My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 am

Been so busy forgot to post the new page for the Pony Sailor Comic

Postby punzil504 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:36 am

@ Dibulba - If you hadn't, I would have. I love Fluttershy in this update.... and I think that's Daisy and Sparkler getting cameos as background... umm... humans.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:29 am

I really like human Fluttershy's design in the comic. As I pointed out earlier, I was surprised that the person who draws those comics didn't try to make her the most gorgeous girl they could. She's still really cute, but not to an extreme.

I guess they best way I know how to put it is that there's a lot of warmth to her character design and she easily comes off as more than just a pretty face along with all the other characters in this comic. I think it might be one of my favorite human designs for her.

I like the designs of the other characters as well, although I still say that humanized Rainbow Dash's would look better with shorter hair, but that's mostly just a personal preference. I also like how lively they are in all the panels, even if Pinkie is going a bit over the top in the silly stuff, but it is Pinkie after all.

Edit: By the way, this is cute and I for one support the idea of Derpy wearing glasses sometimes:
Bark

Postby Grivous » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Oh. My. GOD.

Children of the Night is finally done! AND IT'S GORGEOUS!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Dibullba » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 am

Dat animation.... Step up DHX!!!

And now for some heart failure!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 am

@ Grivous's post: And that dear friends is how DHX should do an MLP movie's animation. That was so dynamic and smooth and floaty and- *faints from the glorious charm and splendor of it*
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 pm

I almost died laughing at this!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm

That was just too precious.

Also, here's a thing:
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 am

Dat Totoro reference.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

@Dibullba's comic:

Aww, don't worry Wild Fire, you'll always be "Hnnng!" inducing levels of cuteness to me.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:11 am

Season 4 will start on November 23rd.

118 days to go.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 am

God damn it... Well, I do hope it's for the best and that we get more than 13 episodes for the season.

I'm still curious why it was only 13 for the 3rd season. Was there ever a reason given for that?
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 am

Sketch dump inbound!

Just watched Major League Pong Gods. God, I love that movie.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:God damn it... Well, I do hope it's for the best and that we get more than 13 episodes for the season.

I'm still curious why it was only 13 for the 3rd season. Was there ever a reason given for that?

It will be a 26 episode season. As to why season 3 was the way it was could have likely been contributed to making the movie. Even though the time frame for the movie would have spanned like 3-4 episodes, a lot of the things attributed to the movie had to be made from scratch such as the humanized sprites. Another factor likely could have been to balance out the work schedule for other shows on the HUB since two seasons of MLP had long seasons to build up the show already. So the smart thing done with S3 is that it wrapped up loose ends for S1 and S2 to build up a new plot that will be played out with S4.

Also new reason to get excited for S4 is the new writers. More specifically one specific writer that goes by the name Scott Sonneborn.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 am

Sonneborn has worked on notable cartoon series like Teamo Supremo, League of Superheroes and GI: Renegade.

Oh, I miss Teamo Supremo. Would expect more action in Season 4?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 am

Man I hope so, with the world building that they have set up with how powerful magic is and basically everything Rainbow Dash can do, I would love to see some more action and adventure.

Especially how they came up with getting around the fact that one of the main characters is an Alicorn (which might be able to curb stomp most normal enemies) by having the main villain this time being a "returning" evil Alicorn and from what I gathered, Celestia is taken out of the picture for the moment. I also wonder if they're going to do anything with Discord.

By the way, nice sketches as always Kusang.
Bark

Postby Brother Orin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I never played these games, but this video makes it look so fun.
At your service.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh shit, its a flash animation. I thought it was going to be an actual game.
Boy is my face red.
Oh well this was still pretty cool though. Don't know for sure why Sparky and Dash were fighting unless it was just for the sake of slap stick. I kind of liked to imagine that the player was screwing with some of the characters the whole time, which in the Sim isn't that big a leap considering how often people try to figure out gruesomely creative ways to kill off characters...

I really hope this stays lighthearted if they make another one.
Bark

Postby Brother Orin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 am

The animator said He's thinking of a Vinyl/Octavia or a Lyra/Bonbon version for the next installment, I see a dubstep dishwasher in the future.
At your service.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 am

Forgive me for being an idiot (who has never actually played a sim game) but is it normal for the characters to speak gibberish. Or is that an actual language I'm just not familiar with (no ethnic aspersions meant, but it does sound vaguely like Finnish to me)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am

To answer your question Mon-Kitsune that is what people like to call "Simlish"
Its basically just gibberish and yes it is normal for the games this animation is based off of. The Sim characters speak like that along with the little on screen prompts to convey how they feel without the use of actual voice acting. Some people find it charming, some find it annoying, some have no opinion one way or the other.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:To answer your question Mon-Kitsune that is what people like to call "Simlish"
Its basically just gibberish and yes it is normal for the games this animation is based off of. The Sim characters speak like that along with the little on screen prompts to convey how they feel without the use of actual voice acting. Some people find it charming, some find it annoying, some have no opinion one way or the other.

Thanks for the clarification. Not that I actually believe the ponies in the actual SHOW are really speaking English either. I simply assume cartoon conceit, where what we are hearing is a translation. As someone pointed out, the ponies do not/probably do not use our system of writing, since it really isn't good for a species with no fingers. That "pony code" that showed up a few pages ago makes a lot more sense, ergonomically (though if they all use it, you'd think Twilight wouldn't use a quill to write, but something more like a bingo stamp) Similarly the ponies ACTUAL spoken language is probably one compatible with their physical nature, such as their lack of prehensile lips, (so no B's or P's unless they all talk like ventriloquists). Or do they have those as well, there was Rarity's "kiss mark" on Spike, and a few times when a pony stuck their lip out when they were pouting.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 am

I found Simlish funny.
And it's not used only in The Sims but in SimCity and Spore too.
Not only voice actors do the Simlish in the games but singers too. Even Katy Perry sang some of her songs in a expasion pack once.

I loved the animation; so nostalgic.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Dibullba » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 am

Not sure if getting more adorable or just HNNNNGH

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

I loved the look on Fluffy's face when she got stuck in the box after jumping into from the stares, it was cute. I also thought it was cute when she bit Queenie on the nose.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)