(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: (Re)Destroy/(Re)Build OOC - Sign ups still open! Come all!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Vegedus wrote:Bel rolled 20, and Drake 4. The lowest possible result for him.

idk, technically my track history is better. <3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Zelosse » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Won't be able to make a post till Monday. Going to the waterpark with Seirui and my family tomorrow.

Cheers, friends.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Hope you all enjoy yourselves! :D
Rocks

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 am

What Tenshi said! XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:42 am

I can live with delay since you're not in this RP :D
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Hmmm, slave bound? What would happen if he agreed(or loses a roll) and I blasted the two of you apart? Does it null it, and cause a 3 way FFA with you two thinking, "That guy first."
Rocks

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:05 pm

No idea. I assume Dean would remain slave bound and help Drake fight. Or he might just run away. Either way, there will be attempted impalement.

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:55 pm

I'd say you'd have to fight Drake first before being able to blast them apart. He'd have to put "losing control of Dean" as a risk and then lose. Whatever would happen after that depends on what everyone's decision would be regarding if and who to fight.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Oh meaning that he could shield, deflect or just avoid w/e I were to throw at him. Didn't think of that.
Rocks

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Yup. You should always give your opponent a chance to dodge or block your attack, unless it's something that would only cause a flesh wound.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:44 pm

It's occurred to me that if you know what you want to risk, you can roll before you post. Or at least I can, since I'm the only one rolling. So I doing that.

Deans risk: Slave Bound (Temporary, +3)

Aaaand the result is: Drake 13, Dean 17. I seem to be pretty lucky! Though, note, I'm ruling that you can still inflict that pierced leg bone thing I risked and lost way back, if ya want. Since you might be on your way to fighting your third opponent in a row, I think you could stand to catch a break.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:03 pm

It's the end of the world Universe and everyone we all know is dead, even our pets. Even....the....*sniff*...kitties and puppies. We should all get a break xD

On another note, wouldn't he be on his way to his fourth? ik you're controlling Dean and Carrie, but in game, Drake has picked a fight with about half the players.
Rocks

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Dean, Carrie, Luna? Who else? I guess you might be the fourth.

Also, I've forgotten to mention, I'm leaving tomorrow for a vacation and will be back next sunday. I think I'll have internet, but not necessarily time to post much, so I'll be sparse for the duration.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm

WHO ELSE WANTS A PIECE OF ME! XD

Also, did you re-risk slavery just then Vege?

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:53 pm

So I take it Drake is like the head honcho here? Killing and enslaving the shit out of people? I wonder how he will like taking a bit out of someone who likes to take a bite out of bullies!

When and how do I put my character in- granted of course I'm allowed to do so?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:08 pm

I mean...as it stands right this minute in the RP, Drake IS kinda the main antagonist for, like, most everyone XD

Edit: I just read Bird's CS in-depth. HE IS THE ANTI-DRAKE. I love it.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 am

If you understand what his power does, you should explain it to me :P

And I kinda created Carrie to be an antagonist, but it seems she's been out-eviled.
Draken30000 wrote:WHO ELSE WANTS A PIECE OF ME! XD

Also, did you re-risk slavery just then Vege?

Nope, I resolved the die-roll before posting. I just posted in the IC for posterity. Right now I/Dean am waiting for you to decide if you want to fight him now that he's free, or run away and get some damn rest.

Birdofterror wrote:So I take it Drake is like the head honcho here? Killing and enslaving the shit out of people? I wonder how he will like taking a bit out of someone who likes to take a bite out of bullies!

When and how do I put my character in- granted of course I'm allowed to do so?

Argh, sorry! I had this huge feedback thing written up for you, but I forgot to post it, it seems. We have to resolve this power business before you can join the RP.

Okay, your example got us closer. See if I'm following: There's basically three powers in it. If you're fighting someone evil (again, you haven't really properly defined what darkness and light is in your terms), you can create matter, something like a sword and hurt people with it either physically, or mentally, cutting out parts of their memories or personality. If they're good, he can use anti-matter attacks, which I envision as the same procedure, except that instead of forming a sword, he shoots out a glowing orb or beam that simply annihilates all matter. Or annihilates their soul/consciousness, since I guess both powers can affect both the physical and the spiritual. If you're fighting someone both good and evil, you can just "rupture" them from inside without having to pull anything out of them? You can lacerate their body bloody by noticing there's a contradiction in them. And if in doubt, he can blow himself up.

Or, re-reading your original post, you can only use the matter or anti-matter if there is internal strife. If not, you just get stronger physically, more muscles, the more conviction they have, but can use absolutely no magical powers. Correct?

So let's have the balance talk:
Birdofterror wrote:
Vegedus wrote:Slightly more, but still not really. I really don't care about all this talk about orbs and energy. I'm concerned with what's happening in the real world, not these metaphysical "orbs" of ideals. I'll think more on this, and you should too.
Oh, well it's not that important that other people really get it anyway. After all, only he can perceive his own and other peoples' spiritual wellsprings (or orbs) as a form of attack. So it's not too important right away.

The only reason I need to know about and understand your power before you get in to the game is to see if it's a) fitting the themes of the game and my three questions in the original post b) balanced/not overpowered. The first, 'a' is not an issue. It shows that you've played the SMT games and it's nicely themed. The second is what I'm worried about. This is all muddled by me only half-understanding what you're talking about, but from what I can tell, your power IS overpowered. So we need to work on that.

Basically, a power can be balanced by asking three questions:
What scale does it work at?: It's not enough to describe a power as "super strength". How much can he lift? A car? A building? A planet? In your case, it seems your scale is determined by the intensity of your opponents good or evil, correct? Like, he has more matter available the more good his opponent is. Against a zealot, he might be able to make something the size of a tank, while only something sword sized for someone less confident, correct? If so, then that parts is fine.

What are it's limitations?: Or, what CAN'T it do. What it can't affect, make or do. This is especially important if one has a very wide power, that can do many things, as yours can. For instance, if my power is telekinesis. It's not enough to say just that, I have to say what I can't with it, because you can do anything with telekinesis if you think about it. We can probably assume I can lift and throw inanimate objects, but what about living ones? Can I force choke people darth vader style or dangle them helplessly in the air? Can I rip people apart, Phoenix from X-men style? Can I stop something small and fast like a speeding bullet? Can I use it on an atomic level, to fuse atoms and make an a-bomb? The answer to all of these should probably "no", because it's overpowered. A victim can't defend against them, unless you specifically mention a weakness, a way to break through.
In your case, it's mostly the darkness/matter thing I'm worried about (huh, is at all related to The Darkness comics?). You can create matter, out people. That's really broad. Can you create anything? A gun? A house? A living being? We already have people in the game who can create stuff, my Dean can create anything man-made. Anything technological or crafted. That's a lot, it's pretty broad, but it's still pretty clear what it cannot create. "Matter" is to broad.

How does the opponent defend against it?: This is the most important one. As with the telekinesis example, you can easily make a power that an opponent can't clearly do anything to protect themselves against. Obviously, if a power is simply "I can make swords" then you just block or avoid the damn sword. But how do avoid getting Vader choked, or get out of it? The movies suggest you can't, if you're not a jedi. Going by my understanding of your power, the matter works like matter, so it's only dangerous if you get hit with it, and the anti-matter would be projectiles that can be dodged, or so I assume. What about the "scar rupturing"? How does one defend against that? You just say "he can tear the energy down the middle of the scar and cause rips in both spacial and spiritual structures", but not what YOUR character has to do to MY character, in order for this to happen. Do you have to touch me? See me? Make me acknowledge my own scar? As it is written, it sounds like all you have to do is look at someone, and they'll explode and die, assuming the have a scar. Which is overpowered, obviously. What can I do to avoid having that happen? Strengthen my will power? Dodge a projectile?

You should answer each of these questions, directly and specifically, on the issues I’ve raised. Except the first one, if my understanding is correct.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Feel free to RUN Vegedus! :twisted:

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I suddenly have interest in making my guy for this despite Hana's absence...

I can show you evil, boy. Evil like you wouldn't know... I grow it on a tree in my backyard. I take a fruit each morning. One slice for breakfast. Three slices for a snack after lunch. Then I make a juice with the rest for dinner. So much evil, I pick twirly mustaches out from between my teeth each night before bed. I spit out toothpaste, Katrina strikes back. I sneeze, it's a tsunami in Japan. You don't want to know what I do in the toilet.
Demon of Elru

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Vegedus wrote:Or, re-reading your original post, you can only use the matter or anti-matter if there is internal strife. If not, you just get stronger physically, more muscles, the more conviction they have, but can use absolutely no magical powers. Correct?
Correct. If the enemy is dead set on the path they have chosen, he cannot draw from their doubt and instead draws of their latent energies; Good or Evil.
Vegedus wrote:And if in doubt, he can blow himself up.
Pretty much. His entire character is about being dead set on making the world see the truth. Should he ever doubt that, his ace in the hole is self explosion. He hates everyone who doubts in times of great need; himself included.
Vegedus wrote:What are it's limitations?: Or, what CAN'T it do.
Well, as I've just insured, two thirds of its powers can't be used against a single target. In order for him to reach his max power, he needs to somehow get in the middle of a pope, a devil and a guy who doesn't know what to do. Getting into such a situation would be ridiculously difficult, if not for any other reason than Drake has probably killed everyone off anyway. :unsure:

But as for direct limitations, he's limited to his own wellspring and those of his enemies. The energy they exhume is finite and he can run out of steam faster than most other people in this RP I would imagine. From forming their light/darkness into weapons, both spiritual and physical, to utilizing their convictions to increase his physical strength, both of these have a limited draw and if he can't defeat the enemy in time- all of the things he has created and powered up with will fade away, as energy often does.

So a direct weakness would be Time. Like Mike Tyson, Damian must defeat his enemy quickly with brutal attacks or risk running out of steam faster than anyone in the league. This may make him seem overpowered for small skirmishes, but if it ever comes down to lengthy engagements, he's in big- BIG trouble. That's usually where the "Self blowing up" part comes into play.

Another weakness would be his range. Both spiritual and physical, he is limited to a very low range, from his sword to a "Mind meld." He also has no real defenses at a range. He can conjure a sword to bat projectiles away, but if there are too many he may simply die there if there's no cover. Kind of anti-climactic, but that's a pretty big glaring weakness. He can conjure a spirit gun, but once again that's more an offense, not a defense. Damian completely lacks in the defensive portion of the game if you get right down to it. He could be pushed to conjure a shield, but he can only choose retreat with such an option after, as it would take much more energy to turn such a thing into a weapon should he get close.

So yeah, he has a lot of latent weaknesses due to the close ranges of his power as well as the finite nature of it. He can take multiple people on better than most, but finds his greatest challenge in one on one fights.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Draken30000 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm excited then, Ro.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Ro Wong wrote:I can show you evil, boy. Evil like you wouldn't know... I grow it on a tree in my backyard. I take a fruit each morning. One slice for breakfast. Three slices for a snack after lunch. Then I make a juice with the rest for dinner. So much evil, I pick twirly mustaches out from between my teeth each night before bed. I spit out toothpaste, Katrina strikes back. I sneeze, it's a tsunami in Japan. You don't want to know what I do in the toilet.

I'll piss on your evil :3
Rocks

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 pm

WAKEY WAKEY ROLEPLAYERS ITS TIIIIME TO POST! XD

Postby Vegedus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Aaaand I'm back. Sorry that took so long. And yeah, I DID flee XD. I could use a break from the fighting.

Ro Wong wrote:I suddenly have interest in making my guy for this despite Hana's absence...

I can show you evil, boy. Evil like you wouldn't know... I grow it on a tree in my backyard. I take a fruit each morning. One slice for breakfast. Three slices for a snack after lunch. Then I make a juice with the rest for dinner. So much evil, I pick twirly mustaches out from between my teeth each night before bed. I spit out toothpaste, Katrina strikes back. I sneeze, it's a tsunami in Japan. You don't want to know what I do in the toilet.

Cool, knock yourself out.

At this rate, Dean and maybe Luna seems like the only active good guys though... The next universe is screwed.

@Birdofterror
I still have a few unanswered questions but, whatever. It'll be faster to fix anything in play than mull over again. ACCEPTED! *CH-THUNK*

EDIT: Also, I just edited the first post in this thread, inserting the new characters and putting all the still-relevant info near the top.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Awwww Yeaaaaaaaa, Master of Random Transformation. 8)
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing