Heading To Trauma

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 am

BeeAre: It's easy to agree when you've got hostile homicidal hominids hovering h'round you!
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Heading To Trauma

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 am

Cute, BR...
So, they're outnumbered three against two? Sounds fair to me.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Lumino » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:46 am

Back to Back Badasses moment after a heartfelt Sistery Love episode?

I am seeing a rapid influx of pain in the near future.

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 am

Cute page. So either Sam is suicidal (and planning on using her body to reconnect the bomb) or she is planning on using Gir (with Bell planning to use other machines/Sam). Then again (and someone brought this up before), maybe Gir will try fixing the machine himself (he did say that he was analyzing structural disparities, so maybe he is looking for spare parts).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:50 am

Almost. We are so close to seeing Samantha full metal, I already get the picture put I would love to see her completely as a robot.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Yamitora1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:48 am

Holy beans and drag queens batman, this is a sticky situation!

Well, it seems that three elements are here, Family Unity, Devoted Friendship and of course Complete and Utter Hate for the good guys.

I have a feeling that there is also some time related paradox about to happen, in one time stream the bomb went off from the get-go, and in this one it has yet to go off leaving two time stream flowing side by side with no idea of what will happen to either one and if one will meet or even merge with the other.

All this started because in one stream Blossom failed to cut the power, in the other she managed to kill it but there is still the danger of the bomb.

I can't wait to see what happens next. I get the feeling that GIR will be working on fixing the power problem while Bell and (not sure her name) fights Blossom and Buttercup. And I foresee some opponent switching and tag-team-ups against one and both opponents.
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 am

I saw this comming, they switched around between homicidal maniacs. Sam has that Decepticon/terminator look now.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:50 am

@Yamitora1: There is no second timeline, pal. The bomb goes off, it's just a question of how. That means that despite Blossom's Technobabble 101, Gir (or Bell and Sam) still succeed. I'm surprised TheMadDoctor didn't address this, since he is a Time Lord.

@TheMadDoctor: Who wouldn't see an opponent swap coming? But wait, because there's more: according to their speech, Blossom (the Smartest) is going to try her Muscle Approach on Sam, while Buttercup (the Strongest) is going to try her Plan Approach on Bell. Forget for a moment that we've never seen 'Blossom vs Sam' and 'Bell+Gir vs Buttercup,' it's practically a given that both sisters' approach to her companion's strength is going to look different from what we see from that sister. If it gets brought off successfully, I expect it will look both interesting and cool. About 20% cooler, I'm thinking.

Sam is starting to look more Clusterbot than human. I suppose we're starting to see more of what being with the Cluster has done to her mind as well. Although a "Predicon, terrorize!" type of line could easily fit that look as well. I note her arm has been replaced with a metal lash of sorts. Holy nano-type replacement!

Spare parts? I hope they're not thinking of Jenny.

And Buttercup's look makes her seem a little homicidal herself.
A Page Flipper

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:10 am

It's time for Blossom and Buttercup vs. Bell and Sam. This is about to go intense and all out.

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 am

@Xi-1
I think Yamitora was referring to the April Fool's page. Not sure if he realized that it was April Fool's.

As for Sam's appearance... damn. But, with the exception of what is likely artificial skin, I doubt there's anything human left of her. The only thing I can think of would be her brain, unless they could transfer her mind into something artificial, which I'm pretty sure that they could, and did.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Drago2552 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:01 pm

So either Sam or Bell are going to use themselves to start the bomb.

Postby Stooge3434 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Well this is going to interesting :mrgreen:

Postby Vishock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Derp. Im pretty sure the battle will be something like Buttercup and Blossom fighting against 2 of the 3 enemies, and the other one will be likely setting up the bomb

Apart from the obvious...Sam is sure pissed.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Krest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Xi-1 wrote:@Yamitora1: There is no second timeline, pal. The bomb goes off, it's just a question of how. That means that despite Blossom's Technobabble 101, Gir (or Bell and Sam) still succeed. I'm surprised TheMadDoctor didn't address this, since he is a Time Lord.

Actually, the theory isn't far-fetched. We don't know what ALL the bomb does. The idea is that it either destroys or resets everything. It may reset time, in which case this may be happening for the second time.

At the point of convergence, namely when the bomb(s) go off, something odd may happen. The result of this may be what the Main Antagonist wanted from the very beginning. Perhaps there is some sort of secret or power hidden in the moment that both timelines intertwine.

"In mathematics, computer science and logic, convergence refers to the idea that different sequences of transformations come to a conclusion in a finite amount of time (the transformations are terminating), and that the conclusion reached is independent of the path taken to get to it (they are confluent)." - Wikipedia

In other words, the bomb resetting the universe won't erase the desired effect. Let's call this the Convergence Theory when using it in terms with this series.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:12 pm

This is a quote from those comments that are posted below the comic page (see page "Heading in the Light Direction"). I do like the theory of the bomb resetting something (I really doubt that it will destroy anything physical), but I don't think that this is what is happening now (at least not on earth, if that makes any sense). That doesn't mean that it can't/won't happen later though. Don't forget what happened on the moon (i.e. Naga).

BeeAre: Alternate Title: "Electric Avenue". And then we take it higher! Whamp whump, whemp-whemp whomp! Ready, everybody? Let's see just what happened in the Tower to lead to that little hourglass bomb enveloping the whole world.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Just wanted to put in, I believe Sam wants to use Gir to set the bomb off, and that Bell wants to use Sam to set it off.

Back to reading this thread with minimal interference.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby konata50 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Sounds like it is going to be a Free-For-All like Sam is aiming for Gir, Bell is aiming for Sam and Blossom and Buttercup aiming to beat both of them and all at each other Blossom can only use her Eyes and Legs. and Buttercup is ready to kick bells butt
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Just wanted to put in, I believe Sam wants to use Gir to set the bomb off,

That's is what I thought at first, but now looking at how the dialogue was portrayed in this page, it sounds (feels (in away)) more so as a boast in how the text transitioned.

There's my two cents.
May devote a nickel next go around, who knows..
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Your implications would only be supported after the characters find out what the bomb does. My only counters would be that, Gir hasn't already attempted to set it off, and that Sam shouldn't be affected by 'glory'.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Doesn't Sam (appear to) hold (some at the very least) pride towards the technological augmentations that she possesses? Hardware I guess would suffice/qualify as a appropriate term IF she is wholly machine by now.
Flerp flerps

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Again, we wouldn't know if you're right, until after the characters learn what the bomb does. Until they learn that it won't kill everyone(seeing as only Bell knows(possibly Sam)), we're both right until one is proven wrong. I like the idea that it was a boast, but it something we won't know til after the bomb blows.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:18 am

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow at the moment...

The effect and knowledge of the "intended" effect is important, but does it weigh that heavily at the moment? Sam's rebuttal to Blossom was on the grounds of re-establishing power to the bomb.
Which regardless is necessary for the bomb to function properly.

Sam is inferring that she is (or, yes, quite possibly ( most certainly) GIR) capable of re-establishing the power to the bomb.

I feel like I'm missing something/ a point that is blatantly obvious that you'll call me out on Tenshi that'll make my sayings void... However I am naive. And I am sorry for that.
Flerp flerps

Postby Havoc » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:24 am

Cerulean wrote:This is a quote from those comments that are posted below the comic page (see page "Heading in the Light Direction"). I do like the theory of the bomb resetting something (I really doubt that it will destroy anything physical), but I don't think that this is what is happening now (at least not on earth, if that makes any sense). That doesn't mean that it can't/won't happen later though. Don't forget what happened on the moon (i.e. Naga).

Speaking of Naga, I had a theory that he could be some sort of being that has to do with space and time somehow? He appeared right after the bomb on the moon went off, so I have to wonder if well see him again once this time bomb goes off.

I know that this time bomb somehow kicks off Samurai Jack's side of the story, and helps prevent the events in Grim Tales from happening. But how it does this, I don't really know. What are your thoughts on this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 am

@YesterdayLingo

I believe that Sam wants to use Gir and Bell wants to use Sam to set off the bomb.

I believe you're saying that Sam is boasting about herself, and that Bell is referring to Gir. If the bomb were to kill, as Blossom and Buttercup believes, Bell would not want Gir to be used, then what they're saying would be threats.

If the bomb doesn't kill, as Bell earlier implied, the setting the bomb off could be viewed as an achievement, which would make what they're saying a boast. But this information will not be relevant until the the aftermath of the bomb.

Basically, I don't think they would boast about who would commit suicide, rather who would accomplish the mission. Sam is trying to remove her humanity, imo vanity is a big one. But for the moment, if the bomb kills the machine activating it, I don't see why Bell would boast Gir.

That's how I interpreted your words. :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:33 am

The stupid thing is that we will lose a prominent character of the comics. But a cool and important character, like in Bleach, has to go eventually. The question is if it will be Samantha or GIR. I have a feeling it will be Sam because she is going full out and we actually will see everything of her (wouldn't mind having a few pages of backstory of her when she is going to die, sorry if I sound like I know she's going to die).

And maybe when one of them is gone, another villain like Mojo Jojo, Zim or Princess (still curious about that art where she is watching the fight of the girls) can get some more attention.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!