Heading To Trauma

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Heading To Trauma

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 am

Picture of Princess watching? Share please :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby stratus » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 am

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 pm

@ Tenshi ;

Ok, ok. This is how/why I interpreted the page the way I did. The first 3 panels were nice and all, but the fourth one when Sam dropped from the upper level, I saw the text style of her dialouge start to devolve(more so probably evolve by Sams standards) into file text.

Blossom states the requirements to reachieve power connection to (I think) discourage their foes inlight of the need for high-end equipment/tech for repairs.

Sam then states 3 bubbles worth of text to which starts with the regular text that most characters use and then completely devolves into the last bubble into file text.

Sam speaking normally as she would and then into ( well, idk how to describe how I think she'd sound... Like a transformer i guess???) a more computing vocalization, kinda hit me when she stated that they do have a machine as in referring to herself as she devolved her voice into something like a voice "simulator". Thus nudging that she may be full machine by now.

Bell's statement I thought was merely to inform Sam that ther's no need for her to be rash in about using herself when there's parts and debris laying about that may suffice. Gir, picking up on this scans the areal for parts that bear similar structural functionality to the power tube. If Sam was referring to Gir I feel that Bell is oblivious to that at the moment.

Sam devolving text dialouge plus her statement that they do have a "machine" that of which is sophisticated enough to accomplish the task equals : Boast...

In my mind...

Idk anymore, thumbs tire, done for now hopes that clears something up.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Sigment » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Morebucks has gone from fake Powerpuff to fake Iron Man. I mean, I know she always wore a suit, but looking at it with Bleed's art style, I think of Iron Man. The palm blasters and chest core do not help me think otherwise.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Now that you mention it, she does.

Havoc751 wrote:Speaking of Naga, I had a theory that he could be some sort of being that has to do with space and time somehow? He appeared right after the bomb on the moon went off, so I have to wonder if well see him again once this time bomb goes off.

I know that this time bomb somehow kicks off Samurai Jack's side of the story, and helps prevent the events in Grim Tales from happening. But how it does this, I don't really know. What are your thoughts on this?

I would like to see him appear again. I feel like he may be is a very important piece of the puzzle (bomb and aftermath).

Jack was being assisted by Honeydew the last time we saw him. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to follow Buttercup and Sam down the hole (with the help of Honeydew's telekinesis), since I don't recall seeing them downstairs (I understand that there were a lot of people down there, but I don't recall even seeing a passing glance of them as the light engulfed everything). Maybe we will zoom to them after the bomb has gone off, and he will wonder something along the lines of "Where did we, or I, go wrong?" Thus launching the story into a flashback sequence regarding Jack's past.

Then again, he could be with the others in that basement. After the bomb envelops Blossom and company, we could be taken back to the basement where everyone is and see him become conscious just as the bomb's light comes toward him. Then we see his life flash before his eyes as the world is being engulfed by light.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Cerulean wrote: I would like to see him appear again. I feel like he may be is a very important piece of the puzzle (bomb and aftermath).

Jack was being assisted by Honeydew the last time we saw him. I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to follow Buttercup and Sam down the hole (with the help of Honeydew's telekinesis), since I don't recall seeing them downstairs (I understand that there were a lot of people down there, but I don't recall even seeing a passing glance of them as the light engulfed everything). Maybe we will zoom to them after the bomb has gone off, and he will wonder something along the lines of "Where did we, or I, go wrong?" Thus launching the story into a flashback sequence regarding Jack's past.

Then again, he could be with the others in that basement. After the bomb envelops Blossom and company, we could be taken back to the basement where everyone is and see him become conscious just as the bomb's light comes toward him. Then we see his life flash before his eyes as the world is being engulfed by light.

Jack and Honeydew have appeared downstairs when the bomb went off.

http://images.wikia.com/bleedmancomics/ ... 27_ppg.jpg

If you look good you can see Jack being supported by Honeydew while they just get sucked in by the blast.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Totally overlooked that, thanks c: In that case I'll just go with option number two:

After the bomb envelops Blossom and company, we could be taken back to the basement where everyone is and see him become conscious just as the bomb's light comes toward him. Then we see his life flash before his eyes as the world is being engulfed by light.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:24 pm

@Lingo
I see what you're saying now, I assumed that Bell's emphasis on those words was a way of bringing attention to Sam, while showing how much she belittles her.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sonata2011 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 pm

OH Yeah the muscles Buttercup's favorite plan....... :'( i missed you :Dexter:
Dexter Rules

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Hm, Blue I just realized, you weren't very active til recently. Just a bit curious as to why the sudden activeness. You can just ignore me, I'm typing on 3 hours of sleep. c: (You've made this face uncontrollably spammy for me, my friends are all questioning that face xD)

Sonata, we can't wait for the new chapter, and for the story to finally get a move on. But, they're trying their best, these pages are still pretty entertaining.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 am

Does anyone have an idea/opinion on how the fight(s) will proceed? Here are my thoughts:

No doubt, Bell will definitely feel the hurt from Buttercup. The problem, though, will be how Buttercup fares when/if Bell calms down (or Gir assists somehow while gathering parts). Same thing with Blossom vs Sam. Sam was barely able to keep up with Buttercup (in my opinion), and while I don't doubt that Blossom would be able to keep the upper hand, I feel that she is going to be somewhat handicapped with those hands (Easy targets for Sam is what I mean. Plus defending will be a little trickier). At the very least, she could out strategize Sam, but Sam seems to be acting (well, speaking) slightly more robotic (so I wonder whether or not she will strategize on the level of a machine? (Then again she also comes across as deranged. Should her brain be the only human thing left, she could be blinded by rage)). On some level strategy worked against Buttercup, but she (Buttercup) was strong enough to power through it. In any event, it will definitely be a sight to be seen.

It's fine haha. Well if I had to point to one thing, I guess it's just that I'm more sure of myself now than I was when I joined. I still second guess myself, but nowhere near the degree that I did back then. Long story short, more "why not" and less "not" (if that makes any sense).

Don't fight it, become one with the face, embrace it, only then can you truly master it c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 am

I think one side, doesn't matter which for me, will overpower the other, then reverses. Doesn't sound very cool, ik, but with details and actual combat, it makes for a good fight.

Most people don't believe me when I say, I used to be shy. Oh well, good for you!

nooooooo uuuu c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 pm

If I recall correctly, BR himself stated that Blossom is smarter than Bell but not stronger. While Buttercup is the flipside to that where she is stronger but not smarter than Bell.

I just want to see BR's words come to fruition in this up and coming fight.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:39 pm

I remember that too, it would be funny to see Bell be overwhelmed. again
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NOA » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:42 pm

If any one here can contact beeare I have a question for him

Will these characters appear and or reappear and by appear I mean background cameo
Ed,edd n eddy
Justice league
Perry the platypus
Timmy turner
Jimmy neutron
The secret Saturdays
Sym bionic Titan
Mac and bloo
Last edited by NOA on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now the world dont move to the beat of just on drum

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Sum bionic Titan?

That's sum weird ass shit right there. probably going to have to take the sum of a number and write a summary up for that to explain it.

You are perfectly able to ask BR yourself. Just send him a PM, or go to this thread and check the list: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30035

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 am

I'm very interested in how the Blossom vs. Samantha fight will go. If Buttercup was more than a match for Sam, and Blossom is weaker than Buttercup, I'm gonna guess that Sam and Blossom will be fairly equal in straight. I'm hoping somewhere along the lines, Sam will finally use that sword, so well know what it can do.

Cerulean wrote:After the bomb envelops Blossom and company, we could be taken back to the basement where everyone is and see him become conscious just as the bomb's light comes toward him. Then we see his life flash before his eyes as the world is being engulfed by light.

Actually, what I meant was; this bomb somehow starts out Jack's quest to undo/prevent what happened in GT, and save the future (I think). But if so, I'm not sure exactly how this associated with his story. Any thoughts on that?

Cerulean wrote:I would like to see him appear again. I feel like he may be is a very important piece of the puzzle (bomb and aftermath).

I would also like to see Clockwork involved in this somehow.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:26 am

Oh, ok I think that I understand what you're saying now. Honestly, up until you mentioned it, I hadn't thought that the bomb would have anything to do with Jack's quest (except for maybe a nice introduction into the story). I was under the impression that the story would just launch us immediately into the past and show us the portion of the story where both GT and PPGD were the same before the split happened. I wouldn't know how it would go afterwards though.

What you mentioned, however, about the bomb kick starting Jack's journey to prevent GT's future, made me think of something that BeeAre posted a while ago.

BeeAre wrote:There will not be a second Jack, except in brief blink-periods, to showcase the distortion of spacetime.

It made me rethink how this bomb could possibly jump start Jack's story. Is the blinking Jack, the Jack of the opposite timeline, or is it the Jack of the past (where both universes were the same before the split)? Will the stopgap take us back to the past so that we can experience Jack's past (before the universes became split)? Or will the Jack side story involve the Jack of the GT timeline joining the Time Squad in order to "fix" what was wronged? Could we see glimpses of either of these Jacks as the bomb is going off (and time becomes distorted?)? These are the questions that come to mind when I think about what you mentioned, and how the side story could be integrated into the main story. The most important question (for me at least), however, would be how would this stop gap benefit Dr. X and his plans if the bomb simply moved us back to a point in one (or more) character's (characters') past(s)?

Another question would be how GT's Jack interfering with the past would affect the overall storyline of GT (or at least GT's reader's perspective). So I'm not sure that the Jack of GT will try to change what has happened since that may accidentally invalidate GT. To be honest, I'm just not sure about it. Was that part of the side story confirmed(and/or hinted at possibly)?

I tried coming up with a solid answer but the questions kept popping up as I was typing. It got really complicated when I tried applying the meaning of the stop gap to what could happen. From what I'm understanding (at least from the predictions thread), a stop gap in this comic would involve something that substitutes the people in the present for some other people in the timeline before moving things back in place. With that in mind, it could be that we move back to Jack's past, then jump back to the present, but I just don't see how that would benefit Dr. X's plan, unless he gets to move to a portion of time to retrieve/change something (if that's possible). It also makes me wonder if Bell has already experienced a stop gap (while she was on the moon) and if we simply didn't notice the disruption in time due to the minimal amount of time that passed (due to her perception). Then we have Naga appear after the stop gap has taken place.... This is so complicated.

(EDIT: Another thought that came to mind was whether or not the stop gap would represent something different for each character. For Jack, it could be swapped for whatever happened in his past. For others, it could be something else. So maybe this was one of Dr. X's goals, or something.)

Did I answer your question at least?
If Clockwork were introduced, wouldn't he stop the stop gap from occurring after it happens? Or would he be involved with the Time Squad somehow?
Last edited by Cerulean on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 am

stratus wrote:Image

I WOULD GIVE A LOT OF THINGS TO SEE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

I would give just as much to see it blown the shit up just like every other imitation iron man armor someone makes. lol
Oh hello Soldier

Postby Sigment » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 am

The suit makes me think Iron Man, but the helmet, for whatever reason, makes me think of Mega Man.
*Whistles Wily Stage from Mega Man 2*
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Morebucks would be my favorite in this comic if that happened.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:36 pm

I personally think her intervention at this point would be a bit...forced and uncomfortable. It would be awesome to see this and few other cameos, with all the fun upgrades.

Favorite? I'm curious as to why.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 pm

At this point? Oh hell yeah. We know no one else goes in there, so her popping up out of no where would just be weird. Later though? It would be nice.

I'm a huge Iron Man fan. So her coming into the comic like this would be very cool to me.

Postby Havoc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:55 am

I could see Princess Morebucks Being a lot like Samantha in this comic. If Morebucks did show up in this comic, I would like to see her fight the PPG and some one else too. Like Dexter, the RRB, or even Bell.

Hmm.... Princess Morebucks + Iron Man = Iron Princess? Iron Bucks? More Iron? Princess Man?

Cerulean wrote:It made me rethink how this bomb could possibly jump start Jack's story. Is the blinking Jack, the Jack of the opposite timeline, or is it the Jack of the past (where both universes were the same before the split)? Will the stopgap take us back to the past so that we can experience Jack's past (before the universes became split)? Or will the Jack side story involve the Jack of the GT timeline joining the Time Squad in order to "fix" what was wronged? Could we see glimpses of either of these Jacks as the bomb is going off (and time becomes distorted?)? These are the questions that come to mind when I think about what you mentioned, and how the side story could be integrated into the main story. The most important question (for me at least), however, would be how would this stop gap benefit Dr. X and his plans if the bomb simply moved us back to a point in one (or more) character's (characters') past(s)?

Another question would be how GT's Jack interfering with the past would affect the overall storyline of GT (or at least GT's reader's perspective). So I'm not sure that the Jack of GT will try to change what has happened since that may accidentally invalidate GT. To be honest, I'm just not sure about it. Was that part of the side story confirmed(and/or hinted at possibly)?

I tried coming up with a solid answer but the questions kept popping up as I was typing. It got really complicated when I tried applying the meaning of the stop gap to what could happen. From what I'm understanding (at least from the predictions thread), a stop gap in this comic would involve something that substitutes the people in the present for some other people in the timeline before moving things back in place. With that in mind, it could be that we move back to Jack's past, then jump back to the present, but I just don't see how that would benefit Dr. X's plan, unless he gets to move to a portion of time to retrieve/change something (if that's possible). It also makes me wonder if Bell has already experienced a stop gap (while she was on the moon) and if we simply didn't notice the disruption in time due to the minimal amount of time that passed (due to her perception). Then we have Naga appear after the stop gap has taken place.... This is so complicated.

(EDIT: Another thought that came to mind was whether or not the stop gap would represent something different for each character. For Jack, it could be swapped for whatever happened in his past. For others, it could be something else. So maybe this was one of Dr. X's goals, or something.)

Did I answer your question at least?
If Clockwork were introduced, wouldn't he stop the stop gap from occurring after it happens? Or would he be involved with the Time Squad somehow?

These are all very interesting ideas. Some of them have crossed my own mind too. Like the Time Squad one or even the one where Clockwork helps him out. I even wondered if one of the PPG would get involved in this quest, however there's something about this that makes me wonder if it would be too much for one of the PPG to handle. I even came up with a theory that the time bomb is how Jack ended up in the present time period in the first place. Like maybe he found a time portal that was suppose to send him back to medieval Japan, but the time bomb cased an anomaly that sent him here in modern Megaville instead.

There's something Dr.X mentioned before that suck with me. He once told Mojo something that kinda sounded like he's seen a Powerpuff at full potential and/or as an adult before. http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=69

I can see what you mean by complected. Here's everything BR has said about Jack's story:

BeeAre wrote: I can show what amounts to Jack's journey into PpGD, and I could even show his, if distant, clean awareness of the chaos theory I can put to work. He could even briefly see what was at stake as the Grim Tales universe. ...Maybe. I like it, but Bleed has to draw it. So I would need to know what he thought. We'd get a lot done.

BeeAre wrote:There will not be a second Jack, except in brief blink-periods, to showcase the distortion of spacetime.

BeeAre wrote:But Jack's is not the only part of this story. There are two (three?) more origins that are deeply intertwined.

Samurai Jack having minor references to Townsville. I think making a small reference to that is a possibility.

BeeAre wrote:This is actually a part of my Jack Origin Story. ¦:3
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!