A Foreshadowing of despair

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A Foreshadowing of despair

Postby DuncanWarlord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 am

This Is Message To BleedMan: Do you start a new Comic page after you post the previous ne or do you have several done ahead of timeso you can work on future comic pages and upload the others as you wish?

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 am

@Duncan Welcome to the forums c:
I don't think that Bleedman visits (or posts in) the forums, so there is a chance that he won't see this question.

@Lingo Nope, I wasn't implying that it was his scythe. I don't know where it came from(hammer space maybe?). That particular scene reminded me of this:
In the episode Scythe 2.0, Grim can go to F, a humanoid, Q-like character in the Underworld who is responsible for repairing the scythe.

So, I started to wonder whether or not he (F) made/sold scythes for/to other people. What I thought was that maybe he gave/sold a scythe to Him sometime in the past. While Minnie was possessed she could have simply drawn it out. I also found this on the wikia:
All the most prominent of Grim's powers stem from this scythe. For the most point, Grim is dependent upon the scythe in the series for his powers and is usually rendered powerless when disarmed, but has been seen shown as capable of magical feats without it.

So it made me wonder whether or not the power of reaping was solely in the scythe (Scythe 2.0 certainly tried reaping by itself in the show (and failed of course)). The problem, though, is that Jr. seemingly reaped Minnie without a scythe......
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:07 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Breach wrote:I'd guess it's a "rulers only thing." Possibly the reason they get their own realm in the first place. I mean that spawn couldn't have taken his soul for the demon to say that.

Your "evidence" or "examples" were crap on the rulers thing. Not only that, but your post makes no sense in what it has to do with Ari's post.

I thought it was quite interesting. What I thought s/he was trying to say is that the violater has been decapitated before and didn't die and implying that decapitation and mutilation are games to them because they are not bound by death either because they are very hard to kill or because no one comes to reap them.
Cerulean wrote:Quote:
In the episode Scythe 2.0, Grim can go to F, a humanoid, Q-like character in the Underworld who is responsible for repairing the scythe.

I just assumed that F was Grim's quarter master as was only responsible for providing scyths to reapers.
Cerulean wrote:Now this I wouldn't mind seeing c: Or maybe the next in line has to reap their predecessor (meaning Grim had to reap the reaper before him, and so on and so forth)

What happens when Grim dies is an interesting one. I don't think there was a reaper before Grim and the appearance of the human race called for one to be appointed (as he is a human skeleton) and when the human race ends a new one will appear in it's place followed by a new reaper
YesterdaysLingo wrote: i'd think HIM would hold Jeff under contract for his puppetry.

That's exactly what I said months ago. I compared it to how contracts can be made for souls in supernatural. And making contracts does seem like HIM.

I also have a topic of my own to bring up. It has been shown that reapers can touch souls as though they were solid. I would like to know if Jr fighting a ghost would be the most one sided fight in history due to his powers. I thought about it while thinking, if walker had a son and him and Jr fight, who would win?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:09 am

It is the underworld. Signed contracts overrule law and freewill every time. So nobody sign a dam thing till you read the microscopic fine-print.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:21 am

DuncanWarlord wrote:This Is Message To BleedMan: Do you start a new Comic page after you post the previous ne or do you have several done ahead of timeso you can work on future comic pages and upload the others as you wish?

Duncan, Bleedman doesn't check the forums. So asking him questions like this is silly. BR on the other had would know what he does and would be able to answer this question, if he sees it.

I do know a long time ago there was a plan implemented by Bleed, BR, Seir, and Grids (I think they all did it, idk) that would stock up several pages and attempt to do regular updates. I don't think it ever happened.

ari-6 wrote:It has been shown that reapers can touch souls as though they were solid. I would like to know if Jr fighting a ghost would be the most one sided fight in history due to his powers. I thought about it while thinking, if walker had a son and him and Jr fight, who would win?

The problem I have with Jr right now is that he's a powerhouse. I don't think there is anyone that can match him, but he doesn't have full control over himself yet. So I find fights against him is like a Gundam vs a tank. Especially he could snap again and we could repeat the Pumpkinator episode all over again.

I would be inclined to believe that Walker's son would win if they were fighting on a Ghost's playing field and if Walker's son used hit-and-run tactics on Jr and could keep away from him. But if the playing field was equal, I would expect Jr to eventually win, depending on his mastery of his hybrid powers.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 am

Ok I'm getting confused on this walker guy. Who is he?

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:12 pm

I pictured Jr not being able to control the ability to touch spirits at first and just being mocked by his opponent. Then when he finally figures out how to do it, he instantly gets his ass kicked due to the massive number of ghost powers. Plus just because he can touch ghosts doesn't mean he can catch them, DP could fly at 120mph after having his powers for about 6 months, a full ghost could probably move faster and Jr can't even fly. If someone needs a reason for why this fight would happen then I could definitely see Walker setting it up. I think we really need to see Jr lose in a full out fight and not just because he's passive. I feel like I am getting my hopes up for Walker to have a son but I am going to be disappointed.
I also hope that any OC ghost characters comply with chromatic scale of ghost powers.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Biocolor...
http://dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Walker

Thanks

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Biocolor wrote:Ok I'm getting confused on this walker guy. Who is he?

Ghost warden for a prison that contains (correct me if i am wrong) fellow ghost who oppose/cause problems for him. I haven't seen the episode i a while, so i will just show you.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:49 pm

He looks like a dumb a#$. I thought would look more intimidating.

Postby Eggnog » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Never judge a book by it's cover.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Biocolor wrote:He looks like a dumb a#$. I thought would look more intimidating.

Wow. From someone who never even saw DP.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Biocolor wrote:He looks like a dumb a#$. I thought would look more intimidating.

Go watch a episode of Danny phantom with him in it. Then reconsider your opinion.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Haha looks like I struck a nerve I remember him but he's not that bad.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Good hell. The amount of fails in the last few posts is horrid.

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
Biocolor wrote:Ok I'm getting confused on this walker guy. Who is he?

Ghost warden for a prison that contains (correct me if i am wrong) fellow ghost who oppose/cause problems for him. I haven't seen the episode i a while, so i will just show you.

Literally, that issue was solved in the post above you in a better fashion too. Wiki-links > pics. Look before you post next time. While it's nice that you cared enough to respond and help out, at least bother to see if someone else beat you to the punch. If their answer isn't enough, then feel free to help out.

Cursing is fine here. So feel free to let your inner sailor or marine out.

If you choose not to, then don't censor yourself like that. Use other words instead, like "he looks like a idiot."
Censoring yourself like this is like thinking smoking is bad, but buying a fake cigarette and trying to hang out with those that do. Make you choice, but don't fake it.

ari-6 wrote:Wow. From someone whose never even seen DP.

COME ON PEOPLE. LET'S AT LEAST TRY TO SOUND COHERENT!

Biocolor wrote:Haha looks like I struck a nerve I remember him but he's not that bad.

It's fine. You have your opinion.

And guys, Walker wasn't that bad ass of a villain.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm just sayin nightmare can run his job better. Hell he would volunteer.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
ari-6 wrote:Wow. From someone whose never even seen DP.

COME ON PEOPLE. LET'S AT LEAST TRY TO SOUND COHERENT!

Sorry I stuttered
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Biocolor wrote:I'm just sayin nightmare can run his job better. Hell he would volunteer.

Who? I know like, five different fictional characters that use the name of Nightmare.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm

I'd laugh if he was referring to Soul Calibur's Nightmare. Though... it would be interesting.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I believe he is referring to Nocturne, The powerful one shot antagonist who possesses control over the world of dreams.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I'd laugh if he was referring to Soul Calibur's Nightmare. Though... it would be interesting.

Now spin the wheel to see if you get the jack pot. Ding ding ding yooooouuu wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn. Haha

Postby Sigmas » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 pm

For those of you who don't know, this is Nightmare (SCV appearance).

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 pm

How does he go from talking about a character from DP to making an obscure reference to a character from a video game and expect us to know who he is talking about. Has anyone from soul caliber made an appearance in this comic?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Nope, he probably brought him up on the subject of intimidation value.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!