New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Heading To Trauma" (7/26/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Heading To Trauma" (7/26/13)

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 am

I like this page a lot. Especially the end. :)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Heading To Trauma" (7/26/13)

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 am

Ha! I like where this is going. Also, holy fuck! Samantha looks all kinds of terrifying!
Blossom's face in the third panel, looks really weird to me.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

I agree, this fight is going to be amazing. Here's what I posted in the other thread (for anyone who doesn't post in or read both threads):

Cute page. So either Sam is suicidal (and planning on using her body to reconnect the bomb) or she is planning on using Gir (with Bell planning to use other machines/Sam). Then again (and someone brought this up before), maybe Gir will try fixing the machine himself (he did say that he was analyzing structural disparities, so maybe he is looking for spare parts).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:12 am

Sweet mother of Shotaro Ishinomori, Samantha looks badass in her bugbot form. Props to Bleedman on doing insectoid-robots.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 am

I'd like to say I called Sam being able to be used to reactivate the bomb. I just wasn't exactly sure how that would work but still called it. So now we get to see a reversal role fight, Blossom vs Sam while Buttercup vs Bell, can't wait to see how this turns out!
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:40 am

I thought Sam was implying the use of Gir, and Bell implies the use of Sam. I also think Bell only sees Sam as a set of spare parts after the comment on Gir.

A couple things I'm sure people have noticed and will mention anyway. I've seen a few compliments to the homicidal looks Sam and Buttercup have, but none to Blossom's pose in the 4th panel. I think she looks awesome for the scene :D
In the same panel and the next, Sam has Jack's sword.
One thing I remembered, that I thought was a bit funny, remember back when Dexter needed to look for muscle in order to move the door. Here we have their plan of action xD
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:36 am

I like how they are back to back facing "each others' enemy." Looks like Buttercup will be the one to fight Bell this time.

Not sure if Blossom in her brokenness can do TOO much to Sam, but hell... isn't it already preordained that they will fail here?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 am

It's been pretty much confirmed that these are the events leading up to detonation, and not an alternate situation. So in terms of the bomb going off, yes, they will fail. But since this bomb doesn't exactly go "Boom", this shouldn't be the end.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 pm

I like it! Especially, the ending panel! But I still don't think the battle is gonna be that easy even with the 2-on-2 (or 3) battle. My predictions: Interfering or cutting in the fight to help the other out and performing double teams (I thought of some others, but considering the time, I had to cut it short at that and don't want to get ahead of myself).

It would be funny if Samantha and Bell would fight each other during the fight against Blossom and Buttercup.
I am the Winner

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 pm

AwSOmE pAGe Is Awesome- SpELl CHecK isn't BaDaSS enough tO lEt me dO ThIS rIgHT

So, awesome ass kicking commence? cuz I think they've run out of things to talk about.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 pm

I agree with Firebird. I think we'll see Blossom and Buttercup doing awesome combos, while watching Sam and Bell bicker while failing. Course the possibility that Sam and Bell go straight villainous badass is there.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Collider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:13 pm

The last pages of this comic have all had some truly terrific dialogue. It might be just me, but I've long felt that PPGD has become much more refined than Bleedman's other comics.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Define, 'refined'.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Collider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Define, 'refined'.

I don't really understand why you would ask that question, but I'll play along. By "refined", I meant that PPGD is, in my view, significantly more polished and elegant than Sugarbits and Grim Tales. The dialogue is only a part of that, but it is the one aspect that stands out the most, especially when I feel there's such a gap in quality between this comic and the others in that regard.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 pm

What I'm trying to understand is, are you talking about character interaction? or just the entire average of the content.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Collider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:What I'm trying to understand is, are you talking about character interaction? or just the entire average of the content.

Oh, I see. Everything, actually. Sugarbits has long become a very jumbled, contrived mess, and Grim Tales seems to be going wherever the hell Bleedman feels like it should go, as the recent introduction of Chi easily proves. PPGD, on the other hand, always gives me the feeling that its plot is being unraveled by a steady, competent writer, which makes an enormous difference in how I perceive the story.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Ah, in that context then, I agree. I feel that GT has a lot of potential though. As much as I want to see the new arc finally start up, they're doing a very good job keeping us entertained during this part.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:02 pm

OMG poor sam
I didnt know she lost her leg too. Or is she jsut purposly exposing it becuase of her rage?
This just aint fair for her, I knew for a while she was gonna end up the conduit for the bomb to work, Its been playing in my mind for a few months now, but I thought it be more of a self sacrifice for the mission kind of thing. When the bomb detonated, Battus didnt mind dying anymore, I wonder why.

Anyway I think the game is keepaway from gir until bell manges to get a chance to use same to reactivate the bomb. I almost thought it was odd of her to suggest gir, who I wouldnt of considered an advance piece of machinery, unless he's been upgraded.

Postby Shockwave » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 pm

(great page again.)

..mycurrentfeels.exe..
Badass Sist-epic Anomaly Detected.
My Body Status: Pending..... Ready!.
Welcome to Tekken Tag Tournament PPG edition.
"Let's do this. Leeroooooooy~"

Postby Biostar » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:16 am

rac7d wrote:When the bomb detonated, Battus didn't mind dying anymore, I wonder why.

Possibly because
1. Battus got the last laugh and was able to rub Monkey's failure in his face.
2. Or the time bomb might reverse his death anyway.

Anyway I think the game is keep away from gir until bell manages to get a chance to use same to reactivate the bomb. I almost thought it was odd of her to suggest gir, who I wouldn't of considered an advance piece of machinery, unless he's been upgraded.

Considering she brought a headband that essentially upgraded him, that's not far-fetched.

Postby BlossomChick » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:00 pm

I LOVED Blossom in panel 4 too, think she looked a lot older and wiser there. And panel 3 Blossom reminds me of Adventure Time :mrgreen:

I sure hope Blossom and BC don't get their butt's kicked. I am looking forward to combo moves too, an appearance of the 'Cherry bomb' attack Blossom and Buttercup perform in the original series would be awesome (although they can't exactly go to space...) These two interact brilliantly together in the series, it's nice seeing them here together being all sisterly (even though they are potentially in mortal peril).

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

I don't see how Gir isn't an advanced piece of machinery. Have you guys seen Invader Zim?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:29 am

I like how the pictures images speak for themselves. I don't need to read what is said. Very gokd beeare.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Havoc » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:48 am

Collider wrote:Oh, I see. Everything, actually. Sugarbits has long become a very jumbled, contrived mess, and Grim Tales seems to be going wherever the hell Bleedman feels like it should go, as the recent introduction of Chi easily proves. PPGD, on the other hand, always gives me the feeling that its plot is being unraveled by a steady, competent writer, which makes an enormous difference in how I perceive the story.

I agree with you. Grim Tales jumps around too much. I sometimes wonder if Bleed even thought through most of the things regarding the heroes. Personally, I like PpGD better.

Cerulean wrote:I agree, this fight is going to be amazing. Here's what I posted in the other thread (for anyone who doesn't post in or read both threads):

Cute page. So either Sam is suicidal (and planning on using her body to reconnect the bomb) or she is planning on using Gir (with Bell planning to use other machines/Sam). Then again (and someone brought this up before), maybe Gir will try fixing the machine himself (he did say that he was analyzing structural disparities, so maybe he is looking for spare parts).

Everyone but Bell has been significantly injured, I'm hoping that'll change here soon. It's high time she sustained her fair-share of battle damage. I bet Buttercup will have no problem kicking the shit out of Bell. But I have to wonder how Blossom'll fair against Samantha.

I'm not quite sure what Sam and Bell are talking about. Are they insisting that both Sam and Gir can fix the power connector? I almost sounds like Bell and Gir want to go all 'chop-shop' on Sam, and use her bionic parts to repair the power connector.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:22 am

No doubt, Bell will definitely feel the hurt from Buttercup. The problem, though, will be how Buttercup fares when/if Bell calms down (or Gir assists somehow while gathering parts). Same thing with Blossom vs Sam. Sam was barely able to keep up with Buttercup (in my opinion), and while I don't doubt that Blossom would be able to keep the upper hand, I feel that she is going to be somewhat handicapped with those hands (Easy targets for Sam is what I mean. Plus defending will be trickier). At the very least, she could out strategize Sam, but Sam seems to be acting (well, speaking) slightly more robotic (so I wonder whether or not she will strategize on the level of a machine? (Then again she also comes across as deranged. Should her brain be the only human thing left, she could be blinded by rage)). On some level strategy worked against Buttercup, but she (Buttercup) was strong enough to power through it. In any event, it will definitely be a sight to be seen.

In my opinion the dialogue between them is pretty ambiguous (not that that's bad or anything). There are a few scenarios that I've thought (and read) that could explain the wording:

Scenario 1: Sam is prepared to use herself as the connector that jump starts the bomb. She is proud of the upgrades that she has received and fully prepared to show her gratitude by taking one for the team (or perhaps she has had the thought implanted in her, since she seems to be speaking in a more robotic/deranged voice now). Bell, however, would prefer the use of spare parts rather than sacrifice a member of the team (of course this hinges on how close Bell is to Sam (which is somewhat unknown)). Gir starts scanning for spare parts.

Scenario 2: Sam plans to use herself, however Bell misinterprets her words to mean that she wants to use Gir. Bell then issues the threat that there are more machines that can be used (I.e. Sam). After having Gir be threatened once already, I can see her turn on Sam (friend of her father or not, Gir is her priority at this moment) should she actually try to follow through on the "threat" (plus Bell isn't mentally stable, so she may view this as her vs. them). Gir misunderstands wording, starts scanning for spare parts.

Scenario 3: Sam was referring to Gir, and Bell issued a threat to Sam in response. Gir misunderstands and scans for spare parts.

Scenario 4: Sam was referring to Gir, however Bell misunderstood and thought that she was going to use her own body. To prevent an incident that is similar in nature to that of Mandark's, she suggests the machinery that is already in the room. Gir scans for spare parts.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)