Snafu Therapy Thread.

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Yog » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 am

Stuffaluffagus wrote:I'm becoming more and more a recluse. My close friend moved to Seattle. Another moved pretty far, it's still driving distance (like 40 miles-ish) but its still far. And most of my "friends" go and hang out with each other, and never include me. I feel like I'm being thrown back into 2008 when I was extremely depressed, and it really is not a good feeling.

Oh no.

Keep yourself from staying inside for long periods of time. And don't cut yourself off from people.

Look for some sort of outdoor hobby you might like. Or join some sort of club or group near you that you're interested in, or a gym.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Maru » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Long period of time meaning two weeks or a month? I'm trying to get out more lately.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Just speaking from a personal stand point. My friends and I Skype regularly to keep in touch, we meet up maybe once a month. One of my closer friends is also someone I've never met irl, but after sharing so much over the last 3 years, my life would be so much lonelier.

Ofc, if you're looking to go out more, then Yog's suggestions.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby EagleMan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Stuff did you ever organize any of the hangouts? Sometimes people stop asking when they feel like they're never being asked in turn - they might just assume you don't actually want to hang out with them, so they stop inviting you. Most people will have some level of anxiety so that's what'll go through their head if they're the ones doing the inviting 99% of the time.

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 am

I ask these people to hang out every week, and most say they're busy...or hungover. That was someone's excuse today, even though they claimed they were excited to go out tonight. I ended up going out, but it wasn't someone I see all the time.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 am

And it's ironic they say they're busy....yet I see them being tagged in fb posts with mutual friends.

It's kind of like...oh, okay. I get it.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:10 am

I've kinda been through this too. Guy I'vew been friends with since Gr 7, all of a suddent his yeard it'd be like, I'd text him and he wouldn't even reply, and that happened multiple times and then eventually the 3rd or 4th time in a couple months he'd finally reply and be like "Ya school just really kicking my ass, bla blah" but then I see him tagged in picture doing shit with other people. So now I've just stopped contacting him. If he cares about our friendship he can contact me first.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 am

Oh, and there's also the added stress that I quit my job because they were treating me like shit. I seriously feel like everything in my life is falling apart. Hopefully I'll get this job I just applied for, but fuck...every time shit is going good in my life, I blink and it goes to shit. It's like I can't win.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 am

I'm on the edge of losing my own job. Finally have some actual savings, but the fear of losing what keeps me afloat and off the streets is making me this little ball of negativity I don't even recognize. I work hard, feeling like I'm holding the front end up on my own two shoulders (especially with all the new people who don't know shit or are too young to do something). But yet the feeling that the manager doesn't appreciate how hard of a worker I am with all the scrutiny he dishes out like he's looking for a reason to boot me. Was late once a couple weeks ago and he pounces on it threatening to suspend me or even fire me even though it's almost been a year since I'd done so without good cause. It really pulls on someone's heartstrings thinking of one slip landing you from stable to left with nothing.

Also, on top of that a friend of mine actually moved closer, but he might as well have moved to a different town. We're both out of each other's way and we barely see each other compared to before. I'd be over at his place almost every day. It worries me that it'll devolve into what's happened with you two. On top of that my diet's tanked with it. I'd usually cook for or dine with them, and there was always a variety of stuff to work with. Homemade pizza, German stews, BBQ, various fruits/veggies I'd never tried... Now it's just fast food and leftovers from church... It's like I lost a second home and family.

How the hell did people live on their own before we were born? I want to take notes.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 am

The same way you're living now.

And it won't necessarily happen that you'll lose something with a friend with not seeing them a lot. My best friend and I only used to hang out every few months, and that was enough for us, although this summer we hung out more often. Just depends on the dynamic of the friendship. If you both still want to see eachother I doubt what's been happening in my case would happen
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:55 am

I guess. I have a friend I've known since 1st grade, and whenever we hang out it's always a blast even if it's far and in-between. Just hope it turns out the same here.

Still, the lack of good food is something I miss a lot. I rarely cook here because of how unsanitary things are.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:27 am

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!

I don't know WHY my brain operates like this, but I'm always more awake at night and sleepy during the day. My best times to be awake are 5pm-3am Central time. CAN YOU IMAGINE how hard it is to find a job that lets me work at night? Unless it's something like Walmart, REALLY FLIPPING DIFFICULT. Places like Walmart are filled mostly with absolute idiots. Now, I'm not saying that these stores don't have any smart people. But the smart people aren't the ones that would be bothering me all day asking me why the Alka Seltzer isn't in in Wine aisle. I HATE PEOPLE. And yet I've been living in cities for the most recent half of my life. So I had to be around stressing, incompetent people that made too much noise in my normal sleep time and wouldn't let me actually sleep at that time because "that's not how real life works" or some bullcrap people delude themselves into believing.

Another thing - did you know I have found it to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay safer at night than in the day? Wanna know why? We nocturnal insomniacs generally don't want to talk to anyone -even each other. If you ever, somehow, rarely pass someone on the street, they'll have their headphones in or similar. They won't be yapping. They won't mess with you. They'll mind their own fking business.

The ONLY other time this happens is in a Library. No one ever interrupts you. Wanna know why? Cause their intellectual selves know not to mess with you when you're READING A BOOK. Hell, I've worked in libraries for the past few years specifically because of this. I can handle literally ever single job in a library. My skillset is geared towards it. And using the internet (Windows ftw imo) (and Google) for so many years, I've had to deal with waaay too many computer problems. I can handle computers now - software, anyway - enough to take care of 'em in any Library that has 'em.

But you know what? I'm living in freakin' redneck territory. The RARE # of libraries that exist are already occupied by 120-year-old snots that think every single person in my generation is retarded. Technically, in those areas, they are. But I didn't grow up in redneck territory (okay, I did for a few years but still), I grew up in educated, intellectual Texas cities. Not entirely so but you can't expect everyone to have common sense.

You know what I want? I want a freakin' library or bookstore that is rarely visited and will allow me to work at night. I'm not trying to pull back Halley's comet. I'm not summoning Bahumut. The library can work me to the core - as long as I can work in one at night since I have the experience to do so expertly. It's not magic. It's not even science. It's COMPLETELY BASIC.

Why you so trolling me life?! Y U SO?!

--

K, thanks for listening.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Princess » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 pm

I saw a cute butt in this after hours club the other day, so I feel a bit better. Because butts are amazing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 am

So true, sooo true
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 am

A butt a day keeps the doctor away... unless the doctor's hot.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Princess » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 am

For some reason I'm having really bad Lucky feels. I dunno if its because some of Bear's mannerisms have triggered something, or if its just starting to hit me again that I really miss him.

Note: Lucky was my dog since 2000, and he was seriously the best dog you could ever meet. He was wonderful in every way. I just lost him about 5 months ago, and it was horrible because I had to deal with a lot of the "do you want to put him down" shit by myself.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:25 am

Get back from the concert, my mom gets home almost simultaneously, and I learnt hat my sister has been gettig stitched in emergency for almost two an a half hours for self inflicted injuries. I…I'm not sure what to feel
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:14 am

Im a mess
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:38 am

whatever happens i know you're gonna be there for your sister, tuor. she's gonna need support here and as much as it must hurt you to hear that she would even do that to herself you need to just be loving. i've had people close to me self-harm and it's frustrating that you feel like you can't just get them to stop. it's an opportunity for you to discover why and help her feel she isn't so alone.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 am

For Stuff:

I lost my dog just under a year ago, had her since my friend's family self destructed (After their mom subsequently tried to kill herself by hanging herself in my closet) and couldn't keep their little Shelty. So we adopted it from them and it was a great dog. Old age caught up faster than I was comfortable with and she died in a peaceful way... in her sleep. It was hard, but I understood. Life is a fragile thing, and death is just as natural, but I couldn't bear to even look at her body.

Her last few hours in my house were out of sight. I didn't even see her face when we moved her out to cremate her. I felt like shit, but I just can't stand death. I understand it, I appreciate it, but when it's that close to home I just need to phone it out. I'm a wreck with this shit. Rest in Peace Human's best friends...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:43 pm

@tuor: Well shit. It's really depressing how much that habit is spreading amongst people. Sorry that you have to go through this on top of everything dude but on a positive note at least now you and your fam are aware of this, there was an intervention before something uglier happened, you can pull through this yes? Take it easy and just focus on your present reality for now, do what you'll do and you'll do good you'll see.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm kinda of frustrated because she's had to get stitches for this a couple times before, but not this bad. This time it was so bad they kept her overnight and she's still there. I am hoping that she gets put on some stronger medication, because I think this is a chemical imbalance thing, and not something that therapy would be able to help.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm sorry Tuor :(
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 pm

i just want you all to know i love you all
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks, bro
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext