I believe I can fly

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: I believe I can fly

Postby DarkKing » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You know what I would hate. If Chi sent Junior into the future, and it is revealed that this is all one huge flashback from Junior explaining his situation to someone in that future.

Yeah that would kind of suck. I hope she learns how to do the laser eye beams next that was always one of my favorite powers of Aku.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Ari, what MadDoc said, don't say GT and PPGD are connected, it's been said many times over that they're not, and I'm pretty sure you've been told this to. idk, my memory is fuzzy atm.

Guys, for fuck's sake, chill out about it. You could tell Ari was joking about the entire thing.

You guys overreact over the situation more so then BR does. Relax.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:You guys overreact over the situation more so then BR does. Relax.

I think that's debatable. Seeing how nobody here wished malice upon him using 500x sized lettering.

Tenshi Nova wrote:You know what I would hate. If Chi sent Junior into the future, and it is revealed that this is all one huge flashback from Junior explaining his situation to someone in that future.

I don't think this is very likely. There wasn't any indication of this at the start of the chapter. Like Jr riding around on motorcycle in a post apocalyptic with a five O'clock shadow, wearing scrap metal armor. lol
I think I would be hilarious if Chi unwittingly sent someone into the distant future somehow. I don't know why, but the idea of that just seems funny to me.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:42 am

EDITED: Just relax over it guys.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 am

Does this have to do with my comment? Because I was only joking.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 am

-__-

FML, Sorry Havoc
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 am

*sigh* That's okay. I guess my timing on that was a little bad.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:35 am

Sooo... Minnie's pulling a GLaDOS with Jr being the chell of the situation? (although Mimi is the intended fatality of this "test" of course(Can't be a Atlas/P-body situation since Mimi isn't pulling her weight in the matter (asides from being the weight)))

... There's my post for this thread (for now)

Good day.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 am

I thought I made the joke with Doc, poor grammar and fuzzy well done. After reading it wide awake, I don't remember where the joke was...the fuck did I eat last night.

The Junior being sent into the future was also a joke, I was referring to the entire comic as the story, of flashbacks that occur during flashbacks to help explain other flashbacks, and helps build for another flashback that's used for the purposes of bringing more clarity to past and future flashbacks.
My head is so much clearer after sleep and soda c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:42 am

Well, what did Minnie expect Junior to do? Armpit catch-and-fly an unconscious Mimi? Catch her on his back when he uses wings to fly? No, of course he's going to Princess Carry her! And of course Minnie's arrows will matter to the Nergal, if not to Junior, who is still a skeleton and shouldn't get much pain (his spine has been ripped from his body before). I'm still puzzled as to how Minnie's arrows could sever a Nergal line: I really thought it'd be stronger.

I also think Minnie 'helping' Junior learn to dodge would be appropriate here, assuming she didn't expect Junior to catch Mimi. Question, though: how did that catch not break Mimi's spine?

And about the council thing: I think Mandy would bring Minnie along. Especially after seeing how merciless she has been about Junior: she's even more like her mother now than she was before.
A Page Flipper

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Xi-1 wrote:Question, though: how did that catch not break Mimi's spine?

Question similar to the Superman version.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AnimeWannabe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Minnie does shoot a bunch of arrows at Junior. If she does hit him it wouldn't cause much damage to him because he is a skeleton all they would need to do is piece him together, Mimi on the other hand would most likely die...right? Her demon powers are under wraps right now
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Did Aku send Jack to the future, was it the same location he was standing or somewhere else on the planet. Because maybe Chi could get short/unreliable teleportation powers in the next few days/weeks(comic time)

Grim Jr: "How in the nine hells did i get to Norway?!!?"
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:02 am

I suppose she could send him to Norway one day later. Would not make much of a series though. Not even a catchy intro. That is something I never understood about Aku. Every time Jack came close to killing him, instead of turning into a bird and flying away, why not just fling him even further into the future? Every time Jack appeared he would be even further from his home in a world he knew even less about and Aku influenced even more. He does not even have the excuse of not wanting him to get to a time when time machines are a common thing. He is the ruler of the world, he could just order the destruction or forbid the creation of any time machine. That would be hilarious, Chi sends Jr one day into future Norway, it takes him one day to get back and when he does get back she just does it again.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby DarkKing » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:10 am

ari-6 wrote:I suppose she could send him to Norway one day later. Would not make much of a series though. Not even a catchy intro. That is something I never understood about Aku. Every time Jack came close to killing him, instead of turning into a bird and flying away, why not just fling him even further into the future? Every time Jack appeared he would be even further from his home in a world he knew even less about and Aku influenced even more. He does not even have the excuse of not wanting him to get to a time when time machines are a common thing. He is the ruler of the world, he could just order the destruction or forbid the creation of any time machine. That would be hilarious, Chi sends Jr one day into future Norway, it takes him one day to get back and when he does get back she just does it again.

Two words "plot convenience." I think a better question is why didn't Jack team up with the Scotsman and all the other people he made friends with and gang up on Aku.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:12 am

If the series was not cancelled that probably would have happened. Oh well. Also after what you said I looked up a picture of Anak Zahard. She was green, which was surprising, I was expecting ToG to be a manga.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 am

You don't have to quote the person directly above you, I'm not quoting you, but you know I'm addressing you.

I thought of an idea a while ago, in the GT verse. After Aku sent Jack to the future, Clockwork(or another representative) came to Aku and asked him to not abuse his time powers. A follow up on the theory was that Clockwork told Aku that he would trade an IOU, for him to stop his abuse of time powers.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:11 pm

But Tenshi, I did not quote anyone. IOU like "Once he kills you I will save you a cushy place in the underworld"?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

c:

The safe place in Hell is a good thought, my thoughts were that Clockwork still owes Aku, but the your suggestion is brilliant.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!