Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:01 pm

The problem with prequels is that you know whats going to happen. I would be interested in a halo game, however, that took place on the planet harvest. Then again, I am just interested with anything that says the word "halo" in that iconic font.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:21 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:The problem with prequels is that you know whats going to happen.

You missed at what I was getting at.

You know Reach Falls. That's mentioned all the time. Technically, not all of it has been glassed, but that's besides the point. I hate that you know what happens to your character before the game really starts.

I'm arguing why the fuck they though it was a good idea to have your helmet lying in the ruins of a battlefield. It's completely obvious that no matter what you do through out the game, you are still going to die. It's like if you rewrote the 6th Harry Potter book to have Dumbledore die in the beginning and then jump back and hint about what happens the rest of the time. It was annoying as hell going through that game and thinking "I'm going to make it" only to remember that first cut-scene.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm

This is the part where I mention Reach is my favourite next to 3. Slightly off body proportion aside.

Look at where the bullet hole is at 4:14, odd proportion indeed.
Last edited by top gear tony on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm

I forgot that this existed and I got confused because I thought this was the thread I had just posted in and now everyone is talking about Halo. I always preferred the PS over X-box but I still considered buying one so I could play Halo because I enjoyed watching RvB so much. Then I stopped playing video games and never thought about it again. I saw some demos of Halo 4 and I thought it looked pretty cool because of all the new additions like super speed, Infrared vision or the AT-ST's. I figured that adding more and more things must surely be a good thing because it creates new ways to play.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm

I love the walkers in Halo 4. If you got a good team that can cover you, you can dominate the new Valhalla without a problem.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:54 pm

I've never been a shooter fan, and I don't think Halo would ever make me one. I tried when I was younger, but it never stuck.

*shrugs* Just not my thing.

But what's a shooter title that would be interesting to someone who's not a shooter fan?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:19 am

Interesting question. I would try third person shooters instead, like Gears of War. Still a shooter, but not in first person. FPS is what I think about when people are talking about shooter games.

Then there is also Mass Effect, great game. Its a RPG but when the battle kicks up it becomes a third person shooter.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:20 am

I dunno, fps's are pretty casual. What is it about them that you don't like?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:24 am

Nothing really about the games themselves. I can play games with FPS qualities like the Bioshock games or Golden Eye, but anything else never captured my interest.

It's hard to explain.
An Optimist

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 am

I do not like FPS either but I really enjoyed F.E.A.R and the sequel project origin. They had a really interesting story in my opinion. Something else I really enjoyed which had shooter aspects was Transformers: WFC but that could be because I really like Transformers.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Tuor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:53 am

I fucking love FPS's
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 am

A lot of people are suffering from FPS (or shooter) fatigue. The FPS has become the go too genera from hashing out games. Like platformers in the 8-bit days and fighters in the 16-bit days. I also don't see them fading out as fast as those either.

Now that most people have grown out of coping Call of Duty we're seeing some interesting things being done with the shooter type games. Some even trick you into thinking they are some generic clone and then presently surprise you (Spec Ops or Binary Domain anyone?). But I think most people hate that since hight octane/Michel Bay like cheep thrills are selling well, a lot of companies are warping their franchises to fit the market. Even ones that make no sense (Resi 6 and Syndicate).

There are plenty of pallet cleansers out there though. Like the awesome looking Sonic Lost Worlds or Rayman Legends.

A little edit: So anyone seen Pacific Rim?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Tuor wrote:I fucking love FPS's

This.

top gear tony 666 wrote:A lot of people are suffering from FPS (or shooter) fatigue.

But also this. Which is why I started playing Assassin's Creed.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:41 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:A little edit: So anyone seen Pacific Rim?
Yes. I found it very disappointing. The references to Evangelion as well as others were numerous but I would have much rather seen a live action Evangelion movie.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Sigment » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Me being an Armored Core fan, the first 30 seconds of the theatrical trailer had me thinking of it.
ari-6 wrote:The references to Evangelion as well as others were numerous but I would have much rather seen a live action Evangelion movie.

Giant monsters Vs. giant robots? Yeah, I can see the resemblance. Never watched the anime, though.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 pm

There were other similarities, big, small numerous.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby top gear tony » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
top gear tony 666 wrote:A lot of people are suffering from FPS (or shooter) fatigue.

But also this. Which is why I started playing Assassin's Creed.

Assassins Creed was one of my first next gen games, so like Halo 3 I have a soft spot for it. But yearly releases have worn me down and Assassins Creed 3 had me less then enthusiastic about it's future. Then they showed number 4 and you play a British Pirate so now I'm back to oiling up my thighs again.

But I'm going to be weary this time and hope it doesn't lose sight of it's main draw and get bogged down like AC 3.

ari-6 wrote:
top gear tony 666 wrote:A little edit: So anyone seen Pacific Rim?
Yes. I found it very disappointing. The references to Evangelion as well as others were numerous but I would have much rather seen a live action Evangelion movie.

I wasn't. In a typical summer blockbuster release wave that was bookended by re-makes and sequels or anything with a franchise worth trying to re-imagine and sell (Lone Ranger what the fuck happened?) Pacific Rim was one of the only fun and original things I seen in a typical big block busters for a while. Now we also have Elysium. Another present surprise.

Pacific Rim was the big budget monster mashing movie people like me have been asking for without having to bring up Bay-formers.

And even if you didn't like it there's always Grown Ups 2. Anything's better than After Earth.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm curious about that Alan partridge movie. Going to see it tomorrow.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Hadn't even heard of that one.

But with Pacific Rim, I was all but in love with it since the beginning. That, my friends, is how you do a current generation giant monster movie. Also, after hearing that GLaDOS voice I just couldn't stop laughing and cracking jokes about it with a friend.
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:59 pm

There's a promotional video that plays out like an old rubber costumes Godzilla movie. And it has the fucking Game Grumps, total win.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Mine is probably more of a UK movie.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Awesome video! there are a couple of other gamers I would have liked to have seen but it was still hilarious and epic. I wish it had been made into a movie.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby top gear tony » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah. That woman and fat looking dude suck. I tried watching some of her videos before and found she has absolutely no personality.

But still Game Grumps. Although I much prefer the new combo of Dan and Arin to John and Arin.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm

So, aside from Coos, who here plays Disgaea?
An Optimist

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:14 pm

I've actually got disgaea 3, but didn't finish it.

Amusing story,
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter