Once More Unto The Breach

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Once More Unto The Breach

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Havoc wrote:I'm imagining her sounding like Princess Morebucks with a Hollow mask on, for some reason. Except even more distorted.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that image in my head... o.O
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Havoc's just referring to the vocal distortion that seems to happen when someone puts on a Hollow mask. How could you describe it in words? Like someone speaking while gargling water, perhaps?

The text style reminds me more of Venom, but that's just me. Sam doesn't have the inverted colours, so maybe she's not as far gone as she can be. Maybe there is still hope for her, despite her recent nihilistic words. Or is it nihilistic when you know times are going to be changed very soon? Depends on what the bomb actually does, in my opinion.

I'm glad about this page, because it shows some of the heroes pushing back successfully, even if only temporarily, whereas the pages before showed them losing ground until the bomb detonated, and it had a very pessimistic feel to it. This page makes me want to cheer for Blossom and Buttercup.
A Page Flipper

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:08 pm

I understand what Havoc is talking about it's just imagining Princess' Voice with a Hollow mask just led to the image of Princess as either a Visard or Arrancar...yeah...

Also, Blossom looks like a ninja in one pannel!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 pm

I think of Microsoft Sam or something like that (Gary from RvB for those that know) when I see Sam speak.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:I understand what Havoc is talking about it's just imagining Princess' Voice with a Hollow mask just led to the image of Princess as either a Visard or Arrancar...yeah...

The idea of Princess Morebucks as a Visard or Arrancar is a little weird, but pretty fucking awesome imho. I'm sure what kind of voice Sam would have other that that. I've never watched Metabots, so I'm not familiar with the voice she had in the show.

MissTikilicious wrote:Also, Blossom looks like a ninja in one pannel!

It's because she's dodging a samurai katana, isn't it? Y'know it just accrued to me; I think this is the first time we've seen Sam actually swing that katana at someone, as suppose to just using it to cut wires or deflect projectiles.

Blood Lord wrote:I think of Microsoft Sam or something like that (Gary from RvB for those that know) when I see Sam speak.

I noticed that there's a lot of "....." in Sam's dialog. Like she's taking long pauses mid-sentences. I wonder what it could mean? Maybe she's starting to lose her grip or something.

ari-6 wrote:I am sorry but I really hope Sam does not get a backstory. I have nothing against her, I have accepted her presence without much question but I think if they were to try explaining it, things would get very silly. If you would like to know more about Sam then watch Medabots.

Sorry buddy, BR as already confirmed this. So It's pretty much set in stone. There's always the possibility that BR has rewritten parts of her back story, in order to filter out some of the "silly". I myself would love to know her back story. Her reasons for being her interests me to no end.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Wasn't Sam a good guy in Medbots?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 pm

I don't know. Like I said, I never watched the show. Hm, I'll just check the Wikia real quick.

EDIT: Well I didn't find anything that specified rather she was a good guy or not. It doesn't sound like she was a villain, but at the same time, it doesn't sound like she was a very good person either.

Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look for themselves:

http://medabots.wikia.com/wiki/Samantha
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:26 am

Sam was the school yard bully and rival of the main character. She definitely was not a villein by any stretch and just really enjoyed winning games. She was not an exactly a deep character, she was really just there to be a default rival. I always felt she was in the story, just because she was Bleed's favourite character from an anime he liked and not for any particularly well thought out reason. Trying to write a reason for why she is so out of character, I can not see this going well at all. Could they not just let her die and then we never have to know. I feel that any backstory would likely involve copious amounts of melodrama. I am sorry for being so outspoken on the subject but that is just how I think.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:34 am

She's not the first character in Bleeds comics, to have her character rewritten, or "out of character" as you put it. I mean, look at Him's character and Dexter's character, compared to the original cartoon. Just because she wasn't deep in Metabots, doesn't mean BR can't give her a more meaningful role and back story, or even give her a new back story all together.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:37 am

Hmm..to my memory Dexter and Him are reasonably in bounds.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:41 am

I'd say she wanted to BECOME a Medabot or something, and that led her to seek such a high level of technology.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Hmm..to my memory Dexter and Him are reasonably in bounds.

They really are. Mandark's sister is the one that's really OOC.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:50 am

Havoc wrote: or even give her a new back story all together.
Ok that I would be fine with. anything but the "want to become a medabot" backstory

Also what was Olga like in the series?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 am

True but they were still altered a fair amount in order to fit a new role. Him's a lot more hardcore and no longer an um... well you know, he had sex with a girl.
And Dexter is no longer a pasty, awkward shut-in. He more of a people-person now (also quite the ladies man too). Also Olga sure has shit had a lot more personality added to her. My point is a lot of characters were given more dept, in order to make them more interesting. Sam could also have the same thing done to her as well.

ari-6 wrote:Ok that I would be fine with. anything but the "want to become a medabot" backstory

I'm hoping it'll involve her friends from the show somehow too.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am

Him's preference was never specified, and if I remember there was an episode of PPGD, where Him(in the future) was wrecking shit.
and Dexter is off to puberty

I said reasonable, and it doesn't seem they've gone with any back story changes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 am

ari-6 wrote:Also what was Olga like in the series?

Waaaay more direct and outspoken than her brother. She's far too quiet and reserved in PPGD. And MORE personality? Oh, please... LOL

--

Dexter wasn't a ladies man at all in the beginning of PPGD. Blossom's the only reason he got more friendly with people.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:04 am

Dexter was a ladies man in his show too.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Dexter was a ladies man in his show too.

That... That episode doesn't count, alright? WE MUST NEVER SPEAK OF IT.

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 am

Which one?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 am

The one that Tenshi had for his Avi for a while, I think.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:52 am

Havoc wrote:

True but they were still altered a fair amount in order to fit a new role. Him's a lot more hardcore and no longer an um... well you know, he had sex with a girl.
And Dexter is no longer a pasty, awkward shut-in. He more of a people-person now (also quite the ladies man too). Also Olga sure has shit had a lot more personality added to her. My point is a lot of characters were given more dept, in order to make them more interesting. Sam could also have the same thing done to her as well.

I think Blossom already was in her teens by then, assuming Mimi is about 10 years old when she was forced to kill blossom. I image Blossom (and Mandy in appearance) to be around 35 years old. HIM however is a lot less gay then before, I also can't imagine him talking with that feminine voice in the comic. And Olga was a one episode character so it doesn't matter that much what you do with her.

As for Samantha. I only watched a few Medabots episodes (didn't really liked it, I was more a Pokémon boy) and I only remember Sam to be some rival character. But the backstory that will be told of her will probably be between after the show and before the comic. Explaining what happened in her past to become so evil and how came in contact with Vexus.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby bubblescute » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:20 am

Go team Powerpuff! ;)

Postby TheDboys » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 am

I've never heard of medabots before, was it a good show?

Also I think that bleedman working on 4 different comics at once causes too long of a delay between updates since he has to spread his talent and time working on each one too thin.
But bleedman can do whatever he chooses and in the end im just a reader with an opinion.

On the subject of the comic im glad we're almost caught up with the present because I really want to see what happens after the bomb goes off and what happens to everyone.
My common sense is tingling

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Krest wrote:

Was it the one where Dexter learns how to "speak" French?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:
Krest wrote:

Was it the one where Dexter learns how to "speak" French?

No, I was referring to the cooties/science-fair episode...

DANGIT

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Just out of curiosity.... How does this affect the Jettsons..
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!