The Weight of Lineage

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Weight of Lineage

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 am

Maybe she would take on the looney toons fighting style, although I doubt it as if anyone but Mimi used it, it would not be as amusing. A thought occurred to me, How powerful would Minnie's spirit be in the ghost zone. I think she would at least be blue or violet.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:16 am

I'm afraid that I don't know enough about the show to understand these classifications.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:22 am

It is the chromatic scale of Ghost powers. You can determine how powerful a ghost is by it's colour scheme and the colour of its ghost rays. It is White, Green, Blue, Violet and Red in that order. I do not think it was ever stated in the show or by the creators but I have noticed it is something that all ghosts (with the only exception being DP himself) conform to. I feel that something like that could not be a coincidence and must have been in the creators minds somewhere when designing the characters.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 am

I just realized, nergals have only been shown to procreate with humans. If Nergal Jr, is assumed half nergal half human, isn't Minnie technically only a quarter nergal? The nergal gene must be dominant in some aspects.

As for Minnie, I think a fair guess as to why she isn't a ghost is because...
Ghosts are bounded by turmoil, and are at unrest
Minnie has made peace, to an extent, where she wouldn't be a ghost
She was a wandering soul, not a wandering mess of emotions

Just my thoughts.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yamitora1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:You can reread back through the comic and see that Mandy is still alive and in an immortal state kept there by Grim. Recall that Grim (I'm going to be paraphrasing here, but the intent is the same) made a deal with Mandy; join me and be my wife, or get reaped and move onto the next life.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=29
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=32

It isn't a hypothetical question or something that can be subjective to the reader. It's a quite clear and obvious fact. Mandy accepted Grim as her husband and became immortal as the "bonds of mortality were cut". Grim didn't kill her, she didn't die. I suspect that the bonds are chains that are link to the hourglass and represent the limitations of mortality. Not to mention should she have died, her ability to have kids would have gone to nothing. She wouldn't have been able to reproduce in a dead body.

I see, her hour glass did play a big roll in things, and Its hard to remember but I think the hour glasses come with a rope or chain to suspend them with. Maybe those are the bond in which you speak.

Blood Lord wrote:
Again, if we would take sometime to read the comic, you would recall that Nergal Sr clearly explained why he couldn't bear children.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=79
1: He is death. It would go against the very fabric and laws of nature for Death to bear children.
2: He has no organs to do so.

Now in regards to Grim's origin, I again side with the idea that all of the skeletal characters have been birthed the same way as Jr was. This point at least allows the multiple origin creations in the TV show to be able to work without an interference or conflict from any of them. This way he could still in inherit the role from his father or win it in a voting contest.

Grim wasn't always death, he came into the power. Perhaps before he got the mantel, he did have some form of reproductive ability? Jr. Might also have some ability, at least until he assumes the mantel himself. He did reap Minnie If I recall correctly, but that was more or less an unofficial act. When Grim became the reaper, he became death itself and thus did become a force of the universe and bound by natural laws that not even Dexter with an I.Q. of over 9000! could break.   damn dbz, its burned in there *looking at own brain with hot branding iron laying next to it that says "over 9000!" on it in backwards   

Its possible that normally living skeletons have some way to bare children unless they are the reaper, Grim does have a brother, parents, and a grand mother and great aunt that we know of. Some kind of family bound exist, but like you said, they might have had to do what grim did, which technically would make grim and jack not brothers in any biological sense but an adoption sense.

On the show Bleach, many of the families in the Soul Society are not actually related, and people take in and adopt those who recently crossed over from the world of the living. Even if a mother and child were killed at the same time, its possible for them to both be separate and likely never see one another again. I remember something of that nature involving the boy spirit who was inside that bird, and then when Chad met him in the Soul Society it was revealed he hasn't found his mother yet.

With that said, I guess its likely the living skeletons can't reproduce at all and all "children" are nothing but the aborted/miscarried fetuses from the world of the living which they then adopt.    (man that is just so depressing)    But ever since Grim became death any baby that never got to draw its first breath of life is kind of his. So whatever system the skeletons used in the pass, after Grim became the reaper things might be a little more awkward.

Jack Skeleton: Oh dear, our child is so thin and boney, he's perfect!
Baby skeleton: you ain't my daddy, he's my daddy! *points to grim who was outside walking up to the porch, coming to see his new "nephew"
Jack Skeleton: Sally, how could you!?
Sally: o.O

Awkward... :unsure: And lets not even get into how hard Jr.'s romantic life will be since He can't date any other skeletons since they're all his siblings.

Jr.: Will you go out with me?
Girl Skeleton: Eww, no; I'm your sister!
Jr.: .... o.O
Minnie: :redface: so thou would date her but not I? *holding giant spiked club
Jr: .... :eek:

So much awkwardness can come about this.

Blood Lord wrote:To a point. The only Nergals that we have seen so far, aside from Sr, is his son and Minnie, both of which needed a partner and could not of been the result of asexual production because a partner was used. An asexual organism would have the perfect genetic copy of the parent and look the same as the parent. However, we can see that the method used to create Minnie and Nergal Jr were results of sexual production as we can see it in the comic from being told, and from the physical traits of the Nergals.

I've already indicated that the Nergal symbiote would be a manner in which would aid Jr in reproduction by at least passing itself on. How much of that genetic material is also Minnie has yet to be completely seen.

I was more or less speaking about the lesser Nergal demons (nergalings i think?). Nergal Sr. and Nergal Jr are higher Nergal demons. What I mean is the little goblin looking ones used in Nergal Sr. explanation of the eye thing. I was under the impression that the nergalings or all nergals not Sr/jr were more or less like clones and had 0 variance and were essentially the same creature down to the supernatural subatomic level.

I seem to have gotten my facts mixed up (I read this stuff months ago, so its a miracle I remember much.) Somewhere the wires in my brain got crossed when it comes to the nergals passing down their memories and grim saying something about all nergals having some kind of link to Nergal Sr. @_@ Moving on
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby geminidragon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 pm

ok... so the mom wants her daughter to get her son? wow, HELL is so complicated....
WISDOM= It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.

Postby DuncanWarlord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm

I knew Mandy was a biotch but to shoot down her own son. SHE IS TRUELY THE BITCH QUEEN!!!

Postby DuncanWarlord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Yamitora1 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:You can reread back through the comic and see that Mandy is still alive and in an immortal state kept there by Grim. Recall that Grim (I'm going to be paraphrasing here, but the intent is the same) made a deal with Mandy; join me and be my wife, or get reaped and move onto the next life.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=29
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=32

It isn't a hypothetical question or something that can be subjective to the reader. It's a quite clear and obvious fact. Mandy accepted Grim as her husband and became immortal as the "bonds of mortality were cut". Grim didn't kill her, she didn't die. I suspect that the bonds are chains that are link to the hourglass and represent the limitations of mortality. Not to mention should she have died, her ability to have kids would have gone to nothing. She wouldn't have been able to reproduce in a dead body.

I see, her hour glass did play a big roll in things, and Its hard to remember but I think the hour glasses come with a rope or chain to suspend them with. Maybe those are the bond in which you speak.

Blood Lord wrote:
Again, if we would take sometime to read the comic, you would recall that Nergal Sr clearly explained why he couldn't bear children.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=79
1: He is death. It would go against the very fabric and laws of nature for Death to bear children.
2: He has no organs to do so.

Now in regards to Grim's origin, I again side with the idea that all of the skeletal characters have been birthed the same way as Jr was. This point at least allows the multiple origin creations in the TV show to be able to work without an interference or conflict from any of them. This way he could still in inherit the role from his father or win it in a voting contest.

Grim wasn't always death, he came into the power. Perhaps before he got the mantel, he did have some form of reproductive ability? Jr. Might also have some ability, at least until he assumes the mantel himself. He did reap Minnie If I recall correctly, but that was more or less an unofficial act. When Grim became the reaper, he became death itself and thus did become a force of the universe and bound by natural laws that not even Dexter with an I.Q. of over 9000! could break.   damn dbz, its burned in there *looking at own brain with hot branding iron laying next to it that says "over 9000!" on it in backwards   

Its possible that normally living skeletons have some way to bare children unless they are the reaper, Grim does have a brother, parents, and a grand mother and great aunt that we know of. Some kind of family bound exist, but like you said, they might have had to do what grim did, which technically would make grim and jack not brothers in any biological sense but an adoption sense.

On the show Bleach, many of the families in the Soul Society are not actually related, and people take in and adopt those who recently crossed over from the world of the living. Even if a mother and child were killed at the same time, its possible for them to both be separate and likely never see one another again. I remember something of that nature involving the boy spirit who was inside that bird, and then when Chad met him in the Soul Society it was revealed he hasn't found his mother yet.

With that said, I guess its likely the living skeletons can't reproduce at all and all "children" are nothing but the aborted/miscarried fetuses from the world of the living which they then adopt.    (man that is just so depressing)    But ever since Grim became death any baby that never got to draw its first breath of life is kind of his. So whatever system the skeletons used in the pass, after Grim became the reaper things might be a little more awkward.

Jack Skeleton: Oh dear, our child is so thin and boney, he's perfect!
Baby skeleton: you ain't my daddy, he's my daddy! *points to grim who was outside walking up to the porch, coming to see his new "nephew"
Jack Skeleton: Sally, how could you!?
Sally: o.O

Awkward... :unsure: And lets not even get into how hard Jr.'s romantic life will be since He can't date any other skeletons since they're all his siblings.

Jr.: Will you go out with me?
Girl Skeleton: Eww, no; I'm your sister!
Jr.: .... o.O
Minnie: :redface: so thou would date her but not I? *holding giant spiked club
Jr: .... :eek:

So much awkwardness can come about this.

Blood Lord wrote:To a point. The only Nergals that we have seen so far, aside from Sr, is his son and Minnie, both of which needed a partner and could not of been the result of asexual production because a partner was used. An asexual organism would have the perfect genetic copy of the parent and look the same as the parent. However, we can see that the method used to create Minnie and Nergal Jr were results of sexual production as we can see it in the comic from being told, and from the physical traits of the Nergals.

I've already indicated that the Nergal symbiote would be a manner in which would aid Jr in reproduction by at least passing itself on. How much of that genetic material is also Minnie has yet to be completely seen.

I was more or less speaking about the lesser Nergal demons (nergalings i think?). Nergal Sr. and Nergal Jr are higher Nergal demons. What I mean is the little goblin looking ones used in Nergal Sr. explanation of the eye thing. I was under the impression that the nergalings or all nergals not Sr/jr were more or less like clones and had 0 variance and were essentially the same creature down to the supernatural subatomic level.

I seem to have gotten my facts mixed up (I read this stuff months ago, so its a miracle I remember much.) Somewhere the wires in my brain got crossed when it comes to the nergals passing down their memories and grim saying something about all nergals having some kind of link to Nergal Sr. @_@ Moving on

OK I JUST READ ALL OF THAT AND NOW MY HEAD HURTS!!!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh my dear child. thou hast not seen anything as of yet.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Imagine two people doing posts like that. Now imagine a few more.

Wincest is something. I'm still surprise rape hasn't been mentioned in the series.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Rape is not really needed to make a story "dark and edgy". But in a story which has tactfully addressed such topics as incest, abortion and 911, I am also surprised rape has not been mentioned.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Given that a corpse would likely have non-functioning tear ducts, assuming it even had tear ducts... no. I wonder if the essence would allow her to form weapons in a similar way that the Nergal symbiote did.

I think she would fight similarly to the way Mimi does, but instead of materializing whacky objects she would make guns, tanks, fighter jets and other stuff like that.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Na, I think Minnie would stick old school. Bows and swords.

A thought, necrophilia is surprisingly not mentioned much in threads, considering the comic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Well, it is disgusting as shit.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Wouldn't be the worse thing to happen, or be implied in this comic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:19 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Na, I think Minnie would stick old school. Bows and swords.

Hmm yeah that does seem more like her style. On a different note it's been bothering me for a while, but I finally realized who HIM reminds me of.

Donquixote Doflamingo

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:48 am

DarkKing wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Na, I think Minnie would stick old school. Bows and swords.

Hmm yeah that does seem more like her style. On a different note it's been bothering me for a while, but I finally realized who HIM reminds me of.

Donquixote Doflamingo

Who the f*ck is that. He makes this guy look somewhat more sane? Image
I am probably bullsh*ting myself, but your guy seems really really creep, as in Silent Hill creepy.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Archrival » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 am

Ah Doffy, yeah that guy is slightly batshit but he's extremely clever, he's from One Piece and is the main villain at the moment. In the series    he has a special devil fruit of some kind that allows him to control people physically as if they were puppets, he's also holding a fighting tournament with the prize being the main character's 'Brother's (They merely spent time as kids together to the point of being like brother) devil fruit which allows the eater to be made of fire and control it which Ace (The brother) used to powerful effect.   
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby DuncanWarlord » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:04 am

ok there 3 things I have on my mind right now.
1. Since Minnie didn't shoot that either means she scared that she would hit junior or that he would find out she did it and hate her forever.
2. What happened to Junior's blade wings they were awesome looking?
3. Finally and I think everyone can back me up on this and to say that Mandy is the meaning of the words, Heartless, Cruel, Mean, and most importantly, WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A BIOTCH!!!
If you have read this thank you for your time. Bye.

Postby DuncanWarlord » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 am

[quote="Tenshi Nova"]Na, I think Minnie would stick old school. Bows and swords.

Hey nothing wrong with going old school style. I myself prefer the to watch old tv shows compared to day's tv shows and I'm only 15. Same goes with history. I prefer the old times were the wars were fought with bows and blades. Even though a good old fashion shot gun to the face is always a nice touch if in war.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Wait, did we just go off topic? To talk about One-piece? I find it strange that the Anime and Manga thread does not have more posters. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55054&start=75
As for Minnie's fighting style, I agree with Tenshi, I do not think it would change much in a week http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=44 even if she is making use of a new skill set.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 pm

I hope the next thing Grim Jr. learns to make with his nergal powers is a laser cannon like Nergal Jr.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:34 pm

@Dr. Mandalor
Stein's not too crazy when compared to many others.

@Archrival
A bit of an over explanation over there, I think a simple, Donquixote Doflamingo is a twisted mob boss, slave trader, producer of mass destruction, that owns an island. Would be vague, but enough to get the point across.

@ari
More shameless advertisement! High 5 :D

@DarkKing
Laser cannon. I think we all remember when Junior almost shot off that blast after Phantom's. Seeing him get flashy with it would be fun, Like Kid's Execution Mode from Soul Eater.

Also, something I'd like to mention, is anyone still hoping for Mimi to hallucinate Blossom?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 am

ari-6 wrote:As for why she did not remain a spirit? This is not one of the plains where spirits have physical forms. My guess is a ghost wondering around like they are alive would create problems. She could not really be heir to anyone and there would be no semi-incestuous skinship of which she is very fond and also no archery practice.

I never really thought about that. I assume she would be tangible in the entire underworld. I mean, it kinda deals with dead people in a way. The thing I've always figured was that if her soul remained outside her body for too long, it would become "corrupted" in some sort of way. Like in Bleach how a soul becomes a hollow, or Soul Eater where the soul becomes a kishin.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Also, something I'd like to mention, is anyone still hoping for Mimi to hallucinate Blossom?

I would. Since I'm the one who originally suggested it, I would be entitled to brief bragging rights.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:53 am

I think It would be awesome if he did love her back that way later on in the comic ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!