Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update: Wha...?)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm

I did not intend for Spike to have wings for this one. I was already taking a few liberties with his adult design I didn't want to go any further than I already had. I gave him the extra spikes along his body as something to give him an extra edge due to his lack of wings.

As for what my opinion on Spike having wings is:
I'm fine with people giving Spike wings. I don't know if that would be something I'd do though, not just because it seems to be canon, but because its something that separates him from other dragons and gives him an extra layer of the unknown. Why doesn't he have wings? And how does he use magic fire breath?
Again if people like to draw or write about how Spike eventually gets wings by either magic or just growing them in, I'm fine with it. But personally I prefer him without wings.

Although, it would be kind of cool to see Twilight riding on the back of a flying dragon...
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:42 pm

The Terrorcorn (first creature design)
--

One of two requests from ndogmario (a guy from deviantart) in exchange for a favor.
I wasn't going to post this here at first, but I figured, "What the hell why not."
So have some freaky looking MLP art.

He asked me to make some monsters for a fanfic of his and gave me a very basic sketch of them to work off of. The sketch of the terrorcorn was a simple little thing and I played around with it some. I couldn't tell if the "horn" was suppose to fire or some wonky looking appendage so I took a guess. The sketch had a chain tail, but I went with something that would give it more control over what I assume is its main weapon. There was also a weird little tail sticking out of the back of its head and I saw it as a little parasite like creature that has attached itself to its brain.
Maybe this guy was once a normal unicorn, until that thing borrowed into the back of his skull and changed him.
Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 pm

To be honest, I've seen freakier MLP art.

Don't quite know what to make of it. You're description of it makes me think of Zerg infestation.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:11 am

Of course there's more F'ed up stuff than this out there. Hell, this is tame in comparison to a lot of stuff.
Go check out the Tartarus Project if you want to see some really messed up Grim Dark stuff.
(Only if you're actually interested in Grim Dark)

As for its appearance, this was a request and I only went by what the guy wanted it to look like while playing around with the design in slight ways so I don't know what to tell you there.

Thanks for the comment all the same.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Teeth
--
Wanted to practice drawing some ugly and jagged looking teeth on what might've been a cute face, so I made this. Not bad for a first attempt, but next time I try this I might try to go uglier.
This character doesn't have a name or a back story as of now, this is the first time I've drawn her that isn't some little sketch.
--
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am

You know I really like this a lot Mutt. Maybe it's the cute but dangerous vibe I get from it. Nice work.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 am

Thank you for the comment Cerulean.

Finished another drawing I started a while ago:

New Reaper: Mandy
--
Title says it all.
I'm guessing at some point Grim found a way to con this demanding job off on her. And I always thought he was a bit of a dummy.
If you've happened by my journal entries on my DA I was talking about who the three next fighters where going to be in a CN: POE versus comic. (A comic I based off of a fighting game featuring CN characters)
I already have the previous battle that was "Blossom vs Aku" on this thread, but I don't know if I'll post the next one here or not. I don't know, I'm still working on "PPG: A Major Loser" and I have another comic planned so I have time to think about it.
Anyways about the drawing:
I tried to play around with Mandy's outfit so her design looks interesting while also looking reapery. I don't know about Billy over there though, I don't draw him too often and he looks kind of wonky.

Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:24 am

This has been sitting on my DA page for a long while and I just realized I've yet to post it here:

PPG: A Major Loser - Page 12
--
Bark

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:21 am

Who needs superpowers when you have a table?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:23 am

You got that right.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 pm

PPG Villains: The Gangreen Gang
--
A little drawing of the Gangreen Gang. They were pretty fun to draw, especially Billy. Arturo looks a bit creep back there riding on Billy's back. I'm kind of on the fence about Snake's design, I kind of like how he turned out, but I think he should've been more... snakeish. I do like that nose though.
--
Bark

Postby Brax4 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm

I think you drew Ace perfectly, the others are also pretty good and show their personality, but I applaud you the most on Ace's design.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 am

Thanks a lot for the complement Brax4.

PPG Characters: Professor Utonium, Sara Bellum, Robin Snyder, and Ms. Keane
--
--
I felt like I needed to practice some stuff like shading, faces, and other details and features of people so I drew some characters from Powerpuff Girls that I don't usually draw that often in this style.

Professor Antonio Utonium: According to the internet that is his actual official first name. I like a bit more than John as he's also known as. I've drawn Utonium before, but this design is bit different than usual. I wanted him to look older while also looking like he's aged rather well despite having three kids with super powers and being a single parent. I gave him a better trimmed beard and shorter hair than I usually do. I think he came out looking kind of cool.

Sara Bellum: I don't usually try to draw attractive ladies, but this came out look okay for a first shot. We only got to see her face for like a half second in the show and her eyes were closed, but the fandom has seemed to all agree that her eyes are green and I think its a good color for her as well. I tried to make her look pretty in a classy sort of way. She looks good for a lady in her mid-40s that's for sure.

Robin Snyder (or is it spelled Schneider?): First time I've ever drawn the neighbor and friend of the Utonium family and she looks okay I think. I think I should have given her a nicer expression, but everyone else in this was already smiling, but she's a teenager now so cut her some slack. Will the Utonium Triplets I usually try to draw them as girls who while still small, also look physically fit and strong because they're superheroes and they get a pretty good work out everyday with the crime fighting. I of course went with a different approach for Robin here, trying to make her look girly.

Ms. Keane: One of the few characters I don't know the first name of. I've only drawn Ms. Keane once before and like with Utonium I wanted her to look like she could be in her mid-40s, but she's aged rather well. She's looking good for a lady who has to put up with a room of screaming kids for several months a year. I'm not sure if I have a good look for her down quite yet, but I'm getting there. I try to make her like a warm and kind looking lady.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 am

I see that you gave Sara Bellum a haircut. Is that just a preferred hairstyle for you, or do you have trouble with drawing curly hair? If I'm being offensive, I apologize.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm curious as to what program you use... That's if you use a program anyways, but I assume this is digital art.

I do like how you do eyes. Mostly the lines around them, going to have to learn how to do that a bit more with my drawings. Also the noses, I like the way you do noses and the expressions I also like as well as the collar bones, you defiantly do collar bones better than me, which I'm jealous about.
But I'm very certain you really need to do some work on the hands. I am going to be open about this, I dislike the way you do hands. Make them look like they do have bones instead of having them like like they're made of dough. I'm probably going to get the feck kicked out of me for being harsh, but I just don't like those hands. Also if I'm not being despised now for hating those hands. Could you raise your ears a bit higher, like on Professor Utonium and Robin, they just don't look right to me that low.

Hope you do appreciate the comment anyways and that it does help.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 am

@Sigment Kurosai:
Its a preferred style, I wanted to see what she would look like with straighter hair. I don't draw curly hair often, but I don't think I have problems with it.

@WalrusM3:
I know my other name here has the word "Mad" in it, but its going to take a lot more than a few suggestions from a fellow aspiring artist to make me angry. I tend to get a lot of complements for how I do the eyes or faces, but that the first one I've ever gotten for collar bones.

And yes, this is digital art. I use to do only traditional, but now I do mainly digital. I use a Bamboo Drawing Tablet and the program I use is called Autodesk SketchBook Express.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am

Phew, that's a relief, sorry but I'm not as egotistical/arrogant critiquing people's drawings/paintings than I am critiquing stories. So yes, goody-goody, though never heard of Autodesk SketchBook Express. Take it you're not into Vector art though?

An obsessed freak

Postby korikou » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am

You use the bamboo tablet!? Awesome! The AutoDesk program is sweet but I felt like it didn't leave me with many options so I got Paint Tool Sai instead, your art work is very impressive but I do agree that the hand need some work (not like I can be talking with my crappy hand right now) Anyway, I really like your take on these characters and cannot wait for more!
Pie Master

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Thank you Korikou.

Some more drawings I made along side the last one:

PPG Characters: Officer Perez, Princess Morebucks, Him, Ima and Cassy Goodlady
--
--
Perez: He only appeared (I think) in the episode "Cop Out" and he was a regular police officer and that's what I liked about him. In a town filled with super powered children, mutants, monsters, interdimensional beings, subterranean fiends, and walking talking bacteria it was cool that we still had characters like Perez who were just cop dudes doing their jobs. I know he's not mentioned much, but I think he's cool.

Princess Morebucks: You know her, you hate her, its Princess "Screw you I'm rich" Morebucks! In my own personal headcanon, as Princess grows up, she just becomes eviler as shit. Going from a selfish, spoiled and whiney brat who always has to get her way, to a selfish, spoiled and sociopathic monster who always has to get her way and if you tell her "no" then you're gone and the authorities won't even find your body. She has the money and the influence to pay off almost anyone and hire anyone to get rid of almost anything or anyone she doesn't like. Princess once said that money is the best superpower and she's got a lot of it and she knows how to use it. Sinking her claws into any shady operation she can get her hands on in Townsvile and having her hired goons dispose of anyone who crosses her. And if she ever gets into some bad trouble, she'll just donate a bunch of her money to charity and all will be forgiven and forgotten. Oh, and she hired some guys to develop some more advanced power armor for her so she can go toe to toe with the PPG if she ever needs to.

Him: [Information Removed]

Ima and Cassy Goodlady: This is just an idea I had at the time I started this. Ima Goodlady use to be a criminal who decided to go straight after her daughter was born. How this kid came to be is unknown for now. Ima has no plans to return to crime, but old habits die hard and living paycheck to paycheck can get rather frustrating. For those of you know don't know Ima Goodlady was an alias used by the villain Sedusa and Cassy does not have the same hair powers as her mother.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Okay, nice lips and I'm a guy who hates lipsticks on women (I'm not a make-up fan). Also have no idea why, but your version of Princess Morebucks is attractive and that is weird (Well I'm attracted to a friend's drawn, isn't that creepy?). Also think your facial expressions have been much improving overtime. No idea much else to add though, I already said stuff I didn't like. But the two characters at the top still need their ears raised a bit more. But Ima and Cassy are good though. So I'm impressed over the progression.

An obsessed freak

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 am

I like the character profiles you drew here Mutt. There is something that catches my eye when I look at Robin's profile, however, and that's her ear. It sort of looks like it is extending into her neck? Other than that, though, I like these. I especially like how dark and creepy Him was drawn (I feel like I can take this Him a lot more seriously from a design stand point). My favorite of these is probably Princess Morbucks. She looks like she has lost that childhood "innocence" and become significantly more cynical about life. I also love her new hair style. Good job c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Brax4 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:42 pm

I see a lot of improvement with your art Mutt, very nice. Posing seems to be going good, clothes folds seem better, and coloring is improving. Keep at it.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hanging Snatcher
--
Its a mouth inside a mouth that's inside another mouth that also has green tentacles and lots and lots of drool.
I just wanted to draw a strange monster.
--
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 am

Holy feck on a stick! Just what were you dreaming about last night!... Have pretty good idea what I'll be dreaming about tonight o.O

The art is very visual anyways and this is certainly something I could not think to do, at least for quite sometime. I'd quite like to see the sketch for this if you don't mind to take notes for my own purposes. Anyways that is just beautiful perspective, it certainly looks as if you've got one creature being coughed out of another. Teeth are gorgeous and the colour is wonderful. Plus that shade, shade really does bring it. So does the saliva, it's a bit ghosty that slimy, but heck, it's satisfactory.

If I want to criticise something though, it's the tentacles. They don't look slim or wormy enough. Again this is just nitpicking, so I'm not strongly against it, probably not even mildly, just trying to help identify an area.

Again great work.

An obsessed freak

Postby Brax4 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am

Reminds me a lot of Venom mixed with Alien. Looks pretty crazy, and all the affects add a nice visual.
[ LVL 131 ]

PreviousNext

Return to Art