New Grim Tales: "Fist bumps and door slams" (8/31/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales: "Fist bumps and door slams" (8/31/2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Minnie*

I remember that episode. It also reminded me of the Shadow World episode, not sure how far we can go with that since it would open a lot of possibilities...like stupid Billy...
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't think I've ever seen that one.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Basically, mirrors are portals to the shadow world. In their people's shadows had personalities that were opposite the original.
Mandy's was a happy, giddy, little, animal loving, girl.
Billy's was stupid. Yep, our Billy is the smart one.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Or the one that reminded you of that one. The one with Grim dying to be dead again and something about a blob.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:00 pm

I somewhat remember these. I remember Pat the Baker. That's (kinda) the name of my PSN account as a matter of fact.

It would be pretty cool if the "shadow world" played a part in this comic. Although the concept of evil doppelgangers/counterparts it kinda cliché.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Not to mention it'd over complicate everything.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

So the episode is called Night of the Living Grim and Grim is laid up in bed with EDS (Encroaching Doom Syndrome). http://mytvseriesapp.com/episode-377891 ... _grim.html

I think the Shadow World episode features a Billy that makes noises like a seal.
Mon-Kitsune wrote: I think that's only a trick you can pull off if being dead is your default state. Mimi was born alive so I think that, now that she is dead she's stuck that way.
I don't think this is true. All beings who are killed become "dead" like Grim. Grim having originated as "dead" shouldn't matter. On the other hand, he's probably the only being in existence that can contract EDS.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Mercen-X wrote:So the episode is called Night of the Living Grim and Grim is laid up in bed with EDS (Encroaching Doom Syndrome). http://mytvseriesapp.com/episode-377891 ... _grim.html

I think the Shadow World episode features a Billy that makes noises like a seal.
Mon-Kitsune wrote: I think that's only a trick you can pull off if being dead is your default state. Mimi was born alive so I think that, now that she is dead she's stuck that way.
I don't think this is true. All beings who are killed become "dead" like Grim. Grim having originated as "dead" shouldn't matter. On the other hand, he's probably the only being in existence that can contract EDS.

Well I imagine the rest of his family can as well (not his GT family, his actual in show family like his mom dad and Aunt Khali)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I was just going to say Junior should be able to.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Would he? Technically Junior was originally a normal human, albeit one that never made it to birth. Grim's extended family does raise the question of how Grim and other reapers/skeletons were born, though. Was Grim aborted as well, or are 2 reapers able to actually create a child together? Maybe it only works if both parents are reapers, which is why Grim couldn't father a child with Mandy. It would be nice if Junior somehow had Grim's "DNA" through some type of magic or something to help solidify his position as heir to the Grim Reaper. Unless Junior's mysterious father ever becomes a part of the story. Though the whole "you're raising my kid but it's still my kid" dynamic is already in place with Minnie and Nergal Jr. The same thing will happen for any other children Mandy might have (possible ghost kid(s) via Dark Danny). It'd be nice for Grim to at least have a "blood relation" to one of his kids.

I'm getting a bit off topic here though. Going back to Minnie, I don't think we'll be seeing her return to her original body, at least not in the physical world. If they're ever in an astral/spiritual place where their true form is shown, then we'd likely see her like that there. I'd actually like to see Minnie get some new abilities from her zombified body like endless stamina or other "zombie powers." It does seem a bit unfair now for Junior to have all the power and Minnie to have pretty much nothing. Though if the WHAM story is any indication, Minnie could end up using the evil power that Mandy extracted from Mimi. If so, I'd like to see her control it and not become as mindless as Mimi (though that's probably from all of Him's abuse), just as long as Minnie gets some sort of upgrade.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Well given that BOTH his parents are also skeletons I tend to think he was simply BORN a skeleton illogical as it seems (hey if the original orgin story for Casper was he was born a ghost, this isn't all that different). The bigger issue is Jr's ability to flip back and forth from Skeleton to fleshy. Granted he only got that power after he got Nergalized, but since the functional power of Encroaching Doom Syndrome is turning a dead individual into a living one, I'm not sure how significant it would be to him. If he can get it I tend to think the Nergal symbiote can functionally "cure" him.
And I think Jr must have at least some of the Grim Family DNA since he has some of grims odd traits, like the ability to see with no eyeballs (though he apparently has enough leftover humanity that having one doesn't blind him on that side, like it does grim.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:34 am

I need to pay closer attention... despite quoting you, I still didn't realize you were talking about Mimi. I thought you were suggesting that Minnie could not be made human which would then mean your next response contradicted yourself. But you weren't... so you didn't...

Also, how many living skeletons purport to be blind due to having no functioning eyeballs?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby silvercover » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 am

yeah I also would prefer that if minnie gets the essence, she wont be a mindless/mind-controlled being, she'd just remain like her current personality except more outspoken(seeing as she never really expressed herself before she lost her nergal abilities)/strait to the point(meaning no more of those long poetic lines)/merciless(or at least wont holdback).

basically I imagine she'd be a lot more like her mom, except she wont be quite as level-headed and as confident as mandy is.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 am

Fuck that, I want to see Minnie go beast mode.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 pm

I would like to see interspersed moments of calm. Maybe even right after one another. I always think that the character looks super crazy when they are calm one second, then boiling hot the next, then back to calm.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:11 am

Isn't that basically what Him does, calm and playful one moment, but angry and crazy the next?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 am

He'll toy with just about anyone until they manage to piss him off.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:03 am

You know who I would like to see in this comic? Peaches, from Rocko's Modern Life. Even if it's just a cameo.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)