Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:05 pm

I always rooted for Nagisa so no :p Tomoyo was second after her.

Worded that poorly, but I meant that I thought that she was annoying. I understand that she believes in justice and doing the right thing. However, I feel that she wasn't going about it in the best way (although I will admit that there wasn't much that she could do as a "normal" human against super powered beings). At one point in the show, Sakura (the main character in question) jumped into the car of the bad guys so that she could "stop" them from harming more people(this happens after barely managing to escape being kidnapped by THE SAME PEOPLE). One uses beams of light to attack and the other uses lightning. What is she able to do? Offensively (from what is shown in anime) not much (note that she does excel in martial arts and has some sort of ability to nullify the attacks of the Codes in question). She repeatedly stated that it is wrong to do what the Codes are doing (which involves killing corrupt people), but in the end wasn't able to do anything about it(and has to be rescued as a result). Not to mention her logic (in the beginning) that "Oh, I'm going to watch/follow Ogami to make sure that he doesn't kill more people" *Fingers snap* *Flames cover people* *People Die*. "Oh I'll just keep watching/following him so that more people don't die" Rinse. Repeat.

In that case, I'll probably move Lain closer to the top of my list.
Last edited by Cerulean on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Cerulean, after having read through your list of favourite manga I would recommend you read Confidential Confessions. It is an anthology, meaning it is made up of many smaller stories. I would say that the story is very emotional but I am not the best judge.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Cool, I'll look into it. Thanks c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:43 pm

KYOU IS BEST GIRL, arerfdsyrhugw. My point made. On the a basic level, not only a kiss, but 2 kisses and a lot more drama imo. Slightly going into a more complicated reason, I didn't find Nagisa interesting at all, especially with the whole, IT WAS JUST A DREAM.

Never heard of the manga/anime, was just curious on your thought process c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Lol usually I hear people say Tomoyo/Nagisa is the best, so it is refreshing to see other characters getting some love too. Although clearly the best girl did win :p

I think part of the reason I rooted for Nagisa so much was due to her timid nature. Something about her trying her best made me want her to succeed.

I've never read the manga, but I did hear somewhere that the manga is a lot better (or at least gets better, can't remember which). c:
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:25 pm

You're right the best girl did win, a kiss and last episode. HA c: Implications don't count, on screen success.
I wasn't interested enough to read it though, I personally, just don't find Nagisa interesting, if it was Kyou, I would've read it in a heartbeat.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Touché c:

I wasn't talking about the clannad manga(there was one?), I meant the Code:Breaker manga.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Probably, most have anime have manga adaptions, whether before or after. Short story, game, w/e it maybe.

c:
I feel my soul slowly attaching itself to this thing.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 pm

So, I just finished reading Serial Experiment Lain (which was only 20 pages), and I think I'm going to have to watch the anime. This quote also makes me think that:
It's a bonus story which apparently isn't related with neither the anime nor the PS game

At the very least, I'm slightly more interested now.

Tenshi Nova wrote:c:
I feel my soul slowly attaching itself to this thing.

You sound as if you weren't aware of the side effects.
It will corrupt us all c:

Couldn't pass that up (even if I did only catch the beginning and ending of Lord of the Rings)

EDIT: I ran across a commercial for Digimon Adventures while channel surfing. It airs on the NickToons channel every night at 7:00 central time. Apparently it is already on episode 42, but just thought that I'd share for anyone interested.

(5 minutes after googling) It looks like it has been airing since June....Oh well, just thought I'd share.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 am

Just wanted to go on a little typing rampage while getting more opinions from people who have seen Steins;Gate.
Something that's been running through my mind for a while, and only recently has it been reinforced.

Steins;Gate influence on Bleedman. For those who haven't seen it I highly suggest it, and I also warn you for I'll be posting a shit ton of spoilers about the show throughout this post. In other words, Do not read the following, it's not even red, it's now black.(added black to the color suggestions)

For anyone that has seen it, SUZUHA WHHHHYYYYYYY!!?!?!?!?!? ahem...moving on.
Just to help refresh people's memories, Reading Steiner was the ability that allowed Okarin to remember his experience in other timelines. He was able to send texts to the past via his cellphone. The texts would change the past, sending the world to a new timeline, everyone's minds are rewritten, but his.

It's said that Grim Tales and PPGD were connected, but has since split into 2 separate timelines. These timelines are comparable to the two where Mayuri died and the other where Kurisu died.

The question is if Samurai Jack has Reading Steiner, and if he does, exactly how much shit has he seen. Okarin has seen genders change, people die and comeback, SUZUHA AGING AND TORTURED BY HER MISTAKES...ahem(If anyone couldn't tell at this point, SUZUHA's my favorite character and I get a tiny bit emotional when speaking about her), not to mention all the shit he had to through in order change everything to the way he wanted. Imagine Jack's experience, if he had witness GT, just list random thing he may have wanted/needed to change in order to return to PPGD's timeline.

And finally, to wrap up my post. c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Hey Tenshi, I finally finished my comp entry so I am back to the interwubs since it does not look like I will be getting to sleep any time soon but god knows I need to. I have not seen Stiens gate yet but I know it was made or at least drawn by the same guy who made BRS so I might check it out in the future. Have you seen Code Geass?

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Code Geass seems to hate me, everytime I start the first episode, something just comes up and eats away my free time. I tried to watch it 4 times
My cousins came for a surprise visit, and I had to babysit
My power went out, :/
My old shitty as internet went out :angry:
And the last time, a few weeks ago, Power Went Out Again... :cussing:

I will watch it eventually, but I'm not sure when.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Despite never being that big a fan of the stuff related to Clamp, I've actually seen Code Geass all the way through.
I thought it was alright and you don't see a lot of Mecha anime where the main character comes off as more of a villain than a hero.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 am

I enjoyed reading Card Captor Sakura when I was a child. Even though you say he is more of a villain compared to Suzaku, if you were to compare him to Light from death note, I think he is ten times more likable. You actually believe that he has a noble goal as opposed to being some psychopath with a god complex.

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:08 am

Huh, so Card Captor Sakura had a manga too? I remember watching the show years ago. I don't think I finished it though, and I don't remember why....
Code Geass is yet another show that I have to get around to finishing. I remember watching season 1, but someone spoiled me on the ending for season 2. So whenever I do start watching again, I guess I'll just watch both. From what I remember, I'm going to have to agree with you ari (Lelouch was more likeable than Light,to me at least).
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:46 am

The anime was based on the manga. It also had a sequel which I have not watched.

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 pm

I just now found out this discussion was here so I'm just gonna throw myself in like a cannonball!
Death Note first and foremost, I love the when a smart character with good intentions becomes obsessed and corrupted by their own ambitions. It really shows the extent of what humanity is capable of given the right circumstance. However I still wish that more could have been done with Light's little sister, cause seriously what happened while she was chilling with the mafia.
Elfen Lied. Same as the first in that I like to see the cruelty in some people and it helps make the characters who are actually good people really stand out! Also love it for the pure(or maybe not so pure) sake of how graphic it is.
I'm torn between Rosario+Vampire and Vampire Knight mainly because the artwork in both have the ability to make someone bleeding and dying what should be a bloody mess all over the place, elegant and at times erotic without being explicit.
Chibi Vampire. A teenage vampire going to high school, doing her best to keep her secret with a new kid in school getting very suspicious of her, getting into a bunch of misleading and embarrassing situations that she has no control over and of course one can never forget about her weird as hell family and all their funny quirks. It's just so cute how awkward she is when it comes to dealing with all that!
Absolute Boyfriend...There is a Field of Cotton Candy Bubblegum that has taken root in a section of my brain, I can't understand the logic in that place...and I don't know why...
I just realized that is going to be my most largest post since I started posting...Yeah for Me!!!!
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I also really like the first two on your list. Death Note was top of my list for a long time. Can I ask if you know which artist drew your avatar. If you know please tell me so I can go and download all of their work.

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't know who created but I did get it from this website, however you may need to translate it cause the last time I checked most of it is in Italian for some reason.
http://blingee.com/blingee/view/130957842-devil-angel
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Also, this isn't limited to anime and manga, feel free to talk about any book, movie, show, etc. Anime and manga were just specified because the discussion is mainly for the purpose of attracting Bleed fans that are somewhat informed towards a certain culture. Feel free even if you don't think you are.

I've just realized we've been only dissussing Anime and Manga. Why not some other stuff? I'm just gonna throw a few things out there and hopefully get some feedback.
True Blood at the top of my head mainly cause I just got finished watching the most recent episode about say 15 minutes ago.
Supernatural because I love trench-coat wearing angels...
Teen wolf, I'm realizing that there is a pattern on my tastes in shows...
Sherlock...Good Sweet God I Love Sherlock and John...
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am

I honestly haven't gotten that much exposure to those shows. Only shows I've seen recently were Warehouse 13, Leverage(which I love) and Game of Thrones. The Newsroom was suggested to me by a handful of people, but haven't found the time. Honestly, I don't find the shows you listed to interesting, other people may though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:12 pm

I will happily talk about Supernatural since I share your love of a certain trench coated angel and Sherlock is one of the best male heroes I have seen outside of anime. But true blood and teen wolf are two no-go's for me. You do not by any chance enjoy a certain sparkly female fanservice movie series, do you?

Postby DarkKing » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:51 pm

@ari-6

The character I was talking about on the grim tales page is Anak Zahard from Tower of God. She has a bad temper like Chi and she's also very prideful. In the latest update she lost to an opponent that she could have easily been able to defeat, but because he exploited those weaknesses he was able to win.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 pm

ari-6 wrote:I will happily talk about Supernatural since I share your love of a certain trench coated angel and Sherlock is one of the best male heroes I have seen outside of anime. But true blood and teen wolf are two no-go's for me. You do not by any chance enjoy a certain sparkly female fanservice movie series, do you?

That sparkly franchise doesn't even belong in the vampire category! They actually have more traits from a mutated species of Fairy, than with vampires. However The Host by the same author was actually pretty good.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Cerulean » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I loved The Host.

You know that Chibi vampire anime you mentioned reminds me of this anime that I watched a long time ago that was called Karin. I enjoyed watching it back then.

EDIT: Hahaha they're the same, just looked it up :p

I remember reading the manga for Absolute Boyfriend, it was pretty amusing. I don't think I'll forget about it anytime soon.
Last edited by Cerulean on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)