Warrior's Dream

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Warrior's Dream

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Was it it really necessary to quote the post immediately before yours?

You stopped yourself before you reached 'bad places', let it consume you, let it all out.    BURN ALL IN HELLFIRE!    ahem...let go of your restraints, this is the internet.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Light10s wrote:What makes a person a warrior? Is it the weapons they wield? The armor they wear? The faces they show? The words they say? Or the scares they shoulder? A hundred different answers can be given, and all maybe true but this is my answer. :!: :mrgreen:

Dreams, Goals, What they are fighting for to accomplish. No matter how pointless it is, How futile, it will never happen, it's still worth it. "I'll keep on fighting, working, challenging until my dream is fulfilled, even at the cost of my life". That is a Warrior, The question is who do (YOU) know is a warrior or the heart of a warrior that has a dream that is worth dieing to accomplish?

An aspect of a warrior is his bravery and I agree with you that there are hundreds of answers that are correct than do describe a warrior. They say that brave men die but once in life, but as Spider-Man told me, cowards die thousands of times, and a warrior is many things but a coward (this is also going beyond the suit itself, the guy who was cosplaying as Spider-Man has had near-death experiences before, hell he even knows what it's like to be Superman...until he hits the ground.) But that doesn't mean a warrior is truly immortal. A warrior, despite being dead can be immortalized through the beliefs of others as more higher and developed life forms, thus a great percentage of us may have a common belief in certain qualities, like a big sword, a set of armor, a horse, etc.

We can be literal and logical about the question but in the end, it isn't complicated, it's actually quite simple to understand because the definition and the parts of a warrior, even the warrior himself, is so broad. For example let's take a great orator in history like Mark Twain and Charles Dickens, as well as a great speaker like Barack Obama and even Hitler (who hasn't watch this dictator spawn a crowd with enormous cheer and morale?) How are these men warriors? Simple. They are warriors, not by strength (literally speaking), but by word, by tongue. Very sharp and well cut and refined. And maybe a little smoky but moist overall if one of them smokes, hahaha.

A warrior is so diverse that you can describe almost anything. They may or may not follow principles, but if not they might as well be savages, murderers, ruthless oppressors, etc. But then again I probably described a warrior by using potentially synonymous qualities. This is how I like to think of this question, so it's really up to us to decide in our minds.
This too shall pass.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You stopped yourself before you reached 'bad places', let it consume you, let it all out.    BURN ALL IN HELLFIRE!    ahem...let go of your restraints, this is the internet.
While I'm inclined to agree that this is the Internet and honesty 'is' the best policy, but...

Once again; this is the Internet. All of your carefully constructed arguments can be easily ignored or worse yet, misconstrued and used against you. Honesty IS the best policy, but so is a good verbal filter. Not everything needs to be cranked to 11 to make your point.

If what you are saying is right, people will naturally accept what you say. It's very easy to see if you're right or not if a lot of people agree with you, though on the internet this can be hard.

What defines a warrior? What TRULY defines a warrior? Forget the semantics, it doesn't need to go any deeper than 'Someone who fights.' Physically, mentally, socially, you name it. Paladins, Justiciars, Berzerkers, all of these are a certain kind of fighter, but Doctors, Lawyers- hell, Divorce Counselors are fighters too.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 pm

I'll let lose. A warrior is one that does w/e the fuck he wants and stays loyal to it, despite the future that may affect them, they will stick to their guns and fuck bitches up when they absolutely have to.

Gir is a prime example.

In my most honest opinion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:00 am

A warrior is just someone who fights. I think that all of the subclasses that have been pointed out is just different personalities that have been adapted to the situation.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:05 am

I think the better question is... what makes one a warrior? how he carries himself in battle, how he fights, or how he leads his comrades? I think this is what makes one a warrior.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 pm

A thread all about what it means to be a warrior? Weird. Alright, I believe that to be a warrior one must fight for or against a cause. I do not think their reason for fighting is as important as what they are fighting. For example if someone fights for a cause because they were payed, they are a mercenary but still a warrior. If one man alone fights against a cause because it adversely affects him, he is a warrior. If one man fights another man because of a dispute between the two, neither are warriors. If a man just loves to brawl he is not a warrior but if he makes his living through fighting in the arena or on the battlefield he is a warrior.

But whoever the person, whatever the reason, there is one thing that defines a warrior.

A BAD-ASS THEME SONG!!!

(YESS! Figured out how to imbed video! Not incompetant!)
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 pm

incompetent*
A warrior spirit wouldn't be phased by this post c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:12 pm

In my mind, a warrior is not defined by what he fights for, but rather why he fights for it. A man can be given a gun, and told to charge a hill, with people telling him he's serving his country. Does that make him a warrior? Not necessarily. For me, a warrior does not fight because people tell him to. He does not fight because people want him to. He fights because he knows, in his heart, that it is something that he must do. A warrior will risk whatever it takes to do what he knows is right, be it his reputation, or his life. He will not falter, and he will not run away, because what he is doing must be done. That is what makes a true warrior.

...'Course, that's just what I think.
Last edited by Sigment on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Nell-X » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:33 am

Where the average person would fight solely for self preservation, a Warrior will fight for an ideal that he/she places above oneself.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:incompetent*
A warrior spirit wouldn't be phased by this post c:

Sorry, my warrior spirit stuttered.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:09 am

Your warrior spirit is weak. But it can grow, go forth, experience the world in the many ways it can be.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 am

What kind of warrior would ride into battle with this as their theme song?

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 am

A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:09 pm

...What?

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Translation
A warrior doesn't give a fuck what other think, as long as he's doing what he's doing.

He wants to charge into battle to support a cause, who cares how he does it, if he's a fucking bamf.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.
Maybe it's just me, but the phrase came off as a bit condescending. That is, if it was directed at Ari. Anyhow, the "translation" does make some sense in my mind.
Last edited by Sigment on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 pm

It is pretty condescending, isn't it? Well, it's supposed to be. If you are the big man on campus, responsible for the fate and well-being of countless different people as either a leader or a warrior, the small gripes and opinions of people who don't know the first thing they are talking about would be like the bleating of sheep.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 pm

I was more referring to him being disrespectful to Ari, calling himself the lion and Ari the sheep. I don't mind the phrase itself. If I'm wrong, I apologize. I've just always disliked people who act like that. I had to put up with a lot of it myself.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Oh I understand completely, but I doubt Tenshi would go right out and say something so mean like that. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy, I'm sure he was just talking about the warrior's stigma.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm

The warrior thing, if I came off condescending my bad. I thought the joke was a bit implied from the Banana and Potato theme xD

Oh and also with my following post translating the quote.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 pm

What is a "bamf"?

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 pm

B.
A.
M.
F.

Bad
Ass
Mother
Fucker

BAMF

Bird oft Error

Postby Gentlemuffin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I believe a warrior's entirety lies in death.

It doesn't matter what he or she believes, or what goals one may have. To go in battle and make war without fear of death, serving his cause without necessarily believing in it.

I think what makes one a warrior is to accept death and make others accept it.
Still New

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Welcome to the forums. I find it interesting how this is your first post xD
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)