Snafu Art Voting Thread

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Snafu Art Voting Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 am

THE VOTING THREAD

Welcome to the Snafu Art Contest Voting Thread.
There is some groundwork for this thing to understand what happens here. This is the guide post that will explain how this thread and the voting process will work.

READ THIS FIRST.
1:In order to be valid to participate, you must meet the requirements set by the announcement thread. However, anyone and everyone who is a member of this site is allowed to vote.

2: The post below this will be used as an archive and tracking record for the votes. So it will be the "stats" page. What will happen is that the participants will post a link or the image itself into the main contest thread, which is also the Announcement thread. I have linked the entries and further websites on the page as well so it is easier to vote.

3: VOTING RULES: The process is simple, you are allowed one vote per person. You will post who you think should win in this thread once the voting process opens up. The voting process will open on the 6th of August, and conclude a week later on the 13th of August. On that date, the votes will be counted and double checked and a winner will be announced.
(More Details)
1: One vote is allowed per person.
2: To vote, you simply post the person's name.
3: There is one thing we do want to see, and you can get as detailed as you want on this. Provide some feedback. Just something simple, what you liked about it, etc (I can't let you post a single word since its considered to be spam). Their Art threads are listed to allow you to provide more direct and complex feedback on their works and their future projects as well. DA accounts and others were provided to allow you to follow them.
4: RE-VOTING: Make your first vote count, but I will allow you to have one re-vote. In that case, I need you to tell me you re-voted so I don't count you twice.

4: CHEATING: Should you get caught cheating, like using other people's art work or creating alternate accounts to boost your votes, you will be disqualified and your votes given to me. Furthermore, you will not be allowed to compete in the next competition until the next year. We know if you use an alternate account, we are moderators, we have the tools to find out.

Questions? Post them or PM me.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Re: Snafu Art Voting Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:50 pm

CONTESTANTS:

Mad-Mutt
Entry (DA included): http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/Marc ... -382526447
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54468

TheOctoberScarf
Entry (DA included): http://theoctoberscarf.deviantart.com/a ... -382973743
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55001&p=3415498#p3415498

Brother Orin
Entry (Snafu Art Thread Included): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54880&start=25#p3414062
DA Account: http://bakudonstorm.deviantart.com/

WalrusM3
Entry (DA Account Included): http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/art/Gree ... 1373372379
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51102

Cerulean
Entry (DA Included): http://bluebluetopaz.deviantart.com/art ... topaz&qo=0
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54986

Etherian
Entry (DA Included): http://etherian0.deviantart.com/art/Jun ... -384955023
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54932

H reaper
Entry: http://che999.deviantart.com/art/Snafu- ... he999&qo=0
DA Account: http://che999.deviantart.com/

YesterdaysLingo
Entry: http://i.imgur.com/A2fEAE8.jpg
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54675

ari-6
Entry: http://ari-6.deviantart.com/art/Mimi-an ... 1375826864
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55062
DA Account: http://ari-6.deviantart.com/

GiffProd
Entry: http://giffproductions.deviantart.com/a ... 1375852232
DA Account: http://giffproductions.deviantart.com/

Laudine
Entry: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/image/57590124391
Tumblr Account: http://lunateaa.tumblr.com/
Snafu Art Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55063

VOTES:
Mad-Mutt: 1

TheOctoberScarf: 6

Brother Orin

WalrusM3

Cerulean

Etherian

H reaper

YesterdaysLingo: 1

Ari-6: 1

GiffProd

Laudine: 10

*I will update it as much as possible, or another mod will. Good luck!
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 am

Sorry. I did not want to be a bother but my Snafu art thread was missed off.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:54 am

Laudine

Her work was simply stunning. It is breathtaking in its appearance, and masterful in its execution. A true work of art.

P.S. I mean no disrespect to the other contestants. I wish everyone luck in the contest.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby GiffProd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Laudine

There were various ones I liked but I was taken aback by this one's utter beauty. The perspective is unique and the colors were absolutly breathtaking and gorgeous. I truly loved it.

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah, why do I feel this competition's become very one-sided now :mrgreen:
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:05 pm

yeah we all know whose gonna win now,it seemed more fun with the competition set,but now,its just lost its hype.

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Don't worry, TheOctoberScarf, let's see whose going to be second place shall we. Not that I'm trying to isolate Laudine or anything, but I think for the purposes of lightening the mood of the other competitors, there's bound to be someone who vote for someone besides Laudine.

Edit: Though do just want to say to get this out (Well I'm an honest person, deal with it :grin: ) that I only joined the competition for the purposes of adding to it, not having an intention on winning with people like TheOctoberScarf and Brother Odin already on their marks. But now with Laudine, I feel as if we've all had a 2 ton anvil dropped on our heads. Again, apologies, not trying to isolate you Laudine, just letting this out, for the purposes of getting it out.
Last edited by Thy Obsessive Freak on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

An obsessed freak

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm

I'd be more comfortable it being a fair competition. Not everyone has the programs or tools to go over board.

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:42 pm

I think you need a little time to settle down TheOctoberScarf if you don't mind me saying (I know I did). What Laudine did up there would've taken pure skill. I use Sai with a really big Itablet after all. So I would say it's fair that Laudine's probably going to win this competition. It will have looked as if it took no real effort and has crushed every artist here, making them look as if their work belongs on the fridge. But I'm certain Laudine will have gone to lengths to get where she is to do that to all of us.

An obsessed freak

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Just forget it sigh.

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I know, double sigh.

But just so you know, your work was great TheOctoberscarf. Liked the cheek and tongue and how you did the sun shine.

An obsessed freak

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Yours was good to,it had alot going on in it.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Laudine.

I loved the look and feel of the whole piece. I especially enjoyed the landscape. It was simply breathtaking.

Also, Blood Lord (or any other mod), you may want to change the title of the submission thread so that more people are made aware of the voting thread being open to the public. Just a suggestion c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Well...Laudine, yeah, it was beautiful, only problem I had was that I didn't feel the summer vibe. I see the summer based concepts, I just don't have the feel for it.

If you guys need any runner up votes,
2nd TheOctoberScarf
3rd ari-6
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brax4 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm gonna' place my vote for ari-6.

I really dug her style and background. I think she accomplished the task pretty well, and even threw in some humorous foods. I also believe that Laudine did a fantastic job, very whimsical, but my vote is going toward ari-6.

I actually liked a lot of these. Nice work everyone.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Finally, a different vote. I know I voted for Laudine, but all of these are good in my mind. For example, Lingo's wasn't exactly "artistic", but it was hilarious.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 pm

I wanted to put a word in for Lingo, but the comic didn't really show any originality. Made me chuckle when I first saw it though.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brother Orin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 pm

If there was a grand prize and a top three prize, would there be a little less butt hurt going on?

I'm serious, I'd feel miserable if I was in Laudine's shoes reading this right now, it sounds like intentional guilt trip.
It's a fun contest where you can win a commission from someone, not $50,000, calm down and be a little more humble to all of the competitors.
At your service.

Postby TheOctoberScarf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 pm

It was a fun contest,I was having alot of fun actually.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Miserable? If I were in her shoes, I'd be like, "GET ON MY LEVEL, BITCHES!!!!!!"

Na, but seriously, who cares, she's good at what she does, applaud it. Everyone else here can draw better than I do, except Lingo, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A STICK FIGURE CONTEST DUEL BATTLE OFF!
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm

TheOctoberScarf

I can feel the summer in that drawing.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:32 pm

TheOctoberScarf

Don't get me wrong, Laudine's was vivid, beautiful and had GT characters to boot. However, I feel that Scarf's more so captured the summer activities theme in comedic fashion... Which I like.

@Tenshi ;
lets do iitt!!!! >:OOOO ...... ... .. . c:
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

- :D
-/|\
_/\

:up: ^that right there, is my submission to the art contest, I hope it's no too late for entries.

It's a man happily running through the beach, in case some of you couldn't comprehend my art.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 am

Vote for: TheOctoberScarf

How they ranked imho:

Mad-Mutt
A good, clean art style, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

YesterdaysLingo
Amusing and on topic. But not much visually elaborate.

Cerulean
Interesting perspective and style, but seems a little minimalistic.

Etherian
Nice 3D image. Very nice art style. It only seems very slow, with nothing really going on, and the picture seems a little empty. While I realise that adding more characters/objects for a 3D image often becomes even more time consuming than for a regular image it still needs to be held up to standard of other works.

GiffProd
art style a little bit messy, but on topic and certainly shows a lot of activity. It's dynamic and has a decent amount of character.

ari-6
Art is really nice and tidy, characters well drawn. And it's clearly summer related. I only wish it had some more action in it. When you put characters in a picture just making a portrait where they pose is fine, but the picture gets so much better when their expressions and poses reveal their emotions and characters. If they were both looking at something, laughing, baffled, curious, amused, irritated, anything, and actively doing something it would have been among the top most entries for me. Other than that, everything else was good.

WalrusM3
Art style is good, but more importantly it is dynamic, it feels like a snapshot of something actually happening, where every character has something to show for themselves. Well done on that.

Brother Orin
A very nice art style, and good character representation. Very good, though not exceptionally good.

H reaper
Very nice art, again. And great amount of character in it as well. Seems like stuff is about to start happening, which makes it feel dynamic, and interesting.

Laudine
So far a runner-up to me. A beautiful piece of art with rich colours, but it has a few things that break it for me. There are 3 characters, all together they take up about 10% of the image, they feel redundant. Also, because they are so small compared to the rest of the vibrant colours they seem to be drowning in it, they seem a little too static for my likes. I can feel the "summer" in the colour palette chosen, good work on that. But I can't feel the "activity", which is a shame. The characters are well done, but don't seem to be anyone in particular, they don't show much in terms of expression, emotions or actions. Which again makes them feel out of place. As a portrait or painting it's a great piece. But it doesn't really scream summer activities to me.

TheOctoberScarf
So, my vote went for this entry. It's funny, it's dynamic, the characters are doing "stuff", they have clear expressions, they seem to have personalities. The art style is great and very clean. The colours are rich, the background is not empty, and it stays very true to our "summer activities" theme. And I never even watched the Despicable Me. Well done.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!