Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Hmm. Didn't notice that the first time around. Now I'm highly tempted to lift his ban.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't want him back. He's already stalking me on the other forum, I don't want him stalking me here too.

As for whether or not he's good enough to return, look at the other forum. Also, the supposed "alt" was actually his friend. I can vouch for him there.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 pm

A brother stalking his own sister. Wincest. Weird.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 pm

Not literally stalking, he just randomly shows up in a lot of threads I've posted in.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Rival » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:29 am

Congrats on another successful thread derail. The last 2-3 pages of this thread were mostly good, but alas you had to get involved.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:16 pm

What? I simply made a comment.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zako » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Quick lets get back on track.

BG go make a mech RP. Gotta have motherships and pew pew.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 am

I now crave a Secret World RP... The game certainly has its flaws, mostly in the combat system, but I'll be damned if it doesnt have one of the most original MMO settings in ages.
Mephobiac

Postby Archrival » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 am

That'd be interesting, given the three factions and the like.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Rival » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 am

I'm way out of the loop on MMOs, forgot Secret World was one until I wiki'd it.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:20 pm

It was 50% off during the Steam sales, so I figured I might as well pick it up

Add Shadowrun to my list of RPs I want to play
Mephobiac

Postby Vishock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi people.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Archrival » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 am

Asmodai wrote:It was 50% off during the Steam sales, so I figured I might as well pick it up

Just been playing some Shadowrun Returns, damn is it good but challenging. I have always wanted to test out a tabletop variation.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:11 pm

I know some people were working on CSs for my RP but I only need 1 more CS posted before I start. Anyone nearly done?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Archrival wrote:
Asmodai wrote:It was 50% off during the Steam sales, so I figured I might as well pick it up

Just been playing some Shadowrun Returns, damn is it good but challenging. I have always wanted to test out a tabletop variation.

Challenging? I found the game to be pretty easy... Just focus on either a pistol (auto-load is amazing, coupled with a heavy pistol) or a rifle and get ready to kill just about anybody

Gonna try a melee character for my second run. I'm already hating myself (melee suuuuuuucks)

P.S. Its 2am and a heavy thunderstorm is rolling in, my room has turned into a strobing disco. This is awesome.
Mephobiac

Postby Archrival » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:16 am

Asmodai wrote:
Archrival wrote:

Challenging? I found the game to be pretty easy... Just focus on either a pistol (auto-load is amazing, coupled with a heavy pistol) or a rifle and get ready to kill just about anybody

Gonna try a melee character for my second run. I'm already hating myself (melee suuuuuuucks)

P.S. Its 2am and a heavy thunderstorm is rolling in, my room has turned into a strobing disco. This is awesome.

It was the bugs that were the problem, especially them spitters though Harley was the most useful party member ever. I might try decker next time just to get more out of it since there was a lot of Decking points.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 am

Oh god, I hated Harley... He was by far my most useless partner ever. Couldnt hit a thing and barely did any damage. seriously, even with the accuracy II buff, he still only had a 85% chance to hit someone pointblank with a huge fricking sword. And when he did hit, it was just a scratch.
Mephobiac

Postby Archrival » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:02 am

Asmodai wrote:Oh god, I hated Harley... He was by far my most useless partner ever. Couldnt hit a thing and barely did any damage. seriously, even with the accuracy II buff, he still only had a 85% chance to hit someone pointblank with a huge fricking sword. And when he did hit, it was just a scratch.

Did you even use his chi-sword abilities? He was fricking awesome as he did like 24 damage a hit and could get three off in quick succession if close enough plus the speed boost spell helped too, also being a Decker helps there as you can mark enemies giving more accuracy against them.

Edit: Found this nice little Shadowrun Tabletop character generator, it's a little fiddly but very intuitive since you can see how much BP you spend creating it as well as nuyen, I just happen to choose one of the more complex character archetypes to create.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby CrimsonJack » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello, I'm back! Summer has been busy. Welp that's all I have to say, I can guess no one has missed me?
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Belwicket » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey, Jack, how you been?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Why hasnt anybody ever told me there's a Berserk anime? And not only that, but its developed by Studio 4°C...

Just ran through all three arcs in one go, you'd think having read the manga and knowing what will come would steel oneself for the "Dark Age" scene... But goddamn, Studio 4°C actually managed to make it look even worse (thats worse in the good way).

So good... So good...
Mephobiac

Postby Rival » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:56 am

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it a bunch of times, in Weirdness, too. Studio 4°C are cool, as a trivia they also do the animation for some of the DC direct-to-DVD animated movies. Their use of CG in Berserk is pretty distracting though, their CG is pretty clunky and sometimes the characters move so unnaturally it takes away from the movie. The Zodd scenes are like that.

The movies themselves are good and pretty faithful adaptations so far, but I've read the Golden Age arc numerous times, so it's hard for me to get excited again about that particular part of the story.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 am

They do a lot of stuff, I was pleasantly surprised to find out they did the animations in the game Catherine. I'm also pleased to find out that these Golden Age arcs are apparently only the first in an upcoming saga of Berserk stuff. Its always nice to get more Berserk, given how slow the manga updates.
Mephobiac

Postby Archrival » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:07 am

Asmodai wrote:They do a lot of stuff, I was pleasantly surprised to find out they did the animations in the game Catherine. I'm also pleased to find out that these Golden Age arcs are apparently only the first in an upcoming saga of Berserk stuff. Its always nice to get more Berserk, given how slow the manga updates.

Catherine is not a game. It merely resembles one.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:57 am

Rival wrote:I'm pretty sure I mentioned it a bunch of times, in Weirdness, too. Studio 4°C are cool, as a trivia they also do the animation for some of the DC direct-to-DVD animated movies. Their use of CG in Berserk is pretty distracting though, their CG is pretty clunky and sometimes the characters move so unnaturally it takes away from the movie. The Zodd scenes are like that.

The movies themselves are good and pretty faithful adaptations so far, but I've read the Golden Age arc numerous times, so it's hard for me to get excited again about that particular part of the story.

Fo sho, both paragraphs. Lets get to the damn "giant slab of metal sword" part of the anime already. The CG really is the main (only?) bad thing about the new ovas. I also notice it a lot on the regular characters. Every once in a while they manage to use it subtly enough that it looks like 2D animation, and it's kinda impressive, but it's rare.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing