Heading To Trauma

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Heading To Trauma

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 am

I'm liking the Iron Princess name. Maybe the Morbucks will be sponsors to one of the groups in this comic (I'm leaning toward Dr. Brisbane's group). She did try to work with the RRB once before, so maybe she's helping fund the project in order to work with them again. Though they had hurt her feelings by the end of that episode...

Havoc751 wrote:I even came up with a theory that the time bomb is how Jack ended up in the present time period in the first place. Like maybe he found a time portal that was suppose to send him back to medieval Japan, but the time bomb cased an anomaly that sent him here in modern Megaville instead.

Now this, I hadn't thought of at all. If the bomb was responsible for that though, wouldn't it move him back to the time period he came from once the stop gap ended? If not, I wonder how that Jack would react upon arriving.

BeeAre wrote:He could even briefly see what was at stake as the Grim Tales universe

So this could mean that the blinking Jack is actually the Jack in the GT universe?

BeeAre wrote:But Jack's is not the only part of this story. There are two (three?) more origins that are deeply intertwined.

I know it was discussed before, but anyone have any idea who the other origins will be? I'm almost positive that it includes Aku, but I'm not sure on the others.

What Dr. X said was pretty interesting, it makes me wonder if/when we'll get to hear that tale.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 am

Unlikely Side Note :
Quotes from a Wiki page of Aku :

"the evil was all but destroyed save for a small fragment that was flung aside and it drifted for an unknown period of time before falling to Earth during the era of the dinosaurs..."

---

"at the black lake in the forest's center, the Samurai Lord doused an arrow into the oil he was given, shot it into the air, and into the black lake. Instead of destroying the evil, however; the magic arrow gave it humanoid form, sentience, and the ability to shape shift. Thus, the demon wizard Aku was born."

Well, I've always thought of the possibility of aku and chemical X being linked in lou of these possibilities :

The fragment of that hurled towards earth fragmented further to which multiple pockets of "black lakes" (possibly(probably) smaller in comparison to the lake that personified into Aku) that lied about in liquid form.

One of these "dormant" Black lakes is found in the future and found to have the property of personification (bit of a stretch :/ ( just leave it at shapeshifting?)) that of which is what allowed the ingredients that were used to make the power puff girls into... Well.. People(given the right art format :P). Personified sugar, spice, and everything nice. Hell it would have to be a lake in lou of the number powerpuffs down in the lab.. Vault... Whatever. Probably from testing the extent of the "Chemical X" they found.

If the fragment failed to fragment further upon entry of the earths at most sphere, either when the arrow was personified it didn't use up the entirety of the lake to form aku OR the fragment ricocheted off the moon on to earth leaving some of the fragment behind to which a small "black lake/chemical X" pocket is discovered in the future"

Done.

Pain to do this all by phone -_-
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:25 am

Wow, that is interesting Lingo. I vaguely recall the Aku-matter being Chemical X discussion but I couldn't draw the connection. It makes me wonder, if true, how exclusive said lake would be to other people. Who would be able to gain access to it and what requirements would one need to have to gain a portion of Chemical X.

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Pain to do this all by phone -_-

I've felt your pain
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 am

Posted this a while ago, you get what I'm saying by looking at the pic.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:38 am

I remember when you posted these. Fairly solid proof of pre-existing connection between the two shows.
Flerp flerps

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 am

What I meant was the connection between Aku's matter being the same thing as chemical X, just to be clear c:

I remember seeing that pic floating around as well. Is this going to be in the side story too?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am

Cerulean wrote:What I meant was the connection between Aku's matter being the same thing as chemical X, just to be clear c:
Cerulean wrote:just to be clear c:
Cerulean wrote:c:
c: c: c: c:

lol, anyways
Cerulean wrote:I remember seeing that pic floating around as well. Is this going to be in the side story too?
Can you specify exactly what side story?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 am

Haha c:

I meant the Samurai Jack sidestory.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

Cerulean wrote:Wow, that is interesting Lingo. I vaguely recall the Aku-matter being Chemical X discussion but I couldn't draw the connection. It makes me wonder, if true, how exclusive said lake would be to other people. Who would be able to gain access to it and what requirements would one need to have to gain a portion of Chemical X.

Well actually:

BeeAre wrote:Chemical X is not Aku-based. But it is interesting people might think that, huh?

So at the very least, we know this concept won't be canon in PpGD.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 am

With these pre-existing connections, that to me is what makes it feasible that chemical X and aku are connected. Sure it's probably by art choice/coloration that chemical X is black, but if the chemical was the color Yellow or some other color, I would completely disregard the possibility of a connection. Yes, Aku is also green and flame'n red, but the black is symbolic to the plot/backstory of SJ. (hints "black lake" (kinda (I guess... (what was I talking about???))))

And as soon as I was about to post, Tenshi has already posted >_<

Side story as in possibly what is to come involving Jack?

Aaannnd now Cerulean has already posted confirming such. >_< >_< >_<

I'm handicapped with my phone! ;-;

And then Havoc reminds me of the sad truth....

Aku based? But what about Black Lake based? (or does that count??? ( i hope not .-. ))
Last edited by YesterdaysLingo on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flerp flerps

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 am

c: It has regressed back into me c:

No clue, but it'd help my other theory in GT. That Aku and Him are friends through the destruction of Townsville. I think that's the reason I posted the pic in the first place.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 am

Havoc751 wrote:So at the very least, we know this concept won't be canon in PpGD.

All's well that end's well. At least some understanding was gained on my part c:

YesterdaysLingo wrote:I'm handicapped with my phone! ;-;

Been there, and again I totally feel your pain.

Tenshi Nova wrote:c: It has regressed back into me c:
No clue, but it'd help my other theory in GT. That Aku and Him are friends through the destruction of Townsville. I think that's the reason I posted the pic in the first place.

That would be something if it were to be brought up. I suppose that that would require the collaboration of the new writer of GT though, to prevent inconsistencies. I feel like the side story would end up being a lot bigger than intended though (unless that was the intent) if it went that far. Or would it..It makes me wonder how far the story will go after the split (also makes me wonder how much it will show (with regards to what happens on the GT side and/or PPGD side)).

It will return when you least expect it c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 am

I think BR has already thought it out.

noooooooo uuuuuuuuu c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 am

YesterdaysLingo wrote:With these pre-existing connections, that to me is what makes it feasible that chemical X and aku are connected.

Just too bad that without any concrete evidence from the TV shows, and combined with BR's statement, it doesn't matter.

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Side story as in possibly what is to come involving Jack?

Yes. The side story explains how Jack got there, but it also more importantly explains how GT and PpGD are separate universes and not on the same time line.

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:18 am

The Biggest question I have is: How much does Jack know now? He did come from the future after all. Will the bomb be the thing that makes him fully aware of the potential disaster in Megaville, or does he already know something, if not everything about it?

A few other things about this has crossed my mind:

1) If Blossom was the one that caused the events in GT to happen, would Jack consider killing Blossom in order to save the future?

2) Will any of the PPG know about this? Because I think if Blossom found out about what happened to her in GT, she'd completely snap under the pressure.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:16 am

I highly doubt the possibility of Blossom being killed. It just doesn't click for me.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 am

I don't think he meant that she would definitely be killed. I think he was referring to the possible inner turmoil that Jack faced, should he become aware of the other Blossom's actions in the GT universe. I drew something simple in Microsoft Paint so that I could have a visual representation of the timelines.

In scenario 1 (below), Jack causes the split while still in the Distant Future. After a series of events, he lands in either GT Megaville or PPGD Megaville.

In scenario 2 (below), Jack manages to travel to the past. However he lands in Megaville, instead of Feudal Japan. His actions in Megaville cause the timeline to branch into either GT Megaville or PPGD Megaville.

The third possibility involves Jack doing something while in Feudal Japan to cause the split (Didn't feel like making that one :p).

Personally, I've been leaning towards scenario 2. At least, that is how I've been imagining the story unfolding. However, I started thinking about other possibilities after reading your response.

@Havoc, I'm not sure about the second suggestion. After all, Jack really has no reason to tell anyone about the occurrences in another timeline. The PPGD timeline is already unfolding in a different matter than the timeline of GT did. This Jack (if aware of the events in GT) should already know that his timeline isn't going to undergo the events that occurred in the GT timeline. But then, that's just my opinion.
Last edited by Cerulean on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 am

Well GT and PpGD aren't connected together in a linear time line like that, and the future is ever changing. So I would have to guess that if Jack did kill Blossom, it would make an alternate timeline for that event to have occurred. Because if Jack in the PpGD realm kills Blossom, that doesn't kill the GT one or stop the destruction of Megaville.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:22 am

Knowing Jack, imo he would never kill a child, he'd try and change Blossom(if she may turn evil) or protect her. He wouldn't kill unless they've already done a bad deed, and even then, I believe he tries to find an alternative, unless the person is completely evil.

I don't think I'm quite understanding what you mean Blood. If Jack kills Blossom, PPGD moves on and it would never reach the GT future because there is no Blossom.
Last edited by Tenshi Nova on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:55 am

I'm Blood, not Bleed.

PpGD and GT aren't connected to each other like that. They aren't on a linear timeline where GT is the future of PpGD. They are alternate timelines. This has a been pounded into the forums by BeeAre with the ban hammer. the two universes, or timelines, whatever, split off from each other a long time ago and can no longer influence each other. Jack killing Blossom outside of the GT line would be like me saying that if I killed a certain person today then 9/11 would never have happened. It's already too late to stop something like that. Killing Blossom now would do nothing to prevent the GT line from happening because whatever event caused the line to create two possibilities already happened.

Now concerning Jack, from which future did he come back from? We're dealing with two timelines alone with this, but adding in Jack you get a third where the future is so different that Aku is ruling the world. Time isn't set in stone, your future isn't set in stone. It bends and changes like the currents of the sea. Sure, you can look down a little bit and shoot off a prediction of what might happen, but there is no guarantee that it will happen.

My knowledge of time travel and theory of multi-verses is a little rusty, so bear with me as I attempt to explain this. This goes along the line of every action as a consequence, but what would the world be like if Ronald Reagen decided never to run for President, or that electricity was harnessed a hundred years earlier. Those would be examples of alternate universes that are similar to our own. I also like to tap on the Butterfly effect (I assume most of us understand what it is, but for those that don't, its that when you go back in time and alter even one little thing, it can have massive effects on the future. Even from simple actions like killing a butterfly somehow affects a Presidential race), a little bit on this one for Jack. We can assume because Jack is here that he did find some way home either back to his old time or closer to this present time. I'm guessing that since he is a school teacher now at Megaville that his mission is either accomplished and/or he can no longer time travel for reasons we don't know. Jack was in a future where he didn't exist until he showed up. Then if he went back in time, did something that disrupted the timeline into what it is now with GT and PpGD, and erased his own future.

imho, he got that rematch with Aku. One world he allowed him to live, and in the other he ended his evil.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:07 am

I SAID BLOOD, LIES!!!! ignore the 'edited 1 time'.

I get it now, thanks for the explanation. Didn't realize the separating factor had already happened.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Breach » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
We can assume because Jack is here that he did find some way home either back to his old time or closer to this present time. I'm guessing that since he is a school teacher now at Megaville that his mission is either accomplished and/or he can no longer time travel for reasons we don't know. Jack was in a future where he didn't exist until he showed up. Then if he went back in time, did something that disrupted the timeline into what it is now with GT and PpGD, and erased his own future.
Is it possible that jack could have made a pitstop and done something to piss off doctor x?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:11 pm

We haven't seen anything that denotes a issue between Dr X and Jack. Dr X doesn't seem like he is driven by an emotional need to make things right, but is instead a cold and calculated villain who takes logic and fact into consideration.

He very well could have, I just don't know how.

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:08 am

Blood Lord wrote:PpGD and GT aren't connected to each other like that. They aren't on a linear timeline where GT is the future of PpGD. They are alternate timelines. This has a been pounded into the forums by BeeAre with the ban hammer. the two universes, or timelines, whatever, split off from each other a long time ago and can no longer influence each other. Jack killing Blossom outside of the GT line would be like me saying that if I killed a certain person today then 9/11 would never have happened. It's already too late to stop something like that. Killing Blossom now would do nothing to prevent the GT line from happening because whatever event caused the line to create two possibilities already happened.

Well I meant would Jack "consider" killing Blossom an option, during the process of saving the future? But you have a point about Blossom's death not counting for anything now, since the separation happened a long time a go. I've been wondering; the point of separation, could it have happened sometime during the events of the previous story? I actually had somewhat of a theory about that, but it's kind of half-ass.

Blood Lord wrote:We can assume because Jack is here that he did find some way home either back to his old time or closer to this present time. I'm guessing that since he is a school teacher now at Megaville that his mission is either accomplished and/or he can no longer time travel for reasons we don't know. Jack was in a future where he didn't exist until he showed up. Then if he went back in time, did something that disrupted the timeline into what it is now with GT and PpGD, and erased his own future.

imho, he got that rematch with Aku. One world he allowed him to live, and in the other he ended his evil.

Hmmm.... I don't know if Aku will be involved, more than likely he will. The fact that Jack is in Both Timelines (GT an PpGD) makes predicting a little hard. Like I said, I don't know if:

1) Jack has had Knowledge of the GT future this entire time, and he's just really good at hiding it, or

2) he won't know anything about this until after the bomb does what ever it's suppose to do to start his story.

I say number 2 is more likely, since we haven't seen anything that indicates that he's aware of all of this. However I'm not completely ready to abandon that first one. On the other hand, this could explain why he's at the school in the first place, but I find this somewhat unlikely.

Cerulean wrote:I'm not sure about the second suggestion. After all, Jack really has no reason to tell anyone about the occurrences in another timeline. The PPGD timeline is already unfolding in a different matter than the timeline of GT did. This Jack (if aware of the events in GT) should already know that his timeline isn't going to undergo the events that occurred in the GT timeline. But then, that's just my opinion.

Nice job with the timeline graphs you made. I'm gonna say the second one is a safe bet, given what BR said about the separation happening a long time ago. When I said, "Will any of the PPG know about this?", I didn't mean Jack would tell them. I meant if this bomb somehow lets Jack know about this thing with GT, could it do the same to anyone else? But if Blossom found out about what everything that happened to her in GT, I think it'd be too much for her to handle psychologically. The same could be said of Buttercup and Bubbles (maybe).
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 am

Havoc751 wrote:But if Blossom found out about what everything that happened to her in GT, I think it'd be too much for her to handle psychologically.
The dying thing, or the becoming a flesh condom for 2+ separate demon lords? Because if it was simply death, I think she would laugh at that in the face, not to mention probably backing it up with the words along the lines of: "If I know it will happen- I can change it!"

But if it's the other one... well... There's nothing implying that either of those actions were forced. It seems consensual. Blossom seems like the kind of woman to keep a level head, especially in these events where she knows it's the most important to keep a level head.

As for my opinion on the timelines, even if you have to go back a thousand years to find a difference in them, they are linked, unfortunately. Megaville is present as are the heroes in two completely separate timelines. All reactions (Megaville being present in two timelines) require actions. (Causing a timeline split, causing two separate timelines) Instead of dancing around the subject and just screaming "Not canon" we are essentially missing very VERY interesting story segments involving how things ended up this way.

I've already talked my head off about this before, but a little refresher on what I've said all these times would be I think Grim Tales was the original timeline, counting as how we haven't seen any major time travel related incidents within it, while PPGD is the altered timeline, given just how prevalent time travel is within it. Not to mention Time Squad's presence, as well as Jack's. And while I know the two stories and the writers within the stories have absolutely nothing to do with each other, the worlds are required by logic to have some relation whether we like it or not.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!