Request's (Please read the first page)

Info on new stuff coming/being worked on for Snafu.
Also, post/Report bugs/problems you may find, here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Request's

Postby Exodis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Oh, I just remembered somethin'.
Thomas, I was always wondering why almost every member (excluding those with special titles) have the title "Needs To Post More".
I was wondering if you could either explain it or remove it... or both.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Hiryu wrote:Oh, more things to point out!

• The special titles, like your crown, aren't aligned with the usernames.
  • Normal titles need to go back to being above the avatar.
  • Gender icons aren't showing. Need new ones?

Fixed
I bought a winrar license
Thomas

Power level: 57'000
Origin story: ?

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Dude I miss the bleedman banner already. You could have just made it smaller and slightly thinner, then put the big 'snafu-comic.' sign on it (it looks funny lol.)

The banner actually adds some style too. Continue to re-adjust the alignment of things here as well and it'll be all set. Can't wait for the redesign of the whole website, glad that you've noticed the weirdness with forum theme and the main website theme.
Last edited by Wulfespinndel on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Hiryu » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Awesomesauce. And how are on regular titles? Can we use commas, exclamation marks and whatnot or is that still buggy like hell?
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Hiryu wrote:Awesomesauce. And how are on regular titles? Can we use commas, exclamation marks and whatnot or is that still buggy like hell?

Would love to be able to use all of that; I think we're all grown up now to not screw it up again.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Quick reply test

EDIT:
K, quick reply looks like balls but works, so you'll have to manage for now until I style it properly.
Thomas

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 pm

For now, there's something glaring that I've noticed so far. It's little.

When I switch locations, like if I were to select the Board Index, my screen would be a giant white board with the words Snafu Comics across it. This could last a fraction of a second, or several seconds depending on how long it takes to load.

I'm personally surprised that we are going through another site update in less than a year. I'll see if there's anything left that sticks out. Let me just see how links, quotes and quoted links look real quick.

Link test.

Edit: I also notice it doesn't say if people are online. Is this intentional or just not implemented yet?
Edit2: Nevermind, I see it. It's small now, kind of inconspicuous. Ignore the edit.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Birdofterror wrote:For now, there's something glaring that I've noticed so far. It's little.

When I switch locations, like if I were to select the Board Index, my screen would be a giant white board with the words Snafu Comics across it. This could last a fraction of a second, or several seconds depending on how long it takes to load.

I'm personally surprised that we are going through another site update in less than a year. I'll see if there's anything left that sticks out. Let me just see how links, quotes and quoted links look real quick.

Link test.

Edit: I also notice it doesn't say if people are online. Is this intentional or just not implemented yet?
Edit2: Nevermind, I see it. It's small now, kind of inconspicuous. Ignore the edit.

on the far left, there is also a purple border.
That only shows if the person is online.
Thomas

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I think you may have already noticed, but in case.
There's 2 sets of color options, it stretches the quick reply area.
snafu-comics, the missing s is just annoying me.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Personal preference, not really anything broken, though.

When I go into Spam for example and see all the conflicting colors it almost gives me a headache, or at least just looks annoying. From the polarizing Light Gray to Dark Gray coloration in between threads, the white names, gold names, teal names, blue names- teal page numbers, Red Locked thread icons, Purple sticky thread icons and Redirected thread icons- it's a very large pain on the eyes. I'm usually chill about these things, but it seems kinda clashy, so I'm just putting this out there. Sorry for the quick re-post, but there was a chance this could get missed it was a mere edit.
on the far left, there is also a purple border.
That only shows if the person is online.
Ah, so I see. Thanks for that.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I think you may have already noticed, but in case.
There's 2 sets of color options, it stretches the quick reply area.
snafu-comics, the missing s is just annoying me.

Yeah I know, I just removed one of the sets
Thomas

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 pm

I've never used a quick reply before. Testing Testing.
Edit: How have I never used that before? Convenient.

Bird oft Error

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Going to bed now.
Keep posting changes and whatnot you peeps want on the forum.
gnight.
Thomas

Postby Exodis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Good night. I'll probe for weaknesses (Without breaking any rules this time) while you're gone. I'll post what I find here, as well as any suggestions I can think of.

Edit For Above Post: I think that's there if your posts equal less than 1% of the forum. As the forum's life continues to go on, it can be hard to pass 1%. I think you need about 3+ thousand in order to make it go away.

Edit2: Nevermind, it would take a WHOLE lot more than 3 thousand to make it 1%. Though I think it may not require 1%, it may be a bit lower.

Regardless, it's based on your amount of posts if that answers your question.

Bird oft Error

Postby Hiroko » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm

I think we need a link back to the comics added to the bar, as I can't seem to see a link for that, and I'm sure people reading the comics will need that.
The Sentimental One

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Several Things, of which I'm sure were called out by others before, but still calling out.

Avatars aren't centered anymore and can cause titles/name/avatar combos to seem very weird. Names and Titles seem to be Centered, but Avatars seem like the odd ones out.

Also I went down to the Art Section to see how posted pictures were holding up through the transition and noticed that they "weren't" stretching the pages, but they were cut off by the end of the page until they finished loading, causing some pictures to be cut in half until the entire page loaded; which could take a while, especially if it was a gallery thread.

Edit: Also Hiroko is right, there isn't a dedicated comic link up.

Bird oft Error

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Avatars need to be centered with the names, a few users with smaller avatars have them really far to the left compared to their name and it doesn't look right.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I found another very very nit-picky problem.

If you were to start writing something, if you were to scroll down enough, your text would be cut off from the hanging bar. The Forum-FaQ-Search-Members bar.

This is only really a problem if you scroll down then select the chat box to start typing then noticing that there is a 0.8 inch bar in the way of your text. Not much, I'll keep looking.

Edit: Testing Smilies. :evil: :!: :grin: ;) :( :? :mrgreen: :frown: :idea: :D lol :twisted: :P :O :) :up: :'( :down: :| >:( :eek: 8) :roll: :right: :redface: :left:

Edit2: Seems good. Not broken like last time. Time to keep looking.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Randori wrote:Oh, I just remembered somethin'.
Thomas, I was always wondering why almost every member (excluding those with special titles) have the title "Needs To Post More".
I was wondering if you could either explain it or remove it... or both.

It's kind of a placeholder until other things get put in.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

There seems to be a few issues with avatars.
1. You've probably seen that there is a centering problem, which makes the avatar left and their name centered.
2. If the member does not have a self-proclaimed title, then their username appears to sit on top of their avatar without any space in between. Users like Yog, the 'g' in his name actually hangs behind his avatar.
3. About the same issue as number 2, and I only noticed this on one member, it's Grey, his username sits on top of his personal banner and will probably be fixed by fixing problem 2.

Also I'd rather the title of the page be Snafu-Comics, not Snafu-Comic. (This one really is just personal preference, so it doesn't matter if the title changes or not)

None of these are major, just cosmetic.

EDIT.
I also forgot, the [show] / [hide] button isn't working for the quick reply. Once again, not a major issue.
Last edited by Brax4 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Hiroko » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 pm

On another note...I think some of the things people are experiencing seem to be inconsistent? While many people are reporting the flash of white screen while pages load, I actually haven't seen this at all myself.

Additionally, people are saying that the Names and Titles are centered while the avatar is not--which isn't entirely the case for me, as only the titles and title banners are centered, but both the names and the avatars are left-aligned.

Not quite sure why that is.
The Sentimental One

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 pm

The white flashes were addressed earlier. Too make a long explanation short and simple.

Thomas was still fixing up the site, so whenever the white screen pops up, it means you're reloading the new page with the changes. They should've stopped now, since he's no longer tinkering with it.

If they are still persisting, then I have no idea :p
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brax4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

What browser are you using Hiroko?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Cerulean » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 pm

The flash doesn't happen (for me) while switching forums anymore. However, when I refresh the site the white flash comes up again.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Dev forum