New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Heading To Trauma" (7/26/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Heading To Trauma" (7/26/13)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:26 am

Scenario 5: Gir decides to connect himself to Sam in order to complete a circuit complex enough to jump start the bomb. After or during the fight, not sure myself. c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:29 am

I think that if Scenario 2 get's as crazy as I'm imaging it would be that would defiantly be my favorite option.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Cerulean wrote:Scenario 1: Sam is prepared to use herself as the connector that jump starts the bomb. She is proud of the upgrades that she has received and fully prepared to show her gratitude by taking one for the team (or perhaps she has had the thought implanted in her, since she seems to be speaking in a more robotic/deranged voice now). Bell, however, would prefer the use of spare parts rather than sacrifice a member of the team (of course this hinges on how close Bell is to Sam (which is somewhat unknown)). Gir starts scanning for spare parts.

A couple of problems. The first is that I've never seen Sam display gratitude in this, so why would she now?

"Lol, guys. i luv u so much, imma gonna kill myself now to thank you"
"...wut?"

I don't think Bell would have that much a of a problem sacrificing Sam if it meant she could cause great pain or even death to Blossom and Buttercup.

So I find a lot of character personality to be the conflict in this. Not going to really continue with the rest right now.

I think you guys are over looking this too much. I don't think that they are referring to using each other, just pointing out the fact that despite what Blossom has done, they can still fix it and get the bomb to activate with the components that are still around. I suspect Gir is going to be tasked with the role while Bell and Sam move forward to hold Blossom and Buttercup back from interfering.

I'm not going to rule out the idea of Sam and/or Gir being used to activate the bomb. I am a little suspicious of it being Gir, since we already know Sam was going to die since this thing started. BUT I do serious question the motives that are being displayed for why they would do that. Bell and Sam are the "villains" and neither are in the mood right now to take one for the team unless it means killing the other team, and the only person that is going to do that is Sam. Bell wouldn't let Gir do that.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby duzzkiller » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 am

Just like Teen Titans' fighting against their shadow....Switch!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I'll admit that the scenarios definitely have their flaws. Gratitude was probably (no definitely) the wrong word of choice. When I thought about that particular scenario I wasn't thinking along the lines of:

However, I was thinking more along the lines about her devotion to the Cluster. She may be furious at Buttercup and company, but during the earlier stages of preparation at this fair(when she purchased the food from Buttercup's stand (page "Still Quiet on the Western Front")) she didn't let that anger get in the way of the ultimate plan. The whole reason she went down there was to stop Blossom from interfering with Bell (and possibly get a few punches/slices in), then of course Buttercup stopped her. If it meant the plan succeeding (and Buttercup losing by proxy) would she definitely sacrifice herself? Add in the machine voice, and the question comes up whether or not she is
A. Malfunctioning B. Slowly being taken over by the Machine C. being controlled remotely by someone in another area(something that was being discussed before)
Honestly, I don't know, because as you said we'd have to know a lot more about the character's personality (and the interaction between characters) for some (if not all) of them to work. But then, you're probably (definitely) right that I'm just over analyzing this.

I apologize for bringing this up again, I just wanted to explain my reasons for thinking as I had before this particular subject matter dies. So I'm dropping it now.

So, does anyone want to speculate on what is currently going on with Sam?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Cerulean wrote:I apologize for bringing this up again, I just wanted to explain my reasons for thinking as I had before this particular subject matter dies. So I'm dropping it now.

You don't need to apologize for that. You were giving your two cents on a situation. Relax.

I question people on the things they bring out to analyze their process of reasoning and thinking. Sometimes it is pretty good, other times... not so much. When I come out and it seems like I'm "attacking" something (sometimes it is true) often I'm just trying to see how the person thinks and got to that conclusion.

Cerulean wrote:Add in the machine voice, and the question comes up whether or not she is
A. Malfunctioning B. Slowly being taken over by the Machine C. being controlled remotely by someone in another area(something that was being discussed before)

I haven't heard this being discussed though. It's surprising to me on how much of a machine Sam has become. I don't think there is anything human left, not even the brain.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I'll keep that in mind in the future c:

It's definitely questionable now that her synthesizers seem to be failing at recreating her human voice.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:58 am

Cerulean wrote:Add in the machine voice, and the question comes up whether or not she is

I don't think Samantha's "being controlled". Because everything she has said in this page, matches her personality. It doesn't sound like someone else is talking for her. I say the "malfunctioning" theory sounds pretty plausible to me. After all, she did just get an ass-kicking and a half from Buttercup. Not to mention, last time we saw her she got hit right upside the head with big heavy bolas.However I'm not seeing anything that indicates sever damage like sparks, arcing electricity, or exposed wiring. I'm gonna go with either A or B.

Blood Lord wrote:A couple of problems. The first is that I've never seen Sam display gratitude in this, so why would she now?

"...wut?"

I did come up with another theory about Sam sacrificing herself. It's kind of half-ass, but here it is:
It's highly possible that she's running from something psychologically by making herself a machine. What if after she's defeated, whatever it is she's running from, hits her like a ton of bricks, and she realizes that she'll never achieve what she's trying to achieve by making herself a robot. So out of pure emotional turmoil and frustration, she decides to kill herself and take everyone else with her. Not a great theory but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 am

What about the possibility of Sam having the idea suggested to her? Or having someone interrupt her thought process to the point that this idea is the only one that makes sense?

I do tend to think that she is running from something as well. That's a good possibility (in my opinion), especially since we don't know what led to her desire to become 100% full metal. I thought of something similar after reading that theory. I think that Blossom could possibly analyze Sam's behavior and (unintentionally) hit a nerve while trying to find out why she is so intent on being perfect (should the topic actually come up during battle). However, instead of this event causing her to feel depressed, I can see it sending her further into a rage. From there, it could lead to Sam charging and (somehow lead to her) accidentally connecting the two wires (and start the bomb).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:05 am

Sadly for Sam, her logic is scary and annoying.
"Must remove all human weaknesses."
Falls to emotions.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:49 am

I'm kinda hoping Sam will die in a way that will make her a sympathetic character. But with the way she looks now, It's kind of hard to imagine that at this point.

Cerulean wrote:I do tend to think that she is running from something as well. That's a good possibility (in my opinion), especially since we don't know what led to her desire to become 100% full metal. I thought of something similar after reading that theory. I think that Blossom could possibly analyze Sam's behavior and (unintentionally) hit a nerve while trying to find out why she is so intent on being perfect (should the topic actually come up during battle). However, instead of this event causing her to feel depressed, I can see it sending her further into a rage. From there, it could lead to Sam charging and (somehow lead to her) accidentally connecting the two wires (and start the bomb).

I could see Blossom picking Sam apart psychologically like that. Unlike Buttercup who just beats the living shit out of her.
Your theory sounds a lot more sound than mine to tell you the truth.

I was thinking something like in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,    When Envy killed himself after realizing the one thing he wanted the most, he could never have. Humanity and understanding.   

Cerulean wrote:What about the possibility of Sam having the idea suggested to her? Or having someone interrupt her thought process to the point that this idea is the only one that makes sense?

I could kinda see that happening. If she starts losing, and doesn't want to give in to defeat. But she would have to go completely ape-shit crazy in order for this to happen.

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think there is anything human left, not even the brain.

I'm not so sure. BeeAre has only mentioned this once before.

BeeAre wrote:I note that by your own rating it appears that Samantha is more Cybermen than Dalek from the current transliteration of her words from cryptic Robo-Speak to English Exposition. And even more plain cyborg from the things we know that are lies to anyone organic in the story at minimum.

I'm not sure what to make of this. He was referring to that Dr.Who signature MadDoc had. At the time, I think he was saying that some parts of her, or at least her brain was still human. But since I don't know anything about Dr.Who, I can't really draw a conclusion.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 am

The irony is pretty funny though, she's holding a grudge against Buttercup, but she believes that flesh and emotions are the greatest weakness a human can hold (and must summarily be destroyed).

I don't remember what his signature said, but here's what I found on Tardis wikia:

Cybermen had no emotions and viewed them as a weakness. They frequently attempted to physically and mentally re-engineer humans and other humanoids into Cybermen, via a process called "cyber-conversion" or "upgrading".

EDIT:

Havoc751 wrote: I was thinking something like in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

It's not set in stone until it happens (well that or until BeeAre says otherwise), so it's still a possibility. That is a pretty nice example you have there by the way.
Last edited by Cerulean on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:18 am

Did the Wikia say anything about the "cybermen" having any organic parts or not?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:24 am

Something about humans becoming cyborgs or something. I skimmed it (I didn't see anything upon skimming that said the cybermen were organic (after the procedure), but then I did skim so I probably missed it :p), and I'm not familiar with Dr. Who at all. So I will just leave a link.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberman

EDIT: Ended up reading it anyway. Here's an interesting quote on the matter:
Cyber-conversion usually involved removing the brain of the subject painfully and placing it within a suit of armour. Once complete, the new Cybermen had a special implant which prevented them from feeling emotions. If the implants were disrupted, the Cybermen entered into a traumatic state caused by the pain of the conversion. This inevitably resulted in an agonising death from the overload of emotions. (TV: Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel)
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 am

True though when in a hurry they have been known to simply put the armor over the whole body (one of the episodes of Torchwood had a character whose girlfriend had been partially converted, and se still had a lot of human body and a fair amount of her personality intact (at least in the short term)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 am

This is where I come in. Most cyberman have almost all of their organic parts removed except for the brain. Some variants of the older series and the one in torchwood had fewer organic parts removed mostly due to limited resources and/or time. All cyberman have an emotional inhibitor that removes all emotions so the human brain don't go insane from the self realization. Sam makes me think of a combination of cluster, cyberman, and terminator (due to human skin). It is possible that all of her emotions are removed except for rage.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:46 am

The thing is, I'm doubting her even having her brain at this point.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 am

Sam is already going berserk, possibly from having a brain with only anger left as an emotion. A brain under the stress of emotions and non organic functions can cause insanity.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

She's showed other emotions besides anger.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Elation, just to name one.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Exactly.

I don't think she is breaking down, but that it is just the effects of the battle. She isn't being controlled either, there is no need to do that. She was more than willing to make as much of herself robotic as possible. That being said, I don't think she has her brain left, but that all of the functions, including memory and emotions have been placed into a digitized format, essentially making herself a AI or close to it. It is debatable if that level of technology exists and that it is possible to do so in this world. Now you do have XJ-9, Jenny who is a AI robot. I don't think it is that far out of the ability of the Dark Star council and the Cluster to take a sentient organism and turn it into a fully robotic unit still capable of remembering its past and feeling emotions.

At the same time it is just as possible to have Sam be similar to General Grievous and still have the brain and potentially a few vital organs.
Semper Vigilans

Postby BeeAre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Aggression and elation, sure. Maybe even more general perhaps; happiness and sadness. Emotions can be quantized as programmed response to a goal. EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE.

I've been thinking a lot about Sam's relevance to the story in the long term for a long time.

I've been eliminating the Darkstar Council systematically because they are dedicated to their cause and otherwise unimportant on Earth. They are a prelude to what happens off the Earth. :]

However, of all the Cluster representatives, Samantha is unique. But in a way that precedes Bell. A failure, to be frank. Dr. X's origins are pretty far-reaching as the means by which the various universes can begin overlapping. He is the Crossroads. It's even in his name.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:24 pm

BeeAre wrote: EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE.
:grin:

Sorry, just this brief moment of doctor who without people nagging me about it just elates me.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:32 am

So I'm just gonna go with "Sam's brain, and possibly the left half of her head, is still organic" unless I'm told otherwise.

BeeAre wrote:However, of all the Cluster representatives, Samantha is unique. But in a way that precedes Bell. A failure, to be frank. Dr. X's origins are pretty far-reaching as the means by which the various universes can begin overlapping. He is the Crossroads. It's even in his name.

So Samantha is basically a failure in the eyes of the Cluster? Dr.X has said somethings that have really stuck with me. Like the comment he made to Mojo about seeing the/a Powerpuff(s) at full potential and/or as adults. Also his Interests in humanity is quite peculiar to me.

Cerulean wrote:It's not set in stone until it happens (well that or until BeeAre says otherwise), so it's still a possibility. That is a pretty nice example you have there by the way.

I kinda want Sam to die in a way that makes us feel sorry for her. Something that doesn't make her seem so "one dimensional". But with her current appearance, I don't really see that happening.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 am

Havoc751 wrote:I kinda want Sam to die in a way that makes us feel sorry for her. Something that doesn't make her seem so "one dimensional". But with her current appearance, I don't really see that happening.

I already feel sorry for her, but mostly (ok, completely) from my own preconceived notions on what may(or may not) have happened to her in the past. I'm definitely anticipating Sam's death if for no other reason to discover some of her origins.

TheMadDoctor wrote:sorry, just this brief moment of doctor who without people nagging me about it just elates me.

Good for you c:

BeeAre wrote:I've been eliminating the Darkstar Council systematically because they are dedicated to their cause and otherwise unimportant on Earth. They are a prelude to what happens off the Earth. :]

The first thought that came to mind when I read that is Atomic Betty. Can I take this as also meaning that the Cluster(more specifically Vexus) isn't done just yet?

BeeAre wrote:Dr. X's origins are pretty far-reaching as the means by which the various universes can begin overlapping. He is the Crossroads. It's even in his name.

This makes me wonder if he will be mentioned in the Samurai Jack side story as well.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)