Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm

I asked what you thought or if you would like me to change direction. I need to know early so you are not unhappy. Oh wait I think there is a problem. I may have forgotten to press send I will try again.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:25 pm

ari-6 wrote:Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

There can only be 100% of any existing thing. Despite what might be said in mainstream fight anime.

1) Hmmm... K. You've convinced me. He's alive. It's further supported by the fact that the Space Station was destroyed AFTER Lelouch died, meaning that Lulu really did die first.

2) 6:40

You're welcome.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Fight anime? Zombies? If this is not scientifically accurate, I don't know what is.

Plus what is this? It looks kind of awesome! And also a lot of that mega post was the desire for him to still be alive. He is my favourite male character!

Also Tenshi, sorry to bother you but could you check your messages again. I am worried I messed up your request already.

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Geez Ari, settle down. I'm sure it's fine. Stop worrying so much =.=; (though it IS cute <3) - Do note I'm going to continue assuming you're a Hideyoshi from now on.

The anime is "Is this a Zombie"? I'm trying to make an abridged version of it. In the middle of applying for jobs right now, though.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:54 pm

Respond when you can, you'll do fine.

Abridged series, interesting. I was never too fond of different abridged stuff, the only one that ever made me actually laugh was TeamFourStar with DBZ.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Hellsing abridged is pretty awesome

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:53 pm

You know what's really funny and kinda creepy, every single time I start to actively consider watch/reading Code Geass I find a discussion that really goes into it and I feel like my feeble mind couldn't begin to comprehend all that goes on in there. So I make like a turtle and crawl back into the safety of my shell and hope to maybe on day brave the Gambit Pileup that seems to be Code Geass.

On a completely unrelated note...Sailor Moon or Wedding Peach. Likes, dislikes and reasoning. GO!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Actually, CG is REEEEEEEALLY easy to comprehend just to watch it. It's just that if you're a scholar of the Wisdom side rather than the Intelligence side (aka History, Politics, Ethics, Philosophy, Theology, Comprehension/Critical Thinking, Etc), you'll be able to interpret things in it that most people don't. THAT is where all those confusing discussions come from.

For example, CG is one of many works of SciFi (including Gundam 00) that use the Three World Powers concept - basically, the World is mostly ruled by three major powers - whether they consist of single nations, international alliances, or otherwise. Because of this, the direction of the world is based on those three powers.

--

I'm so excited about the next episode of HU Abridged. It comes out every Halloween... ALMOST HERE 0.0

Postby dj1107 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah Code Geass isn't exactly one of those "deep philosophical meanings of the human brain" by bare bones it's a mech-warfare series with ham that'll choke Shatner. Saying that though I really loved Code Geass. My personal preference is that I perfer the dub over the subs
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Cerulean » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:17 am

I'm going to add Rosario to my list c:
MissTikilicious wrote:On a completely unrelated note...Sailor Moon or Wedding Peach. Likes, dislikes and reasoning. GO!

I've never heard of Wedding Peach, so Sailor Moon is the winner by default :p I loved watching it years ago, and I'm planning on watching the reboot whenever it comes out. I don't remember much from the actual show, so I can't really give an in depth explanation about what I liked or disliked about the series. The only real gripe I can think of having with it now is "how do these people not know their secret identities, they have the same hairstyle and face o.o" Other than that, though, I was fine with it back in the day.

You know for a second there I thought you were asking to compare Peach Girl to Sailor Moon, and I was just like What? Good thing I reread that :p

Krest wrote:It's medieval, based on fairy tales. Also...throwable BFSs. Yes.

Well now I'm intrigued. I've never heard of Lost Seven before, but I'll be adding that to my list soon (ish).

So, while we're on the topic of Mecha anime (sort of), has anyone seen Break Blade? It is an OVA series comprised of about 6 episodes (I think). I vaguely remember watching the first 2 (or was it 3) and wanted to know if anyone else had an opinion on it?

Also, I was thinking of adding Gintama to my to read/watch list. Has anyone here read/watched it? Opinions? I did try sitting through the first episode a long time ago, but I never finished it.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 am

I did see one episode of Wedding Peach. Never watched the whole series mostly because at the time the entire series wasn't uploaded & I lost interest.

Did watch the original japanese dub of Sailor Mon 4 or so years ago reminded how much I enjoyed it when it ran on Toonami. Didn't destroy my masculinity as much as Cardcaptor Sakura did though.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:35 am

Gintama is one of those things that I enjoy simply because of how it's made.

Basically, it's completely random nonsensical comedy that SOMEHOW has feels even though you'd want to strangle everyone in it if you ever met them in real life. It. Is. Awesome.

I think I've heard of Break Blade before. Is that the one where like almost the entire series is based on an army of mechs trying to break through a giant wall?

Oh, and I think Mangareader is the one that has the completed list of Lost Seven.
Last edited by Krest on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cerulean » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:48 am

Basically the synopsis of Break Blade centers around this trio of adult friends (Each having gone their separate ways). One of whom, if I am remembering correctly, is deemed a misfit because he lacks the ability to use some sort of magical power (that everyone else in the world is able to use. Not to mention the whole town (and items) is powered by this power as well). He is also not able to pilot a mecha (which runs off of this power). Long story short, an old mecha (that doesn't run off of this power) is found, and he is the only one who is capable of powering it. It had something to do with a war going on between nations. I don't remember a wall, but then it has been a long time.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:07 am

Cerulean wrote:Basically the synopsis of Break Blade centers around this trio of adult friends (Each having gone their separate ways). One of whom, if I am remembering correctly, is deemed a misfit because he lacks the ability to use some sort of magical power (that everyone else in the world is able to use. Not to mention the whole town (and items) is powered by this power as well). He is also not able to pilot a mecha (which runs off of this power). Long story short, an old mecha (that doesn't run off of this power) is found, and he is the only one who is capable of powering it. It had something to do with a war going on between nations. I don't remember a wall, but then it has been a long time.

*googles*

YUP

It's the same one. The impenetrable city with its impenetrable walls... It took up dozens of chapters and didn't show any sign of getting out of that arc. I got tired of it.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 am

Krest wrote:Oh, and I think Mangareader is the one that has the completed list of Lost Seven.

MangaPanda, master race.

I must look up these various things when I return tonight.
Vanishes into my hole.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks thanks for the correction! ^^

--

OH RIGHT Anyone a Ketchup Ninja fan?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Continuing from Ari's art thread
I've seen countless pics from this that makes me just jaw drop. I suggest reading it, they have many pics where it's under done, but they have many pages where it's just amazing
http://www.mangapanda.com/girls-of-the-wilds/1

http://i1.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-ne ... 172907.jpg
From The Breaker New Waves, read The Breaker before New Waves.
I could find more examples, for now I'll leave it at this
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Um, yeah... I wouldn't say those are the best examples. Hold on.

http://i16.mangareader.net/a-fairytale- ... 780631.jpg

http://a.mpcdn.net/manga/p/11376/266165/20.jpg

There. Those might be able to compete. Also, Death Note works too.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm trying to show that the line between Fine Art and Comic Art, is nonexistent.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm trying to show that the line between Fine Art and Comic Art, is nonexistent.

So was I. But you said that you would link things that could compete with L's work. I just...didn't think those did so I listed more Comic Art, trying to help.

Oh, right. The ones I listed were 1) A Fairytale for a Demon Lord and 2) Id (manhwa)

Postby Cerulean » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm

This reminds me of a manga that I meant to pick up a while ago (but completely forgot about). The name of it is Otoyomegatari, and the artwork that I've seen from some of the pages are stunning!

Here's the first page of it, I don't know what it is about (since I haven't read it yet) but I'll leave the little synopsis thing from mangareader
Set on the Silk Road that connected Asia wit Europe before the modern times. The story of Amira, a woman skilled in archery and horsemanship, sent to marry Karluk, a boy from another village who is 8 years younger than her. But all is not well, as her village decides to take her back...

http://www.mangareader.net/1113-40874-1 ... ter-1.html

The detail is amazing (from what I've seen).

Has anyone else read this series yet?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm

@Krest
I don't see how your second pic can even compare to one of Laudine's scenics.

@Blue
I need to take a week sometime and just read 24/7
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:@Krest
I don't see how your second pic can even compare to one of Laudine's scenics.

The characters' bodies are shaped perfectly without any error every time. The angles created by the manhwaka (correct?) are done so well that they evoke the nature of the characters at just the right moments. This attention to detail causes the work to seem 3-dimensional all-throughout.

Also, Id (the character) is a trap. <3

*cough* >.>

But really, it's an amazing series. Great story and everything. As for the first pic, it uses colors in the way I talked about in Ari's thread and has perfect mastery over lines.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 pm

See but I'm talking about from a populous point of view. Most people wouldn't notice well thought out detail and just look over the pic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Hmm... I think Olympus Overdrive would work for that:

http://www.olympusoverdrive.com/comics/ ... cover2.png

^ Though this is a cover page, the entire series looks like that.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)