That time...

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

That time...

Postby noxux » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 am

Remember that golden age when I was not here and Snafu was a place of chat with alot of users like Riz, DarkDragon and many others with mods and non of them were drunk on Snafu.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Re: That time...

Postby Exodis » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 am

Nope, because I wasn't there to experience it.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:33 am

We'll make our own golden age.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:01 am

I thought that this was the Platinum Age?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:14 pm

There will be people that cannot be replaced like Doctress Who.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:18 pm

I remember the golden times to very much be the ones involving drunkenness. But I guess I'm biased since I was drunk at the time.

DarkDragon is posting again in the minecraft thread at least. Riz and Doctress... Oh god, are they gone?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Q.U. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Riz and DD is who you remember when you think of the golden age?

Strange.

When I think of the golden age I think of the endless flamewars between Grids and Seir. The massive walls of text of discussion and prerdictions about the comics from Riley, Blordy, BR, Skulfetish and me. The exploits of the drunk mod Mirak. The cheesy posts from JesusChrist (a.k.a. buttpirate a.k.a. punkychipsahoy), the troll posts from Rockwell, the random nobody puns from Nobody, the spam of Clan Coos, the chill posts by Nox, and the fucking Cheesemore.

Can't say those were the greatest times ever. But those were my times.

But I guess we have different experience.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby noxux » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Everyone has his own golden era.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Q.U. wrote:When I think of the golden age I think of the endless flamewars between Grids and Seir. The massive walls of text of discussion and prerdictions about the comics from Riley, Blordy, BR, Skulfetish and me. The exploits of the drunk mod Mirak. The cheesy posts from JesusChrist (a.k.a. buttpirate a.k.a. punkychipsahoy), the troll posts from Rockwell, the random nobody puns from Nobody, the spam of Clan Coos, the chill posts by Nox, and the fucking Cheesemore.

I agree with this.

That was my first years. Innocence was lost, friends made, and the comic discussions were fantastic. Damn those were some fine years.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Perspectives vary, but it does seem like SNAFU has been in steady decline for many, many years now. Which makes any day before today a better day, and arguably a "golden age", at least for someone who joined then. For me, I certainly remember there being more activity more five years ago, knew many people who are now gone and such, but today I know other people I didn't then and do other stuff, so I'm not sure it's comparable.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby OrangeBee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:46 am

I'm sure those Golden Ages you're all talking about involved a lot more comics...    How does one get their comic on here?   

Anyway, websites do this. They start off as babies (just starting out, confused and scared) then as a teenager (Thinking very highly of itself, becoming very popular) Then the Adult (Losing some of its spunk) Elderly (tired, old, on its last pill) and then it's DEAD (Everyone is gone, that last pill didn't do the trick like it should have but it sure as hell left its mark on the internet. People will be looking back on their days on that site!)
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Exodis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

Soooo you're saying this website's in a mid-life crisis?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby noxux » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 am

This thread is to remember the golden era/age of everyone but now is on how snafu will die. No Me gusta.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:51 am

Remembering the golden age, is implying that we're declining. Look on the bright side, in the case of death, we have no where to go but up, reborn. The remnants of the past immortalized in archive and conversation. Old members return to see it, in new glory. We can all build on it, make it something our predecessors would be proud of, and something the next generation would dream to achieve.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Q.U. wrote:Riz and DD is who you remember when you think of the golden age?

Strange.

When I think of the golden age I think of the endless flamewars between Grids and Seir. The massive walls of text of discussion and prerdictions about the comics from Riley, Blordy, BR, Skulfetish and me. The exploits of the drunk mod Mirak. The cheesy posts from JesusChrist (a.k.a. buttpirate a.k.a. punkychipsahoy), the troll posts from Rockwell, the random nobody puns from Nobody, the spam of Clan Coos, the chill posts by Nox, and the fucking Cheesemore.

But I guess we have different experience.

Hmm, strangely I don't remember you from those times at all
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Rival » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Blood Lord wrote:We'll make our own golden age.

Out of context this reads like a neo-Nazi slogan.
Q.U. wrote:When I think of the golden age I think of the endless flamewars between Grids and Seir. The massive walls of text of discussion and prerdictions about the comics from Riley, Blordy, BR, Skulfetish and me. The exploits of the drunk mod Mirak. The cheesy posts from JesusChrist (a.k.a. buttpirate a.k.a. punkychipsahoy), the troll posts from Rockwell, the random nobody puns from Nobody, the spam of Clan Coos, the chill posts by Nox, and the fucking Cheesemore.

Oh Q.U. son I am disappoint. You, mostly, describe 2009-2010 Bleedman section, I can see a guy like Blood Lord having a fondness for that era. Afterall less than a year ago he didn't know what creeypasta meant, which implies he doesn't surf the less mainstream areas of the Internet. And he was fascinated with a My Little Pony horror fanfiction and is now hyped for a Cars spin-off, so I don't expect to understand his bizarre taste in what's interesting to discuss. But you?

You've surfed the deep Internet via Tor, you sound like you've visitedh many chan boards, you are outspoken politically and well versed scientifically, surely you've participated in enough Internet discussions to place Bleedman section discussions low on the interesting discussions scale. I know the line "Can't say those were the greatest times ever. But those were my times." implies nostalgia, but I thought you'd be too cynical for that.

My personal opinion, I've participated in or lurked and read many interesting discussions in the Snafu section, RP's Weirdness and Spam, but the one constant of this forum throughout the last 9 years, was always that the Bleedman section was low-tier discussion wise. Often times it was the worst section. I can think of 2 maybe 3 interesting discussions I had there that still hold up. And 2009-2010 bleedman section was really bad, you not only had the normal amount of idiocy and fanboyism, but you also had the Griddles-Seiryuga conflict and the GT-PPGD fanbases butting heads. Also while mentioning Estrada/Punky/Jesus, you forgot to mention him and Stuff "flirting" by making one sentence posts for a few pages, once they thought a thread turned bad.

Oh and to be fair, I am aware that I'm totally co-responsible for how 2009-2010 Bleedman looked, I was a pretty active mod and posted in many threads, but I didn't have the wit, intelligence, charisma to improve the place in the slightest. I know this reads like whining, but in reality it's me realizing how much I improved as a person since those days and me being happy I'm no longer a mod.
Tuor wrote:Hmm, strangely I don't remember you from those times at all

He mostly describes the Bleedman section and he mostly posted there back then, and you didn't venture into that section before becoming Mod.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Tuor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Ah, I see, I see.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I don't know why, but reading Rival's post, got this song stuck in my head. I haven't heard it in years, but it just played in the background in my head as I read it.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiryu » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Rival wrote:Also while mentioning Estrada/Punky/Jesus, you forgot to mention him and Stuff "flirting" by making one sentence posts for a few pages, once they thought a thread turned bad.
I think he was actually flirting since all you did right now was remind me of how mad he'd get when someone else flirted with her.
Which I did constantly when he was around, Stuff and I would just laugh our cabooses off with that.

Thinking about this place around the time I joined, I remember quite well the chaos that was the spam forum and how a certain pony lover decided to go all dictator on it once he got his mod powers. Forbidding spam, getting the section renamed to off-topic and yet he'd delete all the off topic threads that were made, you couldn't have an opinion different from his or otherwise he'd make a thread just with a long wall of text to try and ridicule you...
Remember, guys? How Ganon "improved" the place so much?
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm being curious, what happened to him?
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby EagleMan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:14 pm

noxux wrote:Everyone has his own golden era.

Pretty much. There's no real reason to post here. You got some comics which are mostly dead and the comics still in progress aren't liable to attract the type of person who's able to contribute much (whether by age or personality). So for a while now we've been dying a slow death of attrition as members fade away and not enough come to replace them. And if a person's few favorite people disappear, then they no longer have a reason to post, and the cycle just gets worse and worse.

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Now, contrary to popular belief... I should clarify the following:

You've surfed the deep Internet via Tor

No, I never used Tor. I know what it is, what can be found there, and how to use it, but I have no need for it.

but I thought you'd be too cynical for that.

not only had the normal amount of idiocy and fanboyism, but you also had the Griddles-Seiryuga conflict and the GT-PPGD fanbases butting heads

My cynicism, I believe, lies in my finding amusement in the whole Grids v. Seir conflict. And the chaos it unleashed. To me it was a good experience, because I got to watch a clusterfuck. And I like that sort of things.

you forgot to mention him and Stuff "flirting" by making one sentence posts for a few pages, once they thought a thread turned bad.

I tend to lose interest in threads that don't amuse me, so I stop reading them.

Also, the reason why I describe the Bleedman 2009/2010 times is because that's when my activity on this forum went up significantly. Do keep in mind that I have been visiting mostly the Lit forum for about the whole first year after registration. I could have mentioned other entertaining memories I made there, with Kusang, ThyRobocop, Bobdude, Blazing, J-Dude, and Next-Gen. And later on my involvement with the writings of a few of them that I've been editing for at some point. But alas, same as your weirdness thread in RP, which I never visited, mentioning this would not ring any bells in the heads of anyone who still remains here to read it. Posting about things that nobody will remember or understand seemed like a waste of time.
Also, fear not, Rival. I still do keep my very first PM on this forum... I did not forget. No. I have learned.

Message subject: Re: Pedobear pic with RL Child
Sent: 10 Sep 2008, 12:27
To: Q.U.
Q.U. wrote:Well, okay... Since you seem so highly displeased about it.
Not that I've seen people saying they mind, but quite the opposite... still I don't make the rules here, so I won't.

As you said yourself whether people mind or not, does not matter. Many of the Bleedmanites are visting boards like 4chan so they're used to such jokes, but Dave's goal for this site is for minors to be able to visit the site and avoid bad publicity and real life children in suggestive poses in their underwear, is not helping.

In fact, had it been Kris as first Mod to view this pic, you'd have been banned already.

The story of the day when I almost got banned. Which makes me wonder, what would I be today if that did happen...
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Dave's goal for this site is for minors to be able to visit the site and avoid bad publicity and real life children in suggestive poses in their underwear, is not helping.

That went out the window a while ago.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm

I remember a while ago, someone mentioned how the site was originally supposed to be child friendly...
Then Blood mentioned Bunnywith...interesting read, and by 'a while ago' I hope I can assume that the limitations weren't only thrown away, but pretty much completely forgotten.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Probably because Dave doesn't even come here anymore. I wonder what he thinks when he pays the bills for the forum, especially since it doesn't even link to the comics anymore.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion