New Grim Tales Comic: "The Weight of Lineage"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 am

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby KATS_Lion » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Wow Mandy can be such a bitch sometimes. Even to her own kids. Love the story though! keep it up!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 pm

It's funny how this thread doesn't get all of the discussion anymore even though the page is right there.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm

These days, everyone posts one the Artist comment thread, if there is one. When there isn't we usually post on the update thread.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:40 am

The Artist comment thread even gets more than the Bleed section one. However in all fairness, I bet there are a lot of people that don't even know about the Bleed forum in the first place.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:19 am

The page thread is probably the most obscure. People click the page to read, and see the artist thread. Sometimes it leads to the forum threads when they have no comment. The page thread's link is on the home page, a place people mainly use to click on the pictures.

idk if I'm repeating common knowledge, because that's what it feels like :/ But in case it isn't thought I'd share.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm

I dunno how the system works. I go straight to the index page when I come here.

Havoc751 wrote:The Artist comment thread even gets more than the Bleed section one. However in all fairness, I bet there are a lot of people that don't even know about the Bleed forum in the first place.

I'm guessing this is to be the case and some are probably not aware of the rest of the forums either.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 pm

The way I experienced the forum was as follows
When there was a comment, a link takes people to the artist thread
When there isn't one, a link take people to the Bleed forum
Curiosity brought me to the board index
In comic updates I saw that there are 2 thread for a page
Later on I found the link to the page thread, is placed in below the undersized picture of new pages, making it easily ignored.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:31 am

Blood Lord wrote:I'm guessing this is to be the case and some are probably not aware of the rest of the forums either.

There are those that don't seem to use there profile for anything else, but to comment on the latest comic update *cough*   shadownerd221   *cough*. But to each their own I guess.
I wonder if there's anyway someone could make an account, log in, and comment on the Artist Comment Thread, all without knowing about the board Index? Or do the majority of the users here in the "Comic Updates and News" section, just not give a shit about the rest of the forums?

Tenshi Nova wrote:The way I experienced the forum was as follows
When there was a comment, a link takes people to the artist thread
When there isn't one, a link take people to the Bleed forum
Curiosity brought me to the board index
In comic updates I saw that there are 2 thread for a page
Later on I found the link to the page thread, is placed in below the undersized picture of new pages, making it easily ignored.

The funny thing is; the way I became acquainted with the forums here, was by sifting through the comments about GT and PpGD, to find out rather or not they were connected. Needless to say, I was so relieved to find out that they didn't connect.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 am

If you click the post reply button (I'm guessing this happens on the comment on this page button as well) it makes you sign in, then takes you to a post reply box. So I think it could be possible to click the button and then only go through like that and remain oblivious to the rest of the site.

But the again there is a very good chance that most stay in here and are either "too afraid" or "don't care enough" to check out the rest of the site. Which is like going to a awesome party and only hanging out in the front of the building and never really going in.

I don't understand it.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 am

Maybe they saw other newbies getting told off. I know that made me hesitate for 2 days, then I got impatient and dived head long. Same goes for other sections, thought about for a day or two, then thought, too lazy for this, and dived in again.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KATS_Lion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:55 am

Okay now this doesn't have anything to do with what you guy's are talking about. But does anyone else find it awesome that Bleedman takes time to answer us normal people lol I just really like how you actually talk to your fans. It show how humble you really are.

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:16 am

I emailed Bleed about a week ago, and never heard anything back. :unsure:

Wow Mandy can be such a bitch sometimes. Even to her own kids. Love the story though! keep it up!

Some one pointed out in one of the other threads that this could be good parenting, in the form of tough love.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 am

Bleedman answers us? When? Where?
Just going to throw this out there, since I had this misunderstanding during the first couple days I read the forums, Blood Lord and Bleedman are two separate people. Could just be me and my own incompetence, but I didn't realize they were different people until seeing Blood talking about Bleed in the third person.

As for the tough love thoughts everyone is having, I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned in the other threads too, but...
Minnie died, and now she has to live her life as a doll, assuming that Mandy was having kids to beef up her realm, she went from having the future reaper, and a nergal, to a nergal reaper hybrid, and a doll.
Just my opinion, but either Mandy actually cares for Minnie enough to not throw her weakness aside, and help push her into becoming stronger through any means necessary
OR, she's a bitch that doesn't want any blemishes when it comes to her bloodline, and she's forcing Minnie to be better to save face, so to speak.

I prefer the first option, make Mandy seem more human, in a strange 'Queen Bitch of the Underworld' kind of way.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KATS_Lion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 pm

My bad lol. I thought he was. Sorry blood lord. Oh and just saying I know I sad Mandy is a bitch but that's what makes her Mandy. I think they are taking her character down the right path.

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Hahahaha! You thought Blood Lord was Bleedman? How hilariously awkward. But in all fairness, both their names have to do with hemoglobin. LOL

But anyways; about Mandy. So far it's hard to tell if she actually cares for her kids or not at this point. However the mystery as to rather or not she does, makes a good hook in the story. I'm sure when Bleed writes for her character, it becomes very difficult to strike a balance between maternal, and sadistic.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Na. Mandy just shot at her own son, knowing he wouldn't die due to the nergal. Mandy can be as sadistic as she wants, all she would need is reason and some fancy words to make it look like it's a maternal reason. The line is now blurred further.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blade » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 am

It's hard waiting for more :( ... But the comic is just so good that I will. :D

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 am

Welcome Blade, want to share any opinions on the comic? Conversation in this thread is a bit dry.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Havoc751 wrote:The Artist comment thread even gets more than the Bleed section one. However in all fairness, I bet there are a lot of people that don't even know about the Bleed forum in the first place.

Blood Lord wrote:I'm guessing this is to be the case and some are probably not aware of the rest of the forums either.
I would say I am an example of this. I remember how long I spent in the page updates before I discovered the rest of the forum. I am still not done finding all of it, I am just afraid of discovering that it is actually much bigger than I think it is and I get overwhelmed.
Blood Lord wrote:But the again there is a very good chance that most stay in here and are either "too afraid" or "don't care enough" to check out the rest of the site. Which is like going to a awesome party and only hanging out in the front of the building and never really going in.

That sums up the only party I ever went to.
KATS_Lion wrote:My bad lol. I thought he was. Sorry blood lord.
Do not listen to what anyone says! Bleedman and Blood Lord are the same person! It is a conspiracy! They all thought I was MAD! The truth will be revealed!
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:29 pm

I would say I am an example of this. I remember how long I spent in the page updates before I discovered the rest of the forum. I am still not done finding all of it, I am just afraid of discovering that it is actually much bigger than I think it is and I get overwhelmed.

We got what... 11 or 12 sections that you can see, I actually see 2 more than you (Gold Club and Mob Lounge). So that's it. The Sections are relatively simple and are close carbon copies with each other. Most of them containing specific rules for that section (1 art thread per user for example) and a talk thread. But each section is also its own community with some members never posting outside of their section, but those walls are coming down.

So its nothing like DA's forum.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Too bad Bleedman and Blood are completely different, literally. Race, hair, tattoos, body type, height, speech patterns, religion and BAMF'ness.

The multiple communities are strange...they all have pros and cons. The main one imo, is the 'exclusive' force that comes of each one.

To think ari, if you showed off your sketches a bit, you'd be over run by hordes of 'hipsters'.
Wait what? Comic discussion. Conspiracy. In the first panel there's 7 feathers, in the last 8 feathers, this is a 1up. Minnie has lost one eye. Coincidence? NO, MINNIE SHALL SOMEHOW GAIN ANOTHER EYE!
My work here is done.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote: I actually see 2 more than you (Gold Club and Mob Lounge).
Mob lounge? Blood lord is working with the Mafia! The web of deceit is slowly unraveling!
Blood Lord wrote:So its nothing like DA's forum.
DA has a forum?!
Tenshi Nova wrote:Too bad Bleedman and Blood are completely different, literally. Race, hair, tattoos, body type, height, speech patterns, religion and BAMF'ness.
Maybe that is just what he WANTS you to think!
Tenshi Nova wrote:To think ari, if you showed off your sketches a bit, you'd be over run by hordes of 'hipsters'.
What exactly is a hipster?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 pm

ari-6 wrote:DA has a forum?!

http://forum.deviantart.com/

Tenshi Nova wrote: In the first panel there's 7 feathers, in the last 8 feathers, this is a 1up.

Could be a foreshadow of a future boob job.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 pm

So, it's not really plastic surgery, it's more like tailoring.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!