ari-6 very crappy comic thing

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: ari-6 Art Thread

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:40 pm

The cover art for a 16 page mini-comic I made for my final project in college
Last edited by ari-6 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You should toss some of that skill over here. Or just like leave some pieces on the floor, I can pick it up. Anything, anything at all...even if it's scraps...anything. xD

Do you plan to post the rest of the comic later?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 pm

I applaud your work.

Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Do you plan to post the rest of the comic later?

The original draft was about 50 pages that then got cut down due to time reasons and the art suffered due to timing as well. Perhaps if I feel up to it (and if I manage to learn how to work consistently) I will redraw it how it was originally intended. (Just as soon as I think of a better name than "Fear Reaper")
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Sigment » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:23 pm

That's damn good cover art. What did you name the comic?

The bottom guy remind me of someone, though... Some character from an anime, used a scythe or something. He was a kid though. And no, he wasn't from Soul Eater.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 pm

This looks great. Should you decide to post the rest of it, I'll definitely check it out. The masks remind me a little bit of the hollow masks in Bleach.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks. I never saw bleach but those hollow masks look awesome. His mask was based on Red-x from the Teen Titans cartoon. Because it was such a short comic the story was pretty cookie cutter at best and the main character was a composite of lots of characters I liked. Train from Black Cat, DTK from soul eater, Allen from D-greyman, Hei from Darker Than Black, BRS and the mask from Red-x.
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Oh! Now that you mention it, I can totally see Red X in that Mask.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Brother Orin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I do like the vibe I get from these drawings, very well done, I enjoy art like this all the time.
At your service.

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Dude, love how you've managed to make it look as if the mask can just go off and on. (Should make an animated gif of that or something, hmmm... focusing!) Either way love the mask designs and how 3D they are in the artwork, but I do have the issue they might that the bottom one is a tad too small. That's my opinion anyways.

Also like how you got the emo guy's eyes, they look... so emo. Telling me 'I just don't care'. The ink also goes on so well, I love how you've gotten the black and white, oh it's gorgeous.

But I do have issues besides the bottom person's mask being too small. Apologies if I'm being rude for giving criticism. Probably risky considering I'm not as good at drawing/painting as you Ari-6. But I'm certain I have a right to my opinion. So yes, while the top guy is also lovely, I think you could've done the ear better, I just find it a bit too pointy and somehow looks removable. So yes, I'm saying I don't like the ear, but I will confess that I hate ears in drawings like manga and feel they ruin my artwork when I put ears on (So I tend to put lotz of hair around them). But saying that, the bottom guy's ear is an AA+ considering you have someone who just confessed to hating drawn ears.
Another issue is the top guy's hair. I'm not sure if you did it intentionally, but his pieces of hair looks like if you pulled on it, it would snap. But then I'm comparing this to the bottom guy again, whose hair looks like if I ruffled it, it would feel 'almost' like hair (Well it is hard to draw realistic hair in manga).

Anyways, love it, splendid artwork and just trying to improve giving art critique for this other forum I'm in where you're kind of expected to give decent art critique. Anyways, hope it also leads to helping you Ari-6.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 pm

The ear IS removable. It is a very important plot point. I always appreciate feedback. More so, in fact, than praise. Criticism always helps you to improve where as praise quickly becomes repetitive and frustrating. Thank you for taking the time to critique my work.
gott ist tot

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:48 am

ari-6 wrote:The ear IS removable.

Oooooh!... A++++ then.

An obsessed freak

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Art trade with Mad-Mutt. If anyone else has a DA account and would like to do an art trade or even just make a request then PM me and I will reply when I am able. Image
Last edited by ari-6 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Ha ha! I like this one.

It took a few seconds though for it to click on just who it was that I'm looking at.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Why the hell do I think of the DmC reboot when I see this? Oh, yeah... they gave that Dante a mugshot, too. I did not like that appearance. That being said... this... looks fuckin' awesome.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 pm

This is really, really cool. Love it.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 pm

You can't see my face, but I am in awe at how cool this looks. This is awesome Ari. Thank you for drawing my version of the PPG and I also like how you added a bit of your own tastes to them.

Really, really good work with this one.
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 am

That is stellar. I love the style, shading, coloring, and expressions.

Awesome work as always, Ari.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Wow, a little shocking and strong, but fascinating and curious at the same time. Overall just stellar indeed, have to double on what Brax4 said. There's no anything negative I say about this either and I've been nitpicking on art for a while now. Like super surreal, I've just tried to look hard for something I could say you could improve on Ari-6 and there is nothing. So yes, awesome as cheese on Pizza.

An obsessed freak

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

A really great picture! I love the subtle coloration and apparently someone stabbed Bubbles in the leg but WHATEVER!

Only gripe I have is their facial expressions and eyes (not color) are kind of samey. I feel like they aren't letting off their trademark facial expressions and there's a Kingdom Hearts amount of Zippers on Buttercup; but other than that, the rest is a solid 5/5. 8)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I had decided that I was only going to post new stuff but then I got bored so that did not last long. And this is pretty old. It is a comparison of the first picture of Minnie I have ever drawn next to a picture of her I drew about 6 months ago. I am planning to upload a coloured version of the drawing on the right soon along with some other stuff.
gott ist tot

Postby Sigment » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Your style seems like it was a lot more anime-esque back then, not that it isn't now. Regardless, the development in your skill is clear. Time sure flies when you're getting better at what you do, huh?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Exodis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Wow! Very well drawn! Something about Minnie's nose.. just makes it better.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby noxux » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 am

For some reason the black and white version looks better.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."AC
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
Mysterious fate

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:10 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Randori's deep thoughts...who needs a blow up doll, when you have a rag doll?

c:

*facehoof*

--

WOW THISH ISH AMAZUHNG!!!

I gotta get my project done =.= Or else I can't compare talent levels... D:

You might like this comic, Ari:

http://www.candicomics.com/

Most people think that her art teacher just like VERY modern art when, in fact, it's eventually known that he loves her work. He just wants her to learn every single form of art ever to improve herself. And his pressure on her makes her do it. She's his fav student xD

Anyway, I noticed how well you're able to control dimensions and shading, but not color effects dependent on their own shades - which is necessary to create more depth. I'd suggest learning all kinds of art to get even better. I wouldn't waste my breath if I didn't think you could do it. Trust me - you have the ability to master all aspects of art and apply those plus the odd mind to apply them in magnificent ways. You're work is about as beautiful as you are. ^^
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

PreviousNext

Return to Art