New Grim Tales:"It pains to be a hero" (8/25/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales:"It pains to be a hero" (8/25/2013)

Postby Nell-X » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Of course, more biting.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Re: New Grim Tales:"It pains to be a hero" (8/25/2013)

Postby Guardian » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Bwhahaha.

I got the catch in the second to last panel.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:46 pm

I noticed it a bit too. But I didm't really care too much about it.
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Forgive me but, there are three places to discuss the new page update?
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:06 am

Yup. The comic update section automatically does two for reasons unknown to me. Personally, I'm just thinking of merging the threads in there. And this is the Bleedman section which traditionally supports the comic update threads as well. In ages past, the Comic Update Section worked as a Buffer Zone to keep retarded newbies out of the sacred halls of the Bleed Section where more intelligent forms of conversation were taking place. That's kinda been flipped over.

Technically, there is four places if you also count the Predictions Thread.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 am

Does the Gold/Mod areas have comic discussion threads? I rarely see them in these threads, so I always feel like they're discussing it in their own section.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 am

Ohh hells no. We talk about the site in those and issues that are going on. Like the Art Contest was brought up by Hiroko in the Gold Section and further brainstorming and development occurred there for it. The bleed section is really the only one that has the comic updates in it. Skullboy was being posted in here and I think Bunnywith was too for a while.

I think I'm the only Mod that reads the comics and discusses them, BR is an admin, not counting him. I know a lot read and joined because of the comics, but I don't know if they still currently read them. When I first joined, I was in constant discussions with QU and a few others about them. Really got put under their wings. QU wasn't a mod then though. I don't know why he stopped. He was fantastic in discussions. I should ask him sometime.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:36 am

Well not only is BR an admin, he's also a leading writer, so it's only natural for him to be connected to Bleedman's work.

As to this, we're constantly jumping back to past jokes. Mimi has gone feral again, Mimi is going Muffin mode again, Junior and the Symbiote are disagreeing again... Sorry for being negative but I'm really losing interest here.

Though I did find the suggestion from the nergal to "throw her off the Balcony" to be a rather fresh joke. I chuckled.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:47 am

Blood Lord wrote:the Comic Update Section worked as a Buffer Zone to keep retarded newbies out of the sacred halls of the Bleed Section where more intelligent forms of conversation were taking place.
I was wondering, was it designed with this in mind or did it just work that way? Would it not be easier to condense all three into one? I apologise, I am probably annoying people with all these questions, I will stop now.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:53 am

Your questions are fine. Don't worry about it.

It wasn't intentionally designed that way, but was used that way as a sort of a barrier. I believe the intent was to have a News Section that notified and allowed people to talk about events on the site and what the artists are doing. Use to get a lot of convention announcements from the other artists before they disappeared. Plus notifications of new products from Shark Robot, Dave's online store.

It can be done to combine all three into one, but where would it go? News Section or Bleed Section? One of the concerns when the News Section came online was that the Bleed Section would dry up and no longer be used like EA or DP.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:55 am

Ari, let me make you feel better. From my experience with you so far, you have yet to make a single annoying question. Ever. Everything you ask is legitimate and the answers are only really told through experience or through someone who has experience, so ask away. Believe it or not; some people actually like to answer the questions. 8)

I've been on this site for years and it's always been this way. I haven't been here since conception, so I don't really know the full tale. But I can safely assume that the forum wasn't made this way with the express intention of causing 3-4 different talk threads for the same update. Blordy over here has been on longer, so he has the better opinion on the matter, though I personally don't find a real problem with the current system.

I don't really care for the automatic threads, I usually limit myself to the user hosted update threads. :roll:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:06 am

Blood Lord wrote:Your questions are fine. Don't worry about it.
But every time I ask I am derailing more interesting conversation.
Blood Lord wrote:It can be done to combine all three into one, but where would it go? News Section or Bleed Section? One of the concerns when the News Section came online was that the Bleed Section would dry up and no longer be used like EA or DP.
Dry up? I heard someone say that the purgatory was in disuse but I did not think the same could be said for the EA section. It has much conversation. And running out of words ending in "ap".
Last edited by ari-6 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 am

Ari, your questions are perfectly fine. Quite legit actually. Thinks to the wonderful power of the quote function, one post can have multiple conversations in them. You can even bring a conversation back up from several pages ago, or even from the last update.

But anyways, back to the page. Awhile back some one (don't remember who. Might have been me.) brought up the idea that this muffin could be the thing that brings Junior and Mimi closer together. I would love to see a heartwarming scene between the two. But also I feel like this whole "her biting the shit out of him" bit, is getting kinda old. I would like to see some progress in these two bonding already.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nell-X » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:05 am

Havoc wrote:But also I feel like this whole "her biting the shit out of him" bit, is getting kinda old.

One more bite from her towards anyone and she will henceforth be referred to as Index.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Minnie's composure faltering, is it now likely she will try to obtain the power which was removed from Mimi as opposed to it being a far-fetched idea?

Alternatively, was Mimi's capture premeditated? Could Mandy have had the map that led to her vault planted for Mimi to find (we're still unaware as to how Mimi came into possession of it)? Mandy then plucks the power from Mimi and transfers it to Minnie. Having lost her Nergal Powers, Minnie is re-endowed with abilities that make her of use in combat. Plus, capturing Mimi equals leverage over Him.

The only issue is will that new found power, in addition to the built up rage she already has, fully consume her. One does wonder would she go on a blind rampage as Jr. did before.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby Biostar » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:14 am

Havoc wrote:But also I feel like this whole "her biting the shit out of him" bit, is getting kinda old.

Seems he nergal thinks so too. Hopefully the muffin will chill her out enough so we can deal with other plot threads.

Nell-X wrote:Alternatively, was Mimi's capture premeditated? Could Mandy have had the map that led to her vault planted for Mimi to find (we're still unaware as to how Mimi came into possession of it)?

I was under the impression she got it from Him who got it from these "spies" Grim alluded to. I doubt Mandy planted it since she was so surprised when Grim showed her the map. Not to mention how she would know that Mimi was after something for Him in there.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:08 am

Well, it'd do more damage than kicking apparently, so...wait a mo...no, she's not wearing her heels, biting is the most damage she can do, so biting is what she'll do.

Except now she'll take a break on the muffin apparently.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:38 pm

From what I can predict, she might go after the Muffin lovingly and reaffirm Juniors desire to help her. And give him an opening to ask some questions and progress us past the fluffiness here.

btwDAYUM. The new..... place.... Crap. My eyes are crossing at all the new, clean lines and pure Bleedman background. It's so... clean and bright... Just... wanted... to... My eyes are going in different directions. Happy birthday to me. I'm getting a headache. o.O
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Nell-X wrote:With Minnie's composure faltering, is it now likely she will try to obtain the power which was removed from Mimi as opposed to it being a far-fetched idea?

This has been discussed before. Hell, we even had a talk about what she would look like with the powers. I say it's a very strong possibility, but for some reason, I doubt Minnie would take in the power voluntarily.

Blood Lord wrote:I think I'm the only Mod that reads the comics and discusses them, BR is an admin, not counting him. I know a lot read and joined because of the comics, but I don't know if they still currently read them. When I first joined, I was in constant discussions with QU and a few others about them. Really got put under their wings. QU wasn't a mod then though. I don't know why he stopped. He was fantastic in discussions. I should ask him sometime.

Hasn't Tuor talked about the comics before? Also what about Soth? Granted he's not here anymore, but didn't he talk about the comics. I can't remember.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Havoc wrote:This has been discussed before. Hell, we even had a talk about what she would look like with the powers. I say it's a very strong possibility, but for some reason, I doubt Minnie would take in the power voluntarily.

Blind rage helps. The feeling that I get is if it happens, Minnie is going to be much, much more different than Mimi. Mimi comes off to me as "cool", emotionless, in control. But I think Minnie's form (if this happens) is going to be much more explosive and violent. It stikes me as being "hot", emotions raging, barely in control.

The more we go into this, the more I keep thinking "GT fanfic" go.

Havoc wrote:Hasn't Tuor talked about the comics before? Also what about Soth? Granted he's not here anymore, but didn't he talk about the comics. I can't remember.

I can't remember if or how much Tuor does. I think its the non-Bleed comics. Not sure.

Soth. Hmm, I think he did some when I first joined, but I have no idea with the past year or so.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Minnie performs the Sexy Jutsu! Devil version.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Am I the only one amused by the fact that the Nergal doesn't even react to/feel getting bitten anymore?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Huh. I didn't notice that.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I think he's starting to like it!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 pm

2 masochists. I wonder if Junior/nergal gained +1 Defense to Piercing Attacks.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 am

Blood Lord wrote:Blind rage helps. The feeling that I get is if it happens, Minnie is going to be much, much more different than Mimi. Mimi comes off to me as "cool", emotionless, in control. But I think Minnie's form (if this happens) is going to be much more explosive and violent. It stikes me as being "hot", emotions raging, barely in control.

The more we go into this, the more I keep thinking "GT fanfic" go.

Well, What I meant was; as it sets, Minnie probably doesn't even have it in her head that this "thing" that was extracted from Mimi, would even help her gain power. It probably hasn't even crossed her mind. However I had a thought today. What if that Synbiot- symbyot- fuck it, whatever it's called, could communicate? And what if that thing could sense Minnie's despair, talk to her, and convince her to let it merge with her?

I'm also still considering my first theory that The power could simply break out of the container it's in, and fuse with Minnie. If she just so happens to be in the vault room at the time that is. As for how Minnie will act if the whach-ya-ma-call-it takes her over, I'm not really sure. You might be right with her going completely berserk, however from what I've seen with Mimi, It looks like that power was keeping her under control. Once she lost her powers, she kind went all feral. So I have to wounder if Minnie would become all emotionally numb too.

Blood Lord wrote:I can't remember if or how much Tuor does. I think its the non-Bleed comics. Not sure.

Soth. Hmm, I think he did some when I first joined, but I have no idea with the past year or so.

I've seen Tuor post in the PpGD pages before, but not so much the Grim Tales ones. Also there's Grids, but he's not around anymore.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)