- All quotes should be in separate posts. Meaning one quote per post, to make feel like the 10 Commandments. Your quote can come from anything. Books, laws, the Bible, Anime, Manga, Comic Books, etc. The reason why I included laws and the Bible is because of some things especially anime and manga using some elements from these things, like X/1999 and Serial Experiments Lain for example.
- Keep it sophisticated. No funny quotes. Also make sure it actually sounds like a principle. (So a quote like this: "I am not the one at fault, the world is." doesn't count. Oh and cite the quote as well; this quote comes from Lelouch from Code Geass. Make sure that's under the quote in parentheses.)
- Quote should be one sentence only. Not a long explanation. (So Alphonse's Explanation here: "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy’s first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth." Is also unacceptable as well.)
- As a follow up to the above, keep it short, plain and simple, not a long sentence. (So this part of Edward's explanation "You can’t gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." is unacceptable.)
- No quotes in First Person.
- Lastly, the title of this thread is tentative and is in need of something that sounds better. Give me suggestions in parentheses as well.)
- EDIT: The template for posts in this thread should look like this:
Post Template wrote:"quote from the person, law, principle, etc."
- source of the quote
(Parentheses. This is here so that you can chat with other people while contributing.)
Ready to begin? Then let's do this.