Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:08 pm

http://www.avasdemon.com/pages.php?page=0001

Anyways,
I can't watch anime because of time, but I read when I can.
I'm reading Attack on Titan, I like it, but it doesn't have that hook on me.
Suggestion to something that can follow Attack on Titan?

I can get interested in anything, it's honestly not very hard, but I'm more into comedies.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:http://www.avasdemon.com/pages.php?page=0001

OMG THAT'S IT!!! That, right there, is a work without the line! You're awesome, Tenshi! ^^

Hmmm, I'm not sure about comedy manga. I generally watch abridged series for that or go on Fakku - most of the pieces are funny in some way. And if not, the comments are.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Isn't Fakku a H. doushinji site?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah, but it's more than that. It's a literal community with its own culture. Quite interesting...

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am

I am glad to see conversation is moving. I refuse to ignore the line between comic art and fine art exists. Sure sometimes it can be blurred beyond all recognition and works that are capable of that are usually my favourite.
Tenshi Nova wrote:See but I'm talking about from a populous point of view. Most people wouldn't notice well thought out detail and just look over the pic.
That is exactly what I am talking about. The general public just would not appreciate the skill that goes into manga. We see it because that is what we do but to them. Animation means cartoons and cartoons are for children. Comic books are not a legitimate form of art or storytelling. And everyone can stare at a painting on a wall for a minute and feel so sophisticated.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 am

It's ridiculous, right?

Ever read The Darkness: Origins comics? The level of detail in that...

--

Otoyomegatari, which was suggested before, is a nice casual read. Though I kind of like The Adventures of Mr. Smith more than A Tribal Soap Opera - these are basically two different stories told in Otoyomegatari, randomly.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 am

It is very ridiculous. As if animation is incapable of telling a serious story. when people think of animation, they either think kids show or the Simpsons. Animation can be just as serious as any adult broadcasting. And a well written expertly drawn manga could outdo a painting in my mind.

Also the level of detail in Hideout is just scary.
http://mangafox.me/manga/hideout/v01/c007/1.html But I just do not think it has the same appeal as Death Note.

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Hmmm, yeah... That's detailed. The Darkness is still moreso, though. Pics:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... _4_p15.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/sca ... ngelus.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/sca ... ssarmy.png
http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content ... llsize.jpg

^ I only did this because it gets different artists all the time, yet they are all amazing.

Yours definitely looks more detailed at the get-go, but that's just because it isn't colored. When you add color, you lose some detail.

--

This is from Minami-ke, Episode 10:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/ ... a837dd.jpg

I mean, really...

I'd suggest watching it rather than reading it. The manga isn't very funny.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 pm

I just started watching the anime of Bakuman English dub. It is bugging me that they are calling it shounen "jack". Oh well, licensing I guess.

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Bakuman...so amaze-ung...

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 am

Krest wrote:Otoyomegatari, which was suggested before, is a nice casual read. Though I kind of like The Adventures of Mr. Smith more than A Tribal Soap Opera - these are basically two different stories told in Otoyomegatari, randomly.

Casual sounds like the perfect speed for me at the moment.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I need to take a week sometime and just read 24/7

I know what you mean, there are so many things out there that I want to read, but just not enough time (at least not enough to marathon like I would like to) :c
Same thing with anime. If only the weekend had a few more days....

Bakuman is that series about the mangakas right?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 am

Krest wrote:Bakuman...so amaze-ung...

Oh, jeez. I just made a total noob error. I thought you were talking about Bakugan not Bakuman :'(

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 am

Yea thats the one. Something else about the anime that annoys me is Dan Green plays like, 7 people! Maybe the royalties from Yugioh finally ran out. However I honestly loved the manga.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:24 am

@Krest It happens to the best of us, so don't worry about it c:

After all there is only one letter difference. Speaking of Bakugan, I think that I only watched a few episodes of it. I think it had something to do with reminding me too much of other anime ( Yu-Gi-Oh (which I enjoyed a lot, but then stopped watching about halfway through (I think)), BeyBlade, etc).

Are you referring to the Yu-Gi-Oh, Bakuman, or Bakugan manga ari?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:28 am

Bakuman. Dan green plays seemingly every secondary male character. I like him but not when he is voicing everyone. He is however voicing the editor and chief, the one character I actually imagined being voiced by him.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 am

I'm just curious, but how long is the Bakuman manga? Is it still going?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 am

Cerulean wrote:Speaking of Bakugan, I think that I only watched a few episodes of it.

That's not any good. I'd link an image, but I can't find it. It's basically a demotivational that says, "Remember when this show was about kids playing with their toys? Yeah, me neither."

Seriously. They go from throwing balls around, to fighting natural disasters, and they even do interdimensional travel. It's kind of like a mixture between Chaotic, Beyblade, and Captain Planet.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:09 am

Bakuman is 175 chapters long. Not long compared to a lot of things but I still consider it very long. It did manage to keep me interested all the way through though.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 am

@Krest You know that vaguely sounds like Dragon Drive (I think that was the name of it), ironically I didn't finish that one either. I guess that it (Bakugan) just wasn't my cup of tea. Not saying that it was a forgettable show(since I didn't sit down and watch the whole show), but I don't remember watching the few episodes that I saw a few years ago.

Do you like or dislike the show? It is a bit difficult to decipher from the wording of your post.

@ari Is that so? I was planning on checking out the series, but I keep getting distracted by other things. My list just gets bigger and bigger c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 am

Oh, I loved it!

In fact, the few anime based off of toys/cards I don't like include Beyblade and some seasons of certain shows. In fact, I used to own some beyblades. It's actually much cooler IRL than in the shows. There even used to be hardcore cage matches... But those days are long gone.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 am

I have/had a few beyblades myself (along with the spin stadium) c:

I've found that I tend to drift from shows that seem to solely exist for toy/card promotion (I enjoyed some of them, but I just drift from them after a while). The only exception to that being Digimon (I loved Digimon). With Pokemon, Beyblade, Bakugan, and Yu-Gi-Oh I either watched a few seasons or stopped mid season.

I had a blast playing with the actual beyblades, and with customization as well. I went to one cage match to participate but totally chickened out once I got there hahaha...The atmosphere was just so suffocating :c

There was another anime that I heard about that supposedly promoted tennis shoes. It had something to do with robots playing basketball.....

Speaking of basketball, are there any basketball/sport anime/manga out there that anyone can suggest? I've read/seen Kuroko no Basuke, Prince of Tennis and that soccer-heart transplant anime (the name escapes me at the moment). I wanted to add some sports manga/anime to my list c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:56 am

Cerulean wrote:Digimon (I loved Digimon)

The atmosphere was just so suffocating :c

There was another anime that I heard about that supposedly promoted tennis shoes. It had something to do with robots playing basketball.....

Speaking of basketball, are there any basketball/sport anime/manga out there that anyone can suggest? I've read/seen Kuroko no Basuke, Prince of Tennis and that soccer-heart transplant anime (the name escapes me at the moment). I wanted to add some sports manga/anime to my list c:

1) Digimon Frontier was my fav, yours?

2) I know, right?! =.=;

3) I need to know what this is.

4) Um... Air gear?

BTW Did you ever watch Chaotic? It's another cardgame-based show. The animation for it is...really unique.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 am

Digimon Tamers was my favorite season, but Digimon Frontier is a close second c:

Hmm, I want to say that I haven't seen it (Chaotic), but the characters look so familiar......

I found it, the anime was called Basquatch! It's about 26 episodes long.

Oooh, I've heard that one being thrown around a bit. Added! Thanks c:

I'm logging out for now, so see you guys later! c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:27 am

Cerulean wrote:I found it, the anime was called Basquatch! It's about 26 episodes long.

Oooh, I've heard that one being thrown around a bit. Added! Thanks c:

It's Basquash =.=; Basquatch LOL You must like urban legends ALOT.

You'll have to read the manga, the anime ends, like, right before the first or second Arc ends, I think.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 am

Oops, that's totally what I meant. Although, big robots do have (at least) one big foot :p

Do you mean manga of air gear or basquash? Thanks in advance, I'll be logging off (for real this time c: )
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)