Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 pm

That works for me, Sig.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Will he be sent to Redcliffe?

Blood Lord wrote:No. He'll be used for another purpose.
Was there a change of plans, Blood, or did you forget about whatever the "other purpose" was? I'm not mad here, I just wanted to bring this up for clarification.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Who, Cyrus?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Yup, those quotes were from when Zel posted his CS.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Ehh, it was either a mislead or I was absent minded about it. I can't remember that far back in my plans, so I have no idea what I was saying there.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Ah, well. It's fine, and I'm cool with it. Although from the sound of it, I'm not gonna be cool at all once our new playmate arrives.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:18 am

Here's the basic finished CS for my second character.

Name: Azreal Demian, AKA "The Reaper"

Race: Quel'Elhen (High Elf)

Class: Assassin

Affiliations: Contacts within each major city. Old friends within the Quel'Elhen Rangers.

Abilities:

Elven Agility: The natural speed of Azreal's race has served him well. He is easily capable of scaling the side of a building in seconds using leaps or by climbing, to outrun a pursuer or merely gain ground. The speed of his attacks and defensive maneuvers are also top tier, sending strike after strike with little opening in between.

Shadow Veil: An alteration of the Rangers of the Arrow's Shadowmeld. When triggered within darkness, Azreal literally becomes one with the shadows. He is completely unseen within the Veil, and while he cannot be attacked in this state, he is also incapable of attacking himself. He can move through the shadows with little effort, but is limited to darkness directly linked to where he entered the Veil. If he enters a lit area, the Veil instantly dissipates, and he reappears to those around him.

Doppleganger: Azreal's mastery of the shadows has led to an interesting ability. By drawing from the shadows around him, he can create physical copies of himself. The copies are identical in appearance, and can exist within lit areas, as well as being able to mimic Azreal's style of attack. However, a copy lacks the resilience of an actual person, and be returned to the shadows with a direct hit to its body. The number of copies Azreal can call forth, as well as the duration that he can keep them stable, is dependent on the level of darkness in his immediate area.

Bloody Twister: While wielding the Shadow Fangs, Azreal can spin his body at extreme speeds, essentially becoming a tornado of blade strikes. The strikes from his daggers are more deadly during this attack, but this is brought on by the high spinning speed of the attack. There is not additional strength added to the strikes. He cannot perform this ability repeatedly, as the physical stress would bring him to the verge of death, limiting him to performing the technique once every twelve hours.

Appearance: Azreal (Ignore the ears)
As a young man, he still bears the appearance of any his age. However, beneath his outfit he bears many scars from countless tortures by enemies and battles during contracts.

Azreal's clothing has been designed for optimal movement while minimizing the noise he makes. As an assassin, he prefers freedom of movement over excessive armor. That being said, his gear has been made thick to help in combat situations. His boots and gloves are reinforced to add extra force to his hand-to-hand attacks.

His mask was an heirloom passed down through his family, Azreal being the first to wear it in centuries. Meant to strike fear into an opponent, it is also capable of letting him throw his voice so as to distract of disorient his target.

Personality: Azreal has always enjoyed a good fight. There has never been such a thing as insurmountable odds for him. As such, he has developed a somewhat cocky attitude towards both friend and foe, and will taunt his opponents whenever he has the opportunity. His principles sometimes vary, but he will fight alongside those he considers deserving of it. However, there are those that he believes in with an honest heart, and will fight relentlessly to support them.

As an assassin, he doesn't leave jobs half-done. He has sometimes spent months pursuing a target, never letting them out of his mind. If he has accepted a contract, it is merely a matter of time before his job is done. When the time has come to strike, his focus centers and nothing else matters. That being said, he still possesses a fair moral standing, and will not take contracts that involve targets undeserving of their intended fate. His profession sometimes leads to him being made a target as well, and this usually gets him excited as to who would be sent to take him on.

Starting Equipment: Dual Shadow Fang daggers on his waist, Final Mercy sword sheathed on his back, 1x vial of poison, 1x healing potion, 10 bronze, 10 bits (silver), 10x throwing daggers, 2x smoke bombs, two days worth of basic rations

History: Azreal grew up living life fairly easily. Times were never tough for him or his family. Even so, he still had many friends growing up, and got along with most people he knew. By the time he had come of age, he showed exceptional fighting potential and was accepted into the Rangers. The training he received only improved upon his already skillful fighting techniques. Unlike most of his kind, however, he showed far more proficiency with a blade than with a bow. Due to this, he often supported the archers during operations, cutting down anyone who would dare get close.

He had earned much renown among the Rangers, and was enjoyed the work he was doing. However, just after his 24th birthday, he returned from an operation to find his home ransacked, and his father dying on the floor. He told his son of the man responsible, then died moments later. An investigation was performed, but no evidence could be found proving the supposed culprit's guilt. Angry and unwilling to let the man get away with his crime, Azreal snuck into the man's house, and murdered him in his sleep. In that moment, he realized that he could no longer remain with his people, and left the following morning. It wasn't long before he found another way to make use of his abilities.

Within three months, rumors through began to spread throughout Fereldin of an unfailing Quel'Elhen assassin, known only as "The Reaper," for his efficiency in completing contracts. Azreal's skills with blades had been honed to a point, and the money was good. It has been two years since then, and his reputation puts him at the the top of the list of hires for many potential contracts. At this point, Azreal figures it's only a matter of time before he says yes to the wrong job.

Starting Position: Denerim

Theme music: Survive the Swordland
Battle music: Swordland

________

By the way, Blood. Did you ever get back that "Sword of the Warden"? Might want to do that now, otherwise you'll probably not get another chance for quite a while.
Last edited by Sigmas on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 am, edited 12 times in total.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 am

Just to clarify here, Sigment. You imply something is going to 'keep it busy' ?
No.
You are all going to die if you do not leave that place now.
To explain, Cyrus is not always this strong. He's been chained up for many years drawing power over and over into himself from any source of fire in the Teryns manor. Though he will still be horribly strong he is in no way capable of this destruction a second time so easily.

So run. Run fast and run deep, and know your spells and strength will not stop the culling.

Also, Seirui is out with a bad cold so I'm posting for him. Don't get used to this.

Postby Sigmas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:59 am

Well, I'm moving my ass. Fingers crossed here. Hopefully I'll have the CS for Azreal done soon and I can start his posts.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 am

im gonna wait to post for Isador's retreat, want to let others have a chance to post.

Postby Sigmas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:57 am

I certainly think that this is where we should hold off on progression until those who are behind can catch up. BG in particular has been left behind far enough, IMO.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:57 pm

So....who wants to be a hero? Cuz Vovin is going to bloody die if no one aids him XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Scrambles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I would but idk if Daddy wants this job or not.

Postby BG07 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 pm

It might be a bit for me still, gotta wait for my internet to get set up. I'm cool with you guys moving forwards, lets just say Airi fainted and someone picked her up. Bill fought his way out somehow, probably with a lot of smashing of things.

Postby Sigmas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Bill sounds fine. As for Airi, fainted doesn't sound like something that's likely, but a Darkspawn catching her off guard and knocking her out might work, if that's okay with you, BG.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:07 pm

BG07 wrote:It might be a bit for me still, gotta wait for my internet to get set up. I'm cool with you guys moving forwards, lets just say Airi fainted and someone picked her up. Bill fought his way out somehow, probably with a lot of smashing of things.

Not gonna be a lot of things left to smash for him to get out, but that sounds like fun.

Postby BG07 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Bill sounds fine. As for Airi, fainted doesn't sound like something that's likely, but a Darkspawn catching her off guard and knocking her out might work, if that's okay with you, BG.

That link Airi had between herself and Val is what I was inferring as the cause of the fainting.

Postby Sigmas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

@Zel
I think he meant that Bill's already gone before Cyrus has arrived. Could be wrong, though.

@Airi
Oh yeah. I kinda forgot since Val's updates didn't seem to mention that. I suppose that could do it, but would she have passed out in the Throne room, maybe carried by a guard?

By the way, anyone have any problems with that CS so far? I'm still working out the abilities, history, etc. with Blood.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:37 pm

BG07 wrote: Airi fainted and someone picked her up.

Works because of the link thing.

I should have mentioned that a little bit more, but I guess I either didn't or it wasn't noticeable enough.

BG07 wrote:Bill fought his way out somehow, probably with a lot of smashing of things.

Trebuchet. :D

Sigment Kurosai wrote: I suppose that could do it, but would she have passed out in the Throne room, maybe carried by a guard?

She never entered into the throne room. It was just Val (and Zha).

A guard could have picked her up along the way. the bond though is probably severed between the two by now.

EDIT: Also dealing with some mod duties at the moment, so response to things will be slow.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Take your time. Idiots can be obnoxious... Hate that hashtag trend.
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks Ro. I'll get through stuff the best I can, as soon as I can.

Everyone PM if you have any questions though or post in here. You know the drill.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:By the way, Blood. Did you ever get back that "Sword of the Warden"? Might want to do that now, otherwise you'll probably not get another chance for quite a while.

Damn I didn'

t see this. I think Vovin got it, I'm not sure. There is a number of items she is missing right now (bow, arrows, dagger) that I can have escaping npc's grab. The sword can fall into it if it isn't picked up.

Speaking of pick up, Vovin does need a pick up.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 pm

I can have him have landed on the sword or something and he had grabbed it for later.

And yes, dragon-knight in distress! XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Zelosse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Yeah, leave the grabbing of the boy to Marcus. This is right up where he's good.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Alright, so it was raining tonight, might get some more. If it did then it might have rained me out of work and I'll have some stuff up tomorrow.

If not then I'll see you guys tomorrow night.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Know that 'Gren had one of her swords... He's one of the quicker characters, so he's likely best for getting them all.

Maybe he wanted trophies in case she didn't get out?
Demon of Elru

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing