Snafu Art Voting Thread

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Art Voting Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Enough. I want to see votes or questions, not mindless chatter about things.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:When do we gather the votes, again?

I'm doing it as the thread goes along. A couple of checks will commence once the contest is over.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Are they allowed to vote for themselves, or would that be considered cheating?

They can vote for themselves. This is as democratic as the site is going to get.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 am

Right, decided who I want to vote for, The October Scarf.

No, not because we're the two most butt-hurt contestants here :grin: . I'm more bias for characters (One reason I dislike Laudies, it's 90% background and I openly don't care for background art... that and realistic, some form of style I really really hate and so on), especially ones that involve more than one. I also like how smooth he made their forms, the style and I'm so jealous how he got that shine, how did you get that shine, I mean with those sun spot reflections or whatever they're called (What? I seriously don't know what they're called)and don't get me started on the shade. It's also the closes one here to being relevant towards Summer.
But if you want to me to be a git however and suggest ways you could work on or be more aware of and so on, the apron folds look good, but it area around the pelvis look as if he's wearing a thong? The crab claws in the bubble could do with a little more work and that water in the background almost looks like a tidal wave about to hit us.

Did I just give proper art feedback there? I did didn't I?
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are approaching the end of this with the voting closing on the 13th/14th of August. So make sure you get in and vote.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby achthenuts » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Octoberscarf, because he's improving.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Alright guys. You're running out of time to vote! Voting ends tomorrow.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 pm

aren't me and laudine tied?

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Laudine's ahead by two.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I need to update the numbers, will do later.

Now, its Black Lagoon time.

Hmm... should a tie happen... I don't think it will but I'll think of what we can do just in case it happens.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 pm

ach and walrus I believe voted me so that added to,so me and laudine are tied unless someone votes or changes there vote

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

For now.

I still have to vote as do a few others.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 pm

ok then,man there is a lot of suspense.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 am

I choose you... Pikachu! TheOctoberScarf!
His thing just screamed "Summer" not to mention the fact that Despicable Me 2 came out during the Summer, so more points for TheOctoberScarf.
Great job to all of the contestants, but my decision is... that guy. You know, the guy I just mentioned recently. Oh come on, you know :up:
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:59 am

I just ate pickles to! With Ice Tea Lemonade!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:44 am

OK. This is difficult. Should I go for the best thought out entry or the entry that shows the most skill? There is no clear line when deciding what qualify's as "best". If Laudine wins I think there is a chance she will ask Santa Clau- I mean Bleedman for an anthropomorphic pony...

I vote Laudine
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

now its tied again

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 am

I really don't want to be the tie breaker.

I have three that I really liked. I enjoyed H reaper's, Ari-6's, and of course, Laudine.

I liked H reaper's because it did fit the description of the contest the most, in my opinion. Not to mention that looking more on his DA he choose to do something that he did a lot of this summer, which must be rapping in a park. Not a fan of that particular genre of music, but to every man his own. There are area's of improvement. The head bothered me a little. But it was still good.

I liked Ari-6's because I felt like it was very well done. The clothing folds appear to be in the right position, and look perfect. The coloring is great, the hair is great, it's just very well done overall. Plus I like the focus it had on the characters being at a fair. Although I feel like they were intentionally posing for a picture (which isn't a problem, just didn't feel natural is what I'm saying), and I think Mimi's claws needed to be bigger.

I liked Laudine's because the color's were fantastic, the angle blob thing was different, and the clouds and the sea worked together to draw your focus to the sunset and eventually the character's themselves. Very beautiful. The focus was on the environment and the activity was watching the sunset. However I felt like there could have been more emphases given on the characters themselves and not just the stunning background. Can't stop looking at that wave.

Anyways, those are my top three in no particular order. Each artist brought something that I felt was interesting and unique to the table and displayed a brilliant skill in the realm of art and is a inspiration to me in their own unique ways. I hate to have to just choose one here, but I'm going to go with -    Laudine. Actually its a tie between Ari-6 and Laudine. both did fantastic.   

But I'm going to be nice and leave this open for another 24 hours for a few more votes. One because I'm nice at times and enjoy seeing suffering, and two I'm in the same state I was in last week at this time. Then voting will be closed and you guys can discuss how you felt the contest went, what worked well, and what you would like to see in the next one.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brother Orin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:05 am

I'll vote for Laudine then, I was going to hold my vote, but I have my reason now, let's just say I admire the rebelliousness against what people say should be a summer picture and activity without taking away the summer feeling...
At your service.

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am

Well then,that was...anti climatic :? Image

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 am

Orin. Didn't you already vote?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 am

No. He's commented, but but he hasn't placed a vote until now.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 am

I feel like many people are disappointed with how this competition turned out. I am not talking about the results but rather the number of entries and votes. I maybe have an idea for how to make it better next time. Maybe Bleedman could announce the competition on his DA page and then all of his watchers would know about it and then lots of new people will join the forum. If this has already been said then please just ignore me.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am

Trust me, we hear you.
What you said about bleedman is what was supposed to happen.

Still, many thanks to those who did us the honor for participating, people not showing up at all would have been the last nail on the coffin.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:35 am

Blood sounded like they were considering a writing version of this, but given given the turnout here... that doesn't seem likely. Would've been nice for members like me and Birdofterror. We no make-a da pretty picture.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

I know I said that I thought it was a good idea if Bleedman's fans all participated. But then I thought about his fans who spend all their time trying to draw in his art style, their sizable fanbases and all of Bleedman's fans who are only interested in art if it looks like he drew it. This worries me.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Stahp it Ari, you're starting to scare me.

I agree with Sigment
Sigment Kurosai wrote:We no make-a da pretty picture.

I remember mentions of the writing contest, would still love to see one.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!