The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:58 am

I was hoping the Davy Back Fights, would end with the Straw Hat crew getting a new member, but more than likely they'll brake even somehow. I do like One Piece. I like a lot better with Funimation is doing the dubs instead, of 4Kids.

bluebluetopaz wrote:No more Thundercats and Sym-Biotic Titan after this Saturday.

But didn't Tom say Sym-bionic Titan would return at some point? By "return", I think they mean "reintroduce the reruns to a later time slot". But that's just a guess.

bluebluetopaz wrote:I've heard good things about Monster (not sure if it is my cup of tea or not though), though it would probably make a nice addition should they need a new show to put in Soul Eater's place.

Monster's a pretty good anime in my opinion. I watched the entire series on SyFy. I heard there were plans to make it into a live action series on HBO.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:51 am

I liked Monster back when Animonday on SyFy was around and it filled the void when Toonami was gone. But then SyFy kept moving it around without notice and soon enough I never ended up finishing the series.

Also, to add my two cents with OP, I was also hoping they'd add someone to the crew too with the Davy Back Games. I didn't know it was filler, so thinking them getting the girl or even the captain himself sounded kinda cool to me. But my favorite filler would probably be the Z's Ambition arc with Lily Enstomach. She just instantly turned into my favorite filler character and I hope to see more of her in the future.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I liked Monster back when Animonday on SyFy was around and it filled the void when Toonami was gone. But then SyFy kept moving it around without notice and soon enough I never ended up finishing the series.

Yeah Animonday flipping around made keeing up hard. It helped if you 1. Had full cable and 2 knew that one of the Showtime channels (Showtime beyond, I think) was showing it about a week out of synch with Syfy (that fact saved my bacon twice, once when I missed it on Syfy due to a power outage, and once when I missed it due to horrible listeria [even today I who love most smelly cheeses, will not touch Livarot]).
Actually that ShoB was pretty useful in other ways. Not only did it last a little longer than Animonday, but being in the high premium channels, they weren't as strict on censorship. When they showed Dead Leaves the didn't cut out the sex scenes (which are pretty funny) or fog out the bad girl's toplessness. And there were things they showed there Syfy never touched, like the two part Eiken Club, and some series whose name I forgot about a world where people steal other peoples body parts. It a bit like how while I loved Basilisk when it was shown on IFC, I don't bother suggesting it as an add on to the Toonami lineup, since I know they'd never do it, just too much gore for them (though after Deadman Wonderland, I may have to revise that theory).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am

Deadman Wonderland censorship, felt like >1/3 of the anime was incomplete.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I like a lot better with Funimation is doing the dubs instead, of 4Kids.

I cannot agree more with you on that. I was relieved when it became obvious that Sanji wouldn't have his lollipop in this version (though that was just one of the concerns I had).

Havoc751 wrote:But didn't Tom say Sym-bionic Titan would return at some point? By "return", I think they mean "reintroduce the reruns to a later time slot". But that's just a guess.

When I posted that I was getting the information from Crunchyroll (so I hadn't heard the announcement officially on Toonami yet), but I don't doubt that it probably will make a return to Toonami sometime in the future. Eventually everything comes back to Toonami/Adult Swim in some form or another.

Tenshi Nova wrote: I love you, in a platonic, anime love kind of way. I'm going to stop before I get any creepier.

Ha, I've seen creepier, but thanks. I planimove you guys/girls too with awkwardness c:

Mr. Sefrol wrote:But my favorite filler would probably be the Z's Ambition arc with Lily Enstomach.

I'll admit that that arc was pretty entertaining, but I'd completely forgotten about it until you brought it up. Z's ambition arc reminds me of that crossover OVA between DBZ, One Piece and Toriko   (mainly because of how both ended)   . Anyone think that the OVA will make its way to Toonami one day in the future?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:I cannot agree more with you on that. I was relieved when it became obvious that Sanji wouldn't have his lollipop in this version (though that was just one of the concerns I had).

Yeah, that kind of censorship kills it I mean "sends it to the shadow realm". Because there's obviously a difference. Also some of the voice acting sounds much better.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Deadman Wonderland censorship, felt like >1/3 of the anime was incomplete.

I didn't watch Deadman Wonderland before it hit Toonami. So I wasn't aware of any graphical censorship. I did notice a lot of bad language had to be bleeped out. Yet, it seemed like, the closer the serous got to the end, the less swearing there was.

I really hope it gets another season. If not, I guess I could always read the manga.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I love you, in a platonic, anime love kind of way. I'm going to stop before I get any creepier.

Tenshi, you're a black-belt master in the art of awkwardness. :3

bluebluetopaz wrote:When I posted that I was getting the information from Crunchyroll (so I hadn't heard the announcement officially on Toonami yet), but I don't doubt that it probably will make a return to Toonami sometime in the future. Eventually everything comes back to Toonami/Adult Swim in some form or another.

I've been waiting to see if they'll bring back any of the "Pre-Toonami" animes. Like rerun episodes of code geass, Durarara, or Kekkaishi. When they said "Sym-Boinic would return" I was hoping they meant new episodes, but a quick Google search turned up nothing. Dammit, that show needs another season.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:45 pm

You haven't read Deadman Wonderland?    Next chapter is the last chapter.   
I thought you have considering the pic.

I have far surpassed the need for rank. I don't even where pants.
Rocks

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Deadman Wonderland censorship, felt like >1/3 of the anime was incomplete.

Havoc751 wrote:I didn't watch Deadman Wonderland before it hit Toonami. So I wasn't aware of any graphical censorship. I did notice a lot of bad language had to be bleeped out. Yet, it seemed like, the closer the serous got to the end, the less swearing there was.

I really hope it gets another season. If not, I guess I could always read the manga.

I am in doubt about Deadman Wonderland having a second season only because of the sneak peek i took of the event's after the first in the manga and it's way more graphical than what we saw before
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Hey everyone! I haven't really looked into it but I'm getting rumors at least that Evangelion 2.0 will be airing on Toonami sometime in the coming weeks. When that happens Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece will be off the air...I think that's what I remember. I'll keep you posted, but take this with a grain of salt and bear with me.

Also, I managed to catch up with Soul Eater. Nothing special.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:04 pm

This what you were referring to Bellorosso?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -august-31

It also says that Eureka 7 is going to be replaced by Star Wars the Clone Wars after its finale airs (and I believe the finale aired last night).

I'm curious about this little tidbit:
"a special little goodie that you'll have to wait to find out about."
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah I was looking for that. Won't be watching it though since I own the movie myself. I'll try not to miss out on the goodie though.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 pm

SAO looks like a harem. I really thought Bleach ended but I guess not! Looks like It Is back for more fillers.
Can't have too much fun or shit goes down

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
Time to unclench my friends

Postby Cerulean » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Don't worry, you have a while before it (Bleach) ends.

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:10 pm

I thought I outlived It....

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

I hate it...with respect, but still hate it. Talking about both SAO and Bleach. Not as much respect for SAO, but it's there. c:
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 am

I tried Sword Art Online, but it really just wasn't my thing. I have a bit of a "love-hate" relationship with Bleach. Like it, it has great characters and really good action, but I hate how much filler it has. I hate how it cuts to a different arc in the middle of another arc, or just goes to one or two non-connecting filler episodes. It's sort of a case of: Finish one candy bar, before you open another. This is the same reason I'm pissed at GT.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:49 am

OrangeBee wrote:SAO looks like a harem.

I though so too based on the credits but now I'm not 100% sure. Of the five girls in the opening credits    one is already dead   . So unless there is a surprise down the road say the last girl in the credits is the same as the one who died (hair color is the same), and what we see is her in game limbo from which they figure out how to rescue her that cuts the pool down a bit. How many girls do you need for a full "harem" genre show?
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:52 am

Three or more. If you wanted an answer.
F U Im evil

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:34 am

Harem the ratio would be 1:3 or higher, this also goes for 1 female:3 males. The ratio technically applies to 2:6, 3:9, so on and so forth.

Only thing about SAO's harem, is that the main character is outwardly showing affection to a single female, so it's mostly their relationship, and a bunch of girls that have their own one sided crushes, in terms of character relation. I only watched up to the end of the first game, so I don't know what changed up in the later worlds that were introduced.
Rocks

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 pm

The SAO harem to me seems generic

You got the Tough female version of the main character, The girl who looks like the heros sister, and the one he actually like (And lets not forget they are probably far from each other in reality. I haven't seen much of the others but they are probably just as generic as the others.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:59 pm

But they're openly going out, and from what I've seen he's had no interest in any of the other girls, at least not romantically.
Rocks

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:But they're openly going out, and from what I've seen he's had no interest in any of the other girls, at least not romantically.

That's the point of the harem In this one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I know, which I personally don't like. Not that much, but it's one of the few for why I don't like it too much.
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 pm

SAO was just OK for me. I liked the concept of the show well enough (Trapped in video game fighting for freedom from it), but there were some moments that just soured my experience with it (Particularly the second half of the anime).

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm aware that the manga had them play, I think 4, different games. And then there's always 16.5 >.> Heard a lot about it, never read it.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)