkKing » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 pm

I want to see this Mech vs. the Golem :D. This war could end up being REALLY long though.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I just realized that the giant robot's sole purpose could be to fight that golem.
Thanks for the mention DarkK.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 pm

DarkKing wrote:I want to see this Mech vs. the Golem :D. This war could end up being REALLY long though.

Oh no no no no no no... I just realized: It's PPGD ALL OVER AGAIN D: Fight scenes halting the plot, 24 hours of events going on for YEARS... D:

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Yep, either a really long and big battle, or...filled with a bunch of little battles being highlighted. Battles take a while to make. Imagine the war.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Yep, either a really long and big battle, or...filled with a bunch of little battles being highlighted. Battles take a while to make. Imagine the war.

Well, I'm officially resigning from the Bleedman Fan Club. Sugar Bits ended and now both PPGD and GT are going to have going on the one thing I hate the most in media - endless battle scenes which do nothing to forward the plot on their own. Guess I'll have to come back in FIVE YEARS to see if they've finished yet.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 pm

lol, calm now.
PPGD is nearing the explosion
GT is just mentions of war. They could just mention the battles that are happening, while poking in now and then. Think of it like chess. The pawns and knights move first, the other pieces sit and wait for their strategic entrance. The story isn't about the soldiers.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The story isn't about the soldiers.

*sigh* It's never about the soldiers...

Oh, sorry. Right. :P

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm

I could be set up like a chess game. Get a big command center with a interactive map of the underworld, showing sites of importance/value. Go to one and spend roughly 3-7 pages detailing what is going on in that area. That would keep a more steady flow of plots and events.

For example when Jr and Negral Jr get down blowning kicking ass like usual, and camp/fly to their next objective, we could go over to say the Ghost Zone and see what Chi did to get her shape-shifting ass thrown in jail for. And after explaining go back to Jr and Negral Jr eating breakfast while Chi starts drawing Mimi on the cell wall.

It is just an idea that Teshi Nova gave me with his chess comment.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Hmmm... Perhaps. But then, who'd be watching the chess board? The raven guy? The time guy?

As long as it is closer to the length of Halloweentown's battle than the PPGD Bomb, it's fine imo.

--

I understand why Bleedman wants his characters to "level up" but still...

Postby DarkKing » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I just realized that the giant robot's sole purpose could be to fight that golem.
Thanks for the mention DarkK.

Now that I think about it, it could be for HIM in case he takes that giant demon form again.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 am

Cool robot

Postby Angel71090 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 am

Huh...didn't expect the present to be from Mandy. Well I even though Mandy can be a cold heartless bitch at times, even she cares about her family to some extent. Also, while i know that this war is probably going to lead to mass death and destruction as well as the deaths of at least one or two characters, I'm actually looking forward to it. Now so far we know of Five major Underworld Zones as stated in the comic. The Nightosphere controlled by the Deathless Lord Hunson Abadeer, The Ghost Zone, which seems to have fallen under Walker's control, The Land of Tainted Souls which is Him's territory, the City of Aku, lead by Aku him/herself (I'm no longer sure WHAT Aku is so I'm just going to leave it undecided.)) And of course the Castle of Grim.

Now from what I've seen so far, I think this might be how these powers will play out when the war begins, because lets face it, it's only a matter of time at this point. Right now Him is no doubt trying to sweet talk Aku into siding with him. Considering what we just saw Mandy working on, he's probably hoping to get Aku on his side to try and counter Mandy's tech if Aku City is anything to judge by. That being said, I don't know if Aku will side with Him. If the way Aku is acting in the comic is any indication, he/she has become far more mellow since the times fighting Jack, to the point that he/she might want to stay out of this, at least for the moment.

The Ghost Zone will probably stay neutral in this IF Walker is still in charge. I say IF because, as we know, Dan Phantom is now free once more and there's a chance he might take over. If THAT happens then there's a good chance that Dan will side with Mandy, probably because he doesn't want anyone to kill her until she can bare his child.

Hunson Abadeer will probably stay out of this, as he's always struck me as the kind that doesn't get into needless conflict. He may be evil to the core, but he also seems like a rather mellow guy, and a decent person...you know...for a deathless soul eater. That being said, if he does get involved, I'm going to say he joins with Him. They seem to be friends.

Besides These places, we also have several other major factors to consider. Like the fact there might be other sides to this conflict. We know that Malebolgia and the other Spawn demons exist so they could be involved. Then of course we have the very real possibility of Trigon the Terrible being involved. Considering that Him was the main reason for Raven's apparent death, Trigon would like nothing more than to tear Him apart. Not that he cared about his daughter of course, but because killing her pretty much screwed over Trigon really, REALLY badly.

Sufficed to say, I'm going to enjoy seeing where this goes. I think I'll end this with one of my favorite quotes about war.

"My friends it has been said I like war. My friends...I like war. No. Friends.... I LOVE WAR!" :twisted:
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 am

No. Hasbro, short for Hassenfeld Brothers, is an american company that happens to have a Japanese sister company called Takara who they sometimes share rights, designs and ideas with. More specifically the Transformers were Takara's response to the GI Joe action figure line, however the Transformers cartoon and related comic books only began once the toys had been brought over to america by Hasbro who originally came up with the names and personalities so it is generally considered to be an american creation.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 am

+1 'Murica.

I wonder if we'll see any of the old Fenton tech.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:02 am

ari-6 wrote:

No. Hasbro, short for Hassenfeld Brothers, is an american company that happens to have a Japanese sister company called Takara who they sometimes share rights, designs and ideas with. More specifically the Transformers were Takara's response to the GI Joe action figure line, however the Transformers cartoon and related comic books only began once the toys had been brought over to america by Hasbro who originally came up with the names and personalities so it is generally considered to be an american creation.

To expand on this (deep breath)...

It started with Hasbro making GI Joe, which was then released by Takara as "Combat Joe." Combat Joe lead into a line of tokusatsu-style transforming heroes call Cyborg Joe. Cyborg Joe then lead into Microman, which then lead into MicroChange, a series of toys which were small objects that turned into heroic robots. Among these were a boombox with several cassette robots, a camera that turned into three robots, and a gun robot. Hmm. From the Microman line also came the DiaClone line, which featured human-operated transforming giant robots. The leader of these was a guy piloting "Battle Convoy", a semi truck. Sounding familiar yet?

Hasbro took MicroChange and DiaClone, and rather than straight port them to the US they merged the lines and made an entirely new franchise. It became so absurdly popular that Takara ditched the whole MicroChange/DiaClone thing and followed suit. The rest is history.

Sorry for going way off topic but the history of Transformers is a wily beast.

Postby duddly » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 am

First I would like to say your comics are fantastic :rock: Now with all the times that mandy has whopped on different creatures from the underworld you would have thought that him would have learned his lesson to not mess with girls ( since he was always getting beat by bubbles, blossom and buttercup ).

Postby Angel71090 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:01 am

duddly wrote:First I would like to say your comics are fantastic :rock: Now with all the times that mandy has whopped on different creatures from the underworld you would have thought that him would have learned his lesson to not mess with girls ( since he was always getting beat by bubbles, blossom and buttercup ).

Considering Him apparently got the last laugh on the girls, that's probably not as good of an example as you might think. That being said, Him is one of those entities that just won't be satisfied until he sits on the throne of creation having us proclaim him King Shit of Dick Mountain. ((A cookie for anyone who get's that reference)) So basicly, until he has it all, it's not enough for Him.
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!