Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Cerulean » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 pm

@Tiki
No I didn't read Chibi vampire's manga, but I am curious now. Was the final spell that happened at the end of the anime also in the manga? Do you know how long it is?

I know what you mean about absolute boyfriend. After I finished reading I looked all over for an extra chapter, but alas, no dice :c I still liked it though.

@Mutt you know I had a serious head desk moment when I finally realized who was in your avatar. I can't believe I didn't recognize her.

I just remembered another anime that got under my skin: Tayutama kiss on my deity. The art bothered me for some reason, but that wasn't the reason it got under my skin. I think it had something to do with the main character....I don't remember. I just remember the feeling it gave me when I finished watched it, which wasn't good.

Some other anime that I remember liking include: Sakamichi no Apollon and Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Flower shop ghosts (Natsuyuki) and Jazz music (Sakamichi). They were interesting shows to watch, and I liked watching each character (in both) grow emotionally.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Cerulean wrote:@Mutt you know I had a serious head desk moment when I finally realized who was in your avatar. I can't believe I didn't recognize her.

I'm pretty sure you're not the first who took awhile to remember that is actually nightmare Jeri from Digimon Tamers. That D-Reaper story arch got surprisingly creepy for a kids show.

Speaking of which:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNIXPXv21w8
Bark

Postby MissTikilicious » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 pm

@Cerulean
No, that spell scene from the anime did not come out in the manga. Unfortunately, because that episode was my favorite for the soul reason that Karin took a level in BAMF! Upside is that Ren gets the most Funny Karma ever! The manga also differs from the anime by having a bittersweet ending. Also, I'm not sure, but I think that at one point that another manga by the same author/artist has a special where it crosses over with Chibi Vampire.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Cerulean » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 am

Funny karma and a bittersweet ending you say? I'm in then. It seems that there are roughly 58 chapters, so it shouldn't take that long to read (when I get to it).

What do you guys think about the Gintama series? Is it a good show? Does it take time to build up? Funny?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 am

So I just started reading the Madoka prequel Oriko Magika and unlike the manga adaptation of the anime, this is not at all disappointing. It feels like watching Madoka again for the first time. Image
So much fun! So what are other people reading, I wonder.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:19 am

Wow, that looks interesting. Is that brand new (just started recently) or has it been out for a while?

I just caught up on Ore to Atashi no Kareshi-sama (notice the avatar change c:) and I am now alternating between Nadeshiko Club, Tennen Pearl Pink and Confidential Confessions (which I'm starting tonight). I'm reading a few chapters of each every couple of days. The first two are ok so far. I think I might add Chibi Vampire to the rotation in a couple of days.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 am

You are taking my suggestion?! I am sooo happy. Unless you hate it in which case I am sorry. "Is it new?", probably not but it is new to me. I have an idea. When we talk about new manga we are reading, we could include a scan of a page in the description. A page that sums up the atmosphere of the series but is not too spoiler'y. Sometimes it is better to show than tell.

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 am

Of course I did, it does sound interesting after all c:. That sounds like fun. Sure, I'll give it a shot then when I get around to reading CC tonight. If not a page, then at least a cropped panel.If no one else posts after me, I'll just edit this post with my opinion on it thus far (along with picture/panel) tomorrow.
(I take that back, I'm just going to update this post regardless of whether or not someone posts after I do c:)

EDIT: This was different. It takes on a more realistic approach to real life issues than that of other mangas that I've read. It is a very bittersweet manga, and at times can feel extremely depressing. However, it doesn't get so depressing that the overall message of each arc fails to come through. I feel like this picture sums up the internal journey that the main characters go through throughout the first two arcs (without giving away too much detail).
I almost stopped reading it, but I'm glad that I didn't.
Last edited by Cerulean on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:41 am

POST c:

Anyone could always just link a page, rather than post the picture if you feel it's too 'spoilery'. The point of the thread is to have no spoiler restrictions.

Blue, who's you new avatar? I knew your last was, Risa(I think her name was,) from LoveCom.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Ok then, shall we say: insert or link for ordinary page and link for pages with immense spoilers.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Seeing as every post here should already be assumed a spoiler, there's really no need to warn others. If it's a link, people should be able to tell how spoilery it is through context.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 pm

@Tenshi Her name is Chouko Hanamura. She's from the manga Ore to Atashi no Kareshi-sama. In this particular picture, however, her twin brother (Hayate) is inhabiting her body. It's a gender bender and body swap manga that is very short, but pretty funny c:

I'll probably end up changing it soon (ish), this one doesn't quite click all that well. I'll be testing a few out from various manga over the next few days to find one that does.

Edit: This is Shirayuki from the manga Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. It's a fantasy story with fairy tale elements scattered throughout the story. It's a pretty good read, and I like it a lot. I'll admit I expected something different of the main character, however, I was still pleased with her character.
Last edited by Cerulean on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Now isn't this one cutsie. Interesting enough though, she's the second Shirayuki I know of. The first would be Mizore, from Rosario Vampire.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Is this one also a ninja like Mizore?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

I don't believe so, I haven't read it, but I've heard of it. I remember the name and face because I found them both pretty :p
She constantly reminds me of Makoto(IdolM@ster) for some reason, idk why but she just does.

I feel like making my avatar based off of some manga/anime character now. I enjoy expressing my strangeness though...wonder if there's a character up to the challenge.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and give feedback on something I suggested. Even if you did not enjoy it I really appreciate hearing the someone else's opinion on the book. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me about Rosario Vampire and maybe recommend it. I saw a couple of the covers and the art is very impressive but does the story hold up?

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm

@Tiki no she isn't a ninja, but she is a pharmacist. One of the other characters (whose name escapes me at the moment) is an assassin, but I think of him as a ninja due to his clothes. I like to think of it as an easy going manga to read, but there are moments of excitement. I'm going to have to re-read it once it is completed (the updates take a long time).

@Tenshi I remember her vaguely. I remember watching Rosario Vampire season one, but not watching season two. That was a while ago, though, so I don't remember much about the series. I'm sure you'll find one :p if I come across a weird one (manga/anime) then I'll let you know

@ari no problem c: It wasn't the most entertaining manga that I've read, but I didn't hate it. Actually, I appreciate the seriousness of the manga because it doesn't cheapen the message(s) it is trying to get across. It was enjoyable in its own way. I'm planning on reading the remaining arcs. Thank you for the suggestion c:

I didn't read Rosario, but now I'm curious (always looking for more to read :p). Comparisons and differences to the anime?
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 pm

K, trust my opinion. Rosario Vampire anime. Shit. Short and simple. Don't question it, trust me. It's Shit.

Rosario Vampire Manga. Better. Imo, it's not the most interesting but I still keep up with it. Releases chapters once a month. Harem, Ecchi, Action. About a boy that somehow getting accepted to a secret school for monsters. I enjoy it because of the creatures mentioned, very diverse. It's not a very memorable one, I keep up with it for the sake of a friend, he loves the manga and wants talk to me about it whenever a chapter comes out. I only suggest it if you're okay with lots of random ecchi moments and predictable fight scenes. All in all, I'd give it a 6/10 for my opinion of it. But for a view based off of other manga of the same genre, 7/10.

If you're even thinking of asking about the anime, I advise against it. I will be a cruel asshole about it, I'll probably spoil the entire anime, which doesn't spoil the manga at all. The anime and manga shouldn't even share the same name, it was so shit. It's like, comparing Avatar: The Last Airbender to the movie Last Airbender. It just shouldn't exist. But, if you're curious about it, I'll save hours of your time and shy you away from that mess.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm

What about comparing Avatar: The legend of Ang to Avatar: the legend of Korra. Just wondering what opinion you hold about the sequel in regards to the original. Not trying to start a new topic as I know there is a thread for that. Please do not spoil me for season two

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 pm

The sparknote's version? Tsukune Aono's an Ordinary High School Student, as they all are. Then, completely by accident, he gets accepted to a school where youkai or monsters attend and are taught how to be human. Before he gets to school, he has a run-in with Moka Akashiya, who turns into a powerful, super-vampire and occasionally sucks his blood. Other than being a little light-headed, Tsukune now finds out he has a kinda-sorta girlfriend. Thing is, every guy on campus is also after her. As a member of the school's newspaper club, he's also surrounded by a harem of cute monster girls who are also competing with Moka for his affections.

While the manga starts off as a harmless Monster of the Week, it slowly becomes Darker and Edgier. One of the two major recurring issues is that humans are forbidden in the monster realm. This is originally more of a precaution, though the Public Safety Commission has reinterpreted the mandate to be an instant death sentence for any "filthy human spies" they find. The second is something very serious that happens to Tsukune, which to go more into detail about it would spoil a major plot point. The anime, on the other hand, is a Lighter and Softer romantic comedy with Panty Shots Up to Eleven. Sure, it borrows some of the plot from the manga, but that pretty much stays on the background (entire arcs are reduced to single episodes, just to give an idea).
Overall I give it a 8/10. But than again that's just me might not be everyone's cup of tea.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh, I must also mention. A good point in the manga Tickle implied, they play out the racism card very well. Not just humans, but the races within the monster realm. I applaud them for that. Making me remember that, my personal opinion matches my objective one. 7/10.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Not sure if this is the thread to post this (maybe it should be in the Toonami thread, or maybe it shouldn't be ANYWHERE) but this really excites me. While wandering around youtube I found this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNQfbXDSbY
Since the original show was so dear to me (see my comments in the nostalgia thread two or three years ago) when and if this even becomes avilable, I'd love for some channel to take it up. Nickelodeon would be the obvious choice since 1. They were the showers of the original, 2. The snimation style is sort of like some of what they came up with (in things like their version of Speed Racer and 3. The fact that they did things Speed Racer and Voltron Force shows they don't necessarily have a problem with shows whose originals are probably too old for their intended audience to have ever seen.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:36 pm

They're doing a remake of Mysterious Cities of Gold? Dang, that brings back memories. I mean, doing a series of Berserk movies is one thing, but... just wow. The original was indeed good Mon-K. I'd dare say it was the Avatar: The Last Air bender of its day and it was a pretty good adventure show. The animation looks really good, but I wonder how much of the stuff they did in the original is going to be there.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:38 pm

The character animations look off to me. Is this whole thing cell shaded?

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:They're doing a remake of Mysterious Cities of Gold? Dang, that brings back memories. I mean, doing a series of Berserk movies is one thing, but... just wow. The original was indeed good Mon-K. I'd dare say it was the Avatar: The Last Air bender of its day and it was a pretty good adventure show. The animation looks really good, but I wonder how much of the stuff they did in the original is going to be there.

That's just it, it isn't a re-make, it's a SEQUEL. This is what comes AFTER the original. They're listing this as a second "season" of the show (presumably they mean series, since the original had more than one season I think) There's a into promo somewhere up on youtube (alas only in French) that sets up the new events and while my French is terrible, I distinctly heard Esteban say something about doing something in his father's memory and his father didn't die until the last episode of the orginal series (come to think of it, Esteban never found out El Dorado was his father. Maybe he was referring to one of the fathers at the monastery where they were. There is of course also the obvious point that at least some of this new version appears to take place in what looks like China, which wasn't in the original. Maybe they're trying to work out where the rest of Tau's people got to (while the English dub says Tau's people are from Hiva in the original he was from Mu, which would be somewhere in the Indian Ocean. So Tau's some of Tao's people might have wound up in China, or visited there).
As for what will come back, hard to say. The Golden Condor is of course still there, as are Mendoza, Sancho and Pablo And I think that there were two people in that opening I mentioned who are probably Gaspar and Gomez. One thing that probably ISN'T still there are the Olmecs. Having them as little bald underground goblin people was OK in the 1980's but I imagine that in these days of increased sensitivity, implying that the ancestors of some Latin Americans have devolved into "monsters" is probably too un-PC to let pass.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)