Request's (Please read the first page)

Info on new stuff coming/being worked on for Snafu.
Also, post/Report bugs/problems you may find, here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Request's (Please read the first page)

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 pm

My life is a lie.

Edit: Wait, you mean like, we can send the PMs to multiple people, and they do they same, basically creating a cheap secondary chat system?
I like it, makes me feel poor.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah. But everyone in that group receives a message from everyone in the group. So if you and another person goes crazy, the other person might wake up to 50+ PMs.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brax4 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:09 am

I've had a tough time staying signed into Snafu's forums. It was okay when we first got the new layout, and before that I could stay signed in. But it seems lately if I log on, then close my browser (Google Chrome), I get signed out, even when I check the "Log me in automatically" box.

Still not a huge issue for me, but quite irritating.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:31 pm

I'd like to aim the attention of everyone towards the banner again.

The writting is too basic and it should mix perfectly with the characters, but sadly it isn't doing that.
Make a banner focused around the name of the place, make the characters pop outta said name.

Someone summon Mirak.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Bring in the Drug signal.

It's like the Bat signal, but less batty and more psychedelic.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Re: New Forum Theme

Postby Belwicket » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm

I do have a suggestion. I think it would be good if each person could edit the page to be whatever colors they wish through their profile options somewhere. Anybody agree?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tuor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:48 pm

That would be kinda cool, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement with this forum
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm

You mean forum skins?
Some more minimalistic forums would allow you to choose from even 5 different skins, but all of them normally default, like subsilver, prosilver, etc.
Snafu has many functions and elements that would not blend in well with a different colour theme. And so it would require a lot of work, and re-working many assets, images, icons, and so on. I think we should focus on utility more than on looks, other than making sure it looks clean and easy to read.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 am

I do know this one website that allows for the users to choose from a variety of different banners. That was cool, but they would also randomly change if you didn't set them...

I agree that color scheme change would be too messy, but we could think of the banners idea as a future upgrade.

But lets get through this one first.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey thomas is there a way to make like a cookie that remembers our reply options, so that if i check the "disable smilies" box next time i want to post it's still checked?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thomas » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:55 am

Maybe.
I'm kinda scared shitless of the quick reply feature, cause its one of the few mods that was installed before I started working on the forum.
What is mean is that this mod was installed when snafu was on phpbb 3.0.4(its currently on 3.0.11) or some shit, so it's an old mod, and it was installed manually and not with auto mod.
It also seems to wanna murder the whole forum when I try to remove/fix it.

So it might take some time before I make any sense of it.
I bought a winrar license
Thomas

Power level: 57'000
Origin story: ?

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:19 am

Well, when you took the color pallete out of the Quick Reply, you also took it out of the regular reply section as well. From where I'm standing, it looks like editing one changes the other, so if you want something more stable to edit, edit the regular reply section if you haven't tried that already. Just an observation.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Thomas » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Well, when you took the color pallete out of the Quick Reply, you also took it out of the regular reply section as well. From where I'm standing, it looks like editing one changes the other, so if you want something more stable to edit, edit the regular reply section if you haven't tried that already. Just an observation.

Yeah that I know.
I'm just gonna have to do some tinkering until I figure shit out
Thomas

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Using my PS3 to log in, the menu bar at the top of the page stretches too far right to let me access PMs directly. Disabling it from scrolling left and right should fix it.
Demon of Elru

Postby Mathias » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Is there still that problem where sometimes you click on a post in search or to view a blocked post and it directs you to the wrong page?

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:16 pm

In the mobile version, I would like to see one's avatar off to one side. Using only usernames to distinguish one post from another looks a little dull.
Never anger a magician

Postby Tuor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:24 pm

At this size the avatars would look all smushed and weird
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:40 pm

There's something that has been bugging me since the new theme came out.

Every button is right, except for this one. It always has a different colouring around it. Don't suppose you'd mind fixing that up, would you?
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Same goes for the warn user and information buttons next to the report button.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 pm

In the other thread you brought up screen resolution being the reason that the snafu banner looked off on some computers. Will it also affect the way that images are viewed on mobile devices? When I'm on my iPad, the larger photos get cut off while I'm in desktop mode. I usually just flip over to mobile mode to view the whole thing so it isn't that big of a deal for me, but I was curious about it. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:In the mobile version, I would like to see one's avatar off to one side. Using only usernames to distinguish one post from another looks a little dull.
I want to shoot down this idea. I like my bandwidth consumption being low.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Plus, can't you already view peoples' avatars by simply looking into their profile?
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:01 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:In the mobile version, I would like to see one's avatar off to one side. Using only usernames to distinguish one post from another looks a little dull.

Nope, the less images in the mobile theme, the better.
Hiryu wrote:There's something that has been bugging me since the new theme came out.

Every button is right, except for this one. It always has a different colouring around it. Don't suppose you'd mind fixing that up, would you?

Yeah i've been kinda putting that off for some time.
I'll get on it soon

Cerulean wrote:In the other thread you brought up screen resolution being the reason that the snafu banner looked off on some computers. Will it also affect the way that images are viewed on mobile devices? When I'm on my iPad, the larger photos get cut off while I'm in desktop mode. I usually just flip over to mobile mode to view the whole thing so it isn't that big of a deal for me, but I was curious about it. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

I sold my iPad so I can't experiment as much.
But I'll look into it
Thomas

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 am

I wish for there to be a way to hide threads and their posts, at least in spam.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 am

The enemy option lets you block certain users' posts.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Dev forum