Try poking it... (Pg.15)

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Try poking it... (Pg.15)

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Ah, I see now...

No wonder y'all were saying SK o.o Thanks.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:38 pm

PeachyKeane wrote:@Blood Lord

If you don't mind me asking, how does Skull Boy's humor seem worse than Grim Tales humor as far as religiousness goes? After all, it's made fun of/depicted worse things in that comic than this.

Not trying to start anything, just surprised at your statement and a bit curious.

I understand.

But I need some examples here if you want my full comment on the topic. Are we talking about the 9/11, pantieh shots, the incestual relationship of Jr and Minnie, Mimi and Chi's relationship?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Maybe because GT takes place entirely within the underworld?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't know.

It interests me though. So If I have to shut this thread down, I'll defiantly PM Peachy about it.

So what do you guys think would help SK, since it seems most of us have a issue here or there? Like "constructive feedback".
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm

As long as they don't go actively insulting anyone's beliefs, I'm fine.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Have a plot that doesn't involve the random shit they seemingly took a few minutes to think of, while high off some of that good shit.
It's fine to have all the randomness, but they need to have a single thing that could be taken seriously.

The entirety of it seems like he had a couple ideas for characters and threw shit at them.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Honestly, SK seems to insult religious beliefs less, imo. Outside of character development, there really isn't much about the realms. On the other hand, Hell is given a complete cartoony feel to it in GT and it even explicitly stated policies Heaven would have - that may have offended some people. Like incest, for example, since that's one of those debatable things in religion.

Atleast neither of them does it as much as Satan's Excrement (which I enjoyed, btw).

--

The problem with SK, imo, is that it's too rushed. In the beginning, the story actually flowed quite well - despite the randomness. Now everything is just thrown in. Whenever we get explanations, they're always cryptic. It would be fine if this happened only half the time - but we literally never get any REAL answers.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

My assessment is similar to Tenshi's, but also agree with Sig.

The comic feels extremely random, but that it is also trying too hard at being funny. I think there needs to be something serious in it to at least contrast the "humor" found within it. All you are getting is one thing right after another. That becomes uninteresting, and bland. It's like if we ate pizza for a straight week. You are going to get tired of pizza and start to hate it by the time the week is over because that is all that you are getting. But if you had other foods thrown in there as well then you either don't become sick of pizza or it takes a lot longer for you to hate it.

It's like PpGD, or GT, or even the later seasons of RvB. I think the reason some of that is funny is because 1, it is, and 2 you have other things to balance it out.

Krest wrote:stated policies Heaven would have - that may have offended some people. Like incest, for example, since that's one of those debatable things in religion.

No man, that isn't debated at all.

Krest wrote:On the other hand, Hell is given a complete cartoony feel to it in GT

not really a issue either, because I think you are talking about the page with Billy. It is a comic based of a cartoon that had the Underworld in it already. The Underworld is referred to as Hell. We see that it is a serious place.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Blood Lord wrote: It's like if we ate pizza for a straight week. You are going to get tired of pizza and start to hate it by the time the week is over because that is all that you are getting.
I must be the exception to the rule. I am honestly not sure what could be done better. Better setting, better characters, better plot. Or maybe skull boy just is not my sort of comic and it would take much more than just art by Bleedman and references to Evangelion to make me like it. I mean I took one look at Satan's excrement and was honestly repulsed. I all I had to do was read the name and look at the art and I thought "Hear is a comic beyond saving". I do not know what it was even about but at the same time people actually enjoyed it. People enjoyed it right? I assume they did. Citation needed?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Krest wrote:stated policies Heaven would have - that may have offended some people. Like incest, for example, since that's one of those debatable things in religion.

No man, that isn't debated at all.

Krest wrote:On the other hand, Hell is given a complete cartoony feel to it in GT

not really a issue either, because I think you are talking about the page with Billy. It is a comic based of a cartoon that had the Underworld in it already. The Underworld is referred to as Hell. We see that it is a serious place.

1) If all you do is listen to preachers/pastors/etc, then you're right - it isn't. If you actually research the religion and read the holy books, then yes - it is. Incest is allowed all the time in the Bible - most versions.

2) That's not what I meant. It would make sense if GT had it where Hell was actually ruled by Lucifer/Satan. It isn't. It's ruled by multiple half-baked, minor supervillians. Well, except for Aku - but he's still just a supervillian. We also see most of these rulers making green mistakes all the time. It's an insult to the supposedly powerful and well-governed Hell described in religion.

--

I enjoyed it greatly. I was also disgusted at first, but after a while you find out it's quite the philosophical piece. I also like SK more than most of Bleedman's work.
Last edited by Krest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm

I am actually catholic, not that it matters here, but in my opinion, Christians do not get worked up when it is hell being portrayed. I personally find it very interesting how there are different zones and hierarchy. I feel like if they just said Satan is in charge of everything that would be boring and uninspired. Supernatural, now there is a series with an interesting take on religious themes.

I was however disgusted by the 9/11 page, but then, were not most people?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:19 pm

My reply has been moved to the GT thread to keep this on SK.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Krest wrote:philosophical piece

This is actually what I love most about the many Snafu works that aren't really appreciated by the community. The League, S's E, and now Skull Boy... They all focus on trying to make a statement, challenge perceptions, explore the imagination...

Other works that are more successful just focus - for the most part - on shiny fighting scenes. The best thing to do to get a greater fanbase is to include all those irrelevant, eye-candy fights, which SK666's working on now. I just hope SK doesn't end up losing its philosophical half like the other popular works on the site.

So what if you don't have mountains of screaming fans? As long as you stay true to why you made the work in the first place, it'll be fine imo.
Last edited by Krest on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 pm

You are quoting the wrong person.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 pm

I was interested in SK. My opinion of it dropped a bit when Bleed joined. Then it basically left after the antichrist was delivered.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Have you not been paying attention to the extremely well thought out plot. The antichrist has not been delivered yet.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59 pm

I can't help but feel that once the shit hits the fan, the seriousness of all this will start going up.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:00 am

@ari
I tip my hat.

@Sig
Yep, as said before, I'm waiting for that hook.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 am

Blood Lord wrote:You are quoting the wrong person.

Fixed. Thank you.

Tenshi Nova wrote:My opinion of it dropped a bit when Bleed joined.

Totally agree there.

IMO Nothing relating to the Antichrist can disturb me or make me hate, not after watching Constantine.

--

@Ari

Was that sarcasm?

I actually do think it was well-though out, though rushed.

Postby Sigment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 am

I almost want to give PK a slice to see what happens.

@Krest
Your posts are sounding better. Just remember to see if anything in there could be seen as rude or offensive. Not sure you needed to add the "rushed" comment at the end.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:20 am

Looking good Krest.
Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!