Heading To Trauma

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Heading To Trauma

Postby lightfdar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 pm

I wonder if the Rowdy boys will make an enterance
The power of the sun in my hands

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:59 pm

That question has been wondered about and asked more times than "When is the next update going to be?"

To be perfectly honest with you, its going to be a while. There isn't enough time for them to slip in here and we know they don't from the past pages.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

lightfdar wrote:I wonder if the Rowdy boys will make an enterance

Right now, it's a matter of when, not if. BR has already confirmed that they will return, but he just hasn't specified when they will make the scene again.

Since this page has been bumped back up, I would like to talk about the RRB a bit. Any guesses as to when we'll be seeing them again? I say since the bomb is covering the entire world, they have to get involved somehow. Unless they're in outer space or on another planet.

Also what kind of voices do you imagine the RRB having? For me their old voices just don't do it for me. I imagine Brick sounding like George Grant, and Boomer sounding like Yuri Lowenthal. I'm not so sure about Butch though.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Havoc wrote:Also what kind of voices do you imagine the RRB having? For me their old voices just don't do it for me. I imagine Brick sounding like George Grant, and Boomer sounding like Yuri Lowenthal. I'm not so sure about Butch though.

How about Micah Solusod?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 am

I've never heard of him until now, nor am I too familiar with any of his roles. How about Troy Baker?

Postby AgentNY003 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 pm

I wonder where the new page will come out?
AgentNY

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Where? Why here of course.

When? Whenever they get it done. There isn't a set schedule for the comics.

Which is why I could have sworn I advised you to look at the rest of the site to help pass the time.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Bleed's attention seems to be completely focused on GT at this point. I don't know if BR's still sick, but point is that that's where the man's putting his time and effort. We can only hope he'll move his attention back over here before too long.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 am

I get the feeling that Bleed favors GT over all the other comics he does. Which is sad, because PpGD is my favorite. I don't know if BR's still sick or not. Since he's an administrator, he's probably been busy overseeing the website's upgrades, but I'm not really sure on that.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 am

He's a very busy man. Working with shit both on and off the site, technological and biological.

PPGD was my favorite comic for a long time, but was replaced with GT about a year and a half ago. That said, I still enjoy both comics very much. PPGD got caught in a glue trap like Sugar Bits, except for a 3 year battle, it's a 3 year event. We already had two April fool's jokes in this event as it is, we'll probably get a third by the time it's over.

Grim Tales is also having trouble getting to the point, but at least it's moving on at a turtle's pace instead of a snail's. :roll:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:01 pm

idk, I think PPGD might finish this arc by this year's end. Saying it'll last til next April seems like a stretch to me.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:09 pm

It's kind of foolish to say that it's better for Bleed to focus on GT if PpGD isn't moving forward. It's because Bleed's putting all of his focus on GT that PpGD isn't moving forward. If the situation was reversed, it's likely people would be saying the same thing about GT that they're saying about PpGD now. IMHO, Bleed just needs to better balance out his attention. I'm not asking for constant updates, but I am saying that he shouldn't be putting all of his focus on just one of his comics (well, technically two if you count the Skull Boy thing he's doing, but you get the point).

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 pm

What's Skull Boy?
Joking tone aside, I'm hoping for that hook to appear in Skull Boy, I can see the comic going somewhere, but as it is now, it's just a casual read that people just read because it's there.

I'm also hoping that GT doesn't disappoint, bcuz with all this attention being focused on it, he must be interested with something that happens, and w/e it is, it better be worth it.

I also have this sneaking feeling that the possibility of them piling pages up for PPGD. I'm aware that this probably isn't the case, but I can't help but have that little suspicious feeling.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 pm

I know Bleed has a tendency to focus on certain comics when he gets interested in them. I'm just happy that they are updating. I've always been a fan of the GT comics, PpGD comics are pretty good too, but its this "event" as Bird has put it that has made me tired of it.

SB use to be good, until a year into the battle and then DMajor died. I'm still hoping that one gets a reboot.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:27 pm

I don't feel the same way about the "event" in PpGD as you do, probably because I haven't been around as long as you guys, and the concept is still fairly fresh in my mind. GT frustrates the hell out of me. It might go faster than the other comics, but I still haven't found out anything about what I've wanted to know yet, despite it's frequent updates. I guess this is the part where I shamefully admit that I haven't read SB yet. (._.')

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm also hoping that GT doesn't disappoint, bcuz with all this attention being focused on it, he must be interested with something that happens, and w/e it is, it better be worth it.

Hopefully it's about Megaville.

Tenshi Nova wrote:idk, I think PPGD might finish this arc by this year's end. Saying it'll last til next April seems like a stretch to me.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I also have this sneaking feeling that the possibility of them piling pages up for PPGD. I'm aware that this probably isn't the case, but I can't help but have that little suspicious feeling.

I hope you're right. I really, really, would like to believe this. Hopefully we'll get to the bombs detonation by at least the beginning of this winter.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Havoc wrote:I hope you're right. I really, really, would like to believe this. Hopefully we'll get to the bombs detonation by at least the beginning of this winter.

I remember when Seir was still part of the Bleed-team that they said they were doing this, but I don't think they were. It would be nice if they were.

But I'm betting we'll get to the bomb by the beginning of winter or the start of next year.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:24 am

Havoc wrote:Also what kind of voices do you imagine the RRB having?

I imagine at least one of the sounding like Jonny Yong Bosch.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Havoc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 am

Blood Lord wrote:I remember when Seir was still part of the Bleed-team that they said they were doing this, but I don't think they were. It would be nice if they were.

Wait. Seir said that they were doing what, the deadline, or back stocking the pages?

ari-6 wrote:I imagine at least one of the sounding like Jonny Yong Bosch.

Idk, maybe. Which one though? I imagine Olga sounding like Laura Bailey.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm hoping for that hook to appear in Skull Boy, I can see the comic going somewhere, but as it is now, it's just a casual read that people just read because it's there.

A hook would be nice, however I'm okay with it just being a "casual read".

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am

ari-6 wrote:
Havoc wrote:Also what kind of voices do you imagine the RRB having?

I imagine at least one of the sounding like Jonny Yong Bosch.

One of them has to have a Sean Connery voice. Because that's an actual thing now.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Sigment » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 am

Havoc wrote:
ari-6 wrote:I imagine at least one of the sounding like Jonny Yong Bosch.

Idk, maybe. Which one though? I imagine Olga sounding like Laura Bailey.

I'd give Jonny to Brick. As for Laura Bailey, I think she'd be better as Blossom. For Olga, I'd say maybe Michelle Ruff. For Bubbles, Cherami Leigh, and let's say Luci Christian for Buttercup. Also, Sam Riegal for Boomer, and good old Troy Baker for Butch. Personal opinion, of course, but there's my two cents.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 am

Actually, With PpGD, I just imagine the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter sounding the same way they sounded in the show. I only put a new voice in place if:

-The character is significantly older in the comic, than they were in the show.

-If their old voice doesn't fit their new, more serious role/character.

-If it's an OC.

I'm having a hard time coming up for a new voice for Otto. I wanna say Stephanie Nadolny, or more specifically, kid Goku, but Idk.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am

Basically, I agree with Havoc.
Rocks

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!