Request's (Please read the first page)

Info on new stuff coming/being worked on for Snafu.
Also, post/Report bugs/problems you may find, here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Request's (Please read the first page)

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am

Ahh, the famous white flash.

Happens on rare occasions. At the last glimpse of the board a white flash shoots out of the monitor. Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it, and some say... that it signals when a post comes back to this forum, from deletion!
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am

@ Q.U.: Personal taste, you don't have to worry about my silly opinion it.

And as for those pics:

2. Think it's okay now. Before the crown was about 4/3rds the normal size and Grey's was slightly distorted with letters widened. But looking fine now.
3. Using Firefox 16.
4. Image

I remember with the last version it was a simple line that told you everything you needed for that one thread, but it's a little more heavy on the left side of the screen now and, again, feels more clustered compared to the last version. Not a bad thing, just a personal nitpick. And yeah, those are the white boxes I meant Q.U. Speaking of, not partial to the boxes around the page numbers either. Just another nitpick.

Also also, with all of these theme remodels will there ever be one made to the front page? Or has it been said that can't be altered? Asking since with all these improvements on this end, looking at the front page is kinda disappointing.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 am

Read this before you post again in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55101

Yes, he said main site will be redone.

3. Using Firefox 16.

How retro.

Also, Tom. One thing that we would really need in order to be able to move forward with the forum changes from the mod team's side is the auto-bronze system. I think BR must have spoken to you about it, we have been tweaking the concept a lot over time, but I think we are more or less where we need to be. So for now, I'd like your opinion on whether or not this is feasible. Because in case there are some things that would be unreasonably difficult to do we will take this time while you work on other things to rework the concept around any problems. You can reply in that thread if you want to add anything or discuss something, or PM me. Or, I'll be on skype later today.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:34 pm

On the molbile version (for Iphones at least), It's very difficult to notice blacked out text for me and read them. Unless I directly quote them. Can you change that a bit?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:On the molbile version (for Iphones at least), It's very difficult to notice blacked out text for me and read them. Unless I directly quote them. Can you change that a bit?

I'm probably gonna redesign the whole mobile theme, so when the main forum is done, I'll get on that.
So hang on tight
I bought a winrar license
Thomas

Power level: 57'000
Origin story: ?

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 pm

If my input is worth anything i really like how fast it is at the moment due to the fact it has very little image data to download and i'd like if that was kept that way in case there was going to be a graphic overhaul of some sort. Ideally i'd like if it kinda mimicked the current full site in a ultra-minimalistic version.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Mir@k wrote:If my input is worth anything i really like how fast it is at the moment due to the fact it has very little image data to download and i'd like if that was kept that way in case there was going to be a graphic overhaul of some sort. Ideally i'd like if it kinda mimicked the current full site in a ultra-minimalistic version.

Sure
Thomas

Postby Sentios » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:55 pm

It seems to happen any time there isn't a cache of the latest version of the site or if you force a refresh. So it happens when he's updating the site or on the initial load of the site (you'll see it every time you come here if you have your cache autoclear on browser close most likely)

Unsure if there's a way to fix it, it may have something to do with the length or the complexity of the style code or it could simply be a result of the priorities given to different elements of it. Tired now if that didn't make any sense.

Edit: On the plus side it does seem to appear less frequently so it could also have something to do with site activity or server demands.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Sentios wrote:It seems to happen any time there isn't a cache of the latest version of the site or if you force a refresh. So it happens when he's updating the site or on the initial load of the site (you'll see it every time you come here if you have your cache autoclear on browser close most likely)

Unsure if there's a way to fix it, it may have something to do with the length or the complexity of the style code or it could simply be a result of the priorities given to different elements of it. Tired now if that didn't make any sense.

Edit: On the plus side it does seem to appear less frequently so it could also have something to do with site activity or server demands.

One problem is that I do not have founder status, and so there is a few tools I can not get access to.
On of them being purging the forum cache, forcing it to update stuff.
That is also often when errors come up, cause they have not happened yet and I have no clue there even was one.
Thomas

Postby Brax4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Thomas wrote:
Brax4 wrote:2. If the member does not have a self-proclaimed title, then their username appears to sit on top of their avatar without any space in between. Users like Yog, the 'g' in his name actually hangs behind his avatar.
3. About the same issue as number 2, and I only noticed this on one member, it's Grey, his username sits on top of his personal banner and will probably be fixed by fixing problem 2.

I also forgot, the [show] / [hide] button isn't working for the quick reply. Once again, not a major issue.

Can you provide print screens and your browser?

I'm using Google Chrome, the issue appears to be fixed.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby noxux » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't know if this is just in my browser or if they are changing it but the gender icon disappear.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm

noxux wrote:I don't know if this is just in my browser or if they are changing it but the gender icon disappear.

it is cause I forgot to put the back again
Thomas

Postby noxux » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
noxux wrote:I don't know if this is just in my browser or if they are changing it but the gender icon disappear.

it is cause I forgot to put the back again

Oh,ok.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:17 pm

On my end there is officially nothing left to test anymore. All that's left to do is settle into the new theme of the site. Thanks for working so diligently again, Tom. If I find any other problems I'll be sure to drop them in here, though I doubt there are any left. I'll take my leave now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh yea, I read the mention of changing the comic page, something I wanted to ask/request

PRESS THE ARROW KEYS TO CHANGE PAGES!

That is all, thank you for your time.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Oh yea, I read the mention of changing the comic page, something I wanted to ask/request

PRESS THE ARROW KEYS TO CHANGE PAGES!

That is all, thank you for your time.

I support this.

Funny little twerk if you have time: Make it so we can invert the colors on comic pages. Heheheh... Or save that for April Fools. :P
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:09 am

This I just found.
So whenever I go to the "Comics" section and go back to the "Forum", the banner is gone, left with only name of the site "snafu-comics."
Care to check that out?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:46 am

It's still there for me
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:26 am

Huh, that's odd... maybe it's just my browser (Google Chrome).
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 am

Maybe, I use firefox on this particular comp
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Running Firefox right now and the banner is gone. The Snafu part is still there. I thought it was taken down to be worked on.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm on chrome now and the banner is still there when I do that
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Not so much as a request, but a question. Do you plan to have chats/PMs that can have over 2 people? Like a private chat that you can invite 5 people to.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Tuor wrote:I'm on chrome now and the banner is still there when I do that

Weird. It's gone for me.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not so much as a request, but a question. Do you plan to have chats/PMs that can have over 2 people? Like a private chat that you can invite 5 people to.
You can already add multiple people as recipients of a PM
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Dev forum