Talk the talk now walk the walk

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Talk the talk now walk the walk

Postby Vishock » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Man, Billy will sure wreck some shit if he were in the series as a current character.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 am

Spas93 wrote:Anyway, as always fantastic artwork yet again.

For me the novelty of the art style wore off a while ago but the character designs still look really interesting. Hello new person! Is anyone else wondering when we are going to see the new costumes we were shown in the cover page?
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm

*Raises his hand*

I say that Jr. may not know how to fly yet, because Minnie herself said so.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=143
This has only been a week later, right? I doubt that Jr. has had the time for training, what with taking care of Mimi. And Minnie... she may not want to train him at this point... Or maybe she would, if he asked her. She would likely enjoy the attention he'd be giving her, in my opinion.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Stooge3434 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I agree

Postby Vishock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Hmmm, another good point there.
So I guess the nergal part could make some wings but it's up to Junior to know how to use them properly...Oh.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 pm

I think wings will appear.
Sigment Kurosai wrote:We all know that he can have wings. The problem for him is that he seems to have yet to be able to call upon them at will. I'm merely thinking that (in true anime style) the emotion trigger of Mimi being in such danger will allow him to use his wings for the first time since he first obtained them.
Using your quote, to respond to you. :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 pm

You know, if nothing else, Minnie could use the nergal language at the last minute to force the wings to work. Sometimes I want to think that Minnie is hoping that both fall, so that she can either:
A.) Save them both and get her brother's favor.
B.) Let Mimi fall to her death, but manage to rescue Jr. (I wonder at times whether or not the fall would simply cause him to fall to pieces instead actually killing him, hence her seeming nonchalance at not immediately rescuing her brother.) He may be upset, but at least she will have him to herself.

I like to think that Minnie is too pure of heart for a diabolical scheme like that, but jealousy does strange things to people (well that and she IS Mandy's daughter).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:50 pm

As dark as that sounds, I'm afraid that the writers are too light hearted to let Mimi die, imo anyways. The idea of Minnie shouting out to help them would be funny, Mandy would just look at her saying/thinking, "After that monologue, you helped them?"

I would enjoy seeing Mimi's death though. It would crush my heart, but it would twist the entire story. They finally finished her further orientation. They introduce Chi, who loves Mimi. Him aligned with Aku, and rumors of war. Mimi dying would be that cherry on top that would catch everyone off guard.
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 pm

True, but it doesn't mean that she is/isn't planning it :p It'd feel like a classic tsundere moment if she did save both after that big speech.

It would definitely be the thing that no one would expect if Mimi did die (especially after so much time has been spent on her recently). Though, as you said, she probably won't.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 pm

I wonder, is Minnie a tsundere, a yandere in hiding, or just a jealous wanna-be princess(by princess I mean, longing for Junior's affection).

I'm just going to call you Blue(Cerulean is too much for me, and I keep thinking the color either way :p).

Damn it Blue :p Now I want to see Mimi die. Ofc, I don't want her to, but the plot would be so much better, why must you twist my thoughts xD
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:22 pm

She definitely displays qualities of all three (though at different times). Haha blue is fine :p

Though it is true that so much could theoretically happen should Mimi perish here (Please note everyone that we are aware of the extremely low probability of her dying, it is just for the sake of discussion) Somehow, I could easily see Him attempt to bypass the laws regarding war and simply intrude upon Grimskull. The question is what terms would be considered acceptable for invasion by the council. Would they turn the other cheek? Are some members corrupted?

You know something I just realized? She wouldn't die unless she were reaped (which would have to be done by either Jr. or Grim) It makes me wonder how good the health care is in the underworld. Let's say she fell and horribly injured herself, but didn't get reaped. Would they just sew her up again, or make a new body for her?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 pm

I really do hope Minnie and Mimi start a love/hate relationship, "frienemies?" I believe is a popular term for it.

I wonder how well kept the laws in the underworld are. For all we know the laws could just be mere suggestions to help keep what little peace they have.

I also had that thought before, but in this comic Grim doesn't seem to be the only person with a say when it comes to death. Why would Him start a war against immortals? I doubt the possibility of Mimi being put into a doll, like Minnie. Imagine the controversy, imagine the jealousy. :angry: <--Minnie all day
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I really do hope Minnie and Mimi start a love/hate relationship, "frienemies?" I believe is a popular term for it.

Another word would be "rivals", I believe.

Also, I'll take you quoting me as a compliment. You always seem to have evidence to back up your arguments, Tenshi. Or at the very least, you put thought into your words.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Rivals is a good word, but I feel it was lacking the emotional competition. Course 'love rival' would help support 'rival' being a better word. Arguing with myself, I'm definitely sane. You're right 'rival' is a better word.

It was a compliment :D
I don't ever argue a point unless I have some knowledge behind it, it's not my own choice, just a nice quality I'm lucky enough to have.
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Why would Him start a war against immortals demi-immortals?

Which links us back to the over-arching question of why he wants war period. Power? Glory? Both?

I think that regardless of what happens Minnie isn't going to be happy (At least not until both her and Mimi come to some sort of understanding/friendship/(or become frenemies) in the future).
Last edited by Cerulean on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 pm

In it for the rep :D
I'm not personally sure, but the death thing brings us back to Mimi possibly dying.
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Good point c:

Yes, there is always that chance that she could die. If she did though, would her spirit remain at Castle Grimskull? Or would she be taken to one of the other realms? (Let's say the Ghost Zone for example)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:07 am

If the story dives into a harem, I think there will be a ghost girl, Box Lunch is who I'm rooting for. So for my own personal thought, no Mimi won't become a spirit. If she died, she would remain dead.

If she were to come back, then yes I'd say becoming a spirit, or being resurrected. Not sure who'd resurrect her, but I don't think it'll be a member of Grimskull. It would be interesting to see her ghost in the Ghost Zone though, a race between Junior, Chi and third parties, to get Mimi's remnants.

I'm tired, the forums always seem so active when I'm sleeping or at work T.T
I look forward to continue the discussions tomorrow. G'night You make it so tempting to make this face c:
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 am

I'm not quite sure why you would think that she wouldn't become a spirit/ghost, but I'll wait for your response tomorrow (or maybe someone else can give me some insight?)

My reasons for thinking that she would become a spirit involved something that was being discussed in one of the previous threads (which is currently escaping my mind right now). The topic was about why ghosts form when living things die. Someone said that it was due to the soul not being able to move on. I'd imagine that Mimi would probably regret not being able to help Jeff (and not being able to move on until he is saved).

Good Night Tenshi c:yes it is a fun face to make

If anyone else would like to chip in their opinions/theories (about anything GT related) feel free c:

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 am

I think (then again, I have a tendency to be wrong), that Tenshi was stating this from a plot flow perspective. When he says:
Tenshi Nova wrote:no Mimi won't become a spirit. If she died, she would remain dead.

He is not denouncing the possibility of mimi appearing as a spirit after her death, but that she will linger and continue to play a active role in the storyline...

Then again, I'm not Tenshi.. So... Who knows.

Edit : I had a note worthy/cringing typo that I couldn't stand... That is all.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:00 am

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense c:

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:04 am

I was spam clicking this forum yesterday, bored out of my mind waiting for an interesting conversation to start but every time it was 130. Then as soon as I go to bed something happens. The only solution: never sleep. I wanna talk about stuff too. So if Mimi did die it would really be a twist that no one saw coming (yes Cerulean/Blue topaz suggested it but I don't think anyone actually thinks it WILL happen) It is the wrong time for something like that to happen, BUT if she were to die I don't think she would come back as a ghost because it would defeat the point unexpectedly killing her off.

I also want Minnie and Mimi to be friends. It would be funny if she became more friendly towards Minnie than she did towards Jr. Just can't imagine how that would happen, I just want to see the four main characters forming some kind of friendship, however unlikely it is. FULL ON FRIENDSHIP!

On twists that would be funny not heartbreaking, I know this has already been talked about plenty but it would be hilarious if Mimi were a lesbian and never had any interest in Jr in that way at all. But mainly because I enjoy watching ships sink. I also really like the idea of a ghost girl character but instead of box lunch I want to see Dani, but I'm not sure if she would be their age or an adult.
.....And I think that's everything I wanted to talk about when I was asleep. Now back to bed.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 am

NO!, BOX LUNCH IS EVERYTHING!!!!!, ahem, excuse my caps.

Yesterday and Ari, got it right. It would be bit pointless to kill Mimi, just to have her comeback. That's just my opinion.
@Ari, I think Mimi dying here would be amazing timing, the build up would impact everyone substantially.

As I also mentioned, if she were to die and resurrect as a spirit, it would be fun watching multiple parties race into the Ghost Zone, searching for Mimi's remnants.

Another possibility would be Mimi being resurrected by someone, I think outside of Grimskull the most likely, and causing some plot development there. I denounce the possibility for Mimi resurrecting in Grimskull, because I feel it wouldn't be as interesting to watch her die, and then, "Wow, never mind, forgot Death lives here."
Rocks

Postby Vishock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 am

If Junior gets her, and they fall, something will happen, im pretty sure, things will get WAY too slow if Mimi dies. Since we've been already introduced to Chi and everything, Mimi dying right now would be like...I don't know, I just don't like the idea :VVV

Rivals? Oh dear, that would be funny :v
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 am

I know that all kinds of sh!£ would hit the fan if Mimi were to die right now but having a hunger induced hallucination of a muffin and walking of a cliff just doesn't sound right to me. I just said I like the idea of a ghost girl but then I realised that if a new main character were to show up with ghost powers (walkers heir possibly) then I would want them to be a boy. Mainly to stop this from turning into a harem but also because of the potential for him to be a really cool character. He could have a cold calculating personality to contrast with Jr's hot headed hero. I also think it would be really cool if all of the underworld rulers had heirs who became allies through some epic adventure like the war ark. This would be especially cool because with all the different sides forming some kind of uneasy alliance or truce it could open it up for a new enemy to appear. Perhaps one not from the underworld like some kind of eldritch abomination. That would be an interesting story line to do after a ten year time skip.
Last edited by ari-6 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
gott ist tot

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!