Heading To Trauma

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Heading To Trauma

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

Jack with Reading Steiner, interesting. Steins;Gate reference, it's basically the ability to maintain his memories as he travels into other timelines, where those memories shouldn't exist. Ever since Blood's explanation, I couldn't help but link the comics to the anime, not to mention the last couple of posts reinforces my thought process.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:42 pm

The Time Squad does not exist in GT. Think about that statement.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Jack...Time Squad...Damn it BR, you're just begging for us all to go wild.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm just waiting to see what happens after the bomb blows up because I really don't want to end up seeing it to take longer than half life 3 to develop, seeing as how the arc is really dragged on rather unnecessary.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Alright Doc, we get, you've played Half Life.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, and recently too. It reminds me of the antagonizing wait for the next game's installment. But enough of that.

What I beleive why there is more attention for GT than PPGD is largely because of progress of the plot and updates. Bleedman seems to be drawing GT more often than PPG pages and the overall plot of the current arc of PPG is slow. I wait patiently for the continuation of the arc in each page but I figured that the arc needs a change in the pace of action in order to move forward more rapidly.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Have you ever heard of or seen the Half Life 3 jokes?

Not me, I believe Bleed is interested in where the plot is going, rather than the current. I mean, GT's current plot is boring imo. I would honestly enjoy to see what happens after the bomb's explosion, rather than what would happen after Mimi's week of self starvation. Bleed knows what's going to happen next in the comics, so to me, it would be natural that he would want to work on which ever goal he wishes to achieve first.
Something interesting best be happening soon in GT, or I'm just going to assume that he prefers to draw the GT characters for one reason or another.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 am

BeeAre wrote:The Time Squad does not exist in GT. Think about that statement.
Whoop, I'm glad I covered my bases! I guess I'm on track for once.
Tenshi Nova wrote:Not me, I believe Bleed is interested in where the plot is going, rather than the current. I mean, GT's current plot is boring imo. I would honestly enjoy to see what happens after the bomb's explosion, rather than what would happen after Mimi's week of self starvation.
Well I think it's a little more than the starvation, but I get where you are coming from.

I'm actually really interested to see how she reacts to being fully human again... but more importantly I want to know how everyone "else" she was close to reacts to her being fully human again. Especially Chi.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 am

Something interesting better happen in GT, otherwise it'd just be a waste and really annoying that PPGD got backed up for no reason.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 am

There're so many things here that peek my interest. God, where to start?

Birdofterror wrote:The dying thing, or the becoming a flesh condom for 2+ separate demon lords? Because if it was simply death, I think she would laugh at that in the face, not to mention probably backing it up with the words along the lines of: "If I know it will happen- I can change it!"

But if it's the other one... well... There's nothing implying that either of those actions were forced. It seems consensual. Blossom seems like the kind of woman to keep a level head, especially in these events where she knows it's the most important to keep a level head.

Lets just take a moment to go over everything that happened to her in GT. Sleeping with 2 demons(I think Him had his way with her after she was separated from Mimi in the flashback), causing the end of the world, and the death of everyone she loved and cared for, and being killed by her own daughter (however a lot of this is just speculation). Granted Blossom is strong willed, but I think it would be way too much for even some one like her to handle. I say she would snap and go into shock.

The flood gates have really opened up for me on this one. There's a shit ton of thing that could have gone different in GT past. The Time Squad not being around to undo everything is just the tip of the iceberg. If the Time Squad didn't exist, then Otto would have never showed Blossom Dexter's past. Blossom's fight with Bell could have gone differently. Also Otto never would have told Dexter that Blossom was kidnapped. Not to mention this whole thing with the time bomb. I still have to wonder if Clockwork will get involved somehow.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not me, I believe Bleed is interested in where the plot is going, rather than the current. I mean, GT's current plot is boring imo. I would honestly enjoy to see what happens after the bomb's explosion, rather than what would happen after Mimi's week of self starvation. Bleed knows what's going to happen next in the comics, so to me, it would be natural that he would want to work on which ever goal he wishes to achieve first.
Something interesting best be happening soon in GT, or I'm just going to assume that he prefers to draw the GT characters for one reason or another.

I agree with you there, Tenshi. I truly believe Bleed likes GT over PpGD. I like PpGD a lot better than I do GT at this point. The thing with me is; GT isn't really "boring" me at this point, it's more or less pissing me off. Nothing upset/annoys me more when a story brings up something that grabs my interest, and doesn't build on it/ ignores it. I really, really want to know more about the City of Megaville and the fallen heroes, in GT, but for whatever reason that whole thing has been brushed aside. Sometimes I have to wonder if either: 1) Bleed completely lost interest on the city of heroes, or 2) he barely thought that whole thing through, and he doesn't know where to take it next.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:58 am

Havoc751 wrote:

The flood gates have really opened up for me on this one. There's a shit ton of thing that could have gone different in GT past. The Time Squad not being around to undo everything is just the tip of the iceberg. If the Time Squad didn't exist, then Otto would have never showed Blossom Dexter's past. Blossom's fight with Bell could have gone differently. Also Otto never would have told Dexter that Blossom was kidnapped. Not to mention this whole thing with the time bomb. I still have to wonder if Clockwork will get involved somehow.

I don't see how all of this is relevant, as the GT storyline is completely separate from PpGD. The PpGD storyline (altered or otherwise) may as well have never happened in/before GT, and implying otherwise is not something that would seem reasonable. At least, this is how I've come to interpret BR's statements over the last year that I've been a member.

Something has crossed my mind over the last month or so, and perhaps BR could help me with this: Has Dexter grown out of his cartoon accent? The only time in this comic that I've seen his speech clearly accented was in the Dee Dee Flashback. There haven't been any indications since then that Dexter's speech has an accent (neither through text like in the flashback, nor from other characters mentioning an accent/not understanding what he had said). It's been bugging me for a while, and I'm curious what you guys think.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I don't see how all of this is relevant, as the GT storyline is completely separate from PpGD. The PpGD storyline (altered or otherwise) may as well have never happened in/before GT, and implying otherwise is not something that would seem reasonable. At least, this is how I've come to interpret BR's statements over the last year that I've been a member.
Well, that's technically right, the two writers have absolutely nothing to do with each other. As well as the worlds and characters within them not having any direct correlation to each other- in fact that's what Havoc is saying.

He's pointing out the differences between the universes and characters within them. Saying all of the potential key points in PPGD simply not being present in GT due to an astute lack of Time Squad, or mainly just a lack of Otto. I find it very interesting... the what if stories that is.

What if Otto never told Blossom about Dexter's past? Well, it's very likely the two characters wouldn't hit it off. Or at least Blossom wouldn't have followed Dexter into his lab on that day, only to meet Deedee android. Though that's just pure speculation as she went in without Otto's influence in the first place, but he WAS present beforehand, I'm mostly going on the "butterfly effect" right now. Without the core emotional connection to each other, Mandark may not have kidnapper her at all, meaning she probably wouldn't have fought BELL at all in the first place.

Or if she DID get kidnapped, she either escaped on her own, Mandark let her go, or Dexter found her through means other than Otto... it's possible that Mandark would have sent the bow to Dexter instead of to Otto.

But if the bow never reached Dexter; That means it's also likely that Mandark and Dexter never truly fought each other and Mandark could have lived in the GT timeline. After all, everyone from PPGD is in GT at one point, and if Mandark never died it's not only likely, but required that he at least be alive at one point... even if it was only to die later. (Like everyone else)

One key point we have to remember in all of this- is both worlds have the same characters and the same city, so it can be argued that they are all there due to what happened in PPGD or at least something very similar.

However, this can be argued in many other ways. The mention of Megaville in the first place in GT wasn't until very late in the story. October 2011 as a matter of fact. Everything mentioned in PPGD AFTER 2011 would essentially contradict the established ideas the writer of GT had during and before 2011.

Also Jack is in GT.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm sure someone else mentioned it before, or at least noticed it, but I just wanted to point it out again. Antauri is in GT, not PPGD and Otto vice versa.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Who the hell is that?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:00 pm

plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:37 pm

I have never heard of that show. I just assumed that "black monkey" was Monkey from Dexter's Lab, dressed in some sort of advance power suit or some shit.

@Birdofterror: Actually I've had a theory for sometime now about GT and PpGD. This new fond info about the Time Squad could play into it (maybe). I might pitch it in the Prediction Thread. God knows nobody has used that damn thing in awhile.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:00 pm

It was a Disney show, I watched about half of it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robo ... erforce_Go!
I liked it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUsFLVjobug
It was like my replacement for Power Rangers, it much more character development from my memory, it must've been at least 4-5 years since I've mentioned the name. Or sing along with the song...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 pm

I think that is just Monkey, but the design was taken/"inspired" by that show.

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Kinda like how Bubbles was sort of dressed like Sailor Moon.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Well, her outfit, as well as Blossom's, are based on their outfit from the Bomb Incident.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:From the show

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=170
The black monkey.

Holy crap that show was awesome! Still remember that high-octane Japanese-style theme song of theirs.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 am

It'd be a let down for me, if that's just Monkey ripping off the suit. I see no purpose for taking the entire suit's design.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:42 pm

I haven't seen any indication that it would be from that show. You had this page come out around the same time as the fight going on in PpGD and Monkey was present then. So I would be under the logical assumption that it is Monkey in that update and not... who ever the hell that is.

Why would he make a jump like that?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Maybe he liked the show, and was thinking of adding the Skeleton King.
I don't see why he would copy the design for Monkey.

Ofc, after looking over the design a bit more, I think you're right, there are some key differences that separates the 2, shoulders to wrist, ears, feet and the yellow on his tail. Which is really disappointing to me, the design isn't inspired, it's feels like a rip off to me. If he had at least kept the big M, I'd be okay with it. I'm going to continue this anger off on my own, sorry for my misunderstanding, I didn't look at all the details earlier, only the color scheme, eyes and horn. But honestly, I'm so fucking pissed right now.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:08 am

Think about the idea of the Time Squad not understanding the linearity bombs.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!