New Grim Tales: "Fist bumps and door slams" (8/31/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales: "Fist bumps and door slams" (8/31/2013)

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 pm

I know there hasn't been a lot of commenting in the Bleed section of these pages, but I'm just gonna go ahead and post this here anyways.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New Grim Tales: "Fist bumps and door slams" (8/31/2013)

Postby Sigment » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Oh, come on, man! I'm glad to see a Devil May Cry poster, but did it have to be the reboot?

Also, I have two words to describe Mimi's reaction to the muffin...
"Myyyyy pweeeeeecioooooouuuuusssss..."
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm

FISTBUMP.

I spy fanart in panel five. That's cute. And I think there's more easter eggs on Juniors shelf, but I can't see.

Oooooh~ Who's giving Minnie a present? Is that Nergal-language? Is it her daddy? her mom? Junior?(first guess) Chi already getting into a team-up incestuous-sisters plan? Incest-Sissy-Duo! All we're missing is a snapped!auntieBubbles and it's a trio.

Don't know where that came from. Empty threads make me nervous. Listening to old WW2 songs. Damn, Mimi likes Muffins. Hashtagandthenshewasshot.

Terribly sorry.

I think the new site design is making my computer lag.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:59 pm

I wrote:I'm wondering if the box could contain her new outfit (the one she was wearing on the chapter cover page).

The part where Mimi scurried under the bed with the muffin in her mouth, was adorable. :grin:
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Uhhh...what did Nergal say about Charles' Muffins? Or do I just not want to even know this?
Also, where is everybody? It's quite today...kinda creepin me out here...
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Mercen-X » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 pm

It's quite what?

Junior has a series of PPGD action figures.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:49 pm

I meant 'quiet', but my computer was having a fit.

Holy crap! He really does! I didn't notice that at first!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Interesting box to be seen.

Postby Mercen-X » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:32 pm

"From" redundancy.

Skree

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28 am

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the gift is most likely from Nergal Jr, since the note on the box appears to be written in the Nergal language. Unless there's another Nergal out there we don't know about. Then again, that could just be some form of generic scribbles, made to look like English from a distance.

Like I said before, I would really like to know more about Nergal Jr's personality in this comic, and his feelings towards is only (possibly only) flesh-and-blood child. I wonder if Minnie knows that Nergal Jr is her real father?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 am

Havoc wrote:Like I said before, I would really like to know more about Nergal Jr's personality in this comic, and his feelings towards is only (possibly only) flesh-and-blood child. I wonder if Minnie knows that Nergal Jr is her real father?

Agreed. I would like to see him play a bigger role, at least in her life.

It's hinted at here in this page: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=58
But never said in a solid manner.

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Havoc wrote:Like I said before, I would really like to know more about Nergal Jr's personality in this comic, and his feelings towards is only (possibly only) flesh-and-blood child. I wonder if Minnie knows that Nergal Jr is her real father?

It's hinted at here in this page: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=58
But never said in a solid manner.

Interesting. From what I can see, Minnie and Nergal Jr have a strong bond, but that doesn't really tell use rather or not she knows. But come to think of it, she has (well, had) Nergal powers and he has Nergal powers, so I'm guessing she's already figured it out by on her own by now.

I would like to see what Nergal Jr's character and personality is like in this comic. Personally, I'm hoping he will be all cool and badass, but still have a weird obsession with companionship, like he did in the show. What do you think?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kyrogue2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 am

wonder what minnie got and nice to see jr with a DMC poster.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:14 am

Who knew that Jr's an otaku.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 am

I like how the doorways in the castle seem to have an extra foot in height to them.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Junior is an obsessive collector of game guides. He has six and seven copies of game guides that are for the same games. ( :D comedically missing the point... facetiousness is hilarious)

Skree

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Now that, is a muffin only Mimi could love.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Misery Chord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:43 am

Blood Lord wrote:

I get the impression Nergal Jr. isn't allowed to play a bigger role. Minnie's parentage may be an open secret (Junior seems like he's the last to know), but Grim is officially still Minnie's father and Mandy has it that way for her own reasons. That being said, Junior's noticed Nergal Jr. was spending time with his sister which indicates Nergal Jr. is in Minnie's life. I don't think he can do much more openly, though.

Havoc wrote:Interesting. From what I can see, Minnie and Nergal Jr have a strong bond, but that doesn't really tell use rather or not she knows. But come to think of it, she has (well, had) Nergal powers and he has Nergal powers, so I'm guessing she's already figured it out by on her own by now.

I don't believe Minnie had to figure it out. As a Nergal Demon, she had access to the Nergal language, history, and memories...from birth. Plus, even if Minnie didn't know intrinsically, I don't believe the information would have ever been withheld from her. Given that Junior mentions that Minnie "took" Nergal Jr. away from him, Minnie kept her demon powers a very guarded secret, and both the memories (already linked to previously in this thread) and the real-time reaction to her rescue, it's evident she knows who her bio daddy is.

Havoc wrote:I would like to see what Nergal Jr's character and personality is like in this comic. Personally, I'm hoping he will be all cool and badass, but still have a weird obsession with companionship, like he did in the show. What do you think?

As readers, we have seen the "badass" side to him when he was fighting the Pumpkinator, but as for what he is like in his downtime, I don't know and I'm not sure I would particularly care. I wouldn't want to see him more in the comic -- not only is the cast crowded as is, but there's not really much that can be explored by having him around. He isn't a threat and he's still Mandy's pawn. Grim fills that that role, while the manifestation of Nergal (as well as Junior's Nergal half) helps with any Nergal Demon exposition we need. A hint or an occasional nod to Nergal Jr. might be nice, but he's deliberately not part of the picture. This comic is Grim Jr.'s tale, not Minnie's, and there's not much he can offer.

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:11 am

Misery Chord wrote:I don't believe Minnie had to figure it out. As a Nergal Demon, she had access to the Nergal language, history, and memories...from birth. Plus, even if Minnie didn't know intrinsically, I don't believe the information would have ever been withheld from her. Given that Junior mentions that Minnie "took" Nergal Jr. away from him, Minnie kept her demon powers a very guarded secret, and both the memories (already linked to previously in this thread) and the real-time reaction to her rescue, it's evident she knows who her bio daddy is.

For the most part, I think you're right. I'm not sure about how secret her powers were though.

Misery Chord wrote:I get the impression Nergal Jr. isn't allowed to play a bigger role. Minnie's parentage may be an open secret (Junior seems like he's the last to know), but Grim is officially still Minnie's father and Mandy has it that way for her own reasons. That being said, Junior's noticed Nergal Jr. was spending time with his sister which indicates Nergal Jr. is in Minnie's life. I don't think he can do much more openly, though.

Fair enough. That being said, this might not be the last time he discreetly helps her out. Come to think of it, he probably snuck in past the guards, in order to give her that present, that is if he's even the one that gave it to her.

Misery Chord wrote:As readers, we have seen the "badass" side to him when he was fighting the Pumpkinator, but as for what he is like in his downtime, I don't know and I'm not sure I would particularly care. I wouldn't want to see him more in the comic -- not only is the cast crowded as is, but there's not really much that can be explored by having him around. He isn't a threat and he's still Mandy's pawn. Grim fills that that role, while the manifestation of Nergal (as well as Junior's Nergal half) helps with any Nergal Demon exposition we need. A hint or an occasional nod to Nergal Jr. might be nice, but he's deliberately not part of the picture. This comic is Grim Jr.'s tale, not Minnie's, and there's not much he can offer.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I would like to see at least a little bit of Nergal Jr's personality in this comic. I don't think Nergal Jr is Mandy's "pawn". He's definitely had sex with her in the past, but I don't know what his relationship with her is presently. I really don't feel like the cast it "crowded" in this comic. Just the opposite, I feel like it could really benefit from a few more characters, preferably from Megaville. Also this comic is Minnie's tale, as well as Grim Jr's. She and Junior are the two main characters.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 am

I feel so bad for Minnie :'(

I hoe I am not ut of place asking this but with all the magical power Grim has why can't he return Minnie to her original state

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Havoc wrote:Also this comic is Minnie's tale, as well as Grim Jr's. She and Junior are the two main characters.

Agreed. The tale isn't just Jr's, its both of theirs.

rac7d wrote:I hope I am not out of place for asking this but, with all the magical power Grim has why can't he return Minnie to her original state?

Who said he could? He's Death, not the Restorer of Life.

You could go deep into this though.

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Wasn't there an episode of the show where Grim went through an operation or surgery and wound up as a mortal for a while? I wonder if something like that could be done to make Minnie look normal again without the loss of her abilities (if she has any left to speak of, that is).

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:41 pm

The one where Grim and Billy switched roles? That's the only time I remember such a thing happening.

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 pm

No, he was actually Human, kinda ugly too. Had something to do with a supernatural cold or something. Wound up returning to normal when a giant blob of mucus from said cold ate him and brought him back to nothing but bone.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:No, he was actually Human, kinda ugly too. Had something to do with a supernatural cold or something. Wound up returning to normal when a giant blob of mucus from said cold ate him and brought him back to nothing but bone.

Don't remember the title but the idea there was that Grim actually died. Apparantly as he is dead already and was born dead, when he "dies" he becomes alive. The Mucus blob killed him again making him dead again. I think that's only a trick you can pull off if being dead is your default state. Mimi was born alive so I think that, now that she is dead she's stuck that way.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)